• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been waiting on the crafting thing. Help off crafting a lot of tier 6 weapons till it hit, finally time to craft me some exotics.

I wonder what the magic find gear will turn into now though. Will it get some other stat or just become uncraftable/undroppable?

Lulubop

I'm glad I stocked up (well at least I hope I will be). not to resell but just to have them and not be gouged.

"And to top it all off, many Legendaries are getting some aesthetic upgrades!"

Woooo

Well I hope they make them more common and drive the prices down like they did with Lodestones. I need about 200 of each, how would you recommend going about it? Farming? Low on cash from everything else.

Ceres

Banned
Been waiting on the crafting thing. Help off crafting a lot of tier 6 weapons till it hit, finally time to craft me some exotics.

I wonder what the magic find gear will turn into now though. Will it get some other stat or just become uncraftable/undroppable?

This will be interesting. They can't leave the existing items or the price of them will skyrocket on the TP and I wouldn't be surprised if you had people hoping this would happen who have tons sitting in their bank to make money.
So I guess a different stat works but again how does that work with existing items? I never bothered with MF unless it was on a random item I wore while lvling but for those with sets of them, a forced stat change could be something that doesn't work at all with their build. So do you remove soulbound on used armors so they can at least sell it?
Allow them to choose what stat to change it to among existing ones?

Seems like a lot of ways this can go wrong.

Jira

I'm 99.9% positive a blog post will be out in a couple days explaining the MF change. Seems like a pretty complex change and requires explanation beforehand.

Meh. Pretty bummed out by them adding ascended weapons. 8 characters to gear to remain competitive in WvWvW :(

The crazy thing about the magic find thing us that they just added a number of exotic items with it as part of being "all stats"/celestial. Awesome planning.

Proven

That Scarlet event happened twice in a row yesterday, almost one right after the other. So I thought why not and just did it again. Now I'm lvl 44 and was doing a lvl 36 story mission. I guess I'm a little OP in the story part I'm on now because of that.

Just a little more longer and I'll be lvl80 in no time and can finally participate in some of the end game content.

Ha ha.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Meh. Pretty bummed out by them adding ascended weapons. 8 characters to gear to remain competitive in WvWvW :(
I can understand that since I'm just starting to consider fully gearing out my 4th character when he gets to 80. Doubling that is overwhelming to consider.

I'd temper your concerns with the concept that you're not likely at all to need ascended weapons to remain competitive in WvW, alongside the concept I mentioned before (that they'll be easier to get over time). Hopefully it won't really be all that onerous even if it seems like it at first.

The crazy thing about the magic find thing us that they just added a number of exotic items with it as part of being "all stats"/celestial. Awesome planning.
Well Celestial stat items have been in the game since November, and the armor piece match up with it specifically and that includes Magic Find. Actually out of all the items in the game, Celestial stat ones are the easiest to "fix" (just redistribute the MF% among the remaining stats) and uniquely stand to get a simple and straight buff in comparison to the other items that carry the MF stat. So I don't think that sarcasti-awesome planning actually pertains to Celestial stat distribution all that much.

It's a lot more brain-wrinkling for me to consider full rune sets that are invalidated without MF, or what will become of the Sigil of luck.

Seems like next week if I fully commit to Incinerator, would be the best time to liquidate my non-essential mats <_<
Definitely wait to see the new legendary effets at least!

Proven

Implementing Celestial stat weapons is probably quite literally:

1. Hit button for Celestial prefix.
2. Hit button for rarity level.

They just used code that was already in the game. The removal of Magic Find is an actual code change. But why hold back the Celestial weapons when there are already Magic Find weapons in the game and the Magic Find takes nothing away from all the other stats that make up the point of Celestial?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey all, no worries, we got you covered.
Weapons, armor and trinkets with magic find will become account bound, lose their current stats and will gain the ability to be double-clicked to select one of several stat options depending on the item.
For example, if you have an Explorer’s Pearl Staff, you can now double-click it to change it to any other crafting stat.
We will have a blog post about it with more extensive information as well, keep an eye on the website.
So there's that

MF gear will, for a brief moment, allow us plebs to experience what the new legendaries will be like :p

Lunar15

Huh, that's a fair trade. But that also means you can get a stat distribution for free, even if it's more expensive than the MF stats.

Not complaining, of course.

Proven

1. Buy cheap exotic MF gear.
2. Wait for update.
3. Change to Berserker gear.
4. Profit?

Yeah, except with that post MF gear is going to go up in price on the trading post.

Well, at least since it'll be account bound, it won't go up too much.

jersoc

1. Buy cheap exotic MF gear.
2. Wait for update.
3. Change to Berserker gear.
4. Profit?

god damnit, i was just going to say that too.

mats are going through the roof right now. if you want to make a pretty penny, you can. i think people are going to be wrong on the mats as usual.

Levyne

Banned
Sweet! The expected fix but still very cool. Now my Necro will have ascended accessories from leaching my Rangers ex-mf ones.

Edit: Yeah, glad I bought in on even more mats this morning.

Giard

Damn, guess I need to buy some more transmutation stones if Ascended weapons are coming... and I just used my last ones. Maybe they'll give out some...?
lol

Moondrop

Banned
The possibilities are more significant.

You can turn Wayfarer's into Cond Dmg/toughness/vitality.
You can turn Explorer's into Vitality/power/precision.
You can turn Traveler's into Toughness/power/cond dmg.

And more I haven't thought of yet...

Proven

The possibilities are more significant.

You can turn Wayfarer's into Cond Dmg/toughness/vitality.
You can turn Explorer's into Vitality/power/precision.
You can turn Traveler's into Toughness/power/cond dmg.

And more I haven't thought of yet...

No, no, you're looking at it wrong. We're not changing the one stat. We're changing the entire prefix. So it's Wayfarer/Explorer/Traveler->Berserker/Knight/Rabid/etc.

Retro

It was more of a joke than anything. I always feel like I should get in on these money making schemes, but then I remember I'm sitting on a nice chunk of money already, and I rarely spend any except to convert to gems. I'm also terribly impatient and have never been much of a gambler.

For example, I listed my Sclerite sword skin at 150g, but was really tempted to take it down, blow the 8g listing fee and just cash out for the 100g someone was willing to pay. Luckily, I had to go get my wife from work and then have dinner, and it sold in the interim.

I don't have the patience to play the long game like that, and I'm comfortable enough. I do have a shitload of mats I'm sitting on, but I want those for actually crafting things later.

Moondrop

Banned
No, no, you're looking at it wrong. We're not changing the one stat. We're changing the entire prefix. So it's Wayfarer/Explorer/Traveler->Berserker/Knight/Rabid/etc.

Ok, fair enough.

But there's value here if we can pick the less common combos like Sentinel, Giver, Apothecary, etc.

Ashodin

We're here connecting in Texas, waiting on our flight to OK. After a rough morning for Amanda with a little sickness, she's feeling better now. We even had pizza!

The update is exciting, but a little underwhelming. I suppose they're going to piecemeal the ascended stuff, but weapons I'm fine with at first. Where's the grapesword at??

You guys are all assuming that once you change the stat the item will go back to not being account bound?

What will they do to all the MF gear on the TP? As soon as we buy it, it will become account bound?

Retro

Obviously. :)

Can't wait for it too, although it's terrible timing with my current Dragon's Crown addiction and the fact I'm on vacation for 21 days of September...

My first reaction was "Holy shit, how do you get off 21 days?!" then I saw who it was and realized "Oh... right... Europe."

You'll find time for SAB. It's up a whole month.

Speaking of which, does anyone think ArenaNet will fuck with the SAB for the second September Update? Scarlet could theoretically 'hack' the SAB to trap players inside as revenge; she did say we have her full attention. That kind of plot twist kind of has a Killobyte/Matrix-feel to it and since the content scales everyone to the right level everyone would get to experience it.

Anno

On a whim I put 50g into Piles of Putrid Essence a couple weeks ago. Now buy prices have almost quadrupled. Gogo speculators.

Proven

You guys are all assuming that once you change the stat the item will go back to not being account bound?

What will they do to all the MF gear on the TP? As soon as we buy it, it will become account bound?

I'm assuming that all Magic Find gear will be account bound, forever, even after you change the prefix. It's also the best way to avoid shifting the economy too much.

Ceres

Banned
Considering how much sentinel's is on the TP, if you can pick up the MF versions and flip to that prefix, its well worth having account bound armor.
Somehow I see them maybe only allowing the standard stats like whats available at the temples/WvW.

Speaking of which, does anyone think ArenaNet will fuck with the SAB for the second September Update? Scarlet could theoretically 'hack' the SAB to trap players inside as revenge; she did say we have her full attention. That kind of plot twist kind of has a Killobyte/Matrix-feel to it and since the content scales everyone to the right level everyone would get to experience it.
If they do that I'm not playing till SAB goes away.

ANET should not get rid of my profession skills for some stupid mini-game.

Taffer

I can't help but worry about my magic find dropping from 130ish% on the character I'm most comfortable with to something much less, probably because of how much effort went into getting that set back when I was young and it was the end result of much work. That and I like being squishier but slightly richer. I'm just going to have to wait and see what I end up with.
On the bright side, I'm really looking forward to a complete set of free armour to build around. Ditching the condition spec and going all power or healing or whatever, some of those traits have looked interesting since launch and free gear means 'why not?'. It would probably be more economical to convert it into a zerker set but I kind of want to make a ridiculous chill-heavy setup for a laugh.

Jira

If they do that I'm not playing till SAB goes away.

ANET should not get rid of my profession skills for some stupid mini-game.

SAB is a game within a game, it's hardly a minigame.To me SAB is a prime example of how ANet takes the time to continually give us completely different types of content to experience. I never know what to expect from ANet and that is something I cannot say about other MMO devs.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ok, fair enough.

But there's value here if we can pick the less common combos like Sentinel, Giver, Apothecary, etc.
Also true...
If you read the language he uses carefully, you'll be able to select from a subset of all of the combos based on what kind of item it is. I.e. if it's a dungeon token item with MF you'll probably be able to pick the other dungeon token stat distributions. But crafted MF stuff should allow you to change to those crafted sets you mentioned.
Sounds right to me.

Lunar15

Going by previous Living Story updates, I strongly doubt it. I think that's asking for too much, unfortunately.

I think they view Queen's Speech as an end to the "first season". I doubt we'll see Scarlet right away.

Do you really dislike platforming or is it all about not having your normal skills?
Nothing against platforming. I love jumping puzzles that are in the real game world. I have zero nostalgia bonner for Zelda and whatever other games it rips off. I played it first time and got bored really quick because I felt like I wasn't playing guild wars anymore.

SAB is a game within a game, it's hardly a minigame.To me SAB is a prime example of how ANet takes the time to continually give us completely different types of content to experience. I never know what to expect from ANet and that is something I cannot say about other MMO devs.
I play guild wars to play guild wars not some other game inside guild wars. It's like playing wow to play peggle (I think they added that awhile back). I'd rather have more guild wars 2 lore and story relevant content. I want new dungeons, new events, new zones. I know it's coming but yea, SAB is not interesting at all.

Complistic

I like the change of scenery. And it is still guild wars. It's guild wars with a different coat of paint on it. And it's not like you're getting sab updates INSTEAD of new worlds to explore. It's the jumping puzzle team's pet project.

edit: I also don't draw out any nostalgia out of the parody. I just enjoy it for what it is. It's just fun.

Lunar15

I'm with Kos on that one, but all it means for me is that I'll probably just be taking a break during this update. SAB gave me a headache last time, it was really un-fun for me. Like Kos said, it's also so disconnected from the world and ultra-grindy, even moreso than a lot of other events. I'll check it out, but otherwise it's a huge turnoff.

But clearly, Anet saw that sign-ups increased during the last SAB, and that's why it's the first repeated event. That's the only reason I can think that they'd put this out again so quickly.

Nothing against platforming. I love jumping puzzles that are in the real game world. I have zero nostalgia bonner for Zelda and whatever other games it rips off. I played it first time and got bored really quick because I felt like I wasn't playing guild wars anymore.

Ah. That makes sense. I love the platforming (every JP completed :D ) and I love the retro vibe as well so it's great. It's an added bonus that it was the only way I made any serious Gold in the game.

I sincerely hope they're not adjusting the drop rate of weapons because I need the cash monies.

Jira

I mean come on, if I like SAB, NO ONE can hate it. Think about that one for a second.

Oh also, if you have previously completed all of the SAB achievements or if you complete them when they return here there's going to be some kind of surprise. Probably a reward of some sort.

Wallach

I mean come on, if I like SAB, NO ONE can hate it. Think about that one for a second.

Oh also, if you have previously completed all of the SAB achievements or if you complete them when they return here there's going to be some kind of surprise. Probably a reward of some sort.

/smug as fuck

Where'd you hear that, anyway?

The change to MF gear is about as ideal as it could be. I'm surprised. My Ranger will be required to forfeit his Ascended gear to my other two characters. That said, I hope that they are increasing the stat spread on Celestial instead of just pulling the MF value as it'll completely die as an option in the player base otherwise. There's already too few stat configurations being used in PvE.

Edit - Found it: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/for...nts-from-World-1-Open-Again/first#post2714201

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom