• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lulubop

Whoever in GAF guild is Thorr of Hoelbrek, thanks for coming along on CoE p2. It was good to have someone else who knew how to dodge ;p. (And thanks for saving our ass when I missed the dodge on the last fight).

You left the party at the end before I could ask who you were. First time I've seen GAF in game since our server was up against yours in WvW way back in...I dunno, November?

Hey that's me, were you the Guardian and was it the run were the thief got disconnected?

If so, then yea. Good stuff, do you run CoE a lot?

I kinda hope Super Adventure Box is here to stay this time.

Nah, it will only probably be for a month only. They said it will be a recurring thing, like Wintersday and Dragon Bash but I guess this will happen twice a year, which is even better for fans of it.

Luigi87

I am totally ready to run it over and over again for Bauble Bubbles and a hope at a skin!
... Oh and for the fun aspect too!

Also neat the Ascended Weapons are that update.

I am totally ready to run it over and over again for Bauble Bubbles and a hope at a skin!
... Oh and for the fun aspect too!

Also neat the Ascended Weapons are that update.

Wonder if this means they will have higher stats than current exotics...which means exotic weapon prices are going to drop?

If they increase the stats then that means my legendary should be getting stronger as well.

Luigi87

That's a good point.

Actually that means this will probably add the toggle for legendary weapons to switch between the damage types (IE: Knights, Berserker, etc)

Asd202

Well there's going to be an sneak peek at the new living story like always in about 30 minutes so we should just wait and see.Also at we should expect more announcements of what we'll see in game soon at PAX.

Hey that's me, were you the Guardian and was it the run were the thief got disconnected?

If so, then yea. Good stuff, do you run CoE a lot?

Yeah, I was the asura guardian. I run pretty much whatever dungeons I can, but yeah I have run CoE a lot. If you ever need someone send me a tell!

From mmorpg
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/...uper-Adventure-Box-Returns-September-3rd.html

It's back to school time, kiddies. Guild Wars 2 just announced that the beloved Super Adventure Box (from April Fools this year) is making a return to Tyria next week. On top of that, several crafting professions are having their level cap increased, along with the addition of craft-able Ascended Weapons. Read on for all the information on what the next GW2 update from ArenaNet brings.
Super Adventure Box originated as an April Fools’ Day joke earlier this year, but quickly became a fan favorite with its pixelated 3D graphics, retro music and nostalgic gameplay that stirred memories of video games from yesteryear. Designed in-game by Moto, a crafty asura, to be a virtual reality simulator to educate the younger generation, Super Adventure Box will take players back to school with new and more difficult challenges.
Players can get an early look at the update by joining a livestream with ArenaNet developers on Tuesday, Sept. 3, at noon (PDT) on the Guild Wars 2 Twitch channel.
Among the events, rewards and features that will be included are the following:
New Events
Continued Education: Players can continue their studies by going deeper into World 2, traveling through the Rapids, Pain Cliffs and Storm Top, where they’ll meet their lethal final exam in the form of the Storm Wizard. Unlocking new items and upgrades along the way will be the key to getting ahead.
Tribulation Mode: Moto’s newest challenge teaches resilience and non-linear thinking. Players will learn that life isn’t easy in this new, ridiculously difficult mode for all zones in Worlds 1 and 2.
New Rewards
Super Weapon Set: Players can acquire a stylish new look for their weapons by trading in Bauble Bubbles to earn the rest of the Super Weapon Skins.
King Toad and Storm Wizard Weapons: Showing their prowess in Super Adventure Box, players will earn the materials necessary for King Toad and Storm Wizard weapons.
Mini Princess Miya: Players can create their own mini Princess Miya by combining in the forge a mini Moto and elements of Princess Miya’s outfit.
New Features
Craft Ascended Weapons: New recipes and materials will be hidden around the world, and a new skill cap of 500 will be introduced for the Weaponsmith, Artificer and Huntsman crafting disciplines. Players crafting their way to 500 will become Grandmaster Crafters and can learn the secrets of crafting Ascended weapons.
Legendary Weapon Updates: Legendary weapons will receive a stat boost, an Offensive Infusion slot to align with new Ascended weapons and additional functionality, among other things.
Account-Wide Magic Find: Magic Find will be removed as an equipment stat and implemented as an account-wide bonus applied to all of a player’s characters.

Ashodin lied. Just weapons this time around.

I don't know what over-arching story implications SAB has yet but if it is going to be just the story in SAB and not relate to anything that has happened so far than I do not think they need to bring it back twice a year.

Hopefully the update in second half of September will continue the living story more because I have a feeling this one will not do that. This is all features and a mini-game. Love the features...min-games are dumb.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just like last week amirite.
01c7706-Super-Adventure-Box.jpg

What do I do with these queen tickets
They are for participating in the Queen's Gauntlet in the Crown Pavilion, by the waypoint in Divinity's Reach. Each match and gambit costs one ticket.
This felt really successful as I was doing it then I checked my bank and had been farming the T5 mat for lower end gear. It helped anyways because I got to upgrade my chest and legs to level 80 yellow now.
A stack of 50 potent bloods can be converted into 5-12 powerful bloods at the mystic forge (50 potent, 1 powerful, 5 crystalline dust, 5 philosopher's stones).
Hmm so Legendary weapons will recieve a stat boost to the level of ascended weapons?
Yes.

I should log in and buy all the crystalline dust.

Can we have some kind of farming train in ORR so we can stock up on T5-T6 mats (specifically, crystalline dust)?

nataku

Nice to see the legendary weapon change going in. Might have to work towards one now.

Strange to see them boost crafting to 500 for only three professions, though.

I'm wondering if Ascended Weapons will have new skins...

IMO, most mystic forge created weapons need to be automatically bumped up to ascended. There's no reason why something like Infinite Light should still be exotic after this patch, considering how much it costs to make.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Did Liadri again, after a week of not touching the Gauntlet.

Equipped my defense set along with a great sword of energy.

Beat her like it was nothing on my first try. Anyone who saw from above would have thought I was pro. (of course the pavilion is a ghost town) But I'm so scared it was just sheer luck that I refuse to go for the 8 orb achievement.

Remember you can salvage ectos.

I know but...I bet 250 stacks of ectos will be required in the making of crating of these Ascended items.

Or ectos might just be used to upgrade T6 materials to T7.

You guys think they should upgrade all Dungeon weapons to Ascended?

Asd202

I know but...I bet 250 stacks of ectos will be required in the making of crating of these Ascended items.

Or ectos might just be used to upgrade T6 materials to T7.

No upgrading anything other than legendaries and some MF weapons would be stupid this game needs something to aim for and not given out like candys.Besides the stat difference will be minimal knowing anet.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No upgrading anything other than legendaries and some MF weapons would be stupid this game needs something to aim for and not given out like candys.Besides the stat difference will be minimal knowing anet.
I think you're right both that there's no way dungeon gear will be broadly upgraded to ascended (it would be ridiculously easy to acquire), and that the stat boost for ascended weapons will be pretty light.

I'm psyched about the removal of Magic Find. So curious what happens to that gear, though I'll be selling my green set for the inventory space without hesitation.
Covers the weapon types. The other professions won't have anything new to make yet.
IMO, most mystic forge created weapons need to be automatically bumped up to ascended. There's no reason why something like Infinite Light should still be exotic after this patch, considering how much it costs to make.
I think there's definitely a reasonable assumption that any given ascended weapon shouldn't cost that much to make, so that's a fair point I guess. Would be nice to have a method of upgrading any exotic piece to ascended. I wouldn't really count on either.

Ascended weapons, like ascended gear upon its first release, will be very difficult to get rapidly once available. Over time, it will become easier to acquire as methods are added and costs fall across the board.

The best advice I can give anyone questing after an ascended weapon right when they come out is to try not to get frustrated with the real-life time it might take to acquire one. It's the price of being an early adopter, and only worthwhile if you won't be upset when that which you worked so hard at will be easier to get for others in the future.

The blog post by Colin about where the game is heading to in the last part of 2013 said that Ascended items will require 2 new ingredients to make. One will be craft-able by using all the other crafting material from T1-T6 and the other ingredient will be something you can only get 1 per day and it could be by completing a certain jumping puzzle.

Hmmmm armor must have gotten pushed back.
Wonder if they will also push Jeweler to 500 so we can craft ascended trinkets? I know there area already 3-4 different ways of getting ascended rings, amulets and earings but it wouldn't hurt if you could craft them as well.

What they also need to add is the option for us to craft our own back piece and underwater air-breather.

Nice to see the legendary weapon change going in. Might have to work towards one now.

The others will get bumped when the new legendary/legendary acquisition changes go through.

Good point and agreed.

Nope. They're too common.

Legendaries and specific MF made weapons that require mats that are equal to or greater than those of Legendaries.

And actually, I'd almost want for those highly expensive MF weapons to just get upgraded to Legendaries anyways since they already have the prestige that a Legendary actually has.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
5hm0JQz.jpg

Just a graphic glitch or an actual location on the other side of the Scarlet portals?
Not a graphic glitch. The portals all universally show that locale quite clearly. I can't identify it other than having elements in common with the Aetherblade Jumping Puzzle though.

Lunar15

So, I wonder how they're going to switch out the Magic Find stat. There's also stuff like the infusion that gives magic find, and all the runes/sigils that give it too.

Lunar15

Well, the inconvenience is well worth having it moved to the account level. Having it tied to armor is totally against a lot of their cooperative gameplay stuff.

I do wonder how the account system will be handled. We've seen that there have been items that permanently raise the account MF, but I'm assuming that most of it will be handled by temporary boosters.

That Scarlet event happened twice in a row yesterday, almost one right after the other. So I thought why not and just did it again. Now I'm lvl 44 and was doing a lvl 36 story mission. I guess I'm a little OP in the story part I'm on now because of that.

Just a little more longer and I'll be lvl80 in no time and can finally participate in some of the end game content.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I do wonder how the account system will be handled. We've seen that there have been items that permanently raise the account MF, but I'm assuming that most of it will be handled by temporary boosters.
Well the salvaging-to-raise process will probably be long-term
You can boost your account’s Magic Find using Essences of Luck, which can be earned by salvaging Fine or Masterwork items.
get ready to clickj

Ceres

Banned
Higher crafting lvls? Maybe I can get a few extra lvls for my necro and ele to actually lvl them up.

And I'm sure this has been brought up... But what the hell at the Scroll of Experience anniversary gift. If I have 5 characters made right away, I doubt many have ones below lvl 20. So its a useless item that really only promotes buying character slots. But say you got 5 of them, even if you buy 3 slots, that's still 2 extra. And what do you do with it when those 3 new characters all become 1yr old? Unless forging 4 of them makes a lvl 80 boost, its a waste for most people who have played a year and even more so for anyone who already has 8 slots with characters above lvl 20. The very least could have been an actual +20 lvls with no minimum. At least then lvl 80s could get +20 skill pts.

My necro JUST reached lvl 21 and my ele is sitting at 19 and that's with me taking 4 months off the game and those characters being created in April purely for so I could run SAB with them the last week I could do it.

The scrolls are nice for people like me. I've been playing since launch but really only have 1 main and hardly use my 4 alts. I only have 1 character aside from my Main that's over level 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom