• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I can probably help out with 2. My buddy just hit 80 recently and wanted me to show him around a bit, so I figure wandering the world killing champs wouldn't be too bad (he leveled almost entirely through WvW).
Hawk I'd be down if I'm on though I'm unsure as to what time I'll be on tonight but I'll be on.
Sweet.
So then specific weapons come from specific Champs or at least specific bags then?
We know very little, but I highly suspect each bag type (from each champ "family") has a static loot table, including one or more weapons (as well as specific mat types, etc)

edit: Reposting for new page:

Right-o, I'm looking for some people to help out with some expeditionary stuff tonight, collecting info that will benefit peeps. Anyone willing to take some time off from the new hotness and do a little investigation, please apply.

1. Dungeon Spelunkers, I wanna keep filling in this spreadsheet, which means doing some of the less frequented paths. Experienced dungeoneers wanted but not required :p

2. Champion Sampling - I'm really interested in mapping out the different "families" of Champs (designated by loot bag type) and collecting a little data on what they drop. From what I'm hearing it sounds like the crazy champion farming in the Pavilion is sort of a clusterfuck and no one is getting anything really empirical out of the experience (though holy cow it sounds like they are making bank!). So I figured we'd go scout out some of the easily identifiable champs out there in the world and record our findings, and have something to add to. The work we did with the World boss drops was really interesting and helpful in the early days so this could be something similar.

I'll probably be leading this roving group starting around 7:30PM Eastern.

Lunar15

Count me in for some scouting and spelunking too.

What babe?

tumblr_m0e84szyAE1qgcra2o1_500.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Poached the remaining dungeon numbers except for CM2 from reddit and the wiki.

Arah seems spot on and I think AC is quite fair. There's a lot of mystery in the rest. The fact that SE2 and SE1 each offer the same 1g reward is absolutely ludicrous, and ensures that there's still no reason to run one of my favorite dungeon paths. The TA paths, same thing. 1g also isn't really enough to get me back into the Butcher fight in HOTW, although besides the underwater bosses I don't hate the others that much and it at least is a substantial buff to the reward from before. Note- you still get the traditional "on-complete" 26s bonus, and this is not daily-bound (though subject to DR from immediate repeat runs).

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if something's a little wrong with it (in-game, I mean. I trust the reports). Too many "all paths = 1g" in dungeons whose paths are nowhere close to equitable. It's a huge step in the right direction because there's a ton of gold to be had in jumping all over the place- but it falls short because some of the toughest paths in the game will still be completely ignored. Despite the precedent set from AC and Arah 3 of 50s increments, zero dungeons have 2g or 2.5g rewards at all. Very odd.

Still, 5g+ per day for any two paths of AC followed by COF1 and SE1 is delicious. And don't ignore the 50s from Story Mode; despite the lack of tokens, many of these are quick. easy, and enjoyable enough to speed through for 50s. AC Story in particular I'll probably be running most days, it's a breeze.

edit: Wiki updated to completion, so my spreadsheet's defunct and our spelunking won't be exploratory so much as confirming things. Again, something just seems a bit off. I had reasonable expectations and of course thought a majority of paths would be 1g but there is just so little variation, so much "middle ground" completely ignored, that I wouldn't be surprised if these were given another shake-up before too long.

Ashodin

Poached the remaining dungeon numbers except for CM2 from reddit and the wiki.

Arah seems spot on and I think AC is quite fair. There's a lot of mystery in the rest. The fact that SE2 and SE1 each offer the same 1g reward is absolutely ludicrous, and ensures that there's still no reason to run one of my favorite dungeon paths. The TA paths, same thing. 1g also isn't really enough to get me back into the Butcher fight in HOTW, although besides the underwater bosses I don't hate the others that much and it at least is a substantial buff to the reward from before. Note- you still get the traditional "on-complete" 26s bonus, and this is not daily-bound (though subject to DR from immediate repeat runs).

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if something's a little wrong with it (in-game, I mean. I trust the reports). Too many "all paths = 1g" in dungeons whose paths are nowhere close to equitable. It's a huge step in the right direction because there's a ton of gold to be had in jumping all over the place- but it falls short because some of the toughest paths in the game will still be completely ignored. Despite the precedent set from AC and Arah 3 of 50s increments, zero dungeons have 2g or 2.5g rewards at all. Very odd.

Still, 5g+ per day for any two paths of AC followed by COF1 and SE1 is delicious. And don't ignore the 50s from Story Mode; despite the lack of tokens, many of these are quick. easy, and enjoyable enough to speed through for 50s. AC Story in particular I'll probably be running most days, it's a breeze.

edit: Wiki updated to completion, so my spreadsheet's defunct and our spelunking won't be exploratory so much as confirming things. Again, something just seems a bit off. I had reasonable expectations and of course thought a majority of paths would be 1g but there is just so little variation, so much "middle ground" completely ignored, that I wouldn't be surprised if these were given another shake-up before too long.

The data funneling for the Wiki is INSANE

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
True. Community-based knowledge pools are mindblowing. It went from blank to fully-filled and confirmed within about an hour.

Cels

maybe someone can figure this out for me: how do you use fractal relics in the mystic forge now that they're in the wallet?

Levyne

Banned
Yeah, not a whole lot of variety in the spread for dungeon rewards....they could have easily bumped SE2, TA FU, CoF3 at least 50s or such...oh well

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
maybe someone can figure this out for me: how do you use fractal relics in the mystic forge now that they're in the wallet?
It should put it in automatically when you put in the other 3 components, but it's possible it's bugged if that doesn't work.
Yeah, not a whole lot of variety in the spread for dungeon rewards....they could have easily bumped SE2, TA FU, CoF3 at least 50s or such...oh well
Those were the ones that jumped out at me as well. And throw HOTW a bone, please?

There's just a lot of bizarrely unexplored space in the 1.5g-2.5g middle.

Arcteryx

Fuuuuu they must have hot-fixed the Centaur champs because they aren't dropping their loot anymore :(

Oh well, made ~47g + ~15g in SP(upconverting mats later on)

Wooooooo

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Fuuuuu they must have hot-fixed the Centaur champs because they aren't dropping their loot anymore :(

Oh well, made ~47g + ~15g in SP(upconverting mats later on)

Wooooooo
Reddit reports indicate there's some kind of DR restrictions, but they aren't THAT punishing.

What is the main method by which you guys are making gold with this? Or do you just jump in and start earning no matter what you're up to?

Ashodin

NEW BUILD

Queen’s Jubilee
  • Fixed a bug where more Centaur Champions were spawning in the Crown Pavilion than intended.
  • Runes of Perplexity now correctly apply confusion to the enemy target instead of the player.
  • The cost of runes sold by the Crown Pavilion merchants in the Queen’s Arena have been corrected.
  • Fixed an issue where Aetherblade morale events associated with balloon towers in the open world would stop spawning pirates.

STOP YO MONEY MAKIN

Arcteryx

Reddit reports indicate there's some kind of DR restrictions, but they aren't THAT punishing.

What is the main method by which you guys are making gold with this? Or do you just jump in and start earning no matter what you're up to?

Pretty much just jump in and do it. It's really easy to get lodestones, t5/6 mats, rares, exotics, etc.

Mxrz

Prices on some of the mats has to fall. I made like 35'ish Large claws, etc. in only a few minutes at the destroyers.

Katoki

From my experience with the champion/legendary farming zerg inside the arena thing, I think I'm going to hang out in the back with a staff. Can't see much when you're in the middle of everything even with the new spell effect checkbox option.

Proven

Played a little bit, had some fun, didn't check the Pavillon yet. Just ran around in Harathi and then a little WvW while actually getting to use my rank finishers.

When's the champion hunt down tomorrow?

I still wish it was Blazeridge steps. Charr need more love.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Played a little bit, had some fun, didn't check the Pavillon yet. Just ran around in Harathi and then a little WvW while actually getting to use my rank finishers.

When's the champion hunt down tomorrow?

I still wish it was Blazeridge steps. Charr need more love.

Still a few hours to vote, looking like Timberline though!

That was definitely my favorite story instance so far. So much dialogue, and so much of it totally optional... me like!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not nearly as big as it sounds. The Queen's Gauntlet is pretty amazing, but the Crown Pavilion wears itself out fairly quickly with poor performance and a clusterfuck of enemies going on.
I haven't yet tried, but I don't have any of your issues with the Crown Pavilion. I can tell I'm going to have a lot of fun in there.

But I actually wasn't referring to that really. The open world events that have been introduced are bigger than I expected, and the more structural changes to the game are bigger than any of the content stuff.

That said, I really liked the story instance and can't wait to see where this goes in two weeks. I'll have plenty to keep me occupied til then :p

Yep, just finished the opening ceremony. Very interesting, I can't wait to see where this storyline goes.

Also I didn't see it mentioned in the patch notes, but I like when you pick up coins now, it shows in text how much each is worth. A nice little touch.

Mxrz

Did the Pavailion till I stopped getting bags from Boom boom and company. Not sure the mechanics of it. Need to go back for the Grove & Human supporter stuff, but otherwise. Meh.

It does seem like that place would be absurd XP with a killstreak booster.

Queen's Jubilee killed WvW, Yaks Bend is a decent WvW server but after holding SM for 2 days fully pimped out The Queen pretty much executed us today.... the decent lead we had will probably we gone by Friday..

Arcteryx

Did the Pavailion till I stopped getting bags from Boom boom and company. Not sure the mechanics of it. Need to go back for the Grove & Human supporter stuff, but otherwise. Meh.

It does seem like that place would be absurd XP with a killstreak booster.

Yep, I was thinking of running an alt thru there with some XP boosts and seeing how it does. That, or since mats are so cheap now, just crafting them to 80 again.

Lunar15

Thanks for all the science tonight, guys. It was a lot of fun, easily one of the most interesting things I've done in the game.

Cels

It should put it in automatically when you put in the other 3 components, but it's possible it's bugged if that doesn't work.

no, it doesn't work at all. probably just another oversight by anet, which is funny because in the days leading up to the patch, people specifically asked about how forging would work with relics when they implemented the wallet system. also, no badges for doing wvw JPs, which i doubt is intentional. likely another missed interaction by anet.

not too worried though, they'll fix this stuff soon.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just finished hours of champ hunting all over Tyria with GAF. Some of the most fun I've had in game honestly. I have a whole lot to say about this patch (and honestly haven't even seen half of what it has yet) but for now I just wanted to share some preliminary info we've pieced together with regard to champion loot drops and the the things we might uncover.

I will say though, like the Feb. patch before it, ArenaNet has once again quietly changed the available pool of in-game activities for the better by introducing a new set of guaranteed extrinsic rewards. Just hopping all over hunting for new champion types, I made about 3g literally from just the silver- not selling a single mat or anything but a handful of blues whenever there was a merchant handy. But the real reward was a side effect... in chasing leads all over the world, literally every single one of us in the group saw something at least once which we had never seen in the game before. We're talking people with 1000+ hours of play, easy. Certainly not the most efficient or lucrative way to play, but a ton of fun and still totally relevant.

Anyway, here's the initial stuff we learned:

Families: Champion families are really broad. First off, high-level categories such as the dragon minions (Icebrood, Destroyer, Risen, Branded) take precedence over subtypes. So Risen Megalodons, Risen Drakes, Risen Humans, and the Eye of Zhaitan are all just Risen. Other types of monsters with similar traits are also grouped together in families even if they seem like completely different types, like Trolls, Ogres, Giants and Ettins. Finally, it appears that there are a number of groups that simply don't have a box that makes any sense tied to them and have nothing in common- Icebrood, Destroyers, and Ghosts (at the least) drop "Gilded Strongboxes." I suspect this is the generic loot box for families of champs that haven't had their own introduced yet.

Drops: All Champs, regardless of zone, level, type, etc., have a high chance of dropping an Exotic version of their loot box. These can contain T5 and T6 mats, cores, lodestones, Scrolls of Knowledge (account bound skill points), loot at your level (blue-exotic), and of course very rarely, unique weapon skins. You can also get a version of the box with a different rarity, from Common to Rare, based on the level of the zone you're in. Whites in 1-15 zones, Greens in 40-50 zones, etc. These have materials at the equivalent tier to their rarity, and can still have loot tied to your level up to at least Rare quality.

We didn't get any skins in our hunts, so I don't have the data I really want yet- if skins are tied to certain bag types. Conceptually it seems likely, though. If you get a drop, please make a note of the kind of bag you opened for it!

Types: We identified 14 unique kinds of loot bags, all clearly and consistently tied to mob families.

These are the bags we found:
  • Aetherblade, Inquest, Dredge: Deluxe Gear Box
  • Pirate: Embroidered Coin Purse
  • Flame Legion: Elaborate Ritualist Bag
  • Quaggan, Krait, Largos: Shell Pouch
  • Destroyer, Icebrood, Ghost: Gilded Strongbox
  • Branded: Branded Strongbox
  • Risen: Gilded Coffer
  • Centaur/Warbeast: Embroidered Saddlebag
  • Troll/Ogre/Giant/Ettin: Oversized Rucksack
  • Skale/Spider/Karka/Wurm/Shark: Fallen Adventurer's Backpack
  • Grawl: Tribal Satchel
  • Hylek: Beaded Pouch
  • Ooze: Slime-Covered Strongbox
  • Harpy: Embroidered Belt Pouch

There may be more, as there are definitely a few types we didn't get to try... namely: Drakes, Plants (Oakhearts/Mosshearts), Imps, Jotun, Elementals, Insects, Minotaurs, Moas, Raptors, Skelk, Skritt, Nightmare Court, Wind Riders, Devourers, Bats and Dolyaks... damn. However, it's definitely possible that no Champions whatsoever of these types exist. Please let me know if you do see and kill any, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom