• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
TERA combat is clearly awesome, and I only even got to try one class. It's got a great engine. If that game was a combat arena or action-adventure with RPG elements I'd even pay money for it.

Full disclosure would be that I play with a gamepad, and it feels very satisfying (with all the classes I've spent considerable time with). I honestly don't find the default keyboard and mouse controls to be that natural.

This part is important. Playing with a gamepad feels at least 3x more fun to me; it's like a good action game with the depth of an MMO.

edit: definitely do NOT approve of there being any more than 6 elder dragons

Completely agreed on that. Introducing more of something that was appealing precisely for their uniqueness is always a bad move.

I haven't been playing any GW2 lately, let's see if I can set some time aside for at least checking on this update. Dragon's Crown has me entirely enthralled.

markot

Banned
The problem is enemies seem to pop out of no where.

Why can't the leader of the aether blades have been an asura from the personal story? And make it yourself if you did that personal story?

Why is the consortium kind of ignored now?

Why are the molten alliance joining in?

Traherne, Scarlett, canach... They all seem so stupid... They just pop up when they need a new dude to move the story forward. They take over the story then they're ignored.

I mean how did one sylvari seemingly mobilise an entire army that seems more threatening than freaking dragons?

Thinking about the PS and it reminded me that the way Anet handles Trehearne rubs me the wrong way in the same way that I hated the end of Starship Troopers
where Zim gets the credit after everything Rico's Squad went through leading up to the capture of the Brain Bug.

Seriously soured me so much when I first saw it.

jersoc

spent so much gold and a few gems on keys and got nothing.

only 7 damn scraps too. I probably should have just bought the damn skins off the TP :|

Trey

Tera's combat is the only other MMO's combat I could say I liked, although it is a step down for me because you can't move while using skills. Also, the rest of the game smothers the combat in standard genre design.

Complistic

I dont think you can buy them on the TP? They're only through the bl chests.

Pro tip: Don't get hung up on skins, because the new ones are 2 weeks away. Just get something you really like for you character and call it.

Unless you're ash who collects all the skins.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Zodiac skins are indeed available on the trading post.

Just under 3 hours until our guild event for anyone interested!

Oh no. Forgot event was today. I am at in-laws for dinner. Guess I will be missing this one.

Push it to 10pm just for me because I special.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Let's meet in our tavern in LA (the Crow's Nest) for old time's sake. Come reset, we'll be hopping to whatever world events pop up first.

Lunar15

I do love our little tavern. Screw the council, we're the most important gathering there.

That being said, it only increases my desire for a true guild hall.

Dec

Trying to get this last hint for the hints achievement and it's so damn frustrating. Have to join these peoples PvP matches to use the trebuchet to shoot shit but everytime someone is on it or it's constantly destroyed.

WHY. Why is this part of the hints achievement.

Ashodin

Pro tip: Don't get hung up on skins, because the new ones are 2 weeks away. Just get something you really like for you character and call it.

I have a problem
that can only be
rectified by
acquiring greatswords

V4371hP.jpg

(posted only for reference)

jersoc

I normally ignore black lion. But wanted the sword. Now I remember why I dont do it. I figured the scraps dropped OK but they dont. Its not a big deal big really. I'm OK giving anet money. Just wish I got something other than useless boosters

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Finally made it to a Guild event but had to leave after Jormag.

Banter on the Mumble is a bit slow though.

Anyways good times. I'll see if I can stay awake longer next time and be a bit more vocal.

Never seen the Golem before, it was fucking awesome looking.

Banter on the Mumble is a bit slow

It can be slow, but when it picks up, it PICKS up lol. Damn good people. Helpful too.

Edit: Good times with world events tonight everyone. Killing the same ol' thing for the 100th time is better with familiar faces. Thanks for getting these going guild leadership.

Mxrz

Yeah. Gaf is all quiet and polite on mumble. In comparison, my friends and I have the problem of everyone trying to talk at once. So our mumble is like one giant multi-accented mess during some dungeons/events. I haven't been blathering too much during the gaf Saturday night stuff since it makes it harder for new people to hear instructions. Could be the case with most people.

I forgot the gauntlet farms were changed. This should make finishing the gaunlet a little less annoying without the wait times.

Solo'd the playhouse earlier. Didn't get the flawless thing since I tabbled while fighting the first vet. Meh. Tried to group with a friend for the 3 minute bit, but the thing seems to scale way up. So many confusion stacks.

Levyne

Banned
It's both nice and not nice to have to wait on new maps for the invasions. I like them enough but don't want to repeat one for fun and then be committed to two more if they happen to be new maps. I mean, I know it's all optional e points anyway..

Had lots of fun with the gaf invasion groups I did run into. Ran into some gaf in wvw too. New wexp acquisition is nice. Went up nearly four ranks in a not long session. I know it'll feel like the new normal soon enough, though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's both nice and not nice to have to wait on new maps for the invasions. I like them enough but don't want to repeat one for fun and then be committed to two more if they happen to be new maps. I mean, I know it's all optional e points anyway..

Had lots of fun with the gaf invasion groups I did run into. Ran into some gaf in wvw too. New wexp acquisition is nice. Went up nearly four ranks in a not long session. I know it'll feel like the new normal soon enough, though.
Remember there are Clockwork Chaos dailies you can get the meta with too. If it's just about the achievement points here are going to be a lot of invasions between now and the 3rd.

I need to finish Taidha to check off the last box dang it

Katoki

Only newly obtained skins in select sets are tradable. In the past, we intended those skins to be account-bound and not tradable. After the change, these skins will remain account-bound and not tradable. We will continue to monitor the value of those skins, but at this time, there is no plan to make tradability retroactive.

You know, I never really thought much about being able to sell or being a reseller to this extent. So much anger. Click at own risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom