• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, trying to plow through this game as fast as I can.

There seems like so much awesome stuff, but I still have to get through the story and get to level 80 first.

I wanna play WvW, pvp, these dungeons, other shit, fractals?. Just a whole bunch of crap, and I'm here just to grind.
You don't have to get through story or get to level 80 first before doing anything else. I didn't and I bet most of the guild members didn't either before delving into PvP, WvW, dungeons, etc. Everyone else has already said do whatever you want, you won't be punished for it and no one is going to look down at you (and if they did, fuck them, block them, and move on). Go play some Keg Brawl, become the next world champion.
Fractals is a valid place to want to be 80, and as close to "end game" as GW2 has, but nothing you need to rush towards either.
With higher level Fractals, yes, but low level Fractals can be done by anyone. [GAF] has run Fractals with a level 4 guild member. We did fine.

The journey for my per-cursor has begun, 400GS into the mystic toilet nothing but shit..
With every additional victim that Zomorros creates, I feel less and less bad about my 200 exotic staves lost an era ago.

Things I miss from Guild Wars #206: Intl districts.

How is Yaks ahead of us.
They started lower so they got 2 wins quicker because they faced weaker teams. We started higher with more challenging teams. After this match we will be even on points with FA, 3 points ahead of Yaks but next match they will face IoJ and NSP while we face HoD and FA which means they still might end up ahead of us.

It is very likely that if we keep losing to HoD and FA (coming 3rd) we will be 4th in the standing and YB/IoJ/NSP will be 3rd. If we are able to come in 2nd in HoD/FA match we have 2nd place guaranteed.

nataku

Have fun with that thread. GW2 threads get enough people shitting on the game already and now you'll be throwing Polygon into the mix.

Kssio_Aug

How is this game holding up?
I pleyed it at launch, but stopped when I felt the progession wasnt so rewarding. They add something to that feel? I mean... is there any new reward aspect that I should know?

Ps.: I'm not trolling, I really want to know. The game mechanics were great, just that was a let down for me.

Thanks!

In an attempt to clean up my dungeon achievements, I tried to run Citadel of Flame path 3 last night, since it was the only path I needed.

It took a while to find a group - had to start my own, took nearly 10 minutes before people joined. Not a single person that joined had done the path yet, and we were all wondering why nobody was running path 3.

So off we went, stumbling through path 3 and figuring it out as we went. I was expecting something long, difficult, or tricky, considering people were avoiding it. Instead, I found it to be medium length, and very fun. The opening bit with the switches is pretty easy, requiring only a modicum of organization. Then it's just crush kill destroy all the way up to the "gauntlet" of bombs, and we all had a blast trying to get past it (we had no Mesmers). I don't even remember what the final boss was, it was so insignificant to deal with.

After that, I popped on to a lowbie Elementalist alt to meet up with a friend on his lowbie alt, and we did AC story mode. The entire group was around level 35 or so, I was expecting us to struggle somewhat. Wow, have they made AC Story Mode easier - we never wiped once, had no troubles whatsoever even though the other 3 people had never done AC Story before.

I'm looking forward to doing all the other story modes again (to unlock the Reward Tracks), because it seems dungeons are in a good place right now.

I pleyed it at launch, but stopped when I felt the progession wasnt so rewarding. They add something to that feel? I mean... is there any new reward aspect that I should know?

Ps.: I'm not trolling, I really want to know. The game mechanics were great, just that was a let down for me.

Thanks!

The game is in the best shape it's been since launch (few niggles aside). Almost two years worth of quality of life improvements and tweaks, not to mention system changes.

In Guild Wars 2, everything you do gives you either money or resources, and in rare cases, a lucky loot drop. But resources are the primary thing you want, because with resources you gear up, kit out alts, buy things you want or need, craft the better armours, and so fourth.

They have changed progression somewhat with regards to Traits - they unlock slower now, but are slightly more meaningful. To unlock the more powerful ones requires you to go do things - like kill a boss, do an event, or explore a zone (or you can just buy them outright, but if you want to save money..). So there's more horizontal progression.

But it depends on what you mean by "progression". Do you mean progressing to 80, progressing through your Personal Story, progressing up the gear tiers to Exotic/Ascended?

Have fun with that thread. GW2 threads get enough people shitting on the game already and now you'll be throwing Polygon into the mix.
I think maybe people will see that a review score change happening 1.5 years after game released actually makes sense, because the game is an MMO.

Kssio_Aug

In an attempt to clean up my dungeon achievements, I tried to run Citadel of Flame path 3 last night, since it was the only path I needed.

It took a while to find a group - had to start my own, took nearly 10 minutes before people joined. Not a single person that joined had done the path yet, and we were all wondering why nobody was running path 3.

So off we went, stumbling through path 3 and figuring it out as we went. I was expecting something long, difficult, or tricky, considering people were avoiding it. Instead, I found it to be medium length, and very fun. The opening bit with the switches is pretty easy, requiring only a modicum of organization. Then it's just crush kill destroy all the way up to the "gauntlet" of bombs, and we all had a blast trying to get past it (we had no Mesmers). I don't even remember what the final boss was, it was so insignificant to deal with.

After that, I popped on to a lowbie Elementalist alt to meet up with a friend on his lowbie alt, and we did AC story mode. The entire group was around level 35 or so, I was expecting us to struggle somewhat. Wow, have they made AC Story Mode easier - we never wiped once, had no troubles whatsoever even though the other 3 people had never done AC Story before.

I'm looking forward to doing all the other story modes again (to unlock the Reward Tracks), because it seems dungeons are in a good place right now.

The game is in the best shape it's been since launch (few niggles aside). Almost two years worth of quality of life improvements and tweaks, not to mention system changes.

In Guild Wars 2, everything you do gives you either money or resources, and in rare cases, a lucky loot drop. But resources are the primary thing you want, because with resources you gear up, kit out alts, buy things you want or need, craft the better armours, and so fourth.

They have changed progression somewhat with regards to Traits - they unlock slower now, but are slightly more meaningful. To unlock the more powerful ones requires you to go do things - like kill a boss, do an event, or explore a zone (or you can just buy them outright, but if you want to save money..). So there's more horizontal progression.

But it depends on what you mean by "progression". Do you mean progressing to 80, progressing through your Personal Story, progressing up the gear tiers to Exotic/Ascended?

I think that no progression feeling was because on the PvP youre already full level, and have nothing to do to get stronger (or it does?). Besides have fun (what can be good enough, of course) do PvP provide something now? Like equips or materials to be used in PvE or smething like that?

Sorry if it is such a noob question, but its because have a LONG time I dont play it, and am initerested on coming back.

Also, is there a GAF guild I can join?

Proven

They did modify stats for enemies levels 1-79 in the last patch, so that might have had an effect.

I think maybe people will see that a review score change happening 1.5 years after game released actually makes sense, because the game is an MMO.

Haha, optimism. You're so funny, Kos.

I think that no progression feeling was because on the PvP youre already full level, and have nothing to do to get stronger (or it does?). Besides have fun (what can be good enough, of course) do PvP provide something now? Like equips or materials to be used in PvE or smething like that?

Sorry if it is such a noob question, but its because have a LONG time I dont play it, and am initerested on coming back.

PvP has been overhauled completely, and now you can pick a Reward Track that, as you win/lose in PvP, unlocks weapons, armour, crafting materials and more. So PvP now has the same kind of rewards as doing the PvE content, which is not insignificant.

In PvP, everyone still has the same "base" stats and you pick an Amulet to adjust those stats, but in PvP the only way to get "stronger" is to get better at playing. PvP doesn't have gear progression, although it does now share gear skins with PvE, so as you play and unlock rewards, you can wear better skins on armour and weapons.

If you want to fight other players but progress up levels, there's World vs World, which uses your PvE character.

There is a GAF guild, just leave your character name or accountname.number here, and someone should add you.

Kssio_Aug

PvP has been overhauled completely, and now you can pick a Reward Track that, as you win/lose in PvP, unlocks weapons, armour, crafting materials and more. So PvP now has the same kind of rewards as doing the PvE content, which is not insignificant.

In PvP, everyone still has the same "base" stats and you pick an Amulet to adjust those stats, but in PvP the only way to get "stronger" is to get better at playing. PvP doesn't have gear progression, although it does now share gear skins with PvE, so as you play and unlock rewards, you can wear better skins on armour and weapons.

If you want to fight other players but progress up levels, there's World vs World, which uses your PvE character.

There is a GAF guild, just leave your character name or accountname.number here, and someone should add you.

Thanks a lot for the calritifaction! =)

My account name/number is: KssioAug.1560
If someone could add me, thanks a lot!

Ceres

Banned

AC Story is incredibly easy. We had a GAF group go through with one person at lvl 80 and everyone else lvl 40 or lower. Oddly enough it felt like that group went better than the one I ran a few days later with all lvl 80s. And only in the fact that some of the bosses we spiked down in less than a minute while it took the all 80 group like a minute and a half instead.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't even remember what the final boss was, it was so insignificant to deal with.
I like the path 3 boss, though he is pretty easy. He has the rock wall attack that can push you back into the lava if you're unlucky.
AC Story is certainly one of the easiest paths in the game now, as would make sense. It's now what it needs to be for a general MMO audience, whereas before it was the "get better scrub" dungeon. I miss the way it used to be... it forced me to get good early on and rely on skill to get through tough sections of the game regardless of my level. But this makes a lot more sense as an introductory level 30 dungeon.[/quote]

Thanks!
Hmm, yeah, there are probably multiple forms of progression that you never even encountered if you only played at launch.

The PvP Reward Tracks will probably feel awesome to you.

If you don't join the guild you'll make me sad and I don't want to be sad.
AC Story is incredibly easy. We had a GAF group go through with one person at lvl 80 and everyone else lvl 40 or lower. Oddly enough it felt like that group went better than the one I ran a few days later with all lvl 80s. And only in the fact that some of the bosses we spiked down in less than a minute while it took the all 80 group like a minute and a half instead.
If Kasha doesn't die in 20 seconds or less, something is wrong with your group. She can easily find herself dead in 10 :eek:

AC Story is incredibly easy.

Remember at launch when people said AC Story was impossible and too hard and nobody in their right mind will ever run this dungeon again? :p (Yeah, I know they tweaked it a hell of a lot since launch - but I never found the original AC story *that* hard).

I like the path 3 boss, though he is pretty easy. He has the rock wall attack that can push you back into the lava if you're unlucky..

Oh crap, now I feel bad for forgetting him - I actually *really* liked that boss. Got Daily Dodger on it, was never pushed into the lava once, his tells were super telegraphed, so it was really just a 'pay attention' boss, kinda like the thumpers in Molten Facility. I like straightforward bosses that are just a repeated tell-check.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Remember at launch when people said AC Story was impossible and too hard and nobody in their right mind will ever run this dungeon again? :p (Yeah, I know they tweaked it a hell of a lot since launch - but I never found the original AC story *that* hard).
The Lovers were an absolute grinder for PUGs in the early days. When you hit them with a fresh group, no one had yet encountered anything remotely as challenging in GW2. The biggest change to the dungeon is how much they've been neutered. Now the difficulty baseline for the dungeon isn't far removed from the personal story missions around that level range.

The Lovers were an absolute grinder for PUGs in the early days. When you hit them with a fresh group, no one had yet encountered anything remotely as challenging in GW2. The biggest change to the dungeon is how much they've been neutered. Now the difficulty baseline for the dungeon isn't far removed from the personal story missions around that level range.

I always wonder why they didn't just have Rytlock help new players by throwing rocks at the Lovers to keep them apart at times, give players a hint and some breathing room - not unlike the AC path where you're supposed to interrupt the thing that makes rocks fall from the ceiling, but they give you a reprieve by having whatshisname cast a shield over you. Although, I notice he now just keeps casting it, so no need to learn about defiance breaking.

The Lovers didn't seem that hard to me. I think peoples frustrations with keeping them separate without a magical taunt button is what made people feel it was hard. I never had a party have much difficulty beating them and none of my groups ever used the separate rooms trick either. /shrug

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I always wonder why they didn't just have Rytlock help new players by throwing rocks at the Lovers to keep them apart at times, give players a hint and some breathing room - not unlike the AC path where you're supposed to interrupt the thing that makes rocks fall from the ceiling, but they give you a reprieve by having whatshisname cast a shield over you. Although, I notice he now just keeps casting it, so no need to learn about defiance breaking.
Really??? I've only ever beat him via legit interrupts or the super-cheesy stacking safe spot. All the recent times within the past couple months have gone the cheesy way (including by choice for me a couple times, because he was pretty damn tough before!). If Grast is throwing the shield up reliably now maybe I can at least get a guild group together to fight him in the open.
The Lovers didn't seem that hard to me. I think peoples frustrations with keeping them separate without a magical taunt button is what made people feel it was hard. I never had a party have much difficulty beating them and none of my groups ever used the separate rooms trick either. /shrug
They weren't ultimately hard, they were hard until you figured them out. And they were hard for new players to figure out. I led many frustrated newbie PUGs through in the early days of the game and demonstrated how to get them down and had multiple "omg argh thank you we wiped 4 times yesterday to these guys!!"-type comments.

In a way it's kind of sad. Dungeons don't really hold any dangers - they're not really "dungeons". Plus, in the modern climate of "just google it", nothing's really left to be discovered or figured out. I think that's why I love playing on patch day the instant content is added - because nobody knows how to do the things yet, or clear the dungeons, so there's a frontier spirit going in. I miss that.

(Anyone who's just started playing Dark Souls II now on PC knows what I mean - about the joy of not knowing what's around the next corner, but you *really want to know*).

In a way it's kind of sad. Dungeons don't really hold any dangers - they're not really "dungeons". Plus, in the modern climate of "just google it", nothing's really left to be discovered or figured out. I think that's why I love playing on patch day the instant content is added - because nobody knows how to do the things yet, or clear the dungeons, so there's a frontier spirit going in. I miss that.

I enjoy that as well (when you can get it). What I think is a bigger issue than the googling of strats is that due to so many current MMO players getting into the genre through WoW well after it started, everyone expects strats the very first day content comes out and they've no patience for figuring things out themselves.

I mean, I get just as frustrated with constant wipes and dungeons/raids that take hours longer than they theoretically should too... but too many people get pissed and start lashing out or leaving the moment there's a bump in the road. Part of the fun for me is definitely devising the strategies and implementing them, figuring out bit by bit what needs to be done to beat the encounter.

Trey

I mean, I get just as frustrated with constant wipes and dungeons/raids that take hours longer than they theoretically should too... but too many people get pissed and start lashing out or leaving the moment there's a bump in the road. Part of the fun for me is definitely devising the strategies and implementing them, figuring out bit by bit what needs to be done to beat the encounter.

Humans go for the path of least resistance. If people could get better at basketball just by looking at a wiki, they'd do that, too.

It's simply a fact of life in games like MMOs - especially - which are primarily based upon objective qualities like numbers. GW2 obfuscates this fact more than most of its peers, but it's still there and as true as ever.

Kssio_Aug

Wow, thanks for the feedback everyone. I can see the community here is very attentive! =)

Hmm, yeah, there are probably multiple forms of progression that you never even encountered if you only played at launch.

The PvP Reward Tracks will probably feel awesome to you.

If you don't join the guild you'll make me sad and I don't want to be sad.

LOL, you will not be sad! o/

Added. Make sure you open the guild tab on each character and click the Represent button so you can see the guild chat.

Thanks a lot!! I'll accpet as soon as I get home (I'm at work now).

Humans go for the path of least resistance. If people could get better at basketball just by looking at a wiki, they'd do that, too.

It's simply a fact of life in games like MMOs - especially - which are primarily based upon objective qualities like numbers. GW2 obfuscates this fact more than most of its peers, but it's still there and as true as ever.

While path of least resistance is true, what I'm complaining about is actually the expectation of the path having little to no resistance immediately. People talk about wanting challenge but don't want to have to spend time overcoming the challenge. They want a hard fight that they're never going to lose. Which makes no sense because then it wouldn't be hard at all.

People who truly want the path of least resistance would, I'd think, wait until others have blazed the path for them rather than jumping in day one, hour one, and expecting everything to just lay down for them with little to no critical thought or difficult execution.

Trey

While path of least resistance is true, what I'm complaining about is actually the expectation of the path having little to no resistance immediately. People talk about wanting challenge but don't want to have to spend time overcoming the challenge. They want a hard fight that they're never going to lose. Which makes no sense because then it wouldn't be hard at all.

People who truly want the path of least resistance would, I'd think, wait until others have blazed the path for them rather than jumping in day one, hour one, and expecting everything to just lay down for them with little to no critical thought or difficult execution.

It's simply a matter of how instantaneous our world has become. We expect news right now. We want that package ordered off the internet delivered by the afternoon. We pre-load digital games days before they actually release.

And many people want to be able to do new content, flawlessly and immediately. Hard to design something that will stand up to the scrutiny of tens of thousands of players digesting and crowdsourcing information.

CoffeeMan

It's simply a matter of how instantaneous our world has become. We expect news right now. We want that package ordered off the internet delivered by the afternoon. We pre-load digital games days before they actually release.

And many people want to be able to do new content, flawlessly and immediately. Hard to design something that will stand up to the scrutiny of tens of thousands of players digesting and crowdsourcing information.

Where's our Living story season 2 news! I want it yesterday!

PSA: We're only 1316 posts away from OT4!

Also:https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-megaserver-rollout-is-complete-2/

We’re pleased to announce that now all PvE maps and the Heart of the Mists have been moved over to megaserver technology!

Although we’re excited that you have more players than ever to explore the open world of Guild Wars 2 with, our work is not yet complete. Our megaserver team will continue to monitor the performance of the technology on live and evaluate your feedback. We will continue to tweak and update the way the system works until it is providing even better megaservice!

Thanks, and we’ll see you all (literally) in game!

And: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/gathering-tool-weekend-sale/

Gathering Tool Weekend Sale!

Spring here and Tyria is ripe with nature’s bounty! Take advantage of all that the earth has to offer with your own set of permanent gathering tools! The Molten Alliance Mining Pick, Consortium Harvesting Sickle, and Chop-It-All Logging Axe are as efficient as they are eye-catching, and they’re available now through 11:59 p.m. PT on April 28!

Remember, not only can these tools harvest even the rarest and most valuable natural resources without ever wearing out, but they can be shared between every character on your account!

So Overflows officially do not exist anymore, correct?

Technically, all maps are now just overflows - mains don't exist anymore.

Before, there would be 24 copies of Queensdale (one per server) regardless of how many people were in each copy. Now, there might be far fewer (or more in the future), as it puts everyone from all 24 NA servers into one (or more) copies of the map. So on a really slow day, there might be only one Queensdale instance that's busy instead of 24 mostly empty ones.

Has the number of GW2 players increased since launch, or is it getting lower?

It's always hard to tell with GW2, since it's not a sub system, so people are free to come and go as they please.

I'd imagine there's more players now than at launch, and that there's a baseline "ambient" population of regulars, but that it dips and peaks depending on what's going on. During Living Story, every two weeks it would spike up as people log in to check out the content, then drop back down to baseline again once they finish it.

The April 15th patch brought in, and back, a lot of players, so the baseline has likely increased somewhat compared to middle of last year.

tl;dr; I think there's more players now compared to launch, and it's likely to keep growing for some time still.

Kssio_Aug

It's always hard to tell with GW2, since it's not a sub system, so people are free to come and go as they please.

I'd imagine there's more players now than at launch, and that there's a baseline "ambient" population of regulars, but that it dips and peaks depending on what's going on. During Living Story, every two weeks it would spike up as people log in to check out the content, then drop back down to baseline again once they finish it.

The April 15th patch brought in, and back, a lot of players, so the baseline has likely increased somewhat compared to middle of last year.

tl;dr; I think there's more players now compared to launch, and it's likely to keep growing for some time still.

If it have as many or more then at release im more then satisfied. It means theyre being able to keep a good player base there I believe. Thats good to know.

Do A.Net plan on launching more DLCs or maybe even an expansion?

At this point, wouldn't it be more.. wise to just buy it from the TP?

Just to make the Gift of Fortune was around 600g, T6 mats are F N expensive, had to buy 500ectos, also this is what i did for my first legendary, got all the base mats and spent my remaining 200g in the mystic forge, at the time Colossus cost 445g, didn't feel like farming 250g, I got Colossus after 1000 hammers in the forge, and just like before I have over 200g i don't care which one i get I like both Twilight and Sunrise, but Dusk is 1100g and Dawn is 700g, not farming all that gold, just hoping to get lucky..

With every additional victim that Zomorros creates, I feel less and less bad about my 200 exotic staves lost an era ago.

I ain't no victim I am a willing participant :( so far probably put 1500rare weapons in the forge..

If it have as many or more then at release im more then satisfied. It means theyre being able to keep a good player base there I believe. Thats good to know.

Anet has not talked officially about expansions. There will be a Season 2 of the Living World soon, and once that starts you'll see what it means - it's basically free DLC, every two weeks.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Hoo, you are in for some good stuff my man, and without having to pay more cash. This big patch that happened on the 15th touched a bunch of systems of the game to make them better, but this is very much a lull in terms of content. Living Story Season 2 will be starting up in the near future.
ArenaNet said:
Thanks, and we’ll see you all (literally) in game!
Man, I just feel like it bears noting:
With the launch of the April 2014 Feature Pack, we’ll be activating the megaserver system on our level 1–15 maps, main cities, and the PvP lobby. We’ll monitor and test the system to verify that everything works correctly. Later in 2014, we’ll activate our megaserver technology across the entire world of Tyria.

UPDATE: The megaserver system will first be enabled in the Heart of the Mists and then progressively rolled out to the rest of the open world, starting with maps with lower populations. The order and speed of the roll-out will be based on the data we collect.
It took 9 days. 9 days.

There are plenty of groups, some rightfully and some otherwise, that are upset by the change, but things will improve and they'll also get over it with time, and this initial year and a half will be looked back upon as the awkward time when PvE was all split into separate servers and 3/4 of the maps were empty. This was a relatively massive infrastructure change and despite the speedbumps for particular groups with specific needs, for the average player this was implemented seamlessly and without even the chance to ask "oh yeah, when in later 2014?

And the Holy Trinity whining starts. "Wah, a game has come out that doesn't have the exact style of gameplay that I personally like, which means it's broken and horrid."

I'm going to go play games, and forget gaming forums exist for a while.

Retro

Looks like crazypharmacist made a post on Gaming side about that Polygon review.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=807955

Obviously we can't stop people from posting stuff, but I'm not sure this merited a thread. A .5 increase in a review isn't that big of a deal, and GAF has a special kind of relationship with Polygon to begin with (not to mention MMOs in general). It's definitely a good thing for Guild Wars 2 and ArenaNet, but as the Feature Update thread showed, you really have to disarm the haters right out of the gate or the hate just overruns the thread (as with Ash's Lion's Arch thread). The Feature Patch sold itself, honestly, but I like to think the comic approach, with the light, humorous feel and not-subtle-at-all dismissal of the usual snipes, set the tone for the thread to be positive. Or maybe they were all on vacation that week.

Anyways, thread is up and the usual hate squad will come out of the woodwork if they like. It's not like they're actually organized or anything. I just don't like waving the delicious smell of success under the nose of the irritable bear that is Gaming Side when we can't tell people "No, you're objectively wrong, that is not how it works" without becoming a "Defense force" or, my favorite, having a "persecution complex."

We'll just see how it shakes out.

At least it's something different in Gaming other than more threads about how embarrassed GAF is to admit they're gamers, or arguing over shadowing in popular games, or "Why doesn't Nintendo do ____"...

Ceres

Banned
Person 1: System doesn't work for me!
Person 2: But system does work for a lot of people!
Person 1: Well, you need to provide valid arguments or you're wrong and I'm right.

neogaf.gif

Trey

I dunno. GW2 combat always made me feel free. And that I'm reacting to what the mob does, not necessarily following a script.

Of course stack and destroy is what's optimal in dungeons, but you can play a loose, free styling kind of game and still enjoy success. And have fun doing it.

Ashodin

Obviously we can't stop people from posting stuff, but I'm not sure this merited a thread. A .5 increase in a review isn't that big of a deal, and GAF has a special kind of relationship with Polygon to begin with (not to mention MMOs in general). It's definitely a good thing for Guild Wars 2 and ArenaNet, but as the Feature Update thread showed, you really have to disarm the haters right out of the gate or the hate just overruns the thread (as with Ash's Lion's Arch thread). The Feature Patch sold itself, honestly, but I like to think the comic approach, with the light, humorous feel and not-subtle-at-all dismissal of the usual snipes, set the tone for the thread to be positive. Or maybe they were all on vacation that week.

Anyways, thread is up and the usual hate squad will come out of the woodwork if they like. It's not like they're actually organized or anything. I just don't like waving the delicious smell of success under the nose of the irritable bear that is Gaming Side when we can't tell people "No, you're objectively wrong, that is not how it works" without becoming a "Defense force" or, my favorite, having a "persecution complex."

We'll just see how it shakes out.

Gaming side likes to persecute/vilify Polygon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom