• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That is only the name for the champion bandit loot.
Where did I go wrong friend

oh I see, each type of Champion's bag is different?

I get it! So champion risen have decaying coin purses I'm sure. And centaurs have centaury coin purses :D
Hmm. Champion loots is based on type alone? Hopefully there's some level/zone factor too, otherwise people will just zerg the lowest level champs of each type. Well, I don't know why I say "hopefully", but it would seem a bit less game-y if the loot took a little more into account than the label of the creature type.
It could be the case that the crafting materials in the bag are of the tier associated with the non-champ loot bags found in that zone.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm not on the GAF server, unfortunately. Can I still join the guild? If not, I can guest when you guys decide to do it.
You can join the guild. As long as you're in NA, you actually don't even have to guest to do dungeons. You do have to guest for guild missions and events of course

cdkee

Banned
You can join the guild. As long as you're in NA, you actually don't even have to guest to do dungeons. You do have to guest for guild missions and events of course

Cool. I'd like to join then! I originally started playing on launch day (and beta test weekends), but I took a hiatus from Tyria to focus on my last year of college. Now I'm back on while I search for jobs and such, so I might just switch to Stormbluff Isle.

Ashodin

Yep exactly. If you want an invite, give us your account name.XXXX or your in-game name. Either is fine!

Levyne

Banned
Actually, I take it back. Type seems like an okay way split the bags. That way, if you need stuffs from, say, champion drakes, you are encouraged to learn the many possibilities to take some champ drakes down, rather than being pigeonholed into hunting a specific subset of champion drakes of a certain level range in a given set of zones. This is assuming you can't just take down the same drake multiple times in a day.

Where did I go wrong friend

oh I see, each type of Champion's bag is different?

I get it! So champion risen have decaying coin purses I'm sure. And centaurs have centaury coin purses :D

It could be the case that the crafting materials in the bag are of the tier associated with the non-champ loot bags found in that zone.

Embroidered Moldy Loot Bags and Embroidered Saddle Bags. ;p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Extra-shiny Bag of Shinies
Ritual Bag for the Best Ritual Ever
Bag of REALLY Theoretical Materials
LooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooot Bag

Ashodin

I haven't played since launch. Whats new??

Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

Levyne

Banned
Well, it's kind of weird to show someone all the releases because that means nothing to them, at least the temporary content stuff.

That being said, there's been a wealth of quality of life updates, changes to dungeons, permanent minigames, loot drop changes, and overall restructuring of world event rewards.

It's hard since they add permanent releases alongside and packaged together with the temporary LS stuff. Luckily, 1.) I said it was just a starting point, and 2.) The permanent stuff is identified on the page as well.

Lunar15

It's hard since they add permanent releases alongside and packaged together with the temporary LS stuff. Luckily, 1.) I said it was just a starting point, and 2.) The permanent stuff is identified on the page as well.

Oh, yeah, I didn't see that they actually call out the permanent and temp content separately. That's quite nice.

Levyne

Banned
Though i admit that page still doesn't give a great idea of the amount of other "tweaks" (there's probably a better word..) of other things that are in every patch but not really highlighted.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah, though it is a good start it's definitely tough to get a real sense of all the ways the day-to-day game has changed from that page. There's nothing at at glance that explains how the world bosses rewards have changed to the popular daily system, or the ways obtaining Ascended gear have evolved, or the big skill/trait overhaul in Sky Pirates, or the achievement system UI redesign.

That said, with regard to the temp stuff there's still a solid 5 days to get in a bunch of the Bazaar and Gnashblade/Kiel content. I'd say head to the Labyrinthine Cliffs and at least hunt for some Sky Crystals, get as high up as you can on the Sanctum (or at least find the diving goggles), try Survival and Aspect Arena and Tier 1 of the trials, and maybe hunt some kites in the cooler JPs.

Yes they are, they've said that the new skins are totally unique.

Oh, ok, GREAT!

Now I can try to mindlessly grind CoF p1 this weekend and have something to look forward to on Tuesday when that option is gone :D

On a side note ... I REALLY hope they make a class change contract for the GS soon. I really don't wanna kill off my level 80 ele ... but I never use her and I want to make a sylvari thief. :/

Only have one more slot open and I'm saving that for any possible new race.

Ashodin

Oh, ok, GREAT!

Now I can try to mindlessly grind CoF p1 this weekend and have something to look forward to on Tuesday when that option is gone :D

On a side note ... I REALLY hope they make a class change contract for the GS soon. I really don't wanna kill off my level 80 ele ... but I never use her and I want to make a sylvari thief. :/

Only have one more slot open and I'm saving that for any possible new race.

You're going to be waiting until end of time for that.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gonna be a little late starting on missions. Unless they've already started in game, that's cool.

The Champion skins, including the rapier, the purple 1h fellblades, and that gun apparently, are all new. The Sovereign skins are also all new, and we haven't seen them yet.

Black-Wind, remind me of the bee in your bonnet re: dungeons? I keep forgetting what you're on about whenever you say stuff like this :p

Bear in mind the new champion rewards will also apply to champions in dungeons.

Ashodin

Gonna be a little late starting on missions. Unless they've already started in game, that's cool.

The Champion skins, including the rapier, the purple 1h fellblades, and that gun apparently, are all new. The Sovereign skins are also all new, and we haven't seen them yet.

Black-Wind, remind me of the bee in your bonnet re: dungeons? I keep forgetting what you're on about whenever you say stuff like this :p

Bear in mind the new champion rewards will also apply to champions in dungeons.

I'm heading it up homie. Commander swag

Ragus

Banned
A quick noob question - I voted for one of the candidates in Zephyr Sanctum, but I have a question about those trials:

Should I even bother with them? I'm level 9, so my gear sucks and I probably shouldn't, but I feel this is the right place to ask.

Levyne

Banned
4/4 in make ups today. 75 minutes. 30 of that was rush since we needed full time for karka but got everyone through :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
A quick noob question - I voted for one of the candidates in Zephyr Sanctum, but I have a question about those trials:

Should I even bother with them? I'm level 9, so my gear sucks and I probably shouldn't, but I feel this is the right place to ask.
I actually think you'd be fine in Tier 1? Give it a shot!

NEEDS MORE VOTES

Pick where our champion hunting event will take place

Sophia

I actually think you'd be fine in Tier 1? Give it a shot!

Get a higher level buddy or two and do Tier 1/2 for the achievements at least! Plus the event is decent XP. Probably a full level at level 9. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom