• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Also retconning personal story stuff is pretty weird. Almost as if they're trying to pull away from personal story... I'm fine with that.

Also I got linked to this page

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_credits

Damn there a lot of people on there

I will say that Sylvari do have a kind of "you're either in the Dream or the Nightmare" thing and Scarlet wanted above it

Ashodin

How are they retconning the story? There's no connection to the Infinity Ball that I've seen (but I haven't done the Funhouse).

I guess I mean the fact that she had something to do with the Snaff Prize part of the personal story that Asurans go through. She was there alllllllll along, you just didn't notice!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I will say that Sylvari do have a kind of "you're either in the Dream or the Nightmare" thing and Scarlet wanted above it
She doesn't seem to have any idea about it, but Scarlet shares that instinct with the much gentler Soundless, so there's some precedent.

I'm not sure if there's any retconning with the personal story or what. I vaguely remember stuff being sabotaged around the Snaff Prize. I don't really remember Teyo's role, it was prior to the Infinity Ball.

I guess I mean the fact that she had something to do with the Snaff Prize part of the personal story that Asurans go through. She was there alllllllll along, you just didn't notice!

I believe there are Snaff Prize winners every year. I haven't really seen anything that has said that she was at the Colleges recently.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Poking around the wiki got me to the bit about the original home of the Soundless before they were driven out by the Nightmare Court. Apparently there's a journal hidden there somewhere in Caledon, I've never seen it. Their attitude toward cutting themselves off from the Pale Tree was pretty different from ScarBri and it didn't come as easy.
I've had little success thus far during the daylight hours, but I find my nights have been quieter. My dreams seem to be my own.
I seem to be making progress. It'll be such a relief when my mind is my own, I thought I'd be frightened, alone in my head, without the voices of the other sylvari to guide me. But now I await it eagerly.
Classic example of random bits of lore being cooler than the presented mainline story

Mxrz

If you bringer lv to the invasion, say a lv 38, do you still get the two rares? what about the other rewards, like the satchels and stuff?

You'll get the end reward of various bags. Not sure if they'll still be exotic. You likely won't get the two-rare reward if you kill Scarlet since she seems to be treated as just another world boss, like Maw, and you don't get any rares there below 39.

Meatless Murder is driving me nuts. I should forget about it and do Liadri, cause that'll go so much better I'm sure.

Hurrrrugk.

I can agree with that. When aetherblades are attacking and overlapping the event where you have to collect samples to heal poisoned ebon vanguard...just not cohesive.

Yeah. What they should do is when these invasions start on a map, is to pause specific dynamic event from happening until the invasion passes. If the invasion fails, then you would have to clean up a few dynamic events worth of invaders to have most of the original dynamic events start back up again. It would be an okay balance of temporary inconvenience and a zone changing experience. But I do like how the invasion events were fighting other dynamic events. It reminded me of the Queen Wasp vs Champ Boar in Queensdale.

I heard about the free trial, so I figured I might as well give it a go.

I tried logging in with my old GW1 account, but it says that it is not eligible for the free trial. Am I going to have to create a different account just for trial purposes?

Rafterman

Banned

Anecdotal, but I picked up a Deathwish and Bonetti's Rapier this morning, so I think you're just unlucky. My warrior has also been getting a variety of gear; Rampager's, Berserker's, some cleric stuff but not really one specific stat weighting. I think I would have noticed.

I must be bugged. No luck, good or bad, lasts this long. I have honestly not gotten a single piece of gear out of an invasion box that didn't have healing on it in the last two days...not one. It's the weirdest thing ever. I just turned enough tokens for about 15 Warrior boxes and it's the same thing. Two days ago I was getting all kinds of stuff, even got a couple of exotics and now it's all healer trash.

Hmm. Are you able to be any more specific?

Is it just that you want the points for that individual achievement? It's not necessary for the meta, or to get access to the pavilion.

They lowered the amount of loot bogs you get as an end reward for failure. As for the achievement I'm sitting at 12/13 and it's worth more points than anything else in the bracket. I also can't seem to get two other ones to update no matter how many times I do them, so it's either this one or keep beating my head against the wall until the other two decide they want to update.

But then why do you continue to do them? For the achievement? Don't mistake my tone here, I'm inquisitive: is the reward of the achievement so compelling that you'd continue to do something you don't enjoy in order to get it? Why would you play a game in AFK when really you'd much rather be playing another game much more? I just don't get the self-punishment.

I did them originally because I was level 41 when I started them and they are a great leveling tool. I hit 80 this morning, so I no longer need the exp. As for the reward, finishing it is worth 25 points. It's also the last one I need in that group so that will give me another 50 points, which will in turn give me another chest. Nothing else I have will give me close to that amount of points with the same kind of effort. At the end of the day it's no different than farming VP or doing dailies in WoW. I do stuff I don't like all the time in games so I can get to the stuff I do like or get items I want. At least I'm not camping all weekend for J-Boots anymore. :)

Wallach

Poking around the wiki got me to the bit about the original home of the Soundless before they were driven out by the Nightmare Court. Apparently there's a journal hidden there somewhere in Caledon, I've never seen it. Their attitude toward cutting themselves off from the Pale Tree was pretty different from ScarBri and it didn't come as easy.

Classic example of random bits of lore being cooler than the presented mainline story

Way cooler, yeah. Scarlet and her arc seems like a Metzen joint. I hope it ends sooner than later.

hythloday

I heard about the free trial, so I figured I might as well give it a go.

I tried logging in with my old GW1 account, but it says that it is not eligible for the free trial. Am I going to have to create a different account just for trial purposes?

I think you'll need to create a new GW2 account, which can then be linked to the existing GW1 account.

Rafterman

Banned
Well that kicked ass. Just finished Playhouse and got both achievements that weren't updating previously, my Watchman's Tonic, my monthly, and my achievement chest all at the same time. Nice!

Katoki

You'll get the end reward of various bags. Not sure if they'll still be exotic. You likely won't get the two-rare reward if you kill Scarlet since she seems to be treated as just another world boss, like Maw, and you don't get any rares there below 39.

Hurrrrugk.

End reward that pops up on screen are exotic, I've done it with a sub 30 character. The UI chest holds true where she's treated as a zone meta boss and you get level related stuff.

Taffer

Decided to neck all my liquid karma when I saw a Heroes banner in LA while the guild karma buff was up.
Ten minutes of solid double-clicking was worth it for the bank space I reclaimed but I really want an easy way to use entire stacks in one go.

Map completion for WvW is based off of color, right? I swear I had 100% of our borderlands last time we were red, but now we're green and it's showing that I'm missing stuff in red. I just want my map completion =(

I had to say this but whoever made the Xpadder controller setup for Guild Wars 2 is the best. I can finally play this game good with a controller, and I can play for longer since my fingers aren't aching like usual.

So glad someone made one because while mapping controls isn't hard on Xpadder, actually knowing how to run it on the game is hard. I'm not a very technical guy so I didn't know how to make the setup actually compatible with the game I'm playing (which is mostly the reason I've been avoiding Xpadder lately).

So thanks, I'm enjoying the heck out of this game right now :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I had to say this but whoever made the Xpadder controller setup for Guild Wars 2 is the best. I can finally play this game good with a controller, and I can play for longer since my fingers aren't aching like usual.

So glad someone made one because while mapping controls isn't hard on Xpadder, actually knowing how to run it on the game is hard. I'm not a very technical guy so I didn't know how to make the setup actually compatible with the game I'm playing (which is mostly the reason I've been avoiding Xpadder lately).

So thanks, I'm enjoying the heck out of this game right now :D
;)

(and Weltall Zero!)

this had me laughing

49pDO.gif

All you officers rock. Just saying.

I've always avoided MMO's until this. 1, I cannot stand monthly fees, I have enough bills. 2, I've always heard that the community is full of assholes. Not GAF, not GW2. Great people, great game, and no monthly bill. Guild leadership is great. If anyone out there is on the fence, join up!

Thanks for the SE crash course tonight you 3. A couple of hiccups, but it was great fun.

And thank you for the main flow invites on the invasions those of you. Overflow sucks :/

See everyone at Saturday Night Fever!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Shucks, thanks :]

That was a really smooth first run, honestly. I've seen them go far worse, no comparison. The three golems, especially, can wipe unprepared groups. We got downed a couple of times but totally owned them, and your heals were a big part of it! Even experienced groups will sometimes kill one and then have to reset to kill the other two.

Back before the Champ change, we never used to run Kaeyi. He's(she's?) such a damage sponge, definitely now the toughest part of the run. If it goes right the first time, it's crazy fast.

Shucks, thanks :]

That was a really smooth first run, honestly. I've seen them go far worse, no comparison. The three golems, especially, can wipe unprepared groups. We got downed a couple of times but totally owned them, and your heals were a big part of it! Even experienced groups will sometimes kill one and then have to reset to kill the other two.

Back before the Champ change, we never used to run Kaeyi. He's(she's?) such a damage sponge, definitely now the toughest part of the run. If it goes right the first time, it's crazy fast.

Well thanks. Any tips you have, I'm all ears. Like I said in chat, I really hate to move on to another class until I'm proficient at my ele. You say my healing helped, so I guess I did ok :)

My build needs tweaked I know. So send some pro-tips this way!

Die less is step one...

Well thanks. Any tips you have, I'm all ears. Like I said in chat, I really hate to move on to another class until I'm proficient at my ele. You say my healing helped, so I guess I did ok :)

My build needs tweaked I know. So send some pro-tips this way!

Die less is step one...
The main thing about ele is... Movimiento es vida.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom