• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

The misinformation in my year one thread is unfortunate.

It was to be expected. I wouldn't dwell on it. There was actually a surprising amount of positive stuff, but yeah, any GW2 post on the gaming side is just going to get attacked.

There's a weird sense of bitterness about the game that I don't understand. If you don't like the game, just don't like it. Pointing out faults is fine, but sometimes this goes beyond that. It's like there are people who genuinely despise the people making it.

Trey

It shouldn't be. At least not as oppressively as the trinkets were.

Anet should also implement a way to Ascend regular armor. No Mystic Forge/RNG nonsense, either.

It honestly feels like we're moving towards Kralkatorrik, if we're moving towards any dragons at all.

That being said, I always got the impression that, of the dragons that are currently active, Jormag was the toughest. That was Destiny's Edge's reasoning at least. Primordus is probably the baddest of the bad though.

I think Karlk is definately next on the hit less, then Jormag. Primordius maybe after that, or saved for the last. Jungle and Deep Sea need to fit in there somewhere though.

The way I see it:

Kalrk: Crystal desert, domain of the winds. Tengu become playable. Story focus on humans and tengu.

Jormag: expac focusing on the northern lands, of the shiverpeak and blood legion homelands. Story forcus on Norn, Char

Jungle dragon: Jungle zones, obviously, perhaps introducing ogres as playable (they did send an ambassador, after all). Aforementioned Sylvari spoiler form above here as well. Story focus is Sylvari,

Deep sea dragon: Other half of Orr, some sea based zones, introduction of Quaggan as playable. Those assassin creatures also play heavily into this one. Story focus on quaggan, assian thingies, Krait.

Primordius: Tyria subsurface zones, realm of the dwarves, Asura homelands. Dwarf and Asura focus, obviously.

Somewhere along the line they deal with what happened to the human gods, Polymog minigame, and the setup for Guild Wars 3.

Jira

Do we know if ascended armor will be time-gated? Part of me hopes it is and part of me hopes it isn't.

Yes, it will be. Read here:

We’ll expand all crafting professions to allow them to reach a new milestone: 500 points!

At 500, crafters will be able to craft ascended weapons and armor. Once you reach 500, a new tier of crafting materials will be available to you; this new tier of materials will be made by combining lower tier materials. This tier is time-constrained, so each item can only be made once per day in order to help give high-level crafters their own economy of items to build and sell that retain their value and rarity.
Granted we don't know if crafting will be the only way to obtain the armor.

TrounceX

can't wait for the reset tonight, i'm in blackgate and we got blown the fuck out this week lol

Muahaha!

Greetings from SoR. See you on the battlefield tonight.

Blackgate will win this next week btw. Word on the street is that jQ is going back to their old ways of 2v1 SoR. It's ok though, we've been conditioned to fight on two fronts.

imBask

Banned
Muahaha!

Greetings from SoR. See you on the battlefield tonight.

Blackgate will win this next week btw. Word on the street is that jQ is going back to their old ways of 2v1 SoR. It's ok though, we've been conditioned to fight on two fronts.

if we end up in tier 2 next week, of course we're going to trample our way back into tier 1 :p

Levyne

Banned
Hmm. Part of me is glad because I can then simply keep on track at get my armor slowly but surely and not feel compelled to drop everything and get 4 sets of armor for my 80s on day 1. On the other hand it will be annoying to have a headpiece...and then boots..and then pauldrons...and then..

Proven

It's funny cause those people are so sick of playing WoW but when a game comes along that isn't like WoW at all they bitch that it isn't WoW. It's funny that Wildstar isn't receiving much attention considering it pretty much is a redo of Vanilla style hardcore mechanics mixed with more modern combat and skill systems with an art team of ex-WoW devs. Seems to be the very thing those people are looking for yet they don't realize it exists. Either that or the hardcore market is insanely tiny (contrary to what the hardcore would want you to believe). I had run the numbers back when WoW was at it's height and based on Blizzard's official numbers, less than 1% of the entire 12 million playerbase did the hardcore heroic raiding and ~7% did normal raiding.

The low percentages strike me as the primary reason Wildstar is planned to be subscription based, and if they're right then I'm glad they saw through the "player wants _____" bullshit to put out a successful enough product.

Ashodin

This feels like a weird thread to post right after making the info graphic post. I know the rule is new threads for new news, but it really comes off as just trying to sell the game, particularly since both threads were the same person.

Jira is the GW2 man, he posts GW2 posts. Simple as that.

Jira

We will not be changing WvW ranks or WxP to be account bound. However, we are going to be implementing a host of changes that should make this seem less like some sort of punishment(a categorization I disagree with entirely) and more of a character progression system. The first step is the liquid WXP that is being added to the rank up chests which is account-bound. We are planning additional systems as well. Hopefully, as we continue to announce some of those changes, you will be happier with the system.

Jira

The amount of butthurt around the internet in regards to GW2's success always makes me think of this moment:

5s9fUtV.png

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That comment about WXP is eerily similar to a reddit post I once made guessing at their vision for it being character-based.

Jira

That comment about WXP is eerily similar to a reddit post I once made guessing at their vision for it being character-based.

Hawkian is actually Colin in disguise with a voice modulator for his mic to sound like someone else hence why Colin has never come into mumble.

Hawkian is actually Colin in disguise with a voice modulator for his mic to sound like someone else hence why Colin has never come into mumble.
What a twist that would be.

Will be away this weekend, hopefully it makes the weekend go by quicker so we can get dat update.

Just need to figure out how I can "work" from home that day or how I can get sick so I don't have to work.

Luigi87

Okay, so proven how the gauntlet can glitch out matches (I got warped into it with with a guy doing the first match, while I was doing Deadeye). Cost me 20s as a result.

Basically if a person queues up, then runs far away, it will take them longer to load into the gauntlet arena due to the distance, so it will load them, and then it will load the next person as well.

A bit dilatory, but a huge thanks to Shoes for partying with me during the Liadri fight and thus allowing me to use the "Call Target" function, which was immensely helpful in tracking her during phase 2 of the fight.

I've partied with Shoes a time or 2, good teammate.

I'm almost to the point where I feel I will be the last person to kill Liadri, if I get that far.

Oh well. I like a challenge, but if a challenge takes an hour or two of failure, I will move along folks.

Oh well. I like a challenge, but if a challenge takes an hour or two of failure, I will move along folks.
That's a great mentality to take with this game, especially being an MMO. I never want this game to feel like a job; just something to kick back to after a long day and banter with the fine folks of [GAF], occasionally groaning at Retro's puns.

Cels

I've partied with Shoes a time or 2, good teammate.

I'm almost to the point where I feel I will be the last person to kill Liadri, if I get that far.

i've only had the chance to log in two times since the patch hit on aug 6th so i doubt i'll have the time to kill liadri, so you're not alone.

the gauntlet is supposed to come back though so you can kill her later i assume. not sure if you will be able to still get the mini though, although i find it hard to care about minis because the current implementation is a little lacking, still i will be a little disappointed if the mini goes away forever even though the gauntlet is coming back at a later date.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That's a great mentality to take with this game, especially being an MMO. I never want this game to feel like a job; just something to kick back to after a long day and banter with the fine folks of [GAF], occasionally groaning at Retro's puns.

no screw that I am killing this glowy bitch no matter how long it TAKES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom