• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jira

754a3QS_NextHero_EN.jpg

QS is the next update abbreviation, my guess is Queen's XXXX?

scotcheggz

I tried to login today for the first time in months and after resetting my password, it seems my account was banned for botting. Looking into it more, it is quite obvious it was hacked, I had a ton of authentication emails from Anet, all from Chinese IPs and one from San Jose weirdly enough. I've sent a support ticket with tons of information, very detailed and such, but what are the chances of me getting my account back? I'm also pretty doubtful it will be in tact even if they do reinstate the account... Anyone have any experience with this?

Complistic

I tried to login today for the first time in months and after resetting my password, it seems my account was banned for botting. Looking into it more, it is quite obvious it was hacked, I had a ton of authentication emails from Anet, all from Chinese IPs and one from San Jose weirdly enough. I've sent a support ticket with tons of information, very detailed and such, but what are the chances of me getting my account back? I'm also pretty doubtful it will be in tact even if they do reinstate the account... Anyone have any experience with this?

you might get it back, but your characters/gold whatever will be gone.

scotcheggz

you might get it back, but your characters/gold whatever will be gone.

Hmm, that's kind of ok, I guess. I didn't have much in the way of gold. All of my money was put into gear really. My main is probably deleted since when I first tried to reset my password, the name wasn't recognised on the account, but my second max characters name was ok, so maybe that's still there. We'll see. Bit of a bummer but I haven't played in months so its not the end of the world. I'm more interested in just getting the account back in case the urge takes me to play it again comes up, like it did this morning lol.

Lunar15

It looks like the next one is being kept deliberately vague. It's a picture of stuff we kind of already know about, balloons and Divinity's Reach.

Next update is the anniversary, correct?

Trey

I heard a story or two of someone in your predicament getting a rollback on their account, but that seems rare.

pyros

"Support tokens sell at NPC for more than 1 silver each"

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Yeah just sold the few I still had, almost 3 gold down a ballot box.

If you link your account to an authenticator app, shouldn't it ask you to authenticate every time you log in, just wondering, as I only did it once to link the app

Retro

If you link your account to an authenticator app, shouldn't it ask you to authenticate every time you log in, just wondering, as I only did it once to link the app

I believe once you've authenticated a specific location, it doesn't ask again unless you try to log in from somewhere else.

Arcteryx

Anyone know which Champion/Champion Group the "Colbalt" drops from?

gw2-cobalt-greatsword_thumb.jpg

It comes out of the little reward bags from Champs in the "farm" map. I've seen 4 people get it in the past 45 mins, so just hold off on buying it, as it will only sink lower in value.

Also, they are going to need to nerf this "farm", as you can easily make 12g+/hr with MF + banners etc. I made 9g in the past 45 mins with minimal MF(just the buff it gives you when you talk to the NPC). On top of that, mats are SOOO abundant that ones that used to cost ~1s are worth 10-20c now...so if you need to level and alt thru crafting...nows the time!

Queens Sangre. She's been behind the plot for flame and frost driving people from their homelands in an attemot to weaken their defense so Kryta can expand further east all the way back to Ascalon again. She also has Kiel and her Mentor on her payroll and will use Kiels new found Captains Council seat to push legislation to make Lion's Arch swear fealty to Kryta once again.

The final last ditch effort is to kille the reps from various nations with her new found private robot army and march across Tyria to take it by force. The mesmer in the story event today is her true second in command and also her secret lover.

Lunar15

If I had to take a guess, it's the Queen's Soiree.

It will be a mask-wearing evening party where more story will be introduced. (and the Clockwork Soldiers will start to run amok)

The Jubilee represents the entire occasion, whereas the Soiree is the specific evening party.

Retro

Queen's Shattering
Jennah is revealed to be an illusion herself, not the Mesmer creating them. The entire Krytan kingdom has been under outside control. Caudecus and all the ministers trying to overthrow her knew of the plot but were unable to expose such a ridiculous claim. Logan was ensnared from the beginning so he could be used to turn the tide against anyone who sought to destroy the true threat.

nataku

In reply to the mob factions you fight in the Crown Pavilion:

Anthony Ordon said:
For this release we stuck to enemies that can actually be seen fighting humans throughout the game. Ironically enough, that logic makes Flame Legion the weakest association. Of course, we could have included Separatists or Charr Renegades, but Queen Jennah would probably avoid any sort current sensitive foreign relation issues.

Robert Hrouda said:
I originally had the Mursaat/White Mantle as one of the factions.They’re certainly a stronger pick than something like bandits or pirates, but there’s a lot of factors that go into these sorts of things. Creating a new army never before seen is pretty complex and takes a lot of time and iteration. Not only is there a large design cost for it, but art has to create a brand new environment, new armor, new character models, new weapons, and those are not simple tasks either. I played a ton of GW1, so I know their significance. I also knew how much time I had to do this, what my asset request bank was, and knew that I couldn’t do the Mursaat justice… especially with such a small area.

If I’m gonna do Mursaat and White Mantle, I (as a hardcore GW1 player) would want it to be epic and grand. We haven’t ..forgotten.. about them, I just have higher expectations for them than what I was capable of putting out in this release.

…and yes I’m proud of that reference.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/livingworld/jubilee/Missed-opportunity

Maledict

If this is Arenanet's idea of boss fights with anti-Zerg capabilities, they have a bit of catching up to do on WoW and other games... ;-). I'm on an overflow server, and the pavilion is just a Zerg farm of the champions every time they pop. Have to say wIth the champion bag for the event, the champions dotted around the map, and the sheer number of mobs you kill plus the bonus from representing it seems to be easy money for now.

Ploid 3.0

If this is Arenanet's idea of boss fights with anti-Zerg capabilities, they have a bit of catching up to do on WoW and other games... ;-). I'm on an overflow server, and the pavilion is just a Zerg farm of the champions every time they pop. Have to say wIth the champion bag for the event, the champions dotted around the map, and the sheer number of mobs you kill plus the bonus from representing it seems to be easy money for now.

Yeah, I no longer miss the easy exp and money of Bazaar of the Four Winds.

Jira

I've seen entire zergs flattened by some of the boss AoE's, just slews of people getting one shot. Seems like an effective anti-zerg ability.

Queen's Shattering
Jennah is revealed to be an illusion herself, not the Mesmer creating them. The entire Krytan kingdom has been under outside control. Caudecus and all the ministers trying to overthrow her knew of the plot but were unable to expose such a ridiculous claim. Logan was ensnared from the beginning so he could be used to turn the tide against anyone who sought to destroy the true threat.

matrix plot whoooo

Maledict

I've seen entire zergs flattened by some of the boss AoE's, just slews of people getting one shot. Seems like an effective anti-zerg ability.

I don't see how. The damage doesn't seem any worse than other AE effects that bosses use, particulary in the temples.

Also generally, just adding AEs in won't stop a Zerg, especially in a game with the chain razzing like GW2. You need much smarter effects that that - effects that heal the boss when players screw up, summon adds, etc etc. these new fights unfortunately still seem as dumb and unfun as the rest of GW2 boss fights - too many hitpoints, a couple of AEs to dodge whilst everyone kites the boss around.

Lunar15

I personally believe that they should make the Dragons in to extremely difficult fights. Now that both World Events and Champions drop fairly decent loot, dragons need to be shifted into big group events that are *rarely* beaten. It should be something you have to organize your guild to defeat, much like a raid.

They're the most imposing beasts in the entire world, and they should be treated as such, not just additional world events. I'd really love it if they just made them near impossible to beat, so that guilds could brag about the times when they have beaten it.

Sophia

The actual fights in the Queen's Gauntlet are pretty good. But it has every problem that every MMO has ever had attempting stuff like this. Not instanced, performance absolutely sucks, no easy access, no way to easily return once you've been killed, awful ambiguous time limit, DPS race, etc.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Right-o, I'm looking for some people to help out with some expeditionary stuff tonight, collecting info that will benefit peeps. Anyone willing to take some time off from the new hotness and do a little investigation, please apply.

1. Dungeon Spelunkers, I wanna keep filling in this spreadsheet, which means doing some of the less frequented paths. Experienced dungeoneers wanted but not required :p

2. Champion Sampling - I'm really interested in mapping out the different "families" of Champs (designated by loot bag type) and collecting a little data on what they drop. From what I'm hearing it sounds like the crazy champion farming in the Pavilion is sort of a clusterfuck and no one is getting anything really empirical out of the experience (though holy cow it sounds like they are making bank!). So I figured we'd go scout out some of the easily identifiable champs out there in the world and record our findings, and have something to add to. The work we did with the World boss drops was really interesting and helpful in the early days so this could be something similar.

I need to squeeze in a workout when I get home, and then I'll poke my head in the Pavilion just to check it out for a few, but then I'll be devoting the rest of my night to this stuff. So please let me know if interested!

Also, please vote on tomorrow's guild event! Timberline has taken the lead and it looks like that's where we'll be. But there's still time!

Lunar15

Right-o, I'm looking for some people to help out with some expeditionary stuff tonight, collecting info that will benefit peeps. Anyone willing to take some time off from the new hotness and do a little investigation, please apply.

1. Dungeon Spelunkers, I wanna keep filling in this spreadsheet, which means doing some of the less frequented paths. Experienced dungeoneers wanted but not required :p

2. Champion Sampling - I'm really interested in mapping out the different "families" of Champs (designated by loot bag type) and collecting a little data on what they drop. From what I'm hearing it sounds like the crazy champion farming in the Pavilion is sort of a clusterfuck and no one is getting anything really empirical out of the experience (though holy cow it sounds like they are making bank!). So I figured we'd go scout out some of the easily identifiable champs out there in the world and record our findings, and have something to add to. The work we did with the World boss drops was really interesting and helpful in the early days so this could be something similar.

I need to squeeze in a workout when I get home, and then I'll poke my head in the Pavilion just to check it out for a few, but then I'll be devoting the rest of my night to this stuff. So please let me know if interested!

Also, please vote on tomorrow's guild event! Timberline has taken the lead and it looks like that's where we'll be. But there's still time!

I'm down to help, if and when I get on.

Also, is there any way to change your vote? I picked timberline, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought Blazeridge Steppes would be cooler.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Love you ash.

The advanced transmutation stuff from the data mining is pretty shweet. I must have the Salvage-o-matic, as well. Lots of mysteries in there, too
I'm down to help, if and when I get on.

Also, is there any way to change your vote? I picked timberline, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought Blazeridge Steppes would be cooler.
Yay! But unfortunately not, on changing your vote. So far as I can tell you're locked in to your first instinct.

Timberline is cool, though. There's a lot of hidden stuff in the mountain walls.

Queen's Samba:
Dance, Magic Dance.

You remind me of the babe...

I don't see how. The damage doesn't seem any worse than other AE effects that bosses use, particulary in the temples.

Also generally, just adding AEs in won't stop a Zerg, especially in a game with the chain razzing like GW2. You need much smarter effects that that - effects that heal the boss when players screw up, summon adds, etc etc. these new fights unfortunately still seem as dumb and unfun as the rest of GW2 boss fights - too many hitpoints, a couple of AEs to dodge whilst everyone kites the boss around.

The AoE's are huge and hard to spot in the zerg even with the effect LOD on. When people mass up, they get wiped hard. It's generally solved by spreading out but there's some cramped quarters. It's not perfect but it's not faceroll either.

You also have to take into account that it's not designed to make entire groups wipe and have to respawn. Just to make it not be a cakewalk. That's why two bosses spawn at a time.

I personally believe that they should make the Dragons in to extremely difficult fights. Now that both World Events and Champions drop fairly decent loot, dragons need to be shifted into big group events that are *rarely* beaten. It should be something you have to organize your guild to defeat, much like a raid.

They're the most imposing beasts in the entire world, and they should be treated as such, not just additional world events. I'd really love it if they just made them near impossible to beat, so that guilds could brag about the times when they have beaten it.

It's worth noting that most of the Dragons we fight aren't the actual Dragons. Teq is but The Shatterer and Jormag aren't. They're merely segments of the Dragons. What needs to happen with Teq is that when the bone wall goes up it needs to port everyone out of range and force them to have to fight the waves of enemies and use the siege weapons. Then it'll play out more like it was designed.

I can probably help out with 2. My buddy just hit 80 recently and wanted me to show him around a bit, so I figure wandering the world killing champs wouldn't be too bad (he leveled almost entirely through WvW).

badassGreatsword.jpg
I know where this drops, but I'm not telling.

So then specific weapons come from specific Champs or at least specific bags then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom