• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

We in there.

t22ANeN.gif

I reallllllllllllly hope we don't get the Abjured.

Bry0

Was looking at my mails, and found a poem I wrote as a joke to one of my friends after a failed night of mystic forging. Thought maybe some of you would get a kick out of it! :p

The Forge. Mystic. Forge.

Tears, thy forge
a forge... of tears.

In goes glistening, shining…
Yet the sun never rises.

Endless, my struggle, as I try…
forever question... but why?

Oh forge, you do me no harm, yet harm is all you are.

What could I be if it were not for you forge? mystic forge.

Forge of all my tears.

Bring on the precursor crafting!

Xanathus

For some reason I couldn't find this thread anywhere on the Gaming Community forum so I'm posting here to see if it bumps it to the front page.

I would figure out why it is only using two PCI-E lanes, but I would also turn down the Character Model Limit and see how much the frame rate changes. Even with a much better CPU I wouldn't bother using anything above Medium.

I would figure out why it is only using two PCI-E lanes, but I would also turn down the Character Model Limit and see how much the frame rate changes. Even with a much better CPU I wouldn't bother using anything above Medium.

As for the PCI-E lanes, I don't think it's actually using only two, considering other games work fine. Character Model limit does not help either, none of the settings are causing the problem, it seems.

Edit: Strangely though, at lowest settings, looking at the ground gives me 120 fps while looking at any player or enemy drops me to 20. That is ridiculous.

Retro

Excellent Missions, as usual, folks. Crystal Challenge, Proxemic's Puzzle, Bwikki / Teesa for Bounty and Quaggan rush to wrap it up.

Makeups are tomorrow at 3pm Eastern time.

Wanderer5

Did the first fractal run in like ages heh. During the final fight of cliff fractal, I got teleported into the cages 8 times.XD Was trying to get to 10, but alas.:p Mai fight reminded me of how fond I was of the sky pirate update. I was in joy of checking out the steampunk like stuff, later the weapon set when they came out heh.

And whew the heat!

I have no idea what farktal

......wat

:(

What time zone are you? It's 4AM EDT right now so I'm not surprised you're having trouble finding a newbie-friendly group (let alone a group at all). If you're on during the afternoon sometime I'll go with you to a low level fractal :O

AlStrong

What time zone are you? It's 4AM EDT right now so I'm not surprised you're having trouble finding a newbie-friendly group (let alone a group at all). If you're on during the afternoon sometime I'll go with you to a low level fractal :O

rofl.

Yeah, Mountain time.

Fortunately found someone to explain a ton of stuff to me (so newb). I'll be back later :D

much newb

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
It's quite short (5-7 hours) but Galaxy levels of good according to the impressions of the OT.

I still have to play it, getting to level 10 was a priority :D

I'd rather have short and good than short and zzzzz.

On a related topic, I started The Order yesterday and after 1 hour don't want to play anymore.
rZeuWnB.png

If you aren't playing GW2 you should be playing the Witcher, not silky baby games like Splatoon.

I'd rather have short and good than short and zzzzz.

On a related topic, I started The Order yesterday and after 1 hour don't want to play anymore.
rZeuWnB.png
That's one game I wish I was able to return digital versions of games.

Retro

Splatoon is the best game released since GW2.

It's no threat to GW2, obviously, as it's on a console. But what a game.

It's a damn good thing you declared it non-threatening to Guild Wars 2 or we would have had to hold you down, force you to drink blood from a skull and return you to the Black Sleep of Kolin Ma. We cannot abide disloyalty!

Seriously though, I've been impressed with Splatoon since they first revealed it, and out of E3 last year it was the game I ended up most impressed with. Eventually the Wii U's library is going to reach critical mass and I'm just gonna have to get one.

Also, Temple of Doom is a pretty fucked up movie when you're 5.

Retro

Excellent Make-up missions as always, someone mentioned early on that we had a low turnout but by the time the Branded for Termination challenge was started we had a pretty decent number in Mumble. Proxemics Puzzle, Tarban Bounty and Spider Scurry Rush all went off without a hitch.

Thanks again to all of our volunteers who offer their time to help their fellow guildies get their comms for the week.

Regular missions will be Saturday at 9pm Eastern, Makeups 3pm Eastern next Sunday. No idea if we'll get any news or details on the other elite specs this week, usually there's a teaser on Monday so watch this space.

A special thank you to Zeroth and Ike for hanging loose at the end of today's makeups so we could start the rush over again and get Celestia through. Today was her first time doing missions and Spider Scurry isn't exactly an easy one to learn on. This was a moment where it could have easily gone the other way; she might have felt overwhelmed and abandoned, and possibly sworn off Guild Missions all together which would have been a real shame. Instead, you guys stuck with it, made sure she got through, and instead of being annoyed or defeated she sounded positively excited for missions next week. I know you guys had a dungeon group waiting, but you guys stayed to help a guildie (one who literally just jumped in from Callunah's WvW guild to boot) and for that I'm grateful.

These are the kind of things that make me proud to be involved with this community, happy to know we've made great decisions when picking officers, and just the general warm-&-fuzzies in general.

<3 GAFGuild

Minamu

Ah so that's what I saw in the guild chat at the end.

Just a few days more and I should have enough gold for Dawn :D I kinda want to get to a 1000g first so I have some gold left to work with (wanted to get some holographic wings but the cool ones aren't for sale apparently). Feels good to be so close, big thanks to braxxy for donating 50g too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom