• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

They're permanent, but they're gonna slow down in the future. Probably after the 3rd they'll be down to 3-4 hours between each one.

Luigi87

Edit: Bleh new page

In regards to Frostgorge champ farm, It's exactly as Retro described it.
Soon benefit of it may even drop some, since it requires the use of three waypoints, and WP costs go back to normal on Sept. 3rd, so prices may add up.

Cels

i'm going to have a really crazy schedule for the next few months so don't believe i'll be playing that much but the great thing about gw2 is that i can come back any time.

not sure what this means i should do with my ~300 gold. letting it sit there would be the worst option, i'm thinking i should put it in gems or some other commodity, but conversion rates are so crazy right now, probably due to the sale + the new patch creating tons of new gold.

Ok, people I had been thinking about getting Guild Wars 2 for awhile and with the free weekend thing I decided to give it a go.

I chose a human guardian (I like Paladins) and played for a bit (did quests in Shaemoor Village and helped several people). Im lvl 5 now.

I chose the Stomrbluff Isle cause that is where GAF Guild is, so I hope I can join.

My name is Raijin Cain (with the number .1094).

Im enjoying the game a lot. Im pretty sure Im gonna get it. :)

Levyne

Banned
Press G to see the invite and you should see the option. That "represent" button determines which guild chat you see since you can be in multiple guilds but only rep one at a time.

Retro

@_@
Apparently I finally passed 1000 hours (and then some)

Those first 1000 hours fly by. Even doing the Infographic celebrating the game's first year, I have a hard time thinking it's been that long already. Can't wait to see what Year One + 2 weeks looks like, we should get some hints Tuesday.

Just want to let you guys know that GAF guild is dying no one in that guild even plays anymore.

Everyone should join GAF Overflow guild, it has a monthly membership fee and queues and it isn't dying like GAF Guild. Everyone in GAFoverflow will play as 3 classes, warrior, gurdian and Elementalist to form the holy trinity. Any other profession not wanted.

Retro

Just want to let you guys know that GAF guild is dying no one in that guild even plays anymore.

Everyone should join GAF Overflow guild, it has a monthly membership fee and queues and it isn't dying like GAF Guild. Everyone in GAFoverflow will play as 3 classes, warrior, gurdian and Elementalist to form the holy trinity. Any other profession not wanted.

OYJNS.jpg

Wow, they combined my gold and karma for all my classes. I noticed when I logged in as one of my lvl 30's (yeah I have 4 lvl 30's, did I mention I'm very indecisive?) that I had 2 gold and 30 silver. At first I thought they gave me free money until I had the same amount on my other character.

I'm not sure if I like this, or don't like this. Either way I guess I'm rich for a while.

Proven

Wow, they combined my gold and karma for all my classes. I noticed when I logged in as one of my lvl 30's (yeah I have 4 lvl 30's, did I mention I'm very indecisive?) that I had 2 gold and 30 silver. At first I thought they gave me free money until I had the same amount on my other character.

I'm not sure if I like this, or don't like this. Either way I guess I'm rich for a while.

Define "rich."

Your avatar is bothering me because I just finished watching that anime on Thursday. Well, I didn't dislike it...

Define "rich."

Your avatar is bothering me because I just finished watching that anime on Thursday. Well, I didn't dislike it...

Being a lvl30 and the most money I've ever had in my inventory was 80 silver. So 2 gold was actually a big deal for me from starting it up, especially coming from having only 80 silver.

I mostly have this avatar because I just recently watched it and the guy acts 100% like me. So I decided it was best to let him represent me on GAF.

Retro

Yeah, you'll need to log in to all of your characters to get your account-wide Wallet complete. All of your currencies are in one nice, convenient location.

Levyne

Banned
It's been fun getting back to some dungeon trains again the last few days.

Edit. Also I guess tentatively monday evening is KARKA QUEEN guild event, so check in for that if you want settler armor or simply enjoy guild shenanigans in general. Pending we have enough interest.

Well, that trial was a lot of fun.

I ran with a charr warrior and had a blast. Played with a couple of friends, one who was also in the trial and another who plays GW2 regularly, and it was great going around with him, as he showed us various aspects of the game world, like events and jumping puzzles. Just before he logged out, I gave him whatever gold I managed to farm in the game (1 gold 3 silver 45 bronze), in case he needed it for anything.

Finally, In the last 10 or so minutes of the trial,, I got 100% completion in the black citadel, and in a final push, I managed to hit level 20 which left me smiling as the game client kicked me from the game 2 or so minutes right accomplishing it.

It was wondrous seeing some of the sights in that game world, and spamming print screen every time I hit a vista location was great. I took a ton of screenshots which I'll be looking through afterward.

In the end, it might have been only a 2 day trial, but it felt like I played the game for a week.

Till next we meet, Baconous Maximus!

Arkanius

Guys a question.
I haven't played since Frost and Flame, and I missed that event.

Everything that has happened since then has been temporary and I'm out of luck playing that content right?

Ashodin

Guys a question.
I haven't played since Frost and Flame, and I missed that event.

Everything that has happened since then has been temporary and I'm out of luck playing that content right?

Yep. A lot of the stuff added has come back (activities, etc) but the story in general is gone, you'll have to look up what transpired. It's a "you had to be there" thing.

Arkanius

Yep. A lot of the stuff added has come back (activities, etc) but the story in general is gone, you'll have to look up what transpired. It's a "you had to be there" thing.

I always wanted for someone to do that

When I had time to play MMORPGs. My dream became true but I'm too busy to live it.
Oh well

I had so much fun with the first Karka event in Southsun Cove island. That shit was epic.

BrettWeir

Maybe you guys know more about this.....

Ascended armor. Any news out there on it? Besides that it's definitely coming in 2013? I ask because I put in some orders for a full set of Apothecaries armor. It sat for a couple days at the top of the offer list, with none fulfilled.....and then I remembered you guys mention Ascended armor coming soon, so I pulled my gold back off of the TP, canceling the orders.

Soooo, any idea as to how the Ascended stuff will compare cost-wise? I think someone mentioned a new tier of crafting supps coming. Will Laurels be part of the recipe's since all other Ascended gear requires Laurels? That would.......suck.

Retro

Till next we meet, Baconous Maximus!

Glad you had fun. Out of curiosity, is there any particular reason you don't want to take the plunge and get the full game? I know school is coming up, as is the busy fall schedule for game releases, but since there's no sub, you could still pick it up for an hour or two if you really wanted... assuming the temptation to sit in there all day can be resisted.
JUWnj.gif

Despite Pizzadin's response, you're not completely out of luck. Yes, the story has progressed, but things like the Super Adventure Box (due in the next update, actually), Molten Facility and Aetherblade Retreat (both as Fractals, due later this year) will be back. The rest of the stuff, though enjoyable at the time, doesn't really compare to the latest stuff (though I somewhat liked the longer burn of Flame and Frost's progression). Otherwise, everything else will be back around next year; the Bazaar, Dragon Bash, etc.

Ascended armor. Any news out there on it? Besides that it's definitely coming in 2013? I ask because I put in some orders for a full set of Apothecaries armor. It sat for a couple days at the top of the offer list, with none fulfilled.....and then I remembered you guys mention Ascended armor coming soon, so I pulled my gold back off of the TP, canceling the orders.

Soooo, any idea as to how the Ascended stuff will compare cost-wise? I think someone mentioned a new tier of crafting supps coming. Will Laurels be part of the recipe's since all other Ascended gear requires Laurels? That would.......suck.

The only thing we know about Ascended Armor is that it will be crafted, when they increase crafting to 500. We know that the new "Tier 7" materials used will be produced with older tier materials (i.e. Tier 7 Ore might require Mithril and Orichalcum), and that production will be limited to once per day, so as not to flood the market (though those materials are supposed to be un-bound, meaning you can buy and trade as normal). We don't know if Laurels will be involved, I doubt it but anything is possible, honestly.

No idea when it is coming, we've got a preview of the Sept 3rd update coming Tuesday, maybe it will be in there.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Nobody knows any of that stuff yet. Laurels themselves can't really be part of the recipe as they're not actually an item, but other than that it's all on the table. Generally speaking I wouldn't really recommend against acquiring the exotic armor you want for your build now. It will probably take some time to amass a full Ascended armor set regardless.

Lunar15

There, got up to 400 in all my crafting professions. Now I will most likely take an extended break from the game until the next update that really grabs me. (probably the next one)

So I just beat this Scarlet person with everyone else (my first time doing that btw) and she dropped all kinds of stuff. Some of the stuff she dropped was called PVP armor. So what do I do with it? Do I put in the bank, sell it, do I have some special PVP character I'm supposed to equip this on that I'm not seeing it?

Sorry for the noob question but I never got this far before.

Yeah, you'll need to log in to all of your characters to get your account-wide Wallet complete. All of your currencies are in one nice, convenient location.

I did that and I had over 5 gold once I logged in as all my characters. That's pretty cool. Too bad there's not much expensive stuff at lvl 37.

Trey

So I just beat this Scarlet person with everyone else (my first time doing that btw) and she dropped all kinds of stuff. Some of the stuff she dropped was called PVP armor. So what do I do with it? Do I put in the bank, sell it, do I have some special PVP character I'm supposed to equip this on that I'm not seeing it?

You can deposit it like materials. It will be stored in your PvP locker in the Mists ready for use when you go to the PvP mode. It's only equippable while in that area and in PvP arenas (which means you can't wear it in PvE or WvW).

Levyne

Banned
Pvp armor can be deposited into a locker. I'm guessing you got a achievement point chest when you killed her. If you can't deposit it it means you already have the skin in the locker and have to use a pvp salvage kit on it.

Retro

Hmm, I don't think that was from Scarlet; more likely, you got one of the Achievement chests for reaching a certain threshold. As Trey and Levyne said, you can just "Deposit all collectables" and it will go straight to your PVP locker. If you don't PVP much it's not worth much to you, but someday you might and you'll have a decent supply of cool skins for it waiting.

Thanks everyone, my PVP items are now deposited. Also you were all right, I got them from achievements. It seems beating Scarlet let me obtain 3 achievements at the same time (at least the newest ones that I saw). I never knew what achievements did before, but I guess now I know.

Katoki

Damn. I needed to grab stuff from those Southsun vendors when they are up but I work 6:30pm to 10:30pm eastern. Life hits again.

Retro

[/url]Mike Z confirms that what they will be showing off is what is coming in the September update, during the PAX event that they will live stream on Saturday.

Hideously unfunny show, skip directly to 6:45 to leapfrog the IGNorance.

Edit: Interviewer is a complete tool too, so even if you jump straight to the interview it's still full of fuck.
Edit2: No new details outside what Kos already posted, and their interviewer has all the charm of a sandpaper prophylactic.

Glad you had fun. Out of curiosity, is there any particular reason you don't want to take the plunge and get the full game? I know school is coming up, as is the busy fall schedule for game releases, but since there's no sub, you could still pick it up for an hour or two if you really wanted... assuming the temptation to sit in there all day can be resisted.
JUWnj.gif

2 reasons:

1.) I can't afford it right now. Family has hit a bit of a rough patch financially, so I'd rather not spend any money on games until things get a little better. Plus I need to save money for the second reason, which is:

2.) I do start university again next month, and I really need to bear down during these upcoming semesters if I want to do well. If I had GW2, it would be a distraction for me.

BrettWeir

The only thing we know about Ascended Armor is that it will be crafted, when they increase crafting to 500. We know that the new "Tier 7" materials used will be produced with older tier materials (i.e. Tier 7 Ore might require Mithril and Orichalcum), and that production will be limited to once per day, so as not to flood the market (though those materials are supposed to be un-bound, meaning you can buy and trade as normal). We don't know if Laurels will be involved, I doubt it but anything is possible, honestly.

No idea when it is coming, we've got a preview of the Sept 3rd update coming Tuesday, maybe it will be in there.

Thanks Retro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom