• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://a.pomf.se/uhrpia.webm

(Made it small so that it would just behave like a GIF)

We used to struggle to 5 man the CoE 3 Destroyer dead in one round, now we did it with 4. Guess we gotta kick someone now to attempt 3.

Probably not the banners, or the thief, or the might and ice bow generator.

Damnit.

(Also PSA the webm for Neogaf Chrome extension if you don't have it. )

Since I was annoyed and unwilling to explain at the time:

The Destroyer boss only casts its Dragon Tooth once every seven or eight seconds. So if Deep Freeze from the Ice Bow doesn't hit at the right time to interrupt the actual cast, the boss's attack will still go off successfully, while the boss is frozen for five seconds doing nothing just the same as it would have been doing anyway. It's better to spend our limited time attacking the boss rather than trying to cast such a long skill that doesn't do any special amount of DPS or provide any significant utility.

I interrupted its attack using Tremor, and that gave us plenty of time to kill it before it ever tried to attack again.

Xanathus

Whats the right level to enter WvW?

Im currently at 34, you get boosted to 80, but really you still are more likely to get wrecked by anyone who is actually level 80. So really all you can do is scout around, repair some stuff and maybe and take over some of the land and stuff.

Its kind of overwhelming to be honest. I get the system, but not sure if I should just hold off until my chara is level 80?

Have you tried Edge of the Mist (the thing to the right of the WvW menu)? It's a more casual WvW experience and nearly everyone there is below level 80 and you just follow a zerg around capping points.

Minamu

I went into wvw with my lvl 2 Guardian. It's rough but I'm lvl 7 now. Just do what Retro suggested and it should be fine. It helps if your side has a commander running a zerg. Not much of a point otherwise.

Proven

http://a.pomf.se/uhrpia.webm

(Made it small so that it would just behave like a GIF)

We used to struggle to 5 man the CoE 3 Destroyer dead in one round, now we did it with 4. Guess we gotta kick someone now to attempt 3.

Probably not the banners, or the thief, or the might and ice bow generator.

Damnit.

(Also PSA the webm for Neogaf Chrome extension if you don't have it. )

Looked so nice I thought it was an HD gif. Forgot I already had the extension. The jumping in sync at the beginning is magical.

hythloday

Newsletter people for Tuesday's PVE Closed Beta have already been chosen as well?

I'm assuming yes, unless ArenaNet says otherwise. Monday's a holiday in the US, so I'm guessing that getting that stuff out the door was one of the "finish this before the long weekend" projects.

I didn't get an invite, and personally I'm glad since I barely play and the spot can go to someone who plays a lot.

Moondrop

Banned
Do y'all think we will soon bid farewell to Antitoxin Spray? Seems likely, what with the new Hero Point system and this being a profession-universal heal skill associated with an event two years prior. It's essentially a fossil of a tentative yet interesting step down an abandoned development path.

And are we sure racial skills will survive? I can't find official confirmation. I'm gonna cut someone if they take away my Charrzooka.

Zeroth

Would a thief, ele and guard be enough if you provide quickness?

The banners make a considerable difference, so I don't know about that. The 5s Quickness is a considerable boost but it's a burst. Replace the warrior with a guardian and it's more feasible, but it may depend on some heavier coordination.

Proven

Do y'all think we will soon bid farewell to Antitoxin Spray? Seems likely, what with the new Hero Point system and this being a profession-universal heal skill associated with an event two years prior. It's essentially a fossil of a tentative yet interesting step down an abandoned development path.

And are we sure racial skills will survive? I can't find official confirmation. I'm gonna cut someone if they take away my Charrzooka.

They probably will survive... just put them under a racial track. Anti-Toxin might stay, but that depends on if they find a way to reuse the Tower of Nightmares.

I got a portal, got the email, asked for the Tuesday off. Due to scheduling, I already got Friday off for Splatoon. Next week will be a good week.

Thorgal

I am in need of some dungeon runs .

T6 mats ai'nt cheap .

Also , do we make another attempt at the eye of Zhaithan event Ike ?

Why do I love Guild Wars 2s end game?

Because I can do a wide variety of activities and work towards my own goal at a meaningful pace. I am not fond of running the same dungeon or doing the same activity over and over again. I like to do a little bit of everything.
Thankfully GW2 of today has helped facilitate this style of play. Wardrobe, the Luck % system, Dye revamp, Megaserver and Wallet are some of the unification tools that they have added which enables me to do different stuff.
I have a character who is just doing Teq, I have a character that is doing dungeons, I have my main that does a little bit of everything. I have a character that is in Silverwaste, Orr and Southsun. All of them are working towards the same goals.
The share skins, currencies, money, resources, materials, and achievements. I am now over halfway toward my own Ascended armor set, and I now have 2 Ascended weapons. One from a GAF-Night Jumping Puzzle Chest, and another from a Teq run.

Achievements in the past month:

1) Got my second Warrior to lvl 80. She is my experimental Warrior who runs the unconventional builds. She has low damage, is made for party for play, and almost 30k health. She uses bizarre runes, sigils and stats. She uses the weapons I use the least on my main.

2) I got my last most-wanted Greatsword skins. The Lovestruck (Kingdom Hearts), The Chaos Greatsword (for my Guardian), and several others whose name I can't remember. I have a few shields I really want, and a few staffs, but I am getting very close to having all I could possible want. I am running out of characters who can use them. Very happy with that.

3) I passed 9000 Achievement points, and am currently at 9155, working towards the 9500 chest and the big wopping 10K with 400 gems and 10 gold. Woop Woop!

4) 118% Luck. When it was introduced it was at 60%!

5) I just got Emergency Response Hero achievement today. 5000 Dynamic Events over the last 2,5 years. What a milestone!

6) Last week I got the Master crafter achievement. I am only 500 in Armorsmithing but I am working my way towards it.

7) I am 50% through the completion of my Ascended Armorset. (Berserker). I have gotten the Bolt of Domask, the Deldrimor Steel and now I need the laurels to buy the insignias. With My Chest of Loyalty coming in 5 days I should have enough. Sweet!

8) I am getting there with Silverwaste Achievements. I am missing 6 now. Really nice. Then I need to backtrack and do Dry Top!

-------------------------

I like working towards so many things. None of them have anything to do with Legendaries, I still haven't touched Fractals, and I have not been WvWing for a month.
I hope HoT's new way to get Legendary Precursors will expand to cool new armorsets that can be semi-long term goals that also will allow you to work towards them in many modes of play.

My big problem now is getting all the Living Season 2 achievements. I think they are really hard and time consuming, but there is a lot of Achievement Points to be had.. So better do it!

Yo GW2Gaf. I quit this game before getting an account on GAF, but I'm 100% getting the expansion so I thought I'd pop in and say hi. Been a necro since even GW1 launch day, so I can't resist coming back when Reaper looks so amazing. Gotta get a decent looking great sword for my necro before HoT hits.

The banners make a considerable difference, so I don't know about that. The 5s Quickness is a considerable boost but it's a burst. Replace the warrior with a guardian and it's more feasible, but it may depend on some heavier coordination.

We came within 1-2% of doing it with Ele/Thief/Warrior last time, so we know that combo can work at least.

Also , do we make another attempt at the eye of Zhaithan event Ike ?

I've not done it much lately. It got kind of boring doing it every day, haha.

Levyne

Banned
Yo GW2Gaf. I quit this game before getting an account on GAF, but I'm 100% getting the expansion so I thought I'd pop in and say hi. Been a necro since even GW1 launch day, so I can't resist coming back when Reaper looks so amazing. Gotta get a decent looking great sword for my necro before HoT hits.

Heyo. Nice to meet you,

If you ever want to swing by and chat before the expansion, we can get you a guild invite whenever. Or you can just hang out here in thread, whichever you prefer.

Lots of cool greatsword skins to choose from

Proven

Okay, EU Tournament of Legends finals is starting right now. Orange Logo vs. Rank Fifty Five Dragons. Check it here: http://www.twitch.tv/digitalprosports

Orange Logo are the recent World Championship winners, while Rank Fifty Five Dragons have been whipping up a storm recently in the weekly ESL and are more than a match for the current Orange Logo. The EU teams for the next World Championship haven't been chosen yet, but these two are likely to be in the top four of that later tournament. Come watch.

Heyo. Nice to meet you,

If you ever want to swing by and chat before the expansion, we can get you a guild invite whenever. Or you can just hang out here in thread, whichever you prefer.

Lots of cool greatsword skins to choose from

Thanks. What's the guild's home world? Or do you not care if I'm in a different one? I've got Tarnished Coast as my home and I don't want to switch because I enjoy being in TC's WvW militia (well, I did before I quit; hopefully it's still awesome), but I do want to play with you guys in PvE at least.

Levyne

Banned
You're good. Megaservers take care of most everything. Most of us are on SBI but we have people everywhere. You can do everything PVE with us since you're still on an NA server.

I can't comment on T1 matchup much, but TC is still there. I guess historically they get hammered a bunch by BG and JQ but I dunno how disparate the servers are or not at this point. But still a top 3 WvW server.

You're good. Megaservers take care of most everything. Most of us are on SBI but we have people everywhere. You can do everything PVE with us since you're still on an NA server.

I can't comment on T1 matchup much, but TC is still there. I guess historically they get hammered a bunch by BG and JQ but I dunno how disparate the servers are or not at this point. But still a top 3 WvW server.

Oh, yeah, even though I haven't been playing, I've still been keeping up with TC's WvW progress. We typically get 2nd, though we get 1st every couple months or so. Came in 1st just last week, even! I just didn't know if being in the guildless militia on TC would still be fun.

I dunno. Weird server pride on my part. ANY WAY, yeah, I'll ask in here for an invite when I finally get off my ass and patch. I haven't logged in since I think Halloween. I run Clocktower several hundred times every year, lol.

I have come to the conclusion that T1 when we don't have a Tourney they rotate victories, the Doritos come to together and point out the weeks they want to win, during a Tourney JQ/TC can't stand up to BG they are crazy, but right now we just rotating weekly victories, it's been like this for a long damn time..

Thorgal

We came within 1-2% of doing it with Ele/Thief/Warrior last time, so we know that combo can work at least.

I've not done it much lately. It got kind of boring doing it every day, haha.

i am also eligible for fractal runs 10-20 or any dungeon if you are doing one , pugs included :p

i want to beat up mai again , it has been a while .

That link is nada because you don't know the truth...
TC (my server) and JQ had to 2v1 BG in order to stop them from winning that tourney, the first week of the tourney BG wrecked us, from the second week until the final week it was 2v1 BG, BG on their own is a beast they have enough coverage to have 3 maps full at 3am est time, While JQ/TC can only manage 1 map...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey guys, I'm off to entertain folks at my parents' 50th Anniversary party, and it's very very likely I won't be around for missions. :( I should totally able to make our makeups tomorrow though!

Ashodin

Hey guys, I'm off to entertain folks at my parents' 50th Anniversary party, and it's very very likely I won't be around for missions. :( I should totally able to make our makeups tomorrow though!

Every weekend it's a new excuse /_(._.)_\

have fun

Ashodin

Missions in under two hours! I'll be there! You be there!

4rFdQp0.gif

These guys won't, they mad

I don't know the truth? Lulz. In fact I actually have video captured from a behind-closed-doors meeting of BG discussing the JQ/TC 2v1.

If that is the case, then why quote me with a site showing BG losing? when everyone on TC and JQ knows when BG is ready to fight TC/JQ will get steam roll, TC/JQ can't fight BG straight up we lose gotta 2v1..

Dead

well not really...yet
Yo

Thief seems pretty freaking awesome.

Am I gonna end up disappointed if I keep going with it, or does it stay awesome?

Moondrop

Banned
If that is the case, then why quote me with a site showing BG losing? when everyone on TC and JQ knows when BG is ready to fight TC/JQ will get steam roll, TC/JQ can't fight BG straight up we lose gotta 2v1..
1000 days in, and some people still don't understand this is a 3-way game mode. There is no fighting "straight up." I guess they'll never figure it out.

TrounceX

I see it's time for another state of the game report:

Times have changed. Power rankings in T1 go JQ, TC, BG in that order. JQ is hands down the strongest server, but the current trend is to trade wins (or at least keep the scores close enough) so that they all maintain enough glicko to stay in T1.

TW plays on JQ and BG
OnS plays on BG and TC
Many commanders have alts on other servers.
Many players have alts on other servers.

Often times guilds will raid one server and have an alt cmd lead a pug zerg on another to 2v1 objectives if people aren't cooperating with the match fixing.

It's all rigged.

FA is actually the 2nd strongest server in the game but is unable to move up due to the win trading in T1. YB is also very strong from dealing with FA all this time. Either could take BG any given week in a fair fight.

If a tournament happened tomorrow BG would be steamrolled. Most of their longtime commanders are in T2 doing GvG stuff now or quit the game. They are a shell of their former self.

Bombs around my feet kill thieves so quickly, they just become invisible and run away. The only time a thief can kill me is if I'm already engaged in a fight with someone else so my health is low, they can quickly spike down the little health I have left.

Would never waste a profession spot on a thief or ranger. Classes based on running away.

Moondrop

Banned
Some mad PvP smack talk by GAF lately. I think I like it. Let me know if y'all want to team up some time. Maybe I'll show you my improved thief. :p

Emitan

Yo

Thief seems pretty freaking awesome.

Am I gonna end up disappointed if I keep going with it, or does it stay awesome?

Thief is amazing. The only downside is you're squishy but the game gives you several ways to deal with that.

Retro

Guild Mission Makeups in 15 minutes.
Come get your commendations or help your fellow guildies get theirs. A fun time had by all*

Kos is a bad representative for Engies.

Fixed that for 'ya.

* May not actually contain fun, some assembly required, not valid in AL, AR, FL, GA, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MS, MO, NE, NC, OK, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WY. CA residents add 5% recycling fee. Under 18 get your parents permission before ordering. Additional long-distance charges may apply, $3.99 for the first minute, $5.99 each additional minute, side effects include dry mouth, stomach ache, nausea, diarrhea, jimmy legs, sausage fingers, sleep paralysis, night terrors, Beriberi disease, chronic constipation, scabies, spontaneous combustion, phantom pregnancy, chronic swollen Urkels, unquenchable thirst for the lifeblood of your fellow man, itchy tongue, eyeball rash, Lycanthrophy and Boneitis. Use only as directed.

Retro

Excellent Makeup Missions, as always. Thanks for coming out, folks, especially our volunteers who make everything go smoothly.

If you were lucky enough to get a Portal or E-mail, the Beta begins on Tuesday. Someone on Reddit was cool enough to create localized timers for the events, which you can find here. Those who got in, be sure to bring back some screenshots or stories and have fun.

No idea if there will be any new reveals or progress on Lion's Arch this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom