• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mxrz

WTB Golem Mastery.

Because I'll have over 670 total "perk" points to play with after the 15th.

Gah. I think I *might* have enough to get the guard killer line. Really wish they'd find some way to boost wxp gains for havocs, but ah well. I'll have birthday boosters soon and I'll grind my face off in EotM.

Maybe.

So only rank 55+ are getting a boost? Foreverdeer.jpg.

Katoki

For anyone that does catch this, now is a very good time to hop into WvW to get quick karma, level up experience, and world experience because stuff has been flipping everywhere non-stop since sometime yesterday. I reckon it's about 3.5 hours til the new match up so that's about how much karma train time there should be about.

Gah. I think I *might* have enough to get the guard killer line. Really wish they'd find some way to boost wxp gains for havocs, but ah well. I'll have birthday boosters soon and I'll grind my face off in EotM.

Maybe.

So only rank 55+ are getting a boost? Foreverdeer.jpg.

Guard defense is better since you get +250 vitality over the maxed out guard killer line that gives +100 power and condition. If you were after the offensive stats or already are working on it, carry on.

Moondrop

Banned
Err...what's going on? Yes there is a big update but what is all this boost talk?

Birthday boosters were mailed out to all characters on the first anniversary of their creation. They're a 24-hour super booster, most valued for the +100% increase in WvW Experience earned.

Ludovico

How alive is this game still?

Easily enough to justify 25 bucks.

Constant (free) updates, with a significant feature patch launching this Tuesday, tons of gaffers to play with if you don't want to PUG for dungeons, scaling for if you want to just mess around in low level areas without feeling like you're wasting time.

Holiday events are my favorite times to play due to responsibilities, but I don't have to worry about a monthly fee or going through resubbing all the time.

As far as actual population, a new feature's going to help out a lot with empty zones. That'll be rolling out throughout the year.

Ghost23

Easily enough to justify 25 bucks.

Constant (free) updates, with a significant feature patch launching this Tuesday, tons of gaffers to play with if you don't want to PUG for dungeons, scaling for if you want to just mess around in low level areas without feeling like you're wasting time.

Holiday events are my favorite times to play due to responsibilities, but I don't have to worry about a monthly fee or going through resubbing all the time.

As far as actual population, a new feature's going to help out a lot with empty zones. That'll be rolling out throughout the year.

Oh I already have a lvl 80 elementalist from launch. I just decided to download the latest patches and give it a go again. It's kind of overwhelming, and I couldn't really find anyone since Lion's Arch is destroyed, so I was kind of confused.

Retro

Oh I already have a lvl 80 elementalist from launch. I just decided to download the latest patches and give it a go again. It's kind of overwhelming, and I couldn't really find anyone since Lion's Arch is destroyed, so I was kind of confused.

Head to Vigil Keep, just north of LA in Gendarran Field. That's the new center of the world where all the refugees are hanging out.

UltraMav

After Lion's Arch's destruction, did the devs update any old content to reflect it? For human story it feels weird going there for meetings and nobody mentioning it.

Sajjaja

After Lion's Arch's destruction, did the devs update any old content to reflect it? For human story it feels weird going there for meetings and nobody mentioning it.

lol yeah I was thinking the same thing. You enter LA for the first time and see it blow up in the cinematic, and then all the quest givers are like nothing happened.

Jira

Well in the case of the Personal Story it's REALLY hard to get the big voice actors into the studio as they're all so busy so that didn't get changed. As far as the open world, over in Vigil Keep and the surrounding areas there's a lot of changes that reflect all of that. Thing is to get an idea of it all you'd needed to have seen all the Dialogue leading up to and after the Season ending. Also, when the Tower of Nightmares went down, Hearts, Events, and Dialogue changed over in Kessex Hills to reflect it.

lol yeah I was thinking the same thing. You enter LA for the first time and see it blow up in the cinematic, and then all the quest givers are like nothing happened.

they dont reflect it in the personal story, but if you go to gerrandamn fields, bloodtide coast and lornars pass they all have camps with npcs that talk about it.

but lots of places they still refer to LA as the place to go to. for example if you go divinitys reach and talk to Mist Warriors in the big garden, they act like nothing happened. it's pretty crazy.. they blew up the social center in the entire game. nothing will ever be the samez.

UltraMav

That's odd, I would think that this kind of thing was planned from the beginning and they would have recorded necessary changes during production. Not a huge deal, it just makes me laugh a bit. Have they mentioned the lead-time on Living Story content before?

That's odd, I would think that this kind of thing was planned from the beginning and they would have recorded necessary changes during production. Not a huge deal, it just makes me laugh a bit. Have they mentioned the lead-time on Living Story content before?

voice acting is super expensive. you can see how fucked games like SWTOR are because of it. it's a giant hassle.

I dont think they planned the personal story before release. think it came afterwards. the VO for personal story was probably recorded in 2010-2011 or something like that. (guess!)

Jira

There's 4 teams, they each work for 4 months on 1 month worth of content and leap frog each other. However, they've since changed up how things work where there's a bunch of LS content, then Feature Pack (like the one coming on Tuesday), then back to LS stuff. So we're not exactly sure how things work compared to prior to the new year.

Morokh

Just dropping this here if some people are interested, first kill was smooth, well organized and very fun :)
JP1B7u5.jpg

Retro

Preview of Season 2 on Tuesday from at least MMORPG.com

https://twitter.com/MMORPGcom/status/454748526158049281

Looks like Tuesday is gonna be pretty big then, the Feature Update and the press embargo lifts.

Anybody here play on EU servers?

There's a few folks who still play on EU, but we've paid for a lot of folks to transfer to SBI since the EU chapter of the guild imploded. We never wanted a separate guild to exist anyways since tests during the BWEs showed latency wasn't an issue, but... erm... certain people decided they knew best, dragged all the EU folks to Gendara and then promptly vanished a couple months afterwords.

Proven

Heading out now, but for the next couple of days I'm going to be testing out a build that doesn't use the trait Fast Hands. My previous build was designed to put out a max level burst skill every 5-8 seconds, and I fear without a certain configuration I won't even be able to hit a consistent 9 seconds. This may go terribly. Worst case, I go running into the arms of Burst Mastery. Or just take advantage of the fact that trait reconfiguration will be faster and free after the 15th.

Concept17

I finally tried stepping back into this game after 10 months. Just played my necro, which came back to me fairly quickly.

All I did was a little WvW on the new map. Gained about 1 level in an hour. It was fun enough, but man, so much loot, and things going on in my UI, it was a bit overwhelming. I got the 1-year rewards and selected the wand skin, but I'm not really sure how skins work? I'm generally just lost on what there is to do, or where it is people hang out now that LA is gone.

Head to Vigil Keep, just north of LA in Gendarran Field. That's the new center of the world where all the refugees are hanging out.

That answers that, at least.

Retro

It was fun enough, but man, so much loot, and things going on in my UI, it was a bit overwhelming. I got the 1-year rewards and selected the wand skin, but I'm not really sure how skins work? I'm generally just lost on what there is to do, or where it is people hang out now that LA is gone.

There weren't any one-year rewards, apart from a Birthday present which was mailed to you. What happened is, while you were gone they instituted a new Achievement system that awards you chests at set thresholds. When you logged in, it likely retroactively awarded you one, which is where you got the Zenith weapon skin from.

Those skins are basically unlimited use; you can just pull new copies out from the achievement panel whenever you want. Next Tuesday, you'll be able to do that for ALL skins, though it will cost you transmutation 'charges' to do so.

Retro

Reminder: Guild Missions are in 2 hours (9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific). Since Hawkian is away at a brothel "conference" there won't be a lottery this week (but any tickets tickets will still count towards the next one). If you're new to the game, we'll try to get you into the missions but it all depends on what we roll.

Reminder: Guild Missions are in 2 hours (9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific). Since Hawkian is away at a brothel "conference" there won't be a lottery this week (but any tickets tickets will still count towards the next one). If you're new to the game, we'll try to get you into the missions but it all depends on what we roll.

Good luck tonight. Sorry if you fail everything because I am not there.

Ashodin

Thanks guys for letting us know, we really appreciate it! <3

Jdefn1v.png

I want YOU for guild missions

Lycian Strimsson

LoOPJQC.gif

Also no one told me gravity works in this game now

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm not at a brothel conference anymore now I'm in Portland relaxing and enjoying a very favorable April sun at the expense of missing the patch, so don't be too jealous, there's still that :) sorry I won't be around this week to give out other people's money in large quantities. Hope they're going well!

Retro

Nice job on Missions, everyone. Easy bounty (Poobadoo and Trillia), a nice Challenge (Ogre/Devourers) after failing Crabtoss and a great run through Snowden Drifts Puzzle with FRST. Then we got Karka Rush because of Kos, but damn near everyone got through and we took out the Queen while we were down there.

Makeups are Tomorrow at 3pm Eastern / Noon Pacific (Server) time.

Tuesday is Update Day! Get ready for major changes. We may also get some hints on Season 2 of the Living Story.

Oh god, WvW has been so funny these past few days. TC and JQ have formed a temporary alliance against BG. And since this is T1, 95% of people are in Mumble so everyone is aware of the pact. Our TC blob on BGBL standing right next to JQ's, sharing Hero's banner and food buffs. JQ quaqqans trailing behind us. When an accidental kill happens we all start /crying over the dead body. Someone even whipped out a trumpet and started playing. And the BG tears. Oh so delicious. The forums are alight with whining and claims of "bullying". So great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom