• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

it most certainly was not discussed my friend

Wait... then this is it, isn't it? This is the deathblow to the Queensdale train.

I think it was Retro who said he hoped that it would just be relegated to the patch notes, rather than being an update bulletpoint. Well, here you go.

Great all around update.

Disappointed when I heard I had to use a charge each time for the same skin.
Thought you paid once and then you swap at will.

The system is so close to being perfect.

So what exactly do Transmutation Stones do?

You double click them to give yourself Transmutation Charges, which are used when you apply new skins to armour/weapons.

Great all around update.

Disappointed when I heard I had to use a charge each time for the same skin.
Thought you paid once and then you swap at will.

The system is so close to being perfect.

You only pay each time you apply a new skin to an item, think of it like a gold cost for transmoging an item in D3 or WoW.

You only pay each time you apply a new skin to an item, think of it like a gold cost for transmoging an item in D3 or WoW.
Yeah, but that's what I don't like.
I thought I'd be able to swap freely, get a new look each day for example.
If I want to go back to a previous look, I unfortunately gotta repay for it.

This will get costly fast if I did it with each alt.

Arcteryx

I'm liking everything except for two things:

* The wardrobe UI is just really...clunky for me. It remembers whatever category you had selected(ie: stats, wardrobe, etc.), when it should just default to stats. Overall it just feels "off".

* The "union" of PvP and PvE weapon sets has got to be fixed ASAP. It's not an issue with hotjoin, but in s/tPvP, where weapon sets are "locked" once the match starts...it's now possible to be "locked" into your PvE weapon set if you join late/swap characters mid-match. On top of this, you have to purchase white weapons/use your PvE weapons in PvP, which is silly, because it clutters your inventory further(if you don't use the same weapon sets in both PvP and PvE). Further, you have to re-skin stuff(yes, they gave us charges for our rank/etc.), but still, I've already dumped 10 charges on ONE character in PvP.

I've been thinking how they can fix it...why not just have the PvP build overwrite whatever you've got equipped in PvE(currently it only functions with runes, sigils, amulet and traits)? If you want to utilize your PvE weapons, then you can still drag/drop them into the PvP build window.

Anyways, the UI issues are something I can live with, but the PvP "bug" needs to be fixed ASAP.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ugh, I can't update at all Dx

Whenever I start the client, it will download a few before stopping at 0KB/s. I can't even get to the log-in/play screen :/

xeris

I have to say that my first impressions of the patch are even worse than I thought. Ah well, they can't make every game for me I guess.

Atrophis

Just played the new spvp map and its pretty much the first time I've had fun in spvp. Pity I forgot to update my traits so I didn't play too well.

Moondrop

Banned
I can't chat or whisper in game at the moment. I've restarted the client a few times; now I'll turn off my PC for a bit. Rather strange.

Though everything is so great, allow me this one bit of QQ: If I can no longer do my daily through sPvP as it appears, then that's a cruel blow to "playing as one wants to play."

Was it really so bad to allow players to earn laurels there? Given the removal of gathering as a daily achievement as well, this would seem to indicate an effort to make dailies more difficult to achieve.

LiveSpartan235

Neo Member
I can't chat or whisper in game at the moment. I've restarted the client a few times; now I'll turn off my PC for a bit. Rather strange.

Though everything is so great, allow me this one bit of QQ: If I can no longer do my daily through sPvP as it appears, then that's a cruel blow to "playing as one wants to play."

Was it really so bad to allow players to earn laurels there? Given the removal of gathering as a daily achievement as well, this would seem to indicate an effort to make dailies more difficult to achieve.

Its a bug https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/456230366559219712

Uthred

Played this at launch and tempted to give it another go, does the "living story" thing mean I've basically missed out on the entire season 1 narrative?

Seil

Yeah, a lot of people are being affected by this, myself included.

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/456230366559219712
Twitter said:
We want you to be able to talk about the Feature Pack in game! We're working on the in-game chat bug so you can *all* do so! ~RB2 #GW2

Edit: Beaten lol. Shoulda refreshed.

Taffer

Grenth as meat grinder earlier tonight:
MtNx4Tf.jpg

Got the unable to chat bug just now and my daily progress reset at least twice. I still have the completed daily categories on the recent achievements tab but in the daily tab they're at 0%.
:mad:

Arkanius

My chat is broken and can't speak.
Oh well.

Guys, do I still have use for the Found Heirlooms and Found Belongings? I have lot's of them still cluttering my bags.

Mxrz

Those can't be used anymore, I think? Not 100% sure.

Going into a pvp match and exiting out caused my skins to finally start unlocking, and the free charges too. Bugs all over!

* Wow. Lost my monthlies, too.

hythloday

ARRRR, there be a couple bugs afoot, mateys.

They will no doubt be resolved soon. ANet knows about them.

There is a bug with guilds that gives instant build time on upgrades. It seems we have Guild World Events unlocked (it was supposed to take a week) and one Guild World Event trigger done. I queued it not thinking it would finish instantly, because I wanted to see how much it cost to speed it up. ANet knows about this bug, too. It would be a good idea to leave this entirely alone. It's possible they will cancel the upgrade and refund the influence as part of the bug fix (maybe) but we also don't want to get in trouble for exploiting it.

GAFguild officers - Until this bug is fixed, my recommendation is please don't trigger any additional upgrades or burn any influence on upgrades. Thanks!

My poor guardian with those crit damage and Sigil of Hydromancy nerfs. I thought I was the only person using that Sigil (initially slotted on the staff for thematic purposes but it works well in WvW). Since I have +300 healing power, might as well slot Bloodlust and Water onto my staff to help the zerg...

Lump, can you give me a discount

Lunar15

How exactly would you want them to handle it, with the caveat that they still need to make money somehow to continue developing large feature updates like the one they released today?

Oh, I'm not complaining about transmutation, it's a perfect setup the way they have it. I just expected the UI to be different I guess.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, but if they didn't people could just pass skins back and forth, adding them to their wardrobe and then handing them off. The economy on them would completely tank.

So essentially it's pretty much weilding the weapon.

Well... what should I do with these bunch of exotics I won't use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom