• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Home Cooked Nourishment takes over Nourishment right? I won't eat it then.

And yikes, I'll disable chat during big events then.

Wanderer5

Lunar New Year in WvW is kind of neat. Regular and superior sieges are like a red and gold version of the guild seiges (with the ram as the logo). Build sites also have red lanterns along with yaks getting a makeover too.

2015-02-10_00011_zpsc06eaa66.jpg

2015-02-10_00014_zpsdd1994e6.jpg

I forgot how terrible Arah story was. A guildie wanted to do it, to unlock the reward track for pvp, since he doesn't really pve. It took so long and was so boring. Plus the final reward was 65s lol.

I forgot how terrible Arah story was. A guildie wanted to do it, to unlock the reward track for pvp, since he doesn't really pve. It took so long and was so boring. Plus the final reward was 65s lol.

wait you gotta do story dungeons to unlock pvp tracks? nooooo

oSoLucky

Yeah lol I figured, you were in FEAR. I was recruited to the guild by a guy in GAF winter 2012 and I'm super curious if it was you. What was your in game name? White or gray something.. Norn with a gray beard?

Oh and BTW I am the guild leader and cmd of that guild now. :) We're on JQ now.

Yeah, Feelings Aren't Required(FEAR)! I actually came up with the name when we were in Mumble. We knew what our tag would be, but couldn't decide in the name, and there were like 60 of us trying to debate on it. I always like elitist sounding guild names, I don't know why. I'm not sure who you're talking about. My ingame name is Lucky. I played on Lucky So Hexotic(Mesmer) and Lucky Stars(Support/Bunker Ele). Mesmer of Avenger was always pugging with us and he was the only other one that was tanky enough to do anything with. So I ended up doing most of the bitch portal/invis/Time Warp work, but it was super fun to me(helping the team).... and I got to duel a lot. I only played for a few more months after that, then I left, and I think a lot of them had stopped playing when I came back(I quit and then went on deployment for a few months), so I ended up just staying away again. I saw Ace only PvEing on his Thief at that point.

I can't even remember any other guilds besides GSCH and Choo.

Minamu

What's greatest fear? :) nice to see the dragon ball glitch getting fixed, I won two games yesterday and only got one :/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Got 2 Force sigils out of 12 yellows. Sometimes this game doesn't smell that bad.
probably a glitch, I'll let the anet brass know
What's greatest fear? :) nice to see the dragon ball glitch getting fixed, I won two games yesterday and only got one :/
Personal story quest, a bunch of personal story stuff from the last couple of chapters got messed up by the restructuring of the initial leveling process
and I would probably never have noticed
but now they're putting in the effort to fix it up which is a very nice gesture.

LkPr

Can anyone tell me is the home portal store u can buy from the gem store that transports you back to your home instance a one-time-use item or is it permanent with unlimited uses?

Levyne

Banned
It's permanent.

Edit: The only limitation is similar to the copper-o-matic, in that it's only ever on one character.

Minamu

probably a glitch, I'll let the anet brass know

Personal story quest, a bunch of personal story stuff from the last couple of chapters got messed up by the restructuring of the initial leveling process
and I would probably never have noticed
but now they're putting in the effort to fix it up which is a very nice gesture.
Oh. I got excited there for a bit, thinking it was season 1 coming back ;)

Thorgal

We had one heck of a fight in Fractals last night.

A friend comissioned me to draw his fursona as a Charr minus the ears. I like how it came out:

I love these ,

I would love to see something like this being made for the guild , nothing elaborate , but something like having certain characters standing/posing with the GafGuild logo in the background .

TrounceX

Yeah, Feelings Aren't Required(FEAR)! I actually came up with the name when we were in Mumble. We knew what our tag would be, but couldn't decide in the name, and there were like 60 of us trying to debate on it. I always like elitist sounding guild names, I don't know why. I'm not sure who you're talking about. My ingame name is Lucky. I played on Lucky So Hexotic(Mesmer) and Lucky Stars(Support/Bunker Ele). Mesmer of Avenger was always pugging with us and he was the only other one that was tanky enough to do anything with. So I ended up doing most of the bitch portal/invis/Time Warp work, but it was super fun to me(helping the team).... and I got to duel a lot. I only played for a few more months after that, then I left, and I think a lot of them had stopped playing when I came back(I quit and then went on deployment for a few months), so I ended up just staying away again. I saw Ace only PvEing on his Thief at that point.

I can't even remember any other guilds besides GSCH and Choo.

Awesome. Yeah, I'm not sure the timing of all this but it sounds like I joined when you were on break. Eventually Ace started leading like every single night, as well as Hesdeadjim, then we got another commander Dgins, and then we pretty much took over SoR. All of 2013 was like TW, FEAR, and Choo just putting a clinic on T1. Not always in PPT wise, but in just open field fighting it was not even close. Bags for days man. Eventually we all got sick of playing PPT for no reward and a lot of us moved to T2 to the GvG scene. That's when SoR died sadly.

But T1 is really livening up right now after the expansion was announced. So many old names coming back to the game, all 4 maps queued during NA, it's really fun.

oSoLucky

Awesome. Yeah, I'm not sure the timing of all this but it sounds like I joined when you were on break. Eventually Ace started leading like every single night, as well as Hesdeadjim, then we got another commander Dgins, and then we pretty much took over SoR. All of 2013 was like TW, FEAR, and Choo just putting a clinic on T1. Not always in PPT wise, but in just open field fighting it was not even close. Bags for days man. Eventually we all got sick of playing PPT for no reward and a lot of us moved to T2 to the GvG scene. That's when SoR died sadly.

But T1 is really livening up right now after the expansion was announced. So many old names coming back to the game, all 4 maps queued during NA, it's really fun.

SoR is like T7 or T8 right now. It's pretty bad. I'm not playing seriously again though(yet) so it's all good. The "endgame" all feels foreign and I'm trying to get a handle on that stuff before I even think about PvP again.

Mxrz

Finding I don't care for playing my human characters much. Lot of elements piling up, but mostly they feel so generic compared to the other races and even the GW1 humans. While I'd love a Charr mesmer , the thought of leveling--yay tomes--gearing up another character isn't so appealing. It would also mean another trip through the personal story and blergh.

Its a long ways off, but I do hope we get an expansion someday that has an alternative starting point & storyline. While it would be a lot of work for less payoff, they could do it similar to Istan in Nightfall. One small island that gets up you to par quickly.

Made it to the final boss of Arah P2 in about 45 minutes, with zero downs. Not the fastest solo, but it was damn clean.

As usual, GAF was almost too timid to accept free gold and dungeon tokens.

Thorgal

I started playing around with Dyes to try and find a good look for my condi ranger .

I did a bit of searching around in the game and then i came across enemies from the toxic alliance LS story part .

Most of them have a green /red theme going and so i decided to try and implement that same look

I really like the way it looks now

Ashodin

FCmDLsT.jpg

Over 1 meeeeeeeellion influence!

Thanks for the tip on Magic Find Blade Strongpaw.

Near 500% MF for opening envelopes 8)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man, why does the Imperial Outfit have gaudy colors? No wonder people think its shit.

gw065nrqcq.jpg

There, I made it actually Chinese New Years-y.

Mxrz

I had to work for my Fractal Advancement tonight. One more 38, and I'm moving to the 40s. Hopeful the groups there go a little smoother than some of my last few.

Starting to build a stable of usual faces every night. Enjoy seeing new people more often. Eviskia, Mori and his wife, and many more!

Stronghold! https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/stronghold-the-battle-of-champions-dusk/

Gotta build a good stronghold go-to group now so we can lead the leaderboards.

And if there's fractal leaderboards, I'm coming for you Ike and friends.

That photo of the sylvari revenant looks awesome im curious if that armorset will be exclusive to the revenant or maybe this is a hint that there might be profession specific armorsets coming to the game

That photo of the sylvari revenant looks awesome im curious if that armorset will be exclusive to the revenant or maybe this is a hint that there might be profession specific armorsets coming to the game

Profession sets would be awesome. It seems there is so little, when not casting something or using specific kits, to tell a profession at a glance.

Just please let them be ether craftable or purchasable in game, and not cash shop or BL items. I really hate how so much of what was added in the first two years was not dropable in game.

I soloed the Uncategorized and Snowblind Fractals for the first time. I beat all of the bosses in both fractals on my first tries, so that was nice.

The end of Uncategorized was the most fun. I did like Moondrop suggested a few months ago and crowd controlled the frick out of the cat golems, and I used the pillars at the edge of the room to line-of-sight the Raving Asura and block his deadly death balls of death. I used Distracting Strikes (for what I am pretty sure was the first time ever) and managed to keep at least 8 stacks of confusion on the golems for most of the fight.

I got stuck and gave up once it gave me the Aetherblade Fractal. I can't even make it past the first room. The mobs buff each other with stability, might, and fury, immobilize me and knock me down, and viciously murder me, all in the matter of three seconds. It's rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom