• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
we're probably going to have to get an alliance going with another guild or two to have a chance with Teq kill spawns. As talented as we are we usually can't field the numbers to beat him alone.

As far as pvp I don't think the hot join matches are good at all. 5v5 is a lot of fun though.

Scum

Eugh. Work has kept me away from Guild Wars 2 for a little while now. But at least I have a few days off in a week and a bit. :D

Looking forward to the big update!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
For five more days.
sparkfly fen is not likely to be affected on the 15th, is it?

SBI definitely does overflow every day at least at reset though. I expected it to taper more, personally, too. I hate queues of any stripe, so I don't do it much anymore, just every once in a while. glad it has remained popular, though.

Retro

sparkfly fen is not likely to be affected on the 15th, is it?

SBI definitely does overflow every day at least at reset though. I expected it to taper more, personally, too. I hate queues of any stripe, so I don't do it much anymore, just every once in a while. glad it has remained popular, though.

Sparkfly is pretty dead when there isn't a Taco fight though, so I think it definitely qualifies as a "low population zone." We'll have to wait and see, but if they wanted to really test the shit out of their Megaserver system, that'd be the place to do it.

And yeah, it's funny that "I can't play, there's too many people!" fits so comfortably with the "no one players this game!" narrative on Reddit. Oh wait, no it doesn't
1sm067roll8turv.gif

Wondering if I could join the guild, Grandtrain.8139. Tried out WvW, but it's pretty empty.

Invite sent. Looks like you're on Stormbluff Isle, WvW probably isn't too active considering we sort of stomped BP and NSP this week. It's also coming up on Primetime for the East Coast, so it should pick up here fairly soon.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Huh, I find it weird that the usually "Full" servers are now just Very High.

Whatever the spawn right after dailies reset is would be the highest chance at success since they do it organized once or twice after the reset. Don't quote me on this since I never go to these but at least the first attempt should be successful.

Ah I see.

Yes but people start gathering in the map as early as 7est so they don't get locked out of the map at 8.

2early4me

I guess I will never get Sunbringer D:

Retro

Huh, I find it weird that the usually "Full" servers are now just Very High.

ArenaNet is constantly increasing caps and such. I've lost count of how many times they've done it since launch, but I believe the last one was in December (Jira knows better than I do).

Good SE2 run tonight. I hadn't done it since I did it for Dungeon Master tittle. It really isn't that difficult just lots of mobs.

Awesome late night EBing with Callunah, Lump, xenoflux and enumi.

Even with a full TS-coordinated group, the past three successes I've had on Taco never resulted in getting the "Flawless Defense" cheevo, which requires that all six turrets stay up the entire fight. This is mainly because at the final laser phase, everyone bumrushes the weakened Taco but the turret guards don't go back. That is the most efficient way to take him down.

I'm not sure why I was even going after the title, given that my main doesn't even wear titles, but after 3 attempts that was enough.

undersakura

Neo Member
This chart looks interesting at first but it's pretty useless at comparing F2P games in a significant way. Average revenue per month per user is not a really good metric especially when some games require a paid key to play. Active subscribers/users over time would be more interesting.

Sajjaja

xenoflux just told me about leveling in WvW..................4 levels (level 32 now) and some new gear so fast holy crap. I was just wondering where I was going to have to quest now because I completed all of quests in Geddarran Hills.

Level 32 means my first dungeon now right???? Am excite.

Also....my FPS...RIP..... two armies clashing and it was sub 10.

xenoflux just told me about leveling in WvW..................4 levels (level 32 now) and some new gear so fast holy crap. I was just wondering where I was going to have to quest now because I completed all of quests in Geddarran Hills.

Yeah you gotta turn your settings down for WvW.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Even with a full TS-coordinated group, the past three successes I've had on Taco never resulted in getting the "Flawless Defense" cheevo, which requires that all six turrets stay up the entire fight. This is mainly because at the final laser phase, everyone bumrushes the weakened Taco but the turret guards don't go back. That is the most efficient way to take him down.

I'm not sure why I was even going after the title, given that my main doesn't even wear titles, but after 3 attempts that was enough.

Wow... so those with sunbringer must be really lucky

Atrophis

I didn't get my first Teq kill until quite recently but I have that achiev, so its definitely possible to get the title. I just need to dodge his tail and find the hidden treasure to complete the meta.

With guilds spawning him it should actually be easier to get a coordinated group to complete the achievs.

Ceres

Banned
We got flawless defense on a regular SBI taco attempt a few weeks ago. I've had the title since the original patch but it happens on occasion. And it was the first few times I'd done it in several months so it's not like I've been doing it every day. Although, if you can get into a TTS overflow, its probably your best bet on something like flawless.

And I voted Metrica. Feel like I've spent a lot of time in Ashford and Wayfarer lately leveling characters on my two accounts. However, not sure I'll be partaking. Big week in WvW so I'd rather focus that. If we're that far behind already by Tuesday, maybe I'll take a break that day though.

dont forget our megaserver test event in the 15th.

make a new character and join us while we level up together in the same zone!

http://gafguild.com/index.php?threa...ng-a-new-alt-at-the-launch-day.842/#post-7746

also dont forget help us decide where are we hanging together by voting here:

http://strawpoll.me/1475281

im counting on you all!

I voted for Plains of Ashford but I'm kind of in the same boat as Ceres if the WvW matches are clothes. Also going by previous updates expect many bugs because there is just so much stuff going in to this patch something is bound to not work just right on update day.

For WvW just keep the resolution, and turn everything off, if you don't as you have seen it's a horrible experience, when 3 servers clash it's like gaming with 56k when you need broadband lol..

Ceres

Banned
I've actually been able to find a pretty good balance between best performance and auto detect where I haven't changed my settings in a few weeks whether I do Taco, WvW, or just general PvE. But I also haven't done many big SM fights lately as I generally stick to the BL unless I'm trying to finish up leveling a character.

My 2500k is also overclocked to 4.3 at this time which helps a lot. I'll post settings/stats sometime this weekend as I'm sure SBI BL will test my setup tonight.

Retro

Never say never: http://ttsgamers.com/odd-spawn-teq-a-thon-brought-to-you-by-tts/

What: Odd Spawn Teq-a-thon, A Guild Wars 2 Community Event Hosted by TTS

What time: 10pm Friday – 10pm Saturday (server time), Every spawn except the “Prime time”

What Server: Kaineng, main and as many overflows as needed.

Anet is changing “Mega boss” spawn times so they are only during “Prime time.” This means that those who can not fight their favorite bosses at the set times are left out in the cold! They do allow guilds to spawn Teq using merits but they have to spend over 700g and 2 months of work along with who knows how many merits just to set things up so they can spawn when they want.

This sadly leaves a good majority of those who are guildless or in small guilds or guilds without the current unlocks set up to chose between things like work/school or sleep and doing the content we love.

TTS wants to show ANet that there are people out there who LOVE this content and want to play it and we invite everyone in GW2 to come with us. We are going to spend a whole day helping ANYONE to kill Teq on these off hours to show Anet how much we love it and how much we want to SAVE OUR SPAWNS!

TTS Twitch will be there with live coverage of the event, this will be the start of our Twitch stream as well so there is going to me more ways then ever to interact with TTS.
You can check it out at http://www.twitch.tv/ttsgamers Favorite it before hand to get in on all the action, there will be steam codes given away during the broadcast.

I think this set schedule thing. Is not going to go well. I think next step is to just to let us know which megaservers we are in and keep events like the spawn now. We can still use API to figure out which megaservers is up and at what time the events will pop.

Proven

So I'm seeing Captain American tonight which means I'm missing both reset and the start of the TTS event (maybe I'll get my first Tequatl kill!). Good luck everyone.

https://twitter.com/mmorpgcom/status/454629286360911872

Colin sighted!

Hope it's about living story season 2.

That's from PAX East so hopefully the tease LS2 there.

I didn't even think they'd show up to PAX East. My first thought was the usual patch preview the press gets before they put out articles on Monday/Tuesday morning.

Four more days...

What a bummer... I took advantage of the sale to rebuy the game. GMG "canceled" and refunded my order 3 weeks after purchasing it without notifying me and this caused my serial code to become invalid. Anet banned me from the game for obvious reasons.

I talked to customer support and they said I just needed to buy another copy and get a new serial code. I figured I could have it applied to my original account and get my characters back. Nope. They told me I need to make a new account and there's no way to get my old account or characters back.

Meh. That discourages me from hopping into the game again. Maybe once my ESO hype dies I'll go back. Suppose I can give out my serial code to a friend.

Ceres

Banned
Wait what? Megabosses are only during evening hours in ET?!

Every 8 hrs.
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-megaserver-system-world-bosses-and-events/

Hard-Core, Mega-Organized Events—(Thanks for naming this, Colin.) This classification currently includes Tequatl, the Great Jungle Wurm, and the Karka Queen. Since these events require the greatest amount of organization between players, they all occur within a three-hour window that begins approximately every eight hours. This is weighted towards regional prime times.

It's also basically weighted toward Pacific time so Taco isn't until 10pm EST for me and where as people do Karka right after taco, it has to be done before Taco at 9pm. So rather than finish taco and have Karka done 10 minutes later, it's going to be do karka, immediately move to Sparkfly and hope you get a good/full megaserver.

And honestly, Karka being included in this is kind of a joke. A fully organized Taco still has a chance to fail if there's a bad burn or issues with the battery defense. It also takes up pretty much the entire time given. Karka takes more time to spawn than it does to kill with the group that shows up from sparkfly afterwards. Fire Ele and other events take longer at this point.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
The last two Teakettle runs I did I tried to get the sunken treasure achievement. I say tried because I swam down to treasure but it wouldn't open, even with me right on top of it, plenty of health left too.

Is there some kind of secret to opening the damm thing?

Ceres

Banned
They're expecting big guilds to pick up some of the Taco et al spawning slack, it seems.

The problem here is addressed by TTS. Anet is launching this without resolving multi server guild influence (not expected until end of the year). The TTS guilds were created so those on low servers or who play off hours that can't beat Taco, have a guild they can be in to help with stuff like that. So logically, they would be spawning Taco, right? Wrong. They don't have the upgrades, they don't have the influence, and they have no real way of taking care of that. They have 10 guilds now with members across all of the NA servers. So for a guild that only gets repped maybe an hour a day by (overestimating) 100 across 24 servers, they don't gain a lot of influence and what they do gain, is split up across all of the servers. So now rather than guesting/overflowing, you have to depend on large guilds centralized on a single server for the next 6 months.

Ah nevermind looks like the WXP UI. I just hope this is actually new and not some rehash of what we already know for the slow people who don't follow the game.

You mean class? I want to say Warrior because the F slots look yellow to me but it's not really possible to confirm. Could be any class with 4 F slots.

Edit: ah your edit caught me and I was mistaken anyways. Disregard.

Moondrop

Banned
I thought I needed to rush to make a character or two before the patch because it would be easier for that character to acquire traits. But now I realize that's not true- that character would still be subject to the new PvE trait progression, while in PvP would have all the same unlocks everyone faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom