• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiokazu

They said "low population maps", but there's been no talk about which maps those actually are. But it won't be the 1-15 maps, to begin with, they said.

i though they said it would be.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-megaserver-system-guilds-and-the-future/ said:
As mentioned in the original blog about the megaserver system, on April 15 we’ll start by rolling out this technology to level 1–15 maps,

Atrophis

Come join the love.

Cfzri7b.jpg

Mxrz

Arah 4 was the last path I needed for Dungeon Master. Guildies and I decided to do it lastnight around 10:30 est. Hoo boy. We finally got it though.

So we've done every dungeon path in the game mostly blind. That was my original goal, and it ended up being quite fun. I don't mind stacking and running when doing a dungeon for gold, but when doing a new path for the first time, I wanted to experience the content. There's a lot of good stuff that tends to get over looked. Arah in particular seemed to have a lot of freaky and fun boss mechanics that aren't really seen else where--even in Fractals.

Annoying bit - One of the bosses in Arah 4 seemed to flatout require zerk. We failed for a long time until half the group came back as zerker warriors. Its the only time we've ever felt we couldn't just play whatever and win.

Cels

Norn Cultural, I think. Hard to tell since I don't have a Female Norn and most of the armor sites, hides it behind the coat piece.

yeah you are right. i looked around and if anything think it's t1 medium. t2 is a skirt and t3 is what eir stegalkin has.

the funny thing is when i played a lot you'd see so many female medium armor characters with the assassin's chest/pants or the medium vigil pants (cause it looks like underwear), unless they were human then they might wear the t3 cultural underboob.

swnny

hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, couldn't resist myself... Playing on my Vita and refreshing this thread from time to time, only to stumble on this. :))
Going back to Dragon's Crown, hope you guys post when the patch is up, as I am too lazy to stay in front of my PC and spam F5 :)

It notes the cost of World Event spawns in there... looks like we'll need to buddy up with at least one other guild to make that work to our advantage.

Moondrop

Banned
Now I'm confused again as to whether already-created characters will be grandfathered into having the original traits unlocked, i.e. new characters have to unlock more than just the new traits in PvE/WvW.

Just in case I made two Charr- an engineer and a guardian. Having some second thoughts on not giving myself a necro option. I'll probably choose engi.

Now I'm confused again as to whether already-created characters will be grandfathered into having the original traits unlocked, i.e. new characters have to unlock more than just the new traits in PvE/WvW.

Just in case I made two Charr- an engineer and a guardian. Having some second thoughts on not giving myself a necro option. I'll probably choose engi.

All the traits that were there at the launched of the game will be there for all level 80 characters..new characters will now have to do a task to get all minor/major/grand traits unlocked for that trait line..

Proven

From what I understand, everyone is equal. The only thing new characters get is a different level 1-80 experience (trait point allocation from 40-80). Everyone (including old players now and new players in the future) gets the "Core Set" of 480 traits without any extra work. All you have to do is reach 80 or play PvP. New Traits, along with New PvP Amulet/Sigil/Rune, will be something both old and new players have to unlock.

Moondrop

Banned
Yeah, those two answers are not consistent with each other. The PvP situation is pretty clear, but there is definitely confusion regarding already created characters who don't yet have all PvE/WvW trait unlocks.

But no need to debate; hopefully we'll know soon.

Ceres

Banned
Ugh. I've been having crashing issues ever since I installed Overwolf. Removed that but crashing remains. -repair reduced how often the crashes occur but if I'm in game and try to switch to my desktop to look at anything, its pretty much going to happen at least once in every 3x. Might just delete GW2 and do a completely fresh install with today's patch. Meaning you can expect me to not be on until like 8pm est.

xeris

Starting to think that at this point they should just postpone the patch until tomorrow. Going to be a pain for them and us if it hits during prime time.

Proven

Sorry, I'm trying to create a semblance of work here before I slip out.

So based on your last post, you're saying that my newly created characters will still have to unlock all traits as if I made them post-patch?

They say clearly in the video "for all characters created after this feature build."

Edit:
It notes the cost of World Event spawns in there... looks like we'll need to buddy up with at least one other guild to make that work to our advantage.
Missed this post before.

The video also reveals information on the World Boss Event consumable. (Source)

Guild World Events Unlock is a Tier IV Art of War Unlock for 100 Merits and 50,000 Influence with a 1 week research time.
A single World Event is a Tier V Art of War activation for 20 Merits and 10,000 Influence with a 1 day research time.

10k Influence is also 20g.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom