• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

Please be advised that a new build will available in the next hour or two.

tumblr_mc3hg5VpQP1qcy0p7o1_500.gif

Oh wait, I'm at work.

Lunar15

The big surprise is that it's actually Trahearne's speech. One full hour of Trahearne speaking about his accomplishments. About how he defeated the Molten Alliance, thwarted the consortium, and foiled the plans of Mai Trin and the Aetherblades. All by himself.

2169924-kappa.png

hythloday

*looks at hythloday's steam username*[/I]

Oooh... yes... yes you are. >_>;

In reality I am quite nice and not mean :(

Fun fact: the only times Retro has slept on the couch was when he was sick. And there was a time one of our cats had dental surgery and when we brought her home, she was really loopy and freaked out from the anesthesia and pain meds. She was hiding under the covers so he slept on the couch to not disturb her. That's right, Batman gave up his entire side of the bed for a scared kitty cat.

/End derail!

I can't wait to be able to play tonight.

Edit: nananananananana CAT DAD

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Loving the implication that we're holding out on you here. Two faces of Baron Aloha indeed!

Let's recap, shall we?

Retro posted a large block of text, with bold and red lettering and all saying there is a major update planned and a people are talking about things they've read on other sites. I then asked what the rumored changes were and all that was posted is some event text that doesn't even make much sense because it lacks any sort of context... and you can't see why I would get the impression that people are holding out on info? Really? How could anyone assume this was a bigger update than the typical sort of living story thing ANet has done in this game based on that text alone?

And loving the fact that this somehow makes me two faced.

If that's all there is, then fine. But Retro's post makes it sound like much more than that.

Sorry if I came across as "uncivil". I honestly just felt like I was being jerked around.

Retro didn't allude to anyone knowing anything now. His post was just one that was meant for those of us who play once the update hits, while others are still at work/school.

Because usually as soon as it hits, those of us who can go in game start immediately posting about what's going on.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Let's recap, shall we?

Retro posted a large block of text, with bold and red lettering and all saying there is a major update planned and a people are talking about things they've read on other sites. I then asked what the rumored changes were and all that was posted is some event text that doesn't even make much sense because it lacks any sort of context... and you can't see why I would get the impression that people are holding out on info? Really? How could anyone assume this was a bigger update than the typical sort of living story thing ANet has done in this game based on that text alone?

And loving the fact that this somehow makes me two faced.
:-/

You're not going to pull me into any sort of drama here. That was meant to be a lighthearted reference to a game that we both love. I have nothing against you, and if you will forgive a 9th grade psych hat for a second, you're sort of exhibiting classic irrational hostility in the wake of trauma. I am sure you've been through something hellish and if you want to talk about it via PM or anything I'd be happy to.

Many are assuming this is a larger-than-typical Living Story update specifically because we have so very, very little information about it. That is to say, barely anything at all. The Queen is supposed to be giving a speech. Someone named Scarlet appears to be planning to interfere. That's it... we've really intentionally been kept in the dark. Usually, by this point we have so much information as to have actually seen the new content played on video. But this time- nothing.

Retro's announcement regarding spoilers is there precisely because nobody actually knows anything legitimate yet. Data miners have uncovered some things we aren't supposed to know yet and many of us don't want to; thus the request to post anything that is heard at all with spoiler tags. Until the update hits, we have nothing concrete. And after that point, a majority of this thread is likely still going to be in school or work for hours. I apologize if it appeared at any point like people were intentionally keeping information from you.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
:-/

You're not going to pull me into any sort of drama here. That was meant to be a lighthearted reference to a game that we both love. I have nothing against you, and if you will forgive a 9th grade psych hat for a second, you're sort of exhibiting classic irrational hostility in the wake of trauma. I am sure you've been through something hellish and if you want to talk about it via PM or anything I'd be happy to.

Many are assuming this is a larger-than-typical Living Story update specifically because we have so very, very little information about it. That is to say, barely anything at all. The Queen is supposed to be giving a speech. Someone named Scarlet appears to be planning to interfere. That's it... we've really intentionally been kept in the dark. Usually, by this point we have so much information as to have actually seen the new content played on video. But this time- nothing.

Retro's announcement regarding spoilers is there precisely because nobody actually knows anything legitimate yet. Data miners have uncovered some things we aren't supposed to know yet and many of us don't want to; thus the request to post anything that is heard at all with spoiler tags. Until the update hits, we have nothing concrete. And after that point, a majority of this thread is likely still going to be in school or work for hours. I apologize if it appeared at any point like people were intentionally keeping information from you.

I appreciate this post. I don't want to cause any drama either. What you said about irrational hostility really hit me in the face when I read it. I feel like a jerk now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dude, it's really okay. I've had a number of people close to me in my life undergo traumatic events and exhibit all kinds of behavior over time, and it's impossible to always be cognizant of it.

This thread is a big ol' circle of friends and we would LOVE to give you some (properly spoiled-tagged) info, but we are seriously in the calm before the storm right now. You can see this page, which is basically the total repository of information about this patch we've got and it's clearly... well, yeah.

markot

Banned
The big surprise is that it's actually Trahearne's speech. One full hour of Trahearne speaking about his accomplishments. About how he defeated the Molten Alliance, thwarted the consortium, and foiled the plans of Mai Trin and the Aetherblades. All by himself.

2169924-kappa.png
And you get to push him down the hole.

And he blows up like the emperor in star wars.

Cut to every city celebrating with fire works, asura dancing in bear costumes.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Err well, here are mine.
jxA8APJYRhVSP.png

Feels really good to me. You'll probably have to mess with them to get it to a point you like best.

This didn't quite do it but it did lead me to the "diagonal setting" which gave me the ability to adjust it to my liking.

The L1 one on the Xbox controller is bothering me though. It's not a giant button like on the Logitech and is a bit too high...my index finger now hurts after using it earlier today. (have it assigned as Left-Shift, for using utilities) Hoping I get used to it or else...the finger will have to go.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Perfection is being cross-dominant! Huzzah. :p

I'm ambidextrous but certain tasks need to be completed by certain hands.

Scissors go to right hand, holding a fork goes to left, anything with sports goes to right, writing goes to left...toggling utilities in GW2 goes to left.

I like to chalk it up to OCD and maximum efficiency.

Sophia

Ambidexterity is hot!
I'm ambidextrous but certain tasks need to be completed by certain hands.

Scissors go to right hand, holding a fork goes to left, anything with sports goes to right, writing goes to left...toggling utilities in GW2 goes to left.

I like to chalk it up to OCD and maximum efficiency.

Cross-dominance isn't the same as Ambidexterity, although Ambidexterity is a type of cross-dominance. If you can do things equally with both hands, you're ambidextrous. If you're like me and you write with one hand, but cut your steak, hold your knife, bowl, and fire a gun with your other, you're cross-dominant. :p

Retro

I can't remember which one it was, but one took longer than usual recently.... ah well.

Cutthroat Politics update that was pushed back until almost 3pm, I remember because Hythloday was sick that day and we commented that she could have gone to work and still made the update.

The last one though was super fast because they finished the 6 hour maintenance early.

does the stream go live at 12pm EST?

12 PDT, that's 3pm EDT.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Cross-dominance isn't the same as Ambidexterity, although Ambidexterity is a type of cross-dominance. If you can do things equally with both hands, you're ambidextrous. If you're like me and you write with one hand, but cut your steak, hold your knife, bowl, and fire a gun with your other, you're cross-dominant. :p
That's kind of wild. Is there any rhyme or reason to which hand is dominant at which activity?

Sophia

That's kind of wild. Is there any rhyme or reason to which hand is dominant at which activity?

It's related to body laterality. I have preference for the left side of my body for everything (Eyes, Feet, Legs, etc) except my hand, which I tend to have preference for the right. I blame this on silly teachers growing up. =p

On that note, I have awful handwriting. :(

"An hour or two" is as inappropriately used as "a couple of". It's a specific number, but people usually use it to mean three or four.

Yeah, it's actually worded in a way that says it can be longer, but I like taking stuff literally for the sake of hilarity! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom