• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

There doesn't even seem to be a message in game that tells you where Dragon Bash is. There's even people asking in guild chat if the even has even started yet. The amount of effort put into this content is next to zero.

yeah they should have at least sent out an in game mail about it.

I also don't get the WvW holiday daily...
it says to use the fireworks in WvW in two locations...
the fireworks themselves say they don't work in Wvw...
i just don't get it.

Ashodin

i just don't get it.

It's not your fireworks, it's the Celebratory Fireworks as a use item

Mxrz

Been doing CoE full clears lately so I can switch back to the Arah reward track. So far, my groups have been at the opposite ends of the pug spectrum. Either fast jerks, or slow, but friendly. Wish there was more a happy medium. But then I remember its all kind of silly, and I should be playing for fun not to maximize my time efficiency or whatever.

Its easy to take this game too seriously, and forget its suppose to be entertaining.

The fireworks are the static ones that spawn in DR or the citadels. They'll say something like "Celebration fireworks" if you hold down Ctrl. Run up to them, press F.

spiritfox

It's easy to take all multiplayer games too seriously. I've stopped playing games for a period after a particularly shitty match before.

i just don't get it.

Look around in the staging area of WvW. There are "Celebratory Fireworks" hanging around. Walk up, hit F.

zulux21

It's not your fireworks, it's the Celebratory Fireworks as a use item

Been doing CoE full clears lately so I can switch back to the Arah reward track. So far, my groups have been at the opposite ends of the pug spectrum. Either fast jerks, or slow, but friendly. Wish there was more a happy medium. But then I remember its all kind of silly, and I should be playing for fun not to maximize my time efficiency or whatever.

Its easy to take this game too seriously, and forget its suppose to be entertaining.

The fireworks are the static ones that spawn in DR or the citadels. They'll say something like "Celebration fireworks" if you hold down Ctrl. Run up to them, press F.

Look around in the staging area of WvW. There are "Celebratory Fireworks" hanging around. Walk up, hit F.

thanks for the responses.

so with the WvW stuff, is it bad if I just run in to grab some fireworks to do a quest and not actually do anything in the WvW thing?

zulux21

That's the reason they put them at the starting area.

ah...
and uh... how do I get to the starting area?
the only time I ever went into WvW I went into a random gate and I was just kind of thrown into it... i think.. (total n00b alert here lol)

thanks for the responses.

so with the WvW stuff, is it bad if I just run in to grab some fireworks to do a quest and not actually do anything in the WvW thing?

There are five within sight of each other in Divinity's Reach, so it takes like, 30 seconds to do it there by the Pavilion waypoint. There are only three or so near the gate going into the borderland citadels.

uNBSnOQ.jpg

So many dogs

Aquila

Bought all 16 of those daily golden mail envelopes. Lost just shy of 2 gold for vendor trash and perishable food. Is the 8.88 gold ornament the only worthwhile drop?

That's insane. How did you do that?

I had level 20 Experience Scrolls for three of them, along with whatever Tomes of Knowledge and Writs of Experience from daily log-ins and achievements I could collect.

I did a lot of crafting to get them all to dungeon-ready levels; Leatherworker, Artificer, Jeweler, and Chef is 28 levels for each character. (This is the expensive step and the one most people probably wouldn't waste gold on.)

I did explorable mode dungeons almost every night, along with way more laps around EotM than I ever wanted to see.

I had food and utility bonuses going constantly for extra experience from kills, and I had a lot of celebration boosters for even more extra experience.

And I spent some of the downtime relaxing with map completion and my personal stories.

All of that together made for a lot of fast levels. I raised my WvW level a good bit too, so that was nice.

Mxrz

I made the exotic backpack after the patch. Something like the rare, 20 wine, 250 blue luck, and some fireworks. Might use it on a necro someday. Doesn't seem to have any extra glowiness. Figured there would be some super rare mini or particle effect trinket in
envelopes.

Tried out engineer tonight in some gold-grind dungeons. Spammed grenades, but didn't seem all that good. ascended, scholar, etc. Might've missed something.

spiritfox

Like Eles, you need to might stack to get the highest DPS for Engies. Get used to a blasting rotation with either bomb or ft as your fire field placer, and rifle does pretty decent damage too so don't forget to use it.

For a long time I never actually thought I'd bother leveling anything other than my warrior, so it's nice to have them all finished.

Brynn Vaulderie the Human Warrior

Jensina Swiftstride the Norn Ranger

Pyrok Bladeburn the Charr Guardian

Glycia Silverpaw the Charr Engineer

Garanhorn the Sylvari Necromancer

Pantarwen the Sylvari Elementalist

Kjoxx the Asura Thief

Kwearri the Asura Mesmer

I just watched the recording of the level 50 fractal we did tonight.

I didn't get hit a single time during the Bloomhunger fight.[/IMG]
Seems like I got hit every single time. >_>
I should probably stop playing my ele like my warrior, I even used Glyph of Renewal like Battle Standard.

Ashodin

You seem very proud of your characters Ike :)

My pride comes from how much I pour love into my main character, Ashodin (as I try to embody him).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wonder a bunch of Dragon Balls, some even being the top player, yet I don't get the championship ram token thing :mad:

Retro

Be sure to watch the special Points of Interest today at 3pm Eastern / 12 Pacific. There's a good chance you'll see something awesome.

I wonder a bunch of Dragon Balls, some even being the top player, yet I don't get the championship ram token thing :mad:

Gotta win 10 to unlock it.

Boss Doggie

Be sure to watch the special Points of Interest today at 3pm Eastern / 12 Pacific. There's a good chance you'll see something awesome.

Gotta win 10 to unlock it.

I don't want to play that long :(

Dragon Ball's pretty fun.

Better than the Toriyama version anyway.

Dragon Ball fox. Dragon Ball is magical and mysterious. Dragon Ball is better than Dragon Ball.

Moondrop

Banned
I made a pvp bunker guardian build in which the signet heals for 85% of the health pool on a 32 second cooldown. Why would people prefer Shelter for bunkering?

Phazon

Well, since I can still use a couple of questions, I'm going to give it a try.

I'm mainly a lurker here, but I was wondering if you guys had any good questions about the HoT expansion?

I'll be able to play the expansion by the end of this month and will probably have some opportunities to interview Anet devs and talk with some devs during the day, so that's why I'm looking for them.

I can't make any promises regarding to what gets chosen by me and answered by them of course. I'm usually interested in questions about things that we don't know already instead of easy ones which will get a silly pr answer. Of course I'll translate some meaningful answers in English for you when I publish the article, but that's of course completely up to what Anet feels like answering :p

Anyway, I already have questions about these subjects:

- Conditions: If they have plans to revamp/change it, since Revenant will use it too
- Making other stat changes viable like Healing Power
- Whether or not there's an extra character slot included with HoT
- Masteries: All passive or will some give you active skills
- Increase range for boons (more like earshot distance), defiance changes for control focused builds
- Some concrete examples about the new AI
- Weapon changes to make certain weapons more viable (I expect a specialization answer here)
- Guilds: guild channels
- Optimization/graphics enhancements

HappyHunting

Neo Member
So it's been a year since I've moved into the new house and the kids are now settled in their routines as am I. I would like to pick this game back up, and have attempted to do so several times in the last several weeks. Problem is this, I open the game, look around with my Necro, take a look at the world map, my inventory, skills... and just give up. I've forgotten so much and the game is so big...

Does anyone have any advice ? I keep wanting to play, I loved the game when I had time for it ! Which I do now.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Play some Dragon Ball for funsies.

You seem very proud of your characters Ike :)

My pride comes from how much I pour love into my main character, Ashodin (as I try to embody him).

I always picture that every day you dress up as your guardian in real life and the plop down to write some Psyscrolr code.
"For great justice!"

So it's been a year since I've moved into the new house and the kids are now settled in their routines as am I. I would like to pick this game back up, and have attempted to do so several times in the last several weeks. Problem is this, I open the game, look around with my Necro, take a look at the world map, my inventory, skills... and just give up. I've forgotten so much and the game is so big...

Does anyone have any advice ? I keep wanting to play, I loved the game when I had time for it ! Which I do now.

It might be worth it to start a new character and try the learn the game all over again. They revamped the levelling experience with the September patch to give you pieces of the game in little chunks - might make it a bit less daunting.

If you want to join the guild you can ask questions in guild chat while you're playing and someone will most likely answer assuming people are on. Post your account name and an officer will pick you up.

Well, since I can still use a couple of questions, I'm going to give it a try.

I'm mainly a lurker here, but I was wondering if you guys had any good questions about the HoT expansion?

I'll be able to play the expansion by the end of this month and will probably have some opportunities to interview Anet devs and talk with some devs during the day, so that's why I'm looking for them.

I can't make any promises regarding to what gets chosen by me and answered by them of course. I'm usually interested in questions about things that we don't know already instead of easy ones which will get a silly pr answer. Of course I'll translate some meaningful answers in English for you when I publish the article, but that's of course completely up to what Anet feels like answering :p

Anyway, I already have questions about these subjects:

- Conditions: If they have plans to revamp/change it, since Revenant will use it too
- Making other stat changes viable like Healing Power
- Whether or not there's an extra character slot included with HoT
- Masteries: All passive or will some give you active skills
- Increase range for boons (more like earshot distance), defiance changes for control focused builds
- Some concrete examples about the new AI
- Weapon changes to make certain weapons more viable (I expect a specialization answer here)
- Guilds: guild channels
- Optimization/graphics enhancements

Nice one mate! Here are my biggest questions;

1) Can you explain your armor philosophy? Is the outfits going to keep coming out at this rate versus armor sets? Do you feel there is a problem with armors on some races? Have you considered going back to race-locked armors to make them look nicer? Is this going to affect legendary armors?

2) The personal story instance was a talked about feature before release along with the ferocity/dignity/love affection system.
What happened to these gameplay systems and are you planning to do anything with them?

3) For new players who come into GW2 along with the expansion, how do you intend to bridge the gap between the personal story, living story season 1 which is gone, and living story season 2 which is costs gems, and then the expansion story? How does ArenaNet plan to increase the narrative thread!

4) ArenaNet has said, defending keeps will be a much more significant part of WvW, instead of just giving it up. How are players going to feel content just sitting in a keep waiting for things to happen? how will ArenaNet try to foster this sense of having dramatic battles over ensuring a keep and having keeping it (no pun intended) matter?

5) Over the last two years of living story we saw a wide array of storytelling techniques used. From pre-rendered cinematics, to voice-over in game, to fully animated scenes, to artwork-based slideshow, and the impressive mish mash from the late 2013 trailer that showed a cinematic technique not since used! Have ArenaNet come to a concensus on what is the best way to tell the living story?

6) Has there been any talk about going back and do iterating work on old content like some of the old fractals and dungeons and story missions - Many players have expressed that they would like to see the last arah story dungeon, with the Zhaitan fight, updated as it was a bit underwhelming. Has there been any talk about going back and trying to update some of these things?

7) With the way gem store weapon skins are now, and the way they are priced, are you happy with the ratio your players get them, or work towards buying them on the trading post? How does ArenaNet feel, the skin vs in-game gear is right now?

Ashodin

Play some Dragon Ball for funsies.

I always picture that every day you dress up as your guardian in real life and the plop down to write some Psyscrolr code.
"For great justice!"
How dare you assume I'm a warrior

In other news the guild name I reported in violation will be investigated mwa ha ha ha

Phazon

Nice one mate! Here are my biggest questions;

1) Can you explain your armor philosophy? Is the outfits going to keep coming out at this rate versus armor sets? Do you feel there is a problem with armors on some races? Have you considered going back to race-locked armors to make them look nicer? Is this going to affect legendary armors?

2) The personal story instance was a talked about feature before release along with the ferocity/dignity/love affection system.
What happened to these gameplay systems and are you planning to do anything with them?

3) For new players who come into GW2 along with the expansion, how do you intend to bridge the gap between the personal story, living story season 1 which is gone, and living story season 2 which is costs gems, and then the expansion story? How does ArenaNet plan to increase the narrative thread!

4) ArenaNet has said, defending keeps will be a much more significant part of WvW, instead of just giving it up. How are players going to feel content just sitting in a keep waiting for things to happen? how will ArenaNet try to foster this sense of having dramatic battles over ensuring a keep and having keeping it (no pun intended) matter?

5) Over the last two years of living story we saw a wide array of storytelling techniques used. From pre-rendered cinematics, to voice-over in game, to fully animated scenes, to artwork-based slideshow, and the impressive mish mash from the late 2013 trailer that showed a cinematic technique not since used! Have ArenaNet come to a concensus on what is the best way to tell the living story?

6) Has there been any talk about going back and do iterating work on old content like some of the old fractals and dungeons and story missions - Many players have expressed that they would like to see the last arah story dungeon, with the Zhaitan fight, updated as it was a bit underwhelming. Has there been any talk about going back and trying to update some of these things?

7) With the way gem store weapon skins are now, and the way they are priced, are you happy with the ratio your players get them, or work towards buying them on the trading post? How does ArenaNet feel, the skin vs in-game gear is right now?

Thanks for your questions. I'll add them to my document and see which ones I'll ask when I make the final list ^^ (Question 3 is something that I completely forgot to write down in my list, so I'll certainly ask that one, same for question 4, but I might ask about that at a 'roaming developen' in the room if there's a wvw hour planned :p)

Anno

For people who haven't noticed, the one-a-day envelopes and envelope bundles on the seasonal vendor sell on the TP for 40-60% above their vendor price. You can also gamble a bit and open them for a decent shot at a at least making your money back and maybe quite a bit more. Even if you don't do that it's currently worth it to put up the 16g and turn it back around for minimum ~19.50 after taxes at current prices.

Morokh

For people who haven't noticed, the one-a-day envelopes and envelope bundles on the seasonal vendor sell on the TP for 40-60% above their vendor price. You can also gamble a bit and open them for a decent shot at a at least making your money back and maybe quite a bit more. Even if you don't do that it's currently worth it to put up the 16g and turn it back around for minimum ~19.50 after taxes at current prices.

DId that quickly this morning and 16g turned into 24g, I figured prices would go down during my time at work :p

Boss Doggie

Well I already got both lantern skins from the envelops, does this mean no more needing to open them and just sell them away?

Zeroth

I keep getting small change back on my buy orders, I guess this explains why... more reasons to never instantly buy stuff from the TP :p

This only applies to selling though. It's a scenario like "Say you want to sell 2 items, one buy order for it is at 4g and the other is at 2g. The moment you instantly sell to these 2 orders, you will only get 4g because you will get paid 2g for each of them".

This only applies to selling though. It's a scenario like "Say you want to sell 2 items, one buy order for it is at 4g and the other is at 2g. The moment you instantly sell to these 2 orders, you will only get 4g because you will get paid 2g for each of them".

Ah, I read it backwards. So you can put in a buy order and pay less than what you ordered? :s

EDIT: Wait, no, I read it right. If I put up an order to buy x amount of a thing (as opposed to buying immediately from the lowest seller) and I get some change back after it's fulfilled, it's because some seller was selling y amount of the thing (where x < y), but the order overflows to the next buyer who offers less money. So the order is fulfilled at a price less than I offered as a result. So I get money back from the TP deposit I put in since the next person was offering less money and the TP takes their price instead of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom