• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just lost our EB keep. Nothing got refreshed in any of the towers or keep after the last commander left since that's how people work and now our corner is blue. IoJ is definitely pulling overtime. We can still get 5th, I think.
It really seems like they are working way harder than us this week.

Looks like they plan to make everything blue. Hopefully SBI comes out tonight and evens up the score.

Katoki

It really seems like they are working way harder than us this week.

Looks like they plan to make everything blue. Hopefully SBI comes out tonight and evens up the score.

I was told that we were ticking so high at the end of the prime time run that everyone left two hours early thinking we'd be okay.

I was told that we were ticking so high at the end of the prime time run that everyone left two hours early thinking we'd be okay.
Seriously? I was not able to play last night but I do see that our lead grew by a few thousand overnight, which will surely get squashed if everything stay blue during the day.

I'm happy the did this today so that we have 2 days to respond and possibly still have a chance to win.

Katoki

Seriously? I was not able to play last night but I do see that our lead grew by a few thousand overnight, which will surely get squashed if everything stay blue during the day.

I'm happy the did this today so that we have 2 days to respond and possibly still have a chance to win.

Pretty much. A few hours from now will be the eye opener for anyone waking up in the morning who is our usual NA prime time critical mass.

Pretty much. A few hours from now will be the eye opener for anyone waking up in the morning who is our usual NA prime time critical mass.
Looks like it's just a huge group of map hoppers. As soon as CD took their NE tower they slowed down.

Yeah I usually only have time to play during NA prime time so seeing the map this morning was a big shock.

On another note I know we have some people who play on Macs and they been having TP issues. Looks like it might be fixed according to this forum post by ANET.
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/mac/Guild-Wars-2-Certificate-Re-Issuing

Arkanius

Know what Guild Wars 2 desperately needs?
An engine update (for performance reasons)

And maybe a Linux version that doesn't involve Wine.

Retro

Got home this morning and our downstairs neighbor met me on the steps saying we had a leak in our apartment. Which isn't exactly true; the leak is above our apartment and it's simply passing through down to theirs. So far it looks like a lot of wet drywall, though it's coming out of one of the light switches which is a little concerning.

Yay.

So I had to log in to see WvW for myself, and it's ridiculously bad. When I logged out last night (2am) we still held most of EB and were even fucking with IoJ's keep at one point just to keep them occupied. Commander logged out just before I did, so I guess that's when things started to go to shit. We're still ahead, but barely.

Really disheartening to hear that the BL and EB commanders take pot shots at each other, though it's no different from the PPT people never getting help from the "Good Fights" people and vice versa.

Yea, when I logged on this morning IoJ were inside our EB keep, basically farming bags as SBIers marched into the lord's ring like ants to a fire, in single file and dying a quick death. It was a Pyrrhic victory that we saved it. They definitely made a mockery of us. Then AoD's commander took us to CD BL to blow off some steam and we took a fully supplied paper Bay, which was nice. We tried to take their garri but our lack of running a tight zerg prevented us from capturing the point. Eventually IoJ overtime crew logged off for the night and right now we're steamrolling through EB, took our corner back and just now took SM.

Retro like a good officer called out a PUG on /say for not following the commander's orders of not triggering swords, heh. Good to have dedicated officers to keep [GAF] running like a well-oiled machine.

Maybe I was just spoiled when we ran with WM and SUPR, but AoD runs really casually for a Korean guild. Or maybe I'm just seeing a really tired crew with most of their A-team already logged off for the night. I had such high expectations of them lol.

Proven

Hearing how bad WvW is doing, I'll jump on more this week. I was mostly taking a break from GW2 to catch up with some other stuff with friends, but I should have time today.

Can someone give me a rundown on whatever ArcheAge is? I'm guessing it's an MMO that just went into public alpha test or something? Someone mentions it on a twitch stream, I see that it's jumped on some type of Featured Games list, and while there are a few thousand viewers 99% of them are concentrated on three streams. I click on each stream and find that each of them feature a character dancing on a boat for several minutes. The top two streams featured the same boat, I think.

Atrophis

Hearing how bad WvW is doing, I'll jump on more this week. I was mostly taking a break from GW2 to catch up with some other stuff with friends, but I should have time today.

Can someone give me a rundown on whatever ArcheAge is? I'm guessing it's an MMO that just went into public alpha test or something? Someone mentions it on a twitch stream, I see that it's jumped on some type of Featured Games list, and while there are a few thousand viewers 99% of them are concentrated on three streams. I click on each stream and find that each of them feature a character dancing on a boat for several minutes. The top two streams featured the same boat, I think.

It’s a Korean sandbox MMO that has been in development for years. Trion recently bought the publishing rights to release the game in the West and its currently in alpha. You can build your own houses and castles and siege other players castles. There’s boat combat. You can fly around on a glider. You can run a farm. A lot of it looks quite fun except for the combat system. Of course I am immediately wary as the Koreans have not yet made a decent MMO despite the huge number of them.

Lunar15

All I know about ArcheAge is that it has probably the most extensive dance mechanic in any MMO. You have 3 different dances, and each dance has different animations for walking in all directions, (forward, backward, left, right) jumping, and running.

Here are my feelings on trait unlocks; I LOVE IT.

BUT. I think it makes no sense to have Tier 1 traits be unlocked in lvl 80 zones. Besides that I love it.
I have one character that got 100% and I never have any incentive do it again, but with these trait unlocks I find myself re-discovering the mystism of the whole world. I love it. The game feels more like Guild Wars to me now. My association with unlocking skills is so deeply rooted in this collecting thing.

I know I am probably the only guy here who feels that way though:p

Wow when I logged off last night we were in decent shape in WvW. I have been taking a break from it to level an alt but went back in last night for some fun. Looks like I know what I'll be doing with my GW2 time for the rest of the week.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
dang gonna make me feel all guilty for not spending as much of my time in WvW this week :p i do want us to win and it's fun making an impact with GAF though.

Here are my feelings on trait unlocks; I LOVE IT.

BUT. I think it makes no sense to have Tier 1 traits be unlocked in lvl 80 zones. Besides that I love it.
I have one character that got 100% and I never have any incentive do it again, but with these trait unlocks I find myself re-discovering the mystism of the whole world. I love it. The game feels more like Guild Wars to me now. My association with unlocking skills is so deeply rooted in this collecting thing.

I know I am probably the only guy here who feels that way though:p

I loved the implementation in GW1 where you had to defeat an Elite that used that skill to unlock the elite skill.

Really miss that in GW2.

Retro

Feels weird reading about WvW because I'm on Crystal Desert D:

CD isn't really our problem this week. That's not meant as a jab, it's just that if it were CD, SBI and somebody else, it'd probably be a more even match. IOJ just seems to have tons of coverage but no skill whatsoever, so during the day we stomp them down and then at night they spring back up. It's frustrating.

I've enjoyed fighting CD when we come across 'em... er.... you... Coverage seems even, skill seems even, but I think your numbers are just too low. I dunno if I've seen a proper CD zerg yet.

Katoki

Yea, when I logged on this morning IoJ were inside our EB keep, basically farming bags as SBIers marched into the lord's ring like ants to a fire, in single file and dying a quick death. It was a Pyrrhic victory that we saved it. They definitely made a mockery of us. Then AoD's commander took us to CD BL to blow off some steam and we took a fully supplied paper Bay, which was nice. We tried to take their garri but our lack of running a tight zerg prevented us from capturing the point. Eventually IoJ overtime crew logged off for the night and right now we're steamrolling through EB, took our corner back and just now took SM.

Retro like a good officer called out a PUG on /say for not following the commander's orders of not triggering swords, heh. Good to have dedicated officers to keep [GAF] running like a well-oiled machine.

Maybe I was just spoiled when we ran with WM and SUPR, but AoD runs really casually for a Korean guild. Or maybe I'm just seeing a really tired crew with most of their A-team already logged off for the night. I had such high expectations of them lol.

Yeah we were just karma training our stuff after we lost everything since there's not much we could do at that point to hold anything. Also, rams will cause swords regardless of if anyone is auto attacking a gate so it's okay as long as less than 25 people are in combat. Orange swords are the ones you want to avoid. If you have 15 people and some rams, people can basically go wild on the gate but if a group comes from behind to wipe you, it probably won't be seen until they're on you. If it's a discipline thing then good luck; SBI is SBI.

CD isn't really our problem this week. That's not meant as a jab, it's just that if it were CD, SBI and somebody else, it'd probably be a more even match. IOJ just seems to have tons of coverage but no skill whatsoever, so during the day we stomp them down and then at night they spring back up. It's frustrating.

I've enjoyed fighting CD when we come across 'em... er.... you... Coverage seems even, skill seems even, but I think your numbers are just too low. I dunno if I've seen a proper CD zerg yet.

I saw a crazy CD zerg 2 nights ago when CD zerg attacked IOJs Bay right after we attacked it. When they did that our separate zerg had already taken hills outter gate down, so our main zerg when there and took hills while CD took bay. It was fun making their keeps paper.

Goldrush

Can crafting be a monthly achievement? Right now I'm just hording it in case. However, I'm also itching to get to 80 and I'm missing out on a good source of experience.

Can crafting be a monthly achievement? Right now I'm just hording it in case. However, I'm also itching to get to 80 and I'm missing out on a good source of experience.

Crating X amount of Masterwork items used to be a possible monthly category, not sure if it still is.

mingus

there's no reason to hold back on crafting just for a monthly. like miktar said, a monthly crafter did pop up a couple times, which currently requires 60 masterwork or higher items. it's better to hit 80 sooner so you can start farming more things so by the time it rolls around you'll have the raw materials to craft with. alternatively what you could do is save your essences of luck, as you can combine them using artificing and it counts towards the 60.

Emitan was the only person I knew with the game when I bought it, so I made my account on CD too. >_>

Since everyone is talking about moving to SBI, I went ahead and moved my character. Hopefully I'll be able to join the WvW fun soon.

there's no reason to hold back on crafting just for a monthly. like miktar said, a monthly crafter did pop up a couple times, which currently requires 60 masterwork or higher items. it's better to hit 80 sooner so you can start farming more things so by the time it rolls around you'll have the raw materials to craft with. alternatively what you could do is save your essences of luck, as you can combine them using artificing and it counts towards the 60.

I just made a bunch of lower end embellished jewels, iirc. Counted, and I could TP them for some money. Not like silver ore has much any other use as well.

Emitan

Emitan was the only person I knew with the game when I bought it, so I made my account on CD too. >_>

Since everyone is talking about moving to SBI, I went ahead and moved my character. Hopefully I'll be able to join the WvW fun soon.

I was gonna wait for money but I wanna WvW with Ike >_>

Shiokazu

thanks to my stupid parents, guild wars has been ruined to me.

they changed the IPS for some odd reason, didnt even asked me, and now im stuck with a real crap interntet that lags all time ( vilja is sometimes dancing the moonwalk ).

they ruined everything last year, before and now.

i only made through 2013 because of guild wars, i dont know if its going to be playable.

i just hope things get better.

Retro

New Build:
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue that prevented some players from accepting their personal story rewards.
  • Fixed a crash when using diving goggles while wearing an outfit.

You can create an alt and have them become an Artificer, then have them combine the blue and green essences of luck into the rare ones. This counts as crafting and you can do it from Level 1.

i just hope things get better.

Hang in there, it will.

Zeroth

Holy shit I didn't know you could combine the essence of luck.
Wooooaaaahhh.
And from level 1?
Woooooooaaaaaahhhh.

original.0

Retro

Yep. Essences of Luck are listed as a crafting material for Artificer. Just make one of your characters an artificer and they can craft the higher quality essences from the lower quality ones. You don't gain any extra luck for it, but it's a lot less clicking and you can get Daily Crafter done lightning fast.

Sonicbug

On another note I know we have some people who play on Macs and they been having TP issues. Looks like it might be fixed according to this forum post by ANET.
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/mac/Guild-Wars-2-Certificate-Re-Issuing

Thanks for the heads up Kos. At least they warned us this time that it would likely be broken and would get fixed. The latest patch/update put it back to working order for lowly OSX users (or at least my machine).... for now.

I want to get involved in WvW more, but it's very intimidating. So I stick to running EotM where the stakes are low and everything isn't five million miles apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom