• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what I like most about GW2?

There are mostly no screaming matches when you die in a dungeon

I think that's a nice byproduct of not having a Trinity. No blaming the Tank for not keeping aggro - even though DPS wasn't watching their aggro meter and pulled it off the Tank. No blaming the Healer for not keeping the bars up, even though DPS stood in the fire which outpaces even strongest heals. And no blaming the DPS because while Tank and Healer were doing their jobs DPS was sitting in a corner screwing up their rotation thus weren't at max output required to outpace the enrage timer.

I do not miss this style of game.

Granted, in more serious dungeons some whining can still occur, especially if you're in a 'stack and pack' group that has a fit every time someone moves an inch out of the corner when fighting Spider in AC. But those kinds of people scream no matter what game they're playing, it's always someone else's fault in their heads. So you can safely ignore them.

Dungeons in GW2 are really kind of mislabeled, I feel. They're far more like missions, in my head, or scenarios to romp through. Dungeons (Arah aside) aren't very long, and don't require super-serious tactics or strategy, but having either helps a lot. I think dungeons in GW2 are way more fun than those in other MMOS, because they're not *as* serious. Kinda wish more people would play them normally though, instead of exploiting/stacking.

It's funny, every time I run a pug myself, and say 'we're just playing normally', I usually get someone who says 'oh wow, this is fun - I usually join groups that just stack and skip'.

Sajjaja

I think that's a nice byproduct of not having a Trinity. No blaming the Tank for not keeping aggro - even though DPS wasn't watching their aggro meter and pulled it off the Tank. No blaming the Healer for not keeping the bars up, even though DPS stood in the fire which outpaces even strongest heals. And no blaming the DPS because while Tank and Healer were doing their jobs DPS was sitting in a corner screwing up their rotation thus weren't at max output required to outpace the enrage timer.

I do not miss this style of game.

Granted, in more serious dungeons some whining can still occur, especially if you're in a 'stack and pack' group that has a fit every time someone moves an inch out of the corner when fighting Spider in AC. But those kinds of people scream no matter what game they're playing, it's always someone else's fault in their heads. So you can safely ignore them.

Dungeons in GW2 are really kind of mislabeled, I feel. They're far more like missions, in my head, or scenarios to romp through. Dungeons (Arah aside) aren't very long, and don't require super-serious tactics or strategy, but having either helps a lot. I think dungeons in GW2 are way more fun than those in other MMOS, because they're not *as* serious. Kinda wish more people would play them normally though, instead of exploiting/stacking.

It's funny, every time I run a pug myself, and say 'we're just playing normally', I usually get someone who says 'oh wow, this is fun - I usually join groups that just stack and skip'.

I just did my first dungeon yesterday, AC. I joined and they're like "okay stand here, now stand here." I was like okay..... They skipped bosses and other events. While it got the job done, it wasn't something I wanted to do on the first time through. Hopefully I can get guildmates to run through my next dungeon with me.

I just did my first dungeon yesterday, AC. I joined and they're like "okay stand here, now stand here." I was like okay..... They skipped bosses and other events. While it got the job done, it wasn't something I wanted to do on the first time through. Hopefully I can get guildmates to run through my next dungeon with me.

I highly recommend that you run with Guildies. To my knowledge we have quite a few players who enjoy running dungeons without skipping content at all. I'm sure someone will be along here shortly to list off the names of those members and if not, GAF Guild runs dungeon events every so often as well.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The thing I hate about medium armor is that they all look either rogue-ish ior ranger-ish, but nothing fits the engineer.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Boooo Chicago airport only 20 minutes of free wifi! Booooo!

Whoever came up with the new full screen heart pop up thing needs to be shot.
whaddya say we don't do this.
MEGA-SERVER enabled zones as of 4/16 12:29 AM.

1. Black Citadel
2. The Grove
3. Rata Sum
4. Heart of the Mist
5. Timberline falls
6. Straits of Devastation
7. Fields of Ruin
8. Southsun
Lion’s Arch
Lornar’s Pass
Kessex Hills
Diessa Plateau
Metrica Province
Whoa, that's great progress.

Sajjaja

How big is the world in this game?

Pretty big. Lots of caves and puzzles too.

I highly recommend that you run with Guildies. To my knowledge we have quite a few players who enjoy running dungeons without skipping content at all. I'm sure someone will be along here shortly to list off the names of those members and if not, GAF Guild runs dungeon events every so often as well.

Well it was late at night so I guess that's why I couldn't find anyone to run me through. Still got some nice gear and levels though. I'm level 40 now so I'll be running that story dungeon next.

The thing I hate about medium armor is that they all look either rogue-ish ior ranger-ish, but nothing fits the engineer.

The coats look pretty cool on engineers, but yeah I agree :(

Anno

Yeah certainly ask in /g first if others are up for it. We have a bunch of people who love to run dungeons and take their time doing so.

Retro

New Build about 20 minutes ago:

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a soulbinding issue with the Golem Banker item from the Collector’s Edition.
  • Torment weapon skins have finished their one-month introduction period and now cost 5 Black Lion Weapon Tickets.
  • Fixed a crash in the Citadel of Flame.
  • The Witch’s Broom item now properly grants protection only in costume brawl.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the Shadow Behemoth’s portals from being attackable.
  • Fixed a bug in which pets, turrets, and minions were scaling their stats incorrectly in PvP.

I'm sorry your first dungeon experience was with speed-running twats. Go with a GAF Group; more chaotic, but more fun. We play dungeons the way they're meant to be played, not the way some asshats have broken it down to an optimized formula for loot.

I don't think I'll ever ditch my Magitech armor on my Engineer. Had to use the Named shoulder and glove pieces though. You can see what it looks like in the Comic thread.

(Oddly enough, now that the wardrobe actually names stuff, that skin is called "Sneakthief".)

Ceres

Banned
Nothing funnier than an EotM commander walking his entire zerg into arrowcarts, killing everyone, then blaming the zerg for 'not stacking'.

Standard for EotM commanders and zergs are pretty low. I was getting ranks for my other account prior to the build and the commander wanted the zerg to run up stairs that were covered with AC fire with a closed gate at the top none of us could pass through. So you couldn't dodge out of the AC fire. Pretty much the entire zerg wiped to the 4 ACs raining down.

And then the commander proceeded to immediately go right back to the same exact gate. Yeah...

Retro

Because everyone says I never have anything negative to say and am an unceasing cheerleader for the game, here's some things I don't like:

Not sold on Mega Servers yet.
I'm seeing far too few familiar guilds and GAFers at large scale events. Maybe it takes a while for it to weigh everything, but I went to Mega D tonight and only saw one GAFer despite there being a lot at the event.

Event Schedule
It's the same problem as before; wait in your main overflow Megaserver for an hour in advance or pray the overflow Megaserver you get stuck in isn't completely horrible. And if you get disconnected, you're probably still good and fucked. I'm worried the servers that had a really strong PVE component (like SBI) are going to get dragged down by a lot of MegaServer transfers who don't know what to do. Tonight's Karka Queen went down lightning fast for some GAFers but was still unsummoned on mine. I'm still sitting in Sparkfly for Taco; this has solved nothing.

I also absolutely abhor the idea that big bad enemies are on a goofy schedule, like I'm waiting for a train instead of riding one. There were also a lot of events Vyrance went to (Eye of Zhaitan most notably, but MegaD too) that people just may not go to because they're at weird hours or they're sitting in a zone for something bigger to spawn.

Basically, I liked that you could check out a timer and see something was close to starting or was starting, and maybe go do that. Now, if you want to tell what's happening, you get to look at a fucking eyesore of a schedule from a fucking shithole like Dufly;
gw2-world-boss-schedule-edt1.jpg
No. Just no. There has to be a better solution than this.

Skin Items aren't added to the Wardrobe unless you waste them
What should be a one-stop shop for all of your available skins isn't; any previously unused skins I have are going to sit in my bank because adding them to the wardrobe wastes the free application. Adding a skin to the wardrobe should give you a free transmutation charge.

Can't dye Tonics
Yep. Getting a refund for 5 things I'd purchased that are now horrible looking.

Traits are even more unwieldy
You can't just click the trait slot and add it anymore, now there's a list. No thanks. I also really like the idea of going out into the world to unlock traits, but they did it in the worst way possible; they're all the exact same world event every single time. It absolutely should have been like Skill Challenges; something specific to each profession in different places in the world. Hell, they could even put them right near where the events finish so it's optimal to do it at the event, but not required.

Still no reason to slot traits that increase movement speed or affect downed / fall damage outside of the rare situational use, but at least free trait resets allow you do switch those in and out whenever you like. A lack of build templates is also off-putting and should have been included.

Runes are still garbage
They're still vendor trash when you salvage. I still hold the opinion that Runes should be the same as they are in PVP: just one Rune slot you pick from a list rather than an item you have to socket into armor. I'm pretty sure this change is coming, or it had better be.

I'll add more later. I would like to add, however, that the good (account wide dyes! Skin-hunting for my collection!) outweighs the bad. But like all things, it's hard not to have a rain-cloud hanging over everything.

Seil

I have no idea how widespread this is, but there seem to be a lot of problems regarding daily stuff resetting. Might be related to megaservers, dunno.

People are reporting a variety of things like jump puzzles, world boss chests and even daily achievements not resetting.

My ascended crafting mat timers didn't reset and instead began counting down from 24 hours at the reset. My daily achievements reset, but the Daily Events achievement was left completed so I already had one down.

Seems like a big mess that I haven't seen acknowledged yet x.x

Nerokis

Skin Items aren't added to the Wardrobe unless you waste them
What should be a one-stop shop for all of your available skins isn't; any previously unused skins I have are going to sit in my bank because adding them to the wardrobe wastes the free application. Adding a skin to the wardrobe should give you a free transmutation charge.

I've seen this complaint before, but I'm confused as to what it means. Are some skins able to be applied to a piece of armor free of charge, and adding them to the wardrobe collection uses them up somehow? Or am I completely missing the problem?

Sorry I had to bail. Didn't even get to do one match with you. Glad you had fun.

Oh don't worry, I saw your message but was too busy trying to orient myself in the game to be able to try and find what you were talking about, the match was already in progress. I managed to figure it out well enough on my own.

Amazingly, I only managed to be genuinely killed once in the two matches I played, IIRC. Dunno if I built up a tank or what, but it was far different from my previous experience haha.

Retro

Oh look, everyone is completely ignoring Covington. Also, nobody went to Triple Wurm. So much for that, eh?

I've seen this complaint before, but I'm confused as to what it means. Are some skins able to be applied to a piece of armor free of charge, and adding them to the wardrobe collection uses them up somehow? Or am I completely missing the problem?

If I bought an item from the Gem Store previously that is labeled "Skin", then I can apply it to any weapon or armor without it costing a transmutation stone, because you're just applying the skin to the item as a consumable. If I want those items in my wardrobe, I either have to use them first or waste that free application.

Ceres

Banned

You can get a lot of skins that you apply to weapons or armors without needing stones/crystals before this patch. They're a one time use item. The new system unlocks them for multiple uses so you're not buying the same weapon skin 2 or more times which is great but if you trash the skin, you lose the free application and the first time you want to use it, you need to use a charge. So those of us who have been sitting on 40+ skins waiting to use them for particular alts are still stuck holding onto them if they don't want to waste charges when they're ready to use them.

Oh look, everyone is completely ignoring Covington. Also, nobody went to Triple Wurm. So much for that, eh?

The timings are a pain. Triple wurm at 11pm EST? No thanks.

If I bought an item from the Gem Store previously that is labeled "Skin", then I can apply it to any weapon or armor without it costing a transmutation stone, because you're just applying the skin to the item as a consumable. If I want those items in my wardrobe, I either have to use them first or waste that free application.

Are you use it doesn't have a right-click 'unlock skin' option? I had a ton of skins in my bank, that I still have since it's a free application, but I could 'add to vault' on them without using them up.

As for world bosses and timers, I think it's going to take a while for people to setting in. I've not done a single world boss since the patch hit, because I've been too busy doing other things, and I don't know what the schedule is (I haven't even bothered to look). They really need to add an in-game schedule for them, I think.

Wait, so it doesn't work like the HoM items? If I want to apply the HoM items I can do it from the Wardrobe menu and do it free of charge. I thought that would apply to any Gem Store items. That's odd.

Also, personally, I really really really love the new Trait menu, but I think a large part of that is I never memorized which traits were which numbers in which category. Previously, if someone told me "Yeah man just take HGH" or something I'd have to click the grandmaster slot of each individual trait line, hover over each item, and read the tooltip. I can see where it's a bit of a downgrade for people who memorized each number for each trait that they used, but for people unfamiliar with it, it's a HUGE boon IMO. Now I can just click the trait line's "area" (where the background is, if that makes sense) and see a very easily readable full list of each trait's name and tier, making it easier to not only find specific traits that I know I'm looking for, but also quickly glance at and get an idea of ones that are just there.
But, that's just me speaking. I would like to hear (and I'm not being sarcastic) what specific points other people DON'T like about it.

I hold that Anet needs to toss out an infinite transmutation charge item.

Ashodin

Infinite Charge item would be welcomed dearly, yes, but I doubt they'll ever get rid of their source of income like that.

And wow Retro it almost sounds like you HATE the game haha

Fell down off Skyhammer today and didn't die - much to the dismay of the person that knocked me off. I totally denied them their kill (since I waited around 30 seconds for the round to end).

pIMjWnP.jpg

Meanwhile, in WvW:

aAxcAhh.jpg

Also had a lot of fun doing Lyssa today with a group of randoms, about 15 of us. Was a fight, but nobody wiped and we kept all three beams clear.

Retro

The timings are a pain. Triple wurm at 11pm EST? No thanks.

That's nothing. If you missed the Karka Queen at 6pm Pacific (right when people are getting home from work or having dinner) you get to stay up until fucking 3:30am.

Are you use it doesn't have a right-click 'unlock skin' option? I had a ton of skins in my bank, that I still have since it's a free application, but I could 'add to vault' on them without using them up.

Nope, I just tried some earlier and they went poofie.

I hold that Anet needs to toss out an infinite transmutation charge item.

Agreed.

And wow Retro it almost sounds like you HATE the game haha

I know you're joking, but this is the exact kind of response that turns people away from other MMO communities and I try to avoid here. You can love a game and still find fault with it. It is not a black-and-white thing, and as much as the vapid, drive-by "GW2 was trash, and remains trash for many reasons" shit-posters suck the completely blind cheerleaders do too.

Fell down off Skyhammer today and didn't die - much to the dismay of the person that knocked me off.

Makes me really want Crystal Desert.

Retro has always hated GW2. He even quit once and got a refund.

JUWnj.gif

In my personal experience with various skins... some I could add style and it would keep the original item, some I'd add style and it would disappear, others I couldn't add style but they weren't in my Wardrobe (I assume I'd have to actually put them on something in order for them to be added to my Wardrobe). And there was zero indication on which were which or why they were different.

markot

Banned
And yeah, I never thought I would miss the old timer system >_<

I get that it cant be the same due to mega servers, but I dont like how it is now. Actually... why cant it be the same >.>?

Alsoooooo, I dont like the new 'mega' boss timers, and I never do them. Its just stupid to have them on such huge cool downs and only for 'prime' times.

I also dont like the new trait system lay out, it just feels abit cumbersome compared to the old one.

Nope, I just tried some earlier and they went poofie

Oof, bummer. The only things I ever bought off gem store were the Charr plush backpack and Cook outfit, and I've not had issue with those (backpack has been my backpiece since launch) and Cook outfit is now a super-awesome outfit slot item which I adore, being able to toggle it on and off as an overlay over my armour.

Hopefully the issues people are having are things they'll iron out as time goes by.

I love the new Trait layout, because I hated the old one, so this one is a big step up for me even if it isn't 100% ideal.

Vyrance

This patch is probably the worst I have experienced with my time in Guild Wars 2. There's only three activities I really did in here, those were: World Boss training, Frostgorge train, and WvW. This patch removed the World Boss train and the Frostgorge train as viable options for me.

Yes, you can do their schedule for the World Bosses, but in its current form it would take more hours to do it (3-4 hours for complete circuit to 5-6 hours.) My main question is, why was this schedule needed in the first place? Also, why increase so many of the boss respawn times? And why stick bosses to a hard time frame to start them instead of letting their pre-event be startable, and sticking around for when a group decides to start it? So frustrating. I guess now I'm stuck to hanging around in Cursed Shore doing the events there, until that zone is eventually compromised.

As for the Frostgorge train, I don't understand nerfing it. What was so bad about it exactly? We were quiet. We never flooded map chat or were disrespectful. We weren't Queensdale. But, now it's dead.

So now I'm left with WvW. I still enjoy jumping in there some, but I don't want to go back to that being the only thing that I do in GW2. I get burnt out doing that too easily. But with my other two activities dead, that's all I have to look forward to in here.

I read a lot of people say that trains were nerfed because it wasn't the "proper" way of playing GW2. But that bothers me greatly. The proper way to play is how you want to spend your time in the game, not the way Anet wants you to spend it. Want people to do dungeons or explore more? Then make those more worthwhile. Want more people doing PvP or WvW? Again, make them more worthwhile. Nerfing other things will only drive people away from the game, not drive them into other areas of the game.

Today was the first time in a while where I really had no desire to be on GW2. I sat on the broker for a while and did stuff in Cursed Shore, but there was nothing else I had any desire to do. I hope they modify some things from this patch soon, or else I probably won't be seen much in-game unfortunately.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Why do I look like a birthday cake

I don't think I'll ever ditch my Magitech armor on my Engineer. Had to use the Named shoulder and glove pieces though. You can see what it looks like in the Comic thread.

(Oddly enough, now that the wardrobe actually names stuff, that skin is called "Sneakthief".)

Hah, that's what the duelist armor is also called now

Ashodin

I know you're joking, but this is the exact kind of response that turns people away from other MMO communities and I try to avoid here. You can love a game and still find fault with it. It is not a black-and-white thing, and as much as the vapid, drive-by "GW2 was trash, and remains trash for many reasons" shit-posters suck the completely blind cheerleaders do too.

Yewp I am indeed joking. There are things about the game even I don't like (lack of armor skins, not enough solo content).

I effing love unlocking skins.

I mean it, I really do. Salvaging something and seeing that little toast pop up saying 'skin unlocked' is just too much fun.

Grayman

It's unfortunate that the megaserver is divvying up players poorly. I wasn't willing to give anet the benefit of the doubt on that being a working system day one.

The boss timers are pretty lame. If you game at a certain time of night now you always get the same boss.

New trait system seems alright. You can double click in the old style but need to buy/sell just to see what is available if you use that method.

Retro

I get that it cant be the same due to mega servers, but I dont like how it is now. Actually... why cant it be the same >.>?

I'm not sure. On their site they claim that it's because "maps could be starting (or closing) based on total game population at any time; as maps open and close, timers would be thrown into disarray, making it difficult to track and participate in boss events."

Instead of having everything on a fucking schedule (I repeat; world bosses don't want to be fed, they want to hunt) that will never be ideal for everyone, it should be trigger-based with account-based limits on loot. Actually use the Dynamic Event system so that every single event is player triggered, in the same way Karka Queen was previously. So if you want to do the Frozen Maw, there's 3 or 4 things on the map that have to happen first and then he spawns for that specific Megaflow server.

To prevent people from just server-hopping to kill the Karka Queen 50 times a day, the 'real' loot (the UI chest and large in-game chest) would be limited to once per day. So even if you wanted to summon the same boss 50 times, you can, but it only rewards you properly the one time.

The upside is that when people get on and want to do content, they can; a world event Train could sweep through at prime time, or any time people want to do it. Guilds or servers could manage their own schedules and have people running event trains at specific times. But it's the players who decide, not some arbitrary schedule.

It's like we're going back to Raid schedules in WoW where you have to show up at a specific time and a specific place or you don't get any loot. Granted, it's not quite that bad, but I still strongly object to the idea of my playtime revolving around the game's schedule instead of the other way around. The more I play with it tonight the less I like this scheduled approach. I feel like most of the time is spent waiting to fight a boss, and waiting as a general rule is. Not. Fun.

I love the new Trait layout, because I hated the old one, so this one is a big step up for me even if it isn't 100% ideal.

If I could click the slots and have a drop-down menu of the traits, I don't think I'd mind. As it is, it feels clunkier to use. A big part of that is probably because I know what traits I want and where I want to put them. For newer players, being able to see the titles and everything on a list is better, but they didn't need to remove one method to add the other.

As I said above, Traits are still my biggest problem with this game, mechanically.

This patch is probably the worst I have experienced with my time in Guild Wars 2.

Your absence was noted, even a few random SBIers in map chat were asking where you were. World bosses feel like a whole lot of waiting now instead of the exciting sprint they used to be. "How it's meant to be played" is a phrase I like to toss around a bit, and just to clarify it's usually about dungeon runs involving glitching, stacking, etc. Just so it doesn't come across as hypocritical, the reason THAT is wrong and the event train wasn't is that the train isn't abusing the gameplay mechanics to optimize loot. It was just efficiently bouncing between events.

The Frostgorge Train also didn't deserve a nerf, as it wasn't disrupting anything in the same way the Queensdale one was. I don't care for champion trains, honestly, but I don't think it was a problem as long as there was some level of skill involved (i.e. Queensdale is lazy people facerolling easy enemies, Frostgorge was not).

Tonight was the first night in a long time I felt like I spent a lot of time waiting for things to happen. What used to be an hour or two for world events, and then maybe a dungeon afterwords is now "Sit and wait for shit to happen, sorry, I don't have time to run a dungeon, x will be up in 5 minutes, then y will be up at a quarter after." I'd almost rather they just remove world bosses entirely if that's the way things are going to go. I like to play alts during the day, but now there's all of these world events I can't do at 4am I need to pay attention to now. And not just because I have to have the loot (I'm pretty much well-off in just about every currency in this game) but because some of those fights are fun. And now I don't get to have that fun on my terms. And I don't like it. Normally I'd do world events for a bit, then dungeons, then have a bite to eat and go to bed. Now it's 2am here and I'm just waiting on world bosses to spawn every 15 minutes.

Edit: Maybe it's just me, but I swear map / say chat has been fucking dumber than normal tonight too. Maybe it's just all the returning players, but I can't help but feel like I'm surrounded by a lot of strange PUGs instead of a community I was familiar with.

Edit 2: Holy fuck. The Modnir event needed to be triggered for the boss to spawn, and there's even a timer and DE telling you "You need to stop them from retaking their camps", but there's 5 fucking commanders and a herd of people just standing waiting for him to spawn. Meanwhile, we had to two-man a defend event to move the event forward. Fuck.

Proven

Traits are even more unwieldy
You can't just click the trait slot and add it anymore, now there's a list. No thanks. I also really like the idea of going out into the world to unlock traits, but they did it in the worst way possible; they're all the exact same world event every single time. It absolutely should have been like Skill Challenges; something specific to each profession in different places in the world. Hell, they could even put them right near where the events finish so it's optimal to do it at the event, but not required.
Not true. I just logged on to respond to Moondrop's post and tested this myself. I click on the trait slot, then I click on the trait from the list, and it swaps. The traits of the same level of the slot are placed at the top of the list, are color coded for each level, and instead of having to mouse over each of them one by one to check what their names are, the names are clearly displayed making it much faster to home in on your choice. Does anyone try to memorize what each of those numbers are for each trait in each line of even a single class? And my favorite part: you can have a Grandmaster slot selected, then click and drag the Adept and Master traits into the Adept and Master slots without the UI changing focus from the Grandmaster slot.

The UI is just so much clearer. It's unwieldy to start with but becomes so much better with repeated use (and I've been using it a lot recently). I feel like I can actually swap traits between fights without having to double check and squint my eyes to make sure I'm not choosing the wrong one for my build. My biggest pet peeve with it now is that selecting a trait spot with no points in that trait line causes the old "are you sure you want to do this?" pop up. That pop up is unnecessary now. My second biggest pet peeve is that the list is to the left of trait lines, instead of the right. But that's mostly because I've been swapping Grandmasters around.

I'm having a difficult time completing my daily in sPvP tonight. :p
It is much harder to complete the daily PvP-only today. Still possible. If I was looking to do the daily in under 30 minutes and didn't mind jumping around, I'd aim for Recycler, Gatherer, Dodger, Capturer, and either Leveler or Events. The fact that every little thing in WvW counted as an Event helped today.

What happened to the Frostgorge train?

Retro

So events are still basically a zerg, they're just timed zergs instead of a spontaneous group that jumps around. Not an improvement, if you ask me.

Trait UI stuff.

See, this is a minor thing to bitch about, but it's still annoying so I'm going to anyways. I don't see what's so hard about clicking a trait slot and having a list (with names, even) drop down. Clicking a slot and then clicking the list, or clicking the list and dragging to slots, those are all perfectly fine functions too, but if I know what I want, I'd prefer it be a one-click affair.

Retro

Not too much a fan of megaserver and the new world bosses schedule. Organizing the guilds mission might be more troublesome now too.

We're certainly going to have to do a lot more ferrying now, and god help us if we get a mission in a zone with a world event going on.

/sigh.

Ludovico

As a fairly casual player with limited time to play, I enjoyed being able to progress through several dynamic events with others earlier (Brisban Wildlands).

As a casual player with limited time to play, I may not be able to participate (wait around for hours or get stuck in a failing overflow) during world bosses anymore...

Hope the major event stuff gets ironed out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom