• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
Dredge isn't long at all. It's the difficulty that takes up all the time.

Huh? I feel the opposite. Dredge even when done flawlessly or near flawlessly still takes a long time. So many parts. At 48 it takes 10 minutes just to kill all of the moles that come out of the apc.

leng jai

Huh? I feel the opposite. Dredge even when done flawlessly or near flawlessly still takes a long time. So many parts. At 48 it takes 10 minutes just to kill all of the moles that come out of the apc.

Yeah that particular bit is tedious and unnecessary. I pugged a level 26 Dredge yesterday and it only took about 20 minutes. If they nerfed the difficulty it would be a lot quicker - it's not the actual length that is time consuming.

Core Zero

ysYKm7c.gif

Luigi87

And the best part is I got it recorded. No editing done tho, so it sadly comes with me idling for 20 minutes beforehand.

Skip to 24:50 for when we start to head out.

Darn, the one time I don't sign onto Mumble!

Really nice recording.

Awesome, can briefly see me failing to get out of the water just as you arrived a the Asura gate to Southsun <_<

Sophia

Awesome video Sophia. You captured all the glory. Great job.

Thanks. Killer on my framerate tho. You can see at one point I lowered my settings to the lowest possible just to get above 10 frames. ><

(The reason for why the 20 minutes of idling is because it's actually part of a longer stream. I was streaming Sorrow's Embrace for a friend beforehand, but I stopped the stream for a few seconds to reapply new settings.)

That vine video is such a teaser. When SAB was around last time, I wasn't as drawn into the living story as I am now. I mostly ignored it. I really can't wait until this comes back.

Grayman

I got to level 80 on my second character, elementalist and 400 tailoring tonight. Now for the very long trip for crafting mats. Unfortunatley I am more interested in playing a warrior some of the time now though. So if I want gossamer and the highest tiers of blood I should be playing exclusively in orr and frostforge now?

Lunar15

Wasn't really a fan of the SAB first time around. Here's hoping it's better the second time, but really I just think the idea should have remained an april fool's joke.

Jira

I got to level 80 on my second character, elementalist and 400 tailoring tonight. Now for the very long trip for crafting mats. Unfortunatley I am more interested in playing a warrior some of the time now though. So if I want gossamer and the highest tiers of blood I should be playing exclusively in orr and frostforge now?

Go to Southsun Cove by pearl islet and farm the skelk for blood.

Mxrz

So. No luck with Liadri on the warrior or thief. Came pretty close a time or two. Is she as easy with a mesmer as people make it look? I'm damn tempted to craft a mesmer to 80. I have an XP scroll, a lot of mats, and I'm almost willing to drop the 30-40 gold for the crafting levels outside of Huntsman & Weaponsmith.

Heard condition thieves work well, so might try that first. .

Jira

They always lie about restart times >_<

They don't lie, they just do it much much faster than their estimates. The 1-2 hours is to cover their ass.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/merged-Invasion-Canceler-not-advancing/2705862

Hi guys,

After some careful investigation of these achievements, we believe there are a few technical restrictions and communication issues that are causing the problems here.

First, Molten and Pirate events do not grant achievement credit. This means that if you hop into an invasion right as scarlet spawns, or if you spend an entire invasion on pirate and/or molten events, you will not get achievement credit for that map.

Second, disconnecting during an invasion seems to have some odd effects on participation credit, especially if you end up switching maps in the process (i.e. moving to a different overflow). You should still get credit if you participate in at least one watchwork event after reconnecting, but if you disconnect, you should assume your participation credit up to that point has been lost. This is far from ideal, but it would be a code-level fix, and we wouldn’t be able to get it in before the end of the event.

Lastly, because the previous two issues are not super obvious, people may be losing track of which maps they have already gotten credit for. The meta rewards are always given as long as you’re on the map when it ends. Many players expect this to mean that they also received achievement credit (which ideally should be a reasonable assumption). However, as this is not always the case, they may mark off a map as complete, even though they did not receive achievement credit.

So in order to receive achievement credit, you need to participate and complete at least one watchwork portal event, and still be on the map when the meta ends. It doesn’t matter how far the meta gets progressed, and you don’t need to participate in any Molten/Pirate events.

Hopefully this clarifies some things for you, and many apologies for any frustration this has caused. In the future, we will try to ensure that large-scale achievements like this are more easily trackable to cut down on any potential confusion.

Jira

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-August-20-2013/2709607

Bug-fixes, Balance, and World Polish

Fixed a bug that allowed players to kill some allied NPCs that should not be killed.

Living World

Fixed a Spanish localization issue for the Scarlet’s Playhouse instance.

PvP

Fixed a bug which could cause secondary objectives to remove the markers of allied players from the map.

General

After a game update, players will be allowed to remain in public maps associated with the previous build for up to one hour.

Nice.

Mxrz

Raaaaaaargh!

I killed that damn shadowy *****er. Spent all damn day on it outside of mowing the lawn, and a few dungeon runs. Good grief. Spent way more gold than I want to think about on various upgrades and stuff, but sheeesh. I sort of want to give props to ANet for making something that challenging, but cant help but wonder if it was an instance, with a floor where I could better see the rings - if it'd not been a little easier.

Either way. Woo. Far as I'm concerned the other achievement doesn't exist.

jersoc

Good. We need more short fractals.

I'm still waiting for them to shorten dredge and cliffside.
Not nerf, SHORTEN.

word, dungeons should be short and awesome. 45 mins TOPS and that's if you run into a few problems. dungeons should be in and out, imo. make them fun with interesting mechanics.

Grayman

Go to Southsun Cove by pearl islet and farm the skelk for blood.
This felt really successful as I was doing it then I checked my bank and had been farming the T5 mat for lower end gear. It helped anyways because I got to upgrade my chest and legs to level 80 yellow now.

Whoever in GAF guild is Thorr of Hoelbrek, thanks for coming along on CoE p2. It was good to have someone else who knew how to dodge ;p. (And thanks for saving our ass when I missed the dodge on the last fight).

You left the party at the end before I could ask who you were. First time I've seen GAF in game since our server was up against yours in WvW way back in...I dunno, November?

Anno

So of the newly updated screenshots page on the official site is any indication, this could be a crazy patch coming up...

Wallach

So of the newly updated screenshots page on the official site is any indication, this could be a crazy patch coming up...

Aside from the new SAB shots (which we knew was coming)...

- Super Axe/Dagger are shown

- The Super Longbow in one of the images is not the same as the current one, it's gold/yellow. Maybe a reward for the hard mode or something?

- Meteorlogicus probably getting a visual update as it lacks some of the effects other legendaries have currently

- Don't recognize the pearlescent looking rifle skin the Asura is holding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom