• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally reached the godhood status that is the Divine Dolyak rank after stalling on Demigod Deer for 9 months.
I must hand it to Anet for doing a pretty good job with handling the unranked arena matches. I've noticed definite difficulty increases with each animal rank so far. I finally caved in and tried the guardian hammer meditation meta-build, and WOW what a difference that made to my productivity for my team. The coup de grace to my old "I want to be a semi-unique snowflake" build was when I fought a Charr guardian 1v1 who was actually using my former buildset at mid point. I was using hammer+mace/shield. He was using GS+sword/shield. I handily defeated him, couldn't believe it. CC is king. I am a believer. I am now part of the legion. The Kool-Aid is delicious. Long live metabattle.com.

Zeroth

The coup de grace to my old "I want to be a semi-unique snowflake" build was when I fought a Charr guardian 1v1 who was actually using my former buildset at mid point. I was using hammer+mace/shield. He was using GS+sword/shield. I handily defeated him, couldn't believe it. CC is king. I am a believer. I am now part of the legion. The Kool-Aid is delicious. Long live metabattle.com.

I lol'd. I have to admit the builds are meta for a reason, and to some extend they enforce the meta that exists. I played a good amount of games with my bunker guardian, but I have to admit he's kinda obsolete nowadays.

Thorgal

Late to the party but happy birthday. Levant.

Hopefully my card issue is soon resolved and I'll rejoin you guys soon.

Hell, I am tempted to buy a 980ti if this one is a bust:p

DMiz

Hi all!

Finally got around to buying and purchasing this game and was hoping to join the GAF guild - I'm DMiz.6423

Pleasure to be playing with those of you who are still active!

Minamu

Hi all!

Finally got around to buying and purchasing this game and was hoping to join the GAF guild - I'm DMiz.6423

Welcome! Someone higher up will add you asap. There are plenty of people playing, the 450 limit is almost reached regurlarly :)

Hi all!

Gotcha, next time you log in hit G to bring up the Guild Panel, then click Accept and Represent :) welcome!

DMiz

Welcome! Someone higher up will add you asap. There are plenty of people playing, the 450 limit is almost reached regurlarly :)

Gotcha, next time you log in hit G to bring up the Guild Panel, then click Accept and Represent :) welcome!

Thanks, all! Joined. :) Very interested to play this game now that I have a rig powerful enough to run it at decent visuals with a comfortable desk setup.

SourBear

Banned
Looks like Druid will be previewed for Levyne's birthday.

Its not a druid reveal.

1) That isn't a playable race
2) This tweet breaks the conventions of the other reveals including art style, no weapon in the picture, no previous reveals had quotes.
3) That quote is from a GW1 character.

Currently only two things make sense as the most plausible:
1) Its the reveal of another legend for Revenant (non-elite spec.)
2) Its alluding to more difficult PvE content

Thorgal

Welp , the card is in for repair or replacement .
is probably going to take 2-3 weeks.

in the meantime i still got some PS3 games to churn through but i want to ask : has anyone ever tried to run Gw2 on a integrated graphics card ?
is it playable ?

Wanderer5

Finally got mumble up and running, in case the team will use it tomorrow, but I can't seem to find the server that in the OP when quoted.

Zeroth

What are Gaf's thoughts on Necromancer?

Depends on what you want to do. Necros got a bit of a short stick in the dungeon meta because, despite having respectable damage, they dont have many party buffs. Its different in PvP and WvW where they can excel in certain roles, but ultimately if you like Necro you should stick to it because plenty of people have fun with it, and people who love playing their classes are always on demand :)

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
What are Gaf's thoughts on Necromancer?

If you stink at the game you can still outlive other teammates!

We in there.

t22ANeN.gif

I reallllllllllllly hope we don't get the Abjured.

So what's everyone playing as? If no one is going DPS I'll bring the Power Ranger to eat NPCs.

Wanderer5

If you stink at the game you can still outlive other teammates!

So what's everyone playing as? If no one is going DPS I'll bring the Power Ranger to eat NPCs.

That not always the case from what I seen.:p

And I thinking of bringing my celestial rifle engi still.

Retro

So going back to trying to figure out mumble.:p Where do I find the server? I don't see it in the NA listings.

Server > Connect > Add New... then enter the info that's in the e-mail tags in the first post of this thread (quote my post to see it) or in the guild message of the day.

Moondrop

Banned
I think we've got:

Lump: Hambow
Moondrop: Celestial staff ele
Kanik: Bearbow
Ashodin: Guard?
Wanderer: Celestial rifle engi

Seems well-rounded.

Well, a Legend is more like an entire weapon set than just an elite skill though?

Ventari being a Legend though. It would be cool if you could something special like talking to the Pale Tree while in that form! Or maybe even Mordremoth itself.

SourBear

Banned
Yea. Its not a skill. Think of it as basically spending a week on an engineer kit. That's essentially what the legends are - except they replace the utilities instead of the weapon skills.

Also, my guess would be that they show a new weapon along with it. Maybe the staff... which I would really love to see.

Jalis was hammer
Mallyx was mace/axe

This new one will probably staff.

And then I forget the name of the other leaked legend but he is probably sword/sword or sword/dagger.

Ettie

Do we have confirmation that the Daydreamer's weapons are going up to 5 tickets tomorrow? The prices on the TP are starting to climb quickly.

Shiro <3

I'd rather have the full details of the Rev first. All weapons at least.

I kind say if I think Rev should have greatsword. In a way, I think they should, but in another way, so many classes have access to greatsword already... But greatsword is the greatest weapon of all time.

Dai-Katanas.. Lightsabers. It's just not a contest. Two handed-sword decapitation followed by a kick to the face. That poetic violence.

There is no finesse to an axe, hammer or a mace. Those things are crude and more fit for sued in manual labor.
Staffs are just portable stripper poles and rifles and daggers are the weapons of a coward.

Bows are okay, but rudimentary.

Swords are fantastic, but one handed swords lack a certain symmetry. If swords was a tinder profile, I wouldn't swipe right. I think.Maybe. hmmmmm.

Ashodin

I'm playing Medi Guard, but I've been thinking about playing a defensive build that helps the door breakers get to their objectives. I've heard the Tome of Courage's 5 skill can instantly get them to full health (and also works on the Lord (!))

We'll actually have time tomorrow to play some before the tournament, so I suggest we get on early to do so.

Retro

The last set was 4 weeks, but I'm not sure if that was an Anet published thing or just wisdom from the playerbase.

I seem to recall them giving a bit of a heads up before they increase the price, but I'm not sure how long in advance it is.

Llama time tomorrow!

Hi there,

We just wanted to remind you that Stronghold Beta Tournament #1 (NA) is starting in the next 24 hours. This tournament may require players to check in before the start time and organizers may disqualify those that do not do so. The check in button will appear once check in has started.
Start Time Tomorrow at 8:30 PM
Check In Time Tomorrow at 8:00 PM
Check In Link *******

Please note that all times are displayed in America/New_York time.

See you then!
- Battlefy Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom