• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiokazu

Nice job on Missions, everyone. Easy bounty (Poobadoo and Trillia), a nice Challenge (Ogre/Devourers) after failing Crabtoss and a great run through Snowden Drifts Puzzle with FRST. Then we got Karka Rush because of Kos, but damn near everyone got through and we took out the Queen while we were down there.

Makeups are Tomorrow at 3pm Eastern / Noon Pacific (Server) time.

Tuesday is Update Day! Get ready for major changes. We may also get some hints on Season 2 of the Living Story.

dont forget to hang out with us at metrica province, bring your new or low level alts and lets haev some fun together!

Ashodin

sSd2WsK.jpg

Getting ready!

AtAGrgX.png

Chaos Armors!

Txc7rWy.png

GAF Guild rests after taking down Poobadoo.

p5CIruE.png

Here we are at Sunny Southsun Cove, getting ready to CRAB TOSS. (we failed).

KrDy7Iq.png

We then did a Challllllllllllengeeeeeeee!!!! that actually worked.

6sh5pVP.png

We had another guild, FRST, come help us with the Puzzle!

u6niv3s.png

Hop skip and jump through the puzzle!

QU1aDPh.png

Fighting Ice Drakes. WHEE!

9ijcfP5.png

The Sylvari Hound is laughing at me because I got ice in my teeth.

EoVZYM7.png

After the event that must not be named* we took down Karka Queen! THE COLORS

Zeroth kept bugging me to play, so this was the first time I've ever done Guild missions. I'm happy I was able to keep up! It was a lot of fun, so I definitely want to join in more often!

sSd2WsK.jpg

Getting ready!

KrDy7Iq.png

Hey look, I'm right in the middle of two different screens! Haha.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
OMG I'm in those shots <3

What time is the guild's "new character after patch partay!"? And I'll warp to metrica for my female charr engineer.

I'm gonna call her Sneaky Cobblestones.

hythloday

What did you do GAF?

psMv5Ka.png

'There have been some issues with that particular web host. I seem to remember Retro mention Ferny may be looking for a new one soon.

Ladies, please

contain your

orgasms.

Not sure that's possible. LOOK at those pistols.

Nice job on Missions, everyone. Easy bounty (Poobadoo and Trillia), a nice Challenge (Ogre/Devourers) after failing Crabtoss and a great run through Snowden Drifts Puzzle with FRST. Then we got Karka Rush because of Kos, but damn near everyone got through and we took out the Queen while we were down there.

Makeups are Tomorrow at 3pm Eastern / Noon Pacific (Server) time.

Tuesday is Update Day! Get ready for major changes. We may also get some hints on Season 2 of the Living Story.

Seems I slept through all the fun last night. Oh well, I was dog tired. There's always this afternoon! and OMG TUESDAY IS ALMOST HERE.

Boss Doggie

Hmm so now she is born: Ballista Nutwrecker.

She's gonna be a nade chargineer, so I take it power and condition damage should be considered.

But I want her to not to die fast. Too bad there doesn't seem to be a pow/con/vit or pow/con/tou combo

Retro

What did you do GAF?

I let Ferny know, he hasn't gotten back to me yet. Last time this happened, our (now former) web host tried to bill him early before he updated his CC info. When I talked to him last week, both the site and Mumble were both paid up for a while, so it's not that.

If I had to venture a guess, it's possibly bot-related. We've had a hell of a time with spambots lately.

Retro

Lol. You and you hatered of Ashodin are funny.

Actually, we all agreed last night that we failed Crab Toss and got the Karka Rush because of you, so you're actually much higher on my list.

Yes, I keep a list.
No, I don't.
But if I did you'd be on it. Just sayin'

Abdozer

Sorry if this has been answered before guys, but is this a good time to jump in? I loved the first Guild Wars and got the first expansion pack (Factions I think?) but stopped playing due to personal reasons.

I'll most likely be playing solo as well.

Retro

Sorry if this has been answered before guys, but is this a good time to jump in? I loved the first Guild Wars and got the first expansion pack (Factions I think?) but stopped playing due to personal reasons.

I'll most likely be playing solo as well.

I don't think you could pick a better time; not only is a huge feature patch is coming on Tuesday, but today is the last day the game will be $25 via the GW2 site. You literally could not pick any better time to start.

As for playing Solo, you certainly can but you'd have a much better time rolling with GAFGuild. We play on Stormbluff Isle (NA). Post your username (name.####) for an invite if you'd like.

Abdozer

I don't think you could pick a better time; not only is a huge feature patch is coming on Tuesday, but today is the last day the game will be $25 via the GW2 site. You literally could not pick any better time to start.

As for playing Solo, you certainly can but you'd have a much better time rolling with GAFGuild. We play on Stormbluff Isle (NA). Post your username (name.####) for an invite if you'd like.

$25? Wow guess I'm in then lol. Thanks for the invite, I'll post my username later on.

Shiokazu

OMG I'm in those shots <3

What time is the guild's "new character after patch partay!"? And I'll warp to metrica for my female charr engineer.

I'm gonna call her Sneaky Cobblestones.

from the time update goes live to the time people cant/dont want to play anymore!

ITS A LEGITIMATE GRAND FIESTA ALRALRALRALRALRALRALRAL

V6M6U.gif

Sajjaja

I've tried every class for a couple hours and none of them have really clicked with me. :\
Maybe GW2 is just not for me.

Well, I don't think you can get a feel of a class until their level 30 to be honest, which is when you get their elite skill. By that time, you can make a proper judgement.

However, I may not know what I'm talking about it since I only started playing a week ago and only have 1 character above 30 lol.

Trey

I've tried every class for a couple hours and none of them have really clicked with me. :
Maybe GW2 is just not for me.

Completely possible. GW2 ain't gonna shine on everyone. Best thing about it is that it'll always be there for you if you get the urge. For free.

Shiokazu

AAAND THIS IS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OUR DESTINATION TUESDAY: METRICA PROVINCE

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Metrica_Province

62 common dynamic events

and 2 meta events.

fun until lv 16(probably above.)

and the presence of gaffers!

dont forget to come hang with us tuesday, meeting at Soren draa waypoint just after the update launch. bring your new alts or low level alts and prepare to party.

we will be running all of the map completion, including vistas, and hopping in every event we can possibly get. PLUS exploring the area and finding the secrets around.

if you dont have idea of how to get there, its pretty easy.

head to a city, any city, and pick the asura gate that used to lead to lions arch (now it leads to vigil keep). or just head straight to the vigil keep. then get the asura gate to rata sum, and leave through the north gate at creator's commons

if you are not coming from rata sum then there are two other ways:

from caledom forest you just need to pick the exit west to the town of cathal, located in trader's green

from brisban you just need to head south and pick the exit at south of mrot boru, at venlin vale.

well be expecting you!

Retro

Good job on Make-up Missions this week, everyone got their Bounty / Puzzle comms, almost everyone got Challenge comms, and Rush was... well... Karka, so that usually means more than a few won't finish.

Tuesday is Update day, be sure to check out Vil's new character fiesta too, then Hawkian should be back Wednesday then Mission Fever Saturday.

Proven

from the time update goes live to the time people cant/dont want to play anymore!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16149640/V6M6U.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Hmm, let me know if you guys make it to a level 40 area. I didn't feel like resetting a birthday or buying a new character slot just yet.

Or maybe I'll just show up on my lone Asura.

KrDy7Iq.png

Nice, I made it in a screenshot AND I wasn't dead at the time! Was a good time; sorry I had to bail early.

Tuesday's pretty exciting, although I'll probably only be able to log in for a couple of hours after work. May start a new character regardless, just to experiment with some different gameplay styles.

Taffer

Aww yeah! Finally a good thing happened in Game of Thrones.

I can guess what it was because some dude was just running around Metrica shouting it in mapchat. I've read the books so didn't realise it was news until just now. The reason I read the books is because of a guy shouting (fake) spoilers at a Clawmag fight months ago, I decided to get there before mapchat ruined it.
In your face mapchat! I win!

I can guess what it was because some dude was just running around Metrica shouting it in mapchat. I've read the books so didn't realise it was news until just now. The reason I read the books is because of a guy shouting (fake) spoilers at a Clawmag fight months ago, I decided to get there before mapchat ruined it.
In your face mapchat! I win!
I have not read the books but I've had nothing spoiled so far which is good.

jtenma

Banned

V6M6U.gif

I'm kinda new here (long time lurker)... but Im pumped for this, gaf. I work during the week but I will join you all when I can. I havent played in a hot minute so I want to relearn the game and start anew!

I have 1 lv 80 Engineer (the best class in the game imo) but I think I will remake a new engi for this.

swnny

First thing I'm going to do is probably jump straight into PvP and play around with a couple new sigils/runes.

Same here. I'm already in the Mists anyway, so I'll start right off with the "PvP Build" and check out on the new/reworked sigils and runes.
I'm also interested in checking my locker/wardrobe and mostly how they will handle duplicate dyes (as I have lots and lots of dyes across all 7 characters).

Most of all, I want to see the balance changes to skills, traits, sigils and runes. I'm so sick of this hambow meta already...

Oh, and of course, I'll /rank with my dragon finisher. ^^

Edit: Woohoo! My first post as a "Member", and not "Junior". :D

Shiokazu

I'm kinda new here (long time lurker)... but Im pumped for this, gaf. I work during the week but I will join you all when I can. I havent played in a hot minute so I want to relearn the game and start anew!

I have 1 lv 80 Engineer (the best class in the game imo) but I think I will remake a new engi for this.

you're muuuch more than just welcome to make part of this event. just join us at metrica province whenever you can. as the person responsible for this event, i'll be hanging around there all time, so no worries. if you feel kind of lost dont freet, just ask me and i'll answer you right away ok?

re-welcome aboard to tyria, one of the best places to live since 2012

Boss Doggie

It's gonna be weird when my charr would be the only charr who didn't clear plains of ascalon

Also I think I should 100% rata sum and black citadel

CrimsonN0

Hmm, I have an extra Holo Dragon Wing, Desert Rose, and Abyss dye.

Do you think prices will rise or drop after the patch tommorow?
Currently:
Abyss dye = 30g
Desert Rose = 39g
Holo Dragon Wing=23g

Currently:
Abyss dye = 30g
Desert Rose = 39g
Holo Dragon Wing=23g

Since people are getting unidentified dyes back for any doubles they might have I think the prices will drop because the supply of dyes will increase which means if you want to sell yous you have to lower the price.

CoffeeMan

AAAND THIS IS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OUR DESTINATION TUESDAY: METRICA PROVINCE

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Metrica_Province

62 common dynamic events

and 2 meta events.

fun until lv 16(probably above.)

and the presence of gaffers!

dont forget to come hang with us tuesday, meeting at Soren draa waypoint just after the update launch. bring your new alts or low level alts and prepare to party.

we will be running all of the map completion, including vistas, and hopping in every event we can possibly get. PLUS exploring the area and finding the secrets around.

if you dont have idea of how to get there, its pretty easy.

head to a city, any city, and pick the asura gate that used to lead to lions arch (now it leads to vigil keep). or just head straight to the vigil keep. then get the asura gate to rata sum, and leave through the north gate at creator's commons

if you are not coming from rata sum then there are two other ways:

from caledom forest you just need to pick the exit west to the town of cathal, located in trader's green

from brisban you just need to head south and pick the exit at south of mrot boru, at venlin vale.

well be expecting you!

I'm running a similar event on WEdnesday on Sorrow's Furnace.
Exploration + Lore of the area. Ran all map once before (25 weeks), starting over, with a new character this wednesday. Metrica is our first map.

Ceres

Banned
Aww yeah! Finally a good thing happened in Game of Thrones.

I was spoiled due to my own stupidity (was reading the book wiki instead of show wiki without realizing it middle of last season). But I stopped reading immediately so didn't know exactly how it happened. It was almost an incentive of "at least had that to look forward to"
Luckily I haven't had anything spoiled in map chats.

Currently:
Abyss dye = 30g
Desert Rose = 39g
Holo Dragon Wing=23g

Abyss is likely going to go down in price. A lot of people already have it unlocked on at least one character and the huge number of unidentified dyes about the flood the market will increase the supply of a lot of dyes. Skins are a bit iffy. Once one is unlocked, there's no incentive to buy another so demand overall could go down. But then again, people might also be more willing to splurge on a one time buy to unlock versus one time use. Especially for skins that aren't really available any longer unless you still have the supplies needed to get them.

Proven

Same here. I'm already in the Mists anyway, so I'll start right off with the "PvP Build" and check out on the new/reworked sigils and runes.
I'm also interested in checking my locker/wardrobe and mostly how they will handle duplicate dyes (as I have lots and lots of dyes across all 7 characters).

Most of all, I want to see the balance changes to skills, traits, sigils and runes. I'm so sick of this hambow meta already...

Oh, and of course, I'll /rank with my dragon finisher. ^^

Edit: Woohoo! My first post as a "Member", and not "Junior". :D
Gratz.

Other than a handful of stealth changes I doubt we'll see anything more than what we already know, unfortunately. At the very least, be prepared for people still trying to make Hambow work on that first day.

Although I forgot about the Megaserver business. It'll actually be worth sitting in Heart of the Mists to immediately see what happens.

Also, some time late tonight the final rosters for the Tournament of Legends will be announced. Something like 150 teams applied (about 20% only partial teams) by the last time I asked. They didn't expect the influx and don't have the means to suddenly add preliminaries (they can only accommodate this being a one weekend tournament) so not everyone will get in.

All in all, there will be 64 teams from each region chosen, with 8 seeds each.

swnny

Other than a handful of stealth changes I doubt we'll see anything more than what we already know, unfortunately.

I shouldn't expect more skill/trait rebalancing, but all over their forums Anet is like "don't judge the balance just yet, wait for the full patch notes". Well, I know the patch notes gonna be HUGE, so I want to see some skill/trait tweaks in there too, not just the changes from the preview thread. I know I'll be dissapointed, thanks for pointing it out. :)

At the very least, be prepared for people still trying to make Hambow work on that first day.

Well, the longbow skills (3 and 5, I believe) are getting "shaved", so that's a good start. Same goes from engie's automated response and thief's pistol wirp, which will bring down these specs, or at least I hope so.
The eles are getting buffed, especially their healing, and I'm predicting most builds will use both power and energy on weapon swap sigils, as it just sounds strong.

And maybe celestial will become a viable option after 2 years of uselessness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom