• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludovico

applies Virtue of Courage to nearby players as well. After that, he continues firing with some sort of bow

Damn, sharp catch...

My thief should be hitting 80 this weekend, then I start working on my fifth 80, a Warrior.
Currently lvl 30, and I have no idea where I'm taking this guy or what pve in general is supposed to look like if I'm solo'ing content with him.
A reminder that I should probably NOT use tomes to boost my Revanent if I want to have a clue of what's going on....

Goldrush

Is anyone else occasionally getting stuck on the loading screen in the last week or so? I could hear everything going on at the destination including my character, but the loading screen doesn't disappear. Pretty much have to restart the game. Happens around 20% of the time so it's not unplayable, but maddening when trying to get into a particular instance or EB.

Levyne

Banned
Is anyone else occasionally getting stuck on the loading screen in the last week or so? I could hear everything going on at the destination including my character, but the loading screen doesn't disappear. Pretty much have to restart the game. Happens around 20% of the time so it's not unplayable, but maddening when trying to get into a particular instance or EB.

Yes, but only in Plains of Ashford.

zulux21

my guild wars 2 server seems to be dead o_O;

it booted me from the game from connection errors
and I get
d7a15e9701.jpg

which clearly I have internet :p

Anno

EDIT: BOW GUARDIAN CONFIRMED

f9GVVLs.gif

OK Check it. Guardians have a trait to heal on dodge. It's a big blue sunburst we do when we heal people nearby. Watch the loop, and identify the sunburst. It's coming from a guy near the middle of the GIF, and he applies Virtue of Courage to nearby players as well. After that, he continues firing with some sort of bow which I'll point out is NOT Ice Bow because that fucking thing can be seen from space.

Guardian spec = bow confirmed

EDIT2: You can see the mesmer chronomancer skill being used in the upper right, so this has to be a specialization WVW match or something

I almost wonder if that roll shows off a different skill. If he had used VoC I think it would've extended far enough to Aegis the other guy rolling in and it didn't show the animation on what we assume is the guard. Maybe something like aegis to your nearest teammate on dodge? If we get a bow I think it'll have at least some supportive skills, a new trait along the same line would make sense.

zulux21

it's been a few more days but I still stand this dragon ball thing is lame :/
just so many little things that are dumb... way to many times the enemy can shoot through a wall to hit me but I can't hit back.
or the last game I played it was 5 vs 2 for the first 3 minutes... I gave up when it was around 200 to 20 and started standing in the open to die, thus by the time we actually had a 5 person team we were down 400 points to 40 :/

Thorgal

Do these affect performance in any way?

Not more then Sweetfx did

At first it tanked my fps severely , until i realized that i was still running some crazy high AA settings ( 8 x SSAA ) .

Once i brought that down to a reasonable level it ran smooth as butter .

I've run the Vine Wrath event a few times now. It's pretty fun when you get a coordinated effort. The rewards aren't all that great but, it's fun to run nonetheless.

Minamu

Not more then Sweetfx did

At first it tanked my fps severely , until i realized that i was still running some crazy high AA settings ( 8 x SSAA ) .

Once i brought that down to a reasonable level it ran smooth as butter .
Okay hmm, might need to try it then. But my base fps ain't good to begin with, I had to lock the game at 30 and all the bosses make it go down to around 5 fps :lol But I hear that turning off player names might help with that?

Mxrz

Wonder if all the players returning for HoT hype explains how rough pugs have been lately. Maybe they read "exp" as "getting xp!" or something along those lines. Been a long while since I've seen groups wipe in the gold-run dungeons.

Not entirely sure the Envelopes are worth it. Been opening them with 450 MF, and only snagged the 8.88.88 junk once. Surprised that there appears to be no uber drop in them.

leng jai

Wonder if all the players returning for HoT hype explains how rough pugs have been lately. Maybe they read "exp" as "getting xp!" or something along those lines. Been a long while since I've seen groups wipe in the gold-run dungeons.

Not entirely sure the Envelopes are worth it. Been opening them with 450 MF, and only snagged the 8.88.88 junk once. Surprised that there appears to be no uber drop in them.

I was in a pug the other day and we wiped twice at Tazza. Was bemusing.

Minamu

I've basically only gotten the +10 essences so it's been useless to me, but my mf is way lower than yours. I just sell them for gold now instead. But considering how mf works, it's always a tad useless. If a drop has a 1% drop rate, 450mf would only bring that up to 5,5% iirc. And to get to 450mf is a huge investmest imho. Rarely worth it, but I don't know what the veterans think.

Mxrz

Did my first 40+ Fractal (that I wasn't carried on). Wasn't too bad. But I went down a few times on the Ascalon Fractal. Seemed like the warriors could 1-hit me at 12k health. Wish I'd watched the combat log to see if it was really happening. Quest to 50 continues.

I've basically only gotten the +10 essences so it's been useless to me, but my mf is way lower than yours. I just sell them for gold now instead. But considering how mf works, it's always a tad useless. If a drop has a 1% drop rate, 450mf would only bring that up to 5,5% iirc. And to get to 450mf is a huge investmest imho. Rarely worth it, but I don't know what the veterans think.

A good chunk of that is stacking up some buffs. But yeah, someone reddit apparently did it with 800+ and didn't do to well. I'm in a place where I don't need gold much at all. But still feels a bit wasteful. Then again some of this food looks like it might be really good.

Ashodin

Relevant leaks from waaaaaay back in Alpha

1. (A)Friction Swing - Swing your hammer and gather heat.
(B)Heated Swing - Swing your hammer again, gathering more heat.
(C)Blasting Cap - Smash the super heated hammer into the ground, detonating the blasting cap on its tip.
2. Nerve Sap - Spin and leech speed, crippling nearby foes. Gain swiftness for each foe hit.
3. Sonic Uppercut - Swing your hammer, launching a sonic wave in a line that launches foes back towards you.
4. Rocket Rush - Slide forward and collide with your target, leaving behind a line of fire that burns foes. Immobilizes on impact.
5. Surgical Strike - Point and drop an explosive rocket on the target area.
Engineer Hammer.

Apparently they had stances for this
1. Puncture Shot (DPS Stance) - Fire an arrow which pierces enemies, damaging them and causing vulnerability.
1. Puncture Shot (Support Stance) - Fire an arrow which pierces enemies. When the arrow passes through an ally it will heal them for a small amount.
2. Light Arrow (DPS Stance) - Charge up energy, creating a powerful attack which pierces through enemies.
2. Light Arrow (Support Stance) - Charge up energy coating your arrow with light, causing it to heal allies which it passes through.
3. Symbol of Battle (DPS Stance) - Fire a slow arcing arrow which explodes on impact, burning targets and searing a symbol of battle into the ground.
3. Symbol of Battle (Support Stance) - Fire a slow arcing arrow which explodes on impact, healing allies and searing a symbol of energy into the ground.
4. Protector's Chain (DPS Stance) - Fire an arrow attached with a chain of light. The chain will attach itself to the target, pulling in and crippling other nearby enemies.
4. Protector's Chain (Support Stance) - Fire an arrow attached with a chain of light. The chain will attach itself to the target, knocking back and crippling other nearby enemies.
5. Zealot's Retribution Stance - Zealot's Retribution Stance changes your weapon skills to damage and debuff enemies.
5. Protector's Light Stance - Your longbow skills focus on supporting and aiding allies.

Longbow Guardian

leng jai

That was an all-GAF run where 3 of the players had the collective SE1 experience of 1 run, you troll-butt.

No this was another run with 3 theives. We only wiped once at Tazza from what I recall, and almost died the second time. Or maybe it was twice. It was mainly because people were attacking the clones I think.

EDIT: I did go on a GAF COF run today with Spiritfox and everyone wiped at the acolytes. That was indeed a smelly party.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So warrior hammers are mostly tanks I take it?

it's been a few more days but I still stand this dragon ball thing is lame :/
just so many little things that are dumb... way to many times the enemy can shoot through a wall to hit me but I can't hit back.
or the last game I played it was 5 vs 2 for the first 3 minutes... I gave up when it was around 200 to 20 and started standing in the open to die, thus by the time we actually had a 5 person team we were down 400 points to 40 :/

Yeah an arena-shooter like gameplay doesn't really lend its well to a game that relies on selecting a character to attack.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Are we getting "profession" armor skins or is the blinker going to be a heavy armor headgear? If it is it's gonna be hilarious seeing zerk warriors run around with blindfold lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom