• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

I don't think anyone had any doubts about where she was getting the info. I dunno, she's running a site that has guides, and she puts up info as she gets it. At least it's accurate.

For those that want it, it's there. I don't really have a problem with it.

I'm not exactly sure why, but it just irritates me. I mean, Hawkian was leading the group around the world last night to gather information, and has been sharing it on Reddit. Where others are sharing their info as well. The community is working to discover something new.

Meanwhile, Dulfy just gathers the information methodically and profits from it, playing the game only as much as needed to make Youtube videos and screenshots for her articles.

Also, it feels weird to keep referring to Dulfy as a 'her' when it is most likely a 'them', and much more likely a bunch of guys rather than gals.

I'm not mad, it's just... a pebble in my shoe; irritating.

I got up to level 76 in WoW, and the biggest events, that I took part in were 5 man instances. Yesterday in GW2, I fought a boss with so many people, that I had to lower graphic details. Shit was insane.

And I did that after 24 hours of playing on a lvl 23 character. This game simply rocks.

Yeah, scaling the content so everyone involved can partake is one of those little things that GW2 does that make you wonder "why did no other MMO do this before?"

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Good luck Kos!

On Dulfy's weapon locations skewing Queensdale, the typical Champs there span 4 different families, which definitely account for a large variety of different drops. Of course this actually has nothing to do with Queensdale or the specific mobs from which the stuff dropped. Her page on this is actually pretty tough to use as confirmation because often just an area or even event is mentioned rather than bag type. Shame :/ But they can't all be gold. I've gotten tons of interesting reports on reddit.

hythloday

I think Dulfy is just Retro's Annoyance of the Week, next week it will be rude people at the grocery store or an off-center road sign or something. :p

So I repaired my GW2 file, and I'll log on to test it a little bit tonight to see if I still have the crash problem when I play. Basically what happens is the system locks up and usually displays a stripey screen. When I was in a dark area in game it was black with dark gray stripes, in Diessa Plateau my screen turned dark orange. I'm guessing it's graphics-related, because it only happens when I'm playing GW2 and that's the only graphics-heavy game I have. I uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers last night which did not help at all.

It's times like this I wish I was a little tech savvy. My computer is a basic Dell, customized off the website. There have been two instances where I've actually ventured into "open up the PC" territory. One was to install a new graphics card and once I replaced a network card. The network card was pretty easy but the graphics card was frustrating and it turned out my power supply wasn't strong enough for what I bought and I wasn't getting into replacing THAT, too. It's something I could probably learn given enough time, but I guess I'm not that interested.

Also Kos are you going to be a lawyer?

I got up to level 76 in WoW, and the biggest events, that I took part in were 5 man instances. Yesterday in GW2, I fought a boss with so many people, that I had to lower graphic details. Shit was insane.

And I did that after 24 hours of playing on a lvl 23 character. This game simply rocks.

Can be alittle double edged sword at times as I feel im missing out if I dont head to the bi weekly events. I have no real grasp on what my character is actually doing, last mission I did was helping my dad(?) escape from my home town? and he weekly stuff just throws NPCs at me who I have no clue about.

Atleast with say WoW of FFXI I knew if I headed to X zone it would lead to Y.
Maybe its just so radically different I find it hard to adjust? Still its pretty fun anyways

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I said "Kuma do something cute!"
i46pCWByYb5qZ.gif

9:00PM EDT, Timberline Falls, in roughly 2.5 hours: we hunt. Be there!

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
After wasting 3-4 gold and many hours today I would just like to take a moment to say I absolutely despise the person or persons who thought up that Liadri fight. Thank you and good day.

Retro

I think Dulfy is just Retro's Annoyance of the Week, next week it will be rude people at the grocery store or an off-center road sign or something. :p

Rude people at the grocery store do suck. They stand in the middle of the aisle yapping on their cellphone, blocking your path or access to something you just want to get off the shelf. And when you politely say "excuse me" they get this insane look in their eyes like you are inconveniencing them.

Fuck rude people at the grocery store.

I don't are about off-centered road signs. That bugs the OCD-part of me, but it doesn't make me mad.

Atleast with say WoW of FFXI I knew if I headed to X zone it would lead to Y.
Maybe its just so radically different I find it hard to adjust? Still its pretty fun anyways

Having played so many MMOs, not having everything placed in very linear paths is kind of refreshing. GW2 does have that to some degree; Caledon Forest flows into Brisbane and Kessex, both the next level-appropriate zones... but within the zones themselves it feels like there's a lot less direction; you just pick a horizon and head towards it and the events pop up around you or an NPC flags you down to point you to one.

Now that we know EQN will be level-less, I can't help but wish ArenaNet had stuck to their guns and kept levels out of GW2 as originally planned. I mean, it's not like levels matter that much now; I can still solo mobs several levels above me, and all of the new content is scaled (assuming I didn't have an 80, that is)... it's just that I can sort of imagine what Orr would be like if all the mobs were viable targets from the atart, because then the difficulty of the fights would just have to be tremendous...

Then again, given the pathetic amount of rage and tears going on over SOE's decision to drop the Trinity, I'm sure it would just be one more thing that the average MMO player would refuse to get their head around...

Jira

So I repaired my GW2 file, and I'll log on to test it a little bit tonight to see if I still have the crash problem when I play. Basically what happens is the system locks up and usually displays a stripey screen. When I was in a dark area in game it was black with dark gray stripes, in Diessa Plateau my screen turned dark orange. I'm guessing it's graphics-related, because it only happens when I'm playing GW2 and that's the only graphics-heavy game I have. I uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers last night which did not help at all.

It's times like this I wish I was a little tech savvy. My computer is a basic Dell, customized off the website. There have been two instances where I've actually ventured into "open up the PC" territory. One was to install a new graphics card and once I replaced a network card. The network card was pretty easy but the graphics card was frustrating and it turned out my power supply wasn't strong enough for what I bought and I wasn't getting into replacing THAT, too. It's something I could probably learn given enough time, but I guess I'm not that interested.

Also Kos are you going to be a lawyer?

Sorry to be the one to tell you this but your GPU is indeed on the way out.

hythloday

Sorry to be the one to tell you this but your GPU is indeed on the way out.

Perhaps the silver lining is that I may be getting a shiny new one in the near future.

May as well throw in a stick of RAM because why not.

And lemon scent maybe. It's like a car wash, right? You can have them add a scent when they wax the outside? No? Ah hell.

hythloday

Not a lawyer, a licensed engineer for Ontario at least.

Need to do this law and ethics test and 4 years (1 more to go) work experience before I can have my Kos Luftar P.Eng designation.

Awesome. I always like knowing about the real people behind the silly character names in guild chat.

I have been playing for 45 minutes so far, and no hiccups yet. I know I'm on borrowed time, but yay.

Ashodin

Awesome. I always like knowing about the real people behind the silly character names in guild chat.

I have been playing for 45 minutes so far, and no hiccups yet. I know I'm on borrowed time, but yay.

I wouldn't tempt fate and only log on for the event tonight, but I know you have to get up early.

Noticed increased loading times.
Checked reddit gw2 page.
"Try deleting local.dat file"
Deleted the wrong .dat file.
Damn my left-clicking muscle memory.
Now re-downloading 17+ GB.
Have fun with the champions run.
Kill one in my name.

Proven

Some pages have passed, and I wonder if I should bother quoting these...

Queen's Jubilee killed WvW, Yaks Bend is a decent WvW server but after holding SM for 2 days fully pimped out The Queen pretty much executed us today.... the decent lead we had will probably we gone by Friday..
As someone on Kaineg, I feel your pain, but I really want to kick your server's ass.

Effect culling is poorly implemented. In a situation where:

a. you are in a zerg AND
b. there are lots of effects

You will not be able to see enemy red AoE circles. You don't know if you will be dodging into a spell effect.

For example, Wiggin in the Crown Pavilion litters red AoE circles in large patterns. When fighting in a zerg, you might be able to see 4-5 of the circles when infact there are 10-20 all around him. You walk away thinking you are doing great, when BAM~ you downed.
I knew it was going to be buggy/need tweaking. But hey, that's one of the reasons it's opt in.

and they've just rolled back my account! Madness! Unbanned, access restored and a rollback all in less than 24 hours. Great support Anet :)

I'm happy for you.

hythloday

I said "Kuma do something cute!"

9:00PM EDT, Timberline Falls, in roughly 2.5 hours: we hunt. Be there!

Is Kuma made of clouds? Because that's the level of softness I am imagining. So much fur.

I am gonna play it safe and not play in the event tonight so have fun!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Noticed increased loading times.
Checked reddit gw2 page.
"Try deleting local.dat file"
Deleted the wrong .dat file.
Damn my left-clicking muscle memory.
Now re-downloading 17+ GB.
Have fun with the champions run.
Kill one in my name.
It's like a tragic poem... sorry my man.
Is Kuma made of clouds? Because that's the level of softness I am imagining. So much fur.

I am gonna play it safe and not play in the event tonight so have fun!
She's basically clouds. Best pillow. Sometimes I can't find her in her fluff.

So sorry about your PC, Hope all goes well with a new GPU

Arcteryx

Holy crap. We've got an EPIC farm going on in Frostgorge atm; the zerg size rivals some of the zergs we field in T1 WvW lol.

Got a fat 250 stack of those Gilded Coffers :p

SirKhalid

This might be my most profitable night... In 5 hours I made 11g from drops + 18g from 4 exotics I found. I got a tons of crafting mats too.

imBask

Banned
being new to active Guild/WvW action, taking Hills from SoR in a 1h45 min battle felt amazing

i'm addicted to this game again

Luigi87

Dear Arah 4, I will never visit you again.
NEVER. EVER. AGAIN.

Had to leave the champ hunts early... after nearly six hours of Arah, I need to eat, shower, and sleep for work at 6AM @_@

Anno

So many champs, so few (land-based) weapons. Still a fun time! I love that zone so much. Really hard to beat the Aetherblade events for champs, though, and I hope that kind of scaling expands to every event in the future.

Sophia

That was so much fun. Five level ups and 3g in gold. By the way, someone said they wanted that Impaler? I'd be willing to part with it for a fraction of the trade post price to a GAFfer.

That was so much fun. Five level ups and 3g in gold. By the way, someone said they wanted that Impaler? I'd be willing to part with it for a fraction of the trade post price to a GAFfer.

Awesome of you! I don't want it, but that's a really nice gesture to offer it at a discount to guild mates.

Fun times showing Timberline Falls what's up everybody.

Sophia

Awesome of you! I don't want it, but that's a really nice gesture to offer it at a discount to guild mates.

Err. Don't think too highly of me. It's an underwater weapon, and I'm not level 80. It has no value in my eyes. :p

But yeah, I'd rather see someone who's level 80 in the guild make use of it than it going up on the Trade Post.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Holy crap. We've got an EPIC farm going on in Frostgorge atm; the zerg size rivals some of the zergs we field in T1 WvW lol.

Got a fat 250 stack of those Gilded Coffers :p
Gilded Strongboxes >:|

So many champs, so few (land-based) weapons. Still a fun time! I love that zone so much. Really hard to beat the Aetherblade events for champs, though, and I hope that kind of scaling expands to every event in the future.
Tonight was fun. I really enjoy all these guild events we do makes this game interesting :)

Just an awesome, extraordinary turnout for our first inaugural champion hunt. You guys are the best. :)

Even though Timberline is nor the best in the Champion department, we found 3 or 4 that aren't mentioned on the wiki's list of champs or Dulfy's guide. All that plus the crazy scaling up of the Aetherblade attacks and I still managed to walk out (well, fly in a balloon out) with over 2g. Just so good. Got a bunch of zone completion for it as well. And science! Fleshreavers are in the same family as Flame Legion, weirdly enough. Impaler can drop from Shell Pouches, and Rockweed Spire from Gilded Coffers (Risen).

Thanks again to all. We're thinking about doing another next week in Blazeridge!

Oh and then the next update will be less than a week away.

Blazeridge yes! I can put off my map completion I need there until then!

Blazeridge and cursed shore are all that stand in my way to 100% map completion. It's such a grind trying to finish that up.

Roxie finished before me. She has more motivation.

Gilded Strongboxes >:|

Just an awesome, extraordinary turnout for our first inaugural champion hunt. You guys are the best. :)

Thanks again to all. We're thinking about doing another next week in Blazeridge!

Oh and then the next update will be less than a week away.

Im up for this!

jersoc

Rude people at the grocery store do suck. They stand in the middle of the aisle yapping on their cellphone, blocking your path or access to something you just want to get off the shelf. And when you politely say "excuse me" they get this insane look in their eyes like you are inconveniencing them.

Fuck rude people at the grocery store.

I don't are about off-centered road signs. That bugs the OCD-part of me, but it doesn't make me mad.

good bless 24 hour stores and getting off at 1am. NO ONE EVER!

also, did you guys figure out where that purple looking hammer drops? I'm guessing something along twilight dudes.

Katoki

good bless 24 hour stores and getting off at 1am. NO ONE EVER!

also, did you guys figure out where that purple looking hammer drops? I'm guessing something along twilight dudes.

Entropy – Hammer – [&AgGkrwAA]
Drops from: Risen champions and Frozen Maw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom