• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mxrz

Dual Wield Agility is nuts. Wouldn't be surprised if my zerk warrior has higher dps now than before the zerk nerf. Only downside is missing out on either the warhorn or gs movement.

A big "wat" at the forums saying its crappy. huh.

CoffeeMan

Do we have lore nuts on here?

I'm trying to figure/find why the Divinity's Dam was built?

ekBnJj2.jpg

Did the water from Janthir's Bay and the Great Basin start rising ( you can see new rivers being formed inland on the image on the left)?

Do we have lore nuts on here?

I'm trying to figure/find why the Divinity's Dam was built?

ekBnJj2.jpg

Did the water from Janthir's Bay and the Great Basin start rising ( you can see new rivers being formed inland on the image on the left)?

Not really sure. I don't think there is anything in-game about it. I have the GW2 Strategy guide where there is a lot of lore information I can look into it when I get home.

Blame the Mursaat.

Maybe the rise of Jormag caused the water level to rise. They added Dams on both sides of Divnity's reach as to not flood Queensdale. The Dams are where the beaches in GW1 used to be so I guess the water level did rise.

Ceres

Banned
Do EotM champs count for that? if they do, you can be done with the champs in about two hours. Bring lots of salvage kits.

Pretty sure they do but its a pain to even get credit on an upleveled when the zerg is so big sometimes. Plus EotM karma train is just as boring to me as Queensdale train. Maybe I'll do a little of both and see if that prevents me from falling asleep.

Mxrz

The dragons rising brought about a climate shift. Yeah, thats it. This also changed the UV rays of the sun which affected the Krytans skin pigmentation, making them more fair skinned, which naturally changed their culture, too. . .

Uh, dragons did it. Dragons did it all.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Pretty sure they do but its a pain to even get credit on an upleveled when the zerg is so big sometimes. Plus EotM karma train is just as boring to me as Queensdale train. Maybe I'll do a little of both and see if that prevents me from falling asleep.
Plenty of dungeons have lots of champs too... I think SE1 and AC Story have six apiece?

xeris

I would run dungeons since that's a monthly anyway but level 20 engi is highest character.

If you don't mind dying, it can be done at that level with a group of 80's. Lowest I've seen do it was right around there. The only real problem was that it was hard to get credit for tagging mobs if I remember right.

Seriously, the guy's attitude was terrible that it makes me wonder why he looked for PUG in the first place.

If there's one thing I've learned from playing dota, is those with the worst attitudes are usually the most unreflective. They don't think their own attitude is a problem, because they think everyone else is the problem.

The dragons rising brought about a climate shift. Yeah, thats it. This also changed the UV rays of the sun which affected the Krytans skin pigmentation, making them more fair skinned, which naturally changed their culture, too. . .

Uh, dragons did it. Dragons did it all.

I always figured it was due to Kryta becoming a racial mixing pot due to the fall of the other kingdoms.

Proven

Dual Wield Agility is nuts. Wouldn't be surprised if my zerk warrior has higher dps now than before the zerk nerf. Only downside is missing out on either the warhorn or gs movement.

A big "wat" at the forums saying its crappy. huh.

For PvE? It's mostly because the things you give up from the meta traits/composition screws things up too much. Same reason given for Phalanx Strength. If you're running non-max dps Zerker meta though...

For PvP I haven't given it a fair shake yet, but it's something I would rate higher than most other people anyway. Attack speed buffs and nerfs in this game are rare and significant.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
If there's one thing I've learned from playing dota, is those with the worst attitudes are usually the most unreflective. They don't think their own attitude is a problem, because they think everyone else is the problem.

It was terrible really. It was SE1 and I saw the guy flirting with another user. I politely asked if the person was coming in the dungeon, but the 13k AP player was like "shut up pug user". And even went on saying "he will gomplain on GW2 forums".

Thankfully karma was on my side and after I got kicked for "not stacking" despite being with them (and what a shitty run for a stacking group - took forever to kill Nokk), the next LFG I had did not only both SE1 and SE3, but it was quick, flawless, and had a nice team.

Plenty of dungeons have lots of champs too... I think SE1 and AC Story have six apiece?

Yesterday with a decent group i completed SE1 in 10mins, it took 7 mins to kill the first 5 champs, get yourself 5 zerkers as long as you have 2 guardians for Wall of Reflection stacking, you can farm those guys faster than Frostgorge or Queensdale champ train, and the champ bags in the dungeon seems to give you better silver, i have gotten up to 8 silver out of one bag many times since the nerf to the bags..

If so that seems like a disaster. Nokk has a move that puts an AoE circle around one player for a few seconds and then knocks (heh) anyone caught in the radius in a random direction...
Well the speed run videos I've seen where they stack nokk dies in a few seconds.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ahhh yeah if you're working with speedrun-level DPS that makes sense. For random assembled pug groups it seems like a terrible idea though.

Trey

Speed running strats with pugs are almost always a bad idea. Stacking is only worth it if you're buffing constantly and blasting fields.

Mxrz

For PvE? It's mostly because the things you give up from the meta traits/composition screws things up too much. Same reason given for Phalanx Strength. If you're running non-max dps Zerker meta though...

For PvP I haven't given it a fair shake yet, but it's something I would rate higher than most other people anyway. Attack speed buffs and nerfs in this game are rare and significant.

Hmm. All I gave up was 5 in discipline (15->10/2). Never paid too much attention to my build but probably pretty meta at 30/25.

It was terrible really. It was SE1 and I saw the guy flirting with another user. I politely asked if the person was coming in the dungeon, but the 13k AP player was like "shut up pug user". And even went on saying "he will gomplain on GW2 forums".

Thankfully karma was on my side and after I got kicked for "not stacking" despite being with them (and what a shitty run for a stacking group - took forever to kill Nokk), the next LFG I had did not only both SE1 and SE3, but it was quick, flawless, and had a nice team.

Best pugs for the "fast" paths are ones not saying much. If you go in and see junk like that, find another group. Dealing with one jerkass inevitably slows up the run as he stops to type out how superior he is. The only places I've seen stacking in SE1 is at the three golems, and on rare occasion the very first one. Stacking anywhere else is stupid and pointless for a random pug.

Gotta say, Zealot's stats aren't half bad in a dungeon group. The loss of DPS from no ferocity is not huge (about 10% lower dps) but the boost to healing skills is a big help. It turned Mai boss fractal from shitfest to easy mode.

Boss Doggie

Best pugs for the "fast" paths are ones not saying much. If you go in and see junk like that, find another group. Dealing with one jerkass inevitably slows up the run as he stops to type out how superior he is. The only places I've seen stacking in SE1 is at the three golems, and on rare occasion the very first one. Stacking anywhere else is stupid and pointless for a random pug.

Yeah, should've trusted my instincts and left while ahead. Oh well.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
This games zones are consistently great. Much better than most of the stuff I've been playing. Me and a friend were going through Bloodtide coasts and I love it. Some cool hearts, a few player initiated events, the world boss and those huge underwater areas. So good

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Bloodtide is my second favorite zone :) Don't miss Portmatt's Lab, there's no shame in looking up how to solve it if you have to!

Boss Doggie

What is the fabled might combo done by scepter-dagger elems?

Is it Ring of Fire -> Dragon Tooth -> Phoenix -> Arcane Wave -> Churning Earth? Does that grant 25 Might or am I missing something?

mingus

SE1 is great silver, yeah.

Where are you even "supposed to" stack for Nokk?

You're supposed to run past him without touching him and stack near the door, this makes him run down to you, then you can freely damage him without the fear of being knocked off into the lava.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You're supposed to run past him without touching him and stack near the door, this makes him run down to you, then you can freely damage him without the fear of being knocked off into the lava.
Oh, ha, minus the stacking that's how I like to fight him anyway.

Is it Ring of Fire -> Dragon Tooth -> Phoenix -> Arcane Wave -> Churning Earth? Does that grant 25 Might or am I missing something?
Not actually sure if this gets you to 25 but you can start dragon's tooth before activating Ring of Fire to have more time on the field, and add in the Earth dodge with Evasive Arcana before Churning Earth.

Proven

It'd be Dragon Tooth before Ring of Fire, then Phoenix, Arcane Wave, and switch to earth to dodge roll with Evasive Arcana for another blast.

Retro

This games zones are consistently great.

You haven't seen any of their post-launch zones unless you ventured into Edge of the Mists (Southsun still feels more like an experiment to me). A lot of their content is also fairly old (in gaming terms); Queensdale as it exists now has been reiterated countless times, and was originally built in GW1 to test DE concepts. So it's a zone with a terrifically old soul, which I imagine is a similar case for the rest of the world.

When they do add new zones, expect this to be kicked up a notch. Labyrinthine Cliffs was stunning. Easily the most fun I've had just moving around in an MMO, and yes, that even trumps the first time I experienced of flying mounts. I hope Wooden Potatoes is wrong and it comes back sometime this year.

You haven't seen any of their post-launch zones unless you ventured into Edge of the Mists (Southsun still feels more like an experiment to me). A lot of their content is also fairly old (in gaming terms); Queensdale as it exists now has been reiterated countless times, and was originally built in GW1 to test DE concepts. So it's a zone with a terrifically old soul, which I imagine is a similar case for the rest of the world.
Truth.
Just yesterday I was trying to make my way back to the dorito, took a wrong turn and "WHAT. you mean there's a whole underground pathway that I could've been using all this time to avoid the visibility upstairs?"
tumblr_inline_mkqibaQmAZ1qz4rgp.gif

Zone is filled with y axis shortcuts.

Went to the borderlands, saw that it was the same map repeated a coupla times. Was sadfaced =/

Proven

hehe i win proven.
grr

Truth.
Just yesterday I was trying to make my way back to the dorito, took a wrong turn and "WHAT. you mean there's a whole underground pathway that I could've been using all this time to avoid the visibility upstairs?"
http://media.tumblr.com/20ed40e8b469b785b3d7faf0ffb79442/tumblr_inline_mkqibaQmAZ1qz4rgp.gif[IMG]

Zone is filled with y axis shortcuts.

Went to the borderlands, saw that it was the same map repeated a coupla times. Was sadfaced =/[/QUOTE]

Edge of the Mists is designed with lots of flank routes and interesting small areas for fights. It just wasn't liked because the flank routes are more prone to having you pushed off (intentional) and the good-fights-people wanted more flat open uninterrupted space.

Edge of the Mists is designed with lots of flank routes and interesting small areas for fights. It just wasn't liked because the flank routes are more prone to having you pushed off (intentional) and the good-fights-people wanted more flat open uninterrupted space.

Hrmmm... its kinda easy to see why they went that route. In open fields, wubwub nearly always devolves into two blobs throwing ranged crap at each other and picking off stragglers until one side breaks. Seems that more complex geometry is the only way to avoid this kind of scenario repeating too often.

Beeks

Hey guys, been lurking on GAF for a while and just started playing GW2, any chance I can get an invite into the guild? My display name is Beeks Electric.5863.

Wow, lotta new blood in the past month, we might need to do another culling soon.

Nice dungeon runs last night btw, cof1/2+se1 brings in a pretty penny.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
We are getting there, yup... culling will be much easier and more controlled now luckily :)

And indeed, add SE3 to that mix and you're sitting at 5G before selling anything or spending any tokens.

Taffer

Wow, lotta new blood in the past month, we might need to do another culling soon.

Nice dungeon runs last night btw, cof1/2+se1 brings in a pretty penny.

The best part was where the cool kids got knocked into the lava in SE1 despite the recent discussion in this thread about that very boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom