• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

Speaking of Norn, I made my very first one, cause...

gw970_zpsbpv6scal.jpg

gw980_zpsbepmzseb.jpg

Been back into a certain series that about a female protagonist who raids tombs and such.:p Sadly the best possible chestpiece was removed from the gem store during that spring cleaning.:( Oh and she a werewolf! She must go through ruins to find a way to break the curse!

Minamu

Minamu recently got a new hairstyle and decided to change things up a bit with some Platinum Blonde hair and pure Celestial clothes. It's like she took inspiration from Gandalf the White xD With that Sunrise she'll be looking quite angelic to say the least. Won't be back home until tomorrow Monday to try and finish the job, the TP ain't making any money when you're away on a trip :/

Fluffy was the longest Champ fight I've seen in a while. Frequent Protection/Retaliation/Reflection uptime will do that, I suppose. Not a lot of boon stripping going on unfortunately. Underwater combat tactics don't get a lot of play.

Mendax

So I'm doing story season 2 for the first time and I am amazed at the quality of it. Before it began I was expecting LS1 level of meaningless tasks (like smashing refugee signs into the ground) but actually this is better than the personal story. wow.

Levyne

Banned
It's been a few months but the only one I remember having to practice at and take some time was the Wicked Rodeo one involving the centaur boss. Everything else was mostly using dulfy just to make sure I was doing everything needed for them first go (or maybe second).

Zeroth

My new mouse arrived, a Logitech G600. First time I'm ever using a "gamer" mouse so I'm still getting used to it, but my first impressions are very positive. On one hand it feels weird to not click on my skills, but I can see the obvious benefits from it (I can full a very basic might stack combo, the elementalist Staff rotation, much faster after 10 minutes of playing around than I ever did clicking on my skills).

I need to get rid of a few bad habits though. For example, before I would use my ring finger along with my middle finger on my right button to move the camera, but now my ring finger has its own button (which I use to pull ctrl+number combinations, in this case my elemental attunements), so I'm getting used to it still so that I don't swap elements when I meant to move the camera and cast something.

Moondrop

Banned
Zeroth outs himself as a skill-clicker. Wow. :p

The G600 design is really interesting with that ring finger button. I have a G700s with no ring finger button (though I don't use it for GW2).

Retro

Guild Mission Makeups in an hour!

Ruinmaker, which is around 2g on TP.

Ah, thank you. They look nice and intimidating without too much decoration (the Guild Pistol skins are just a little too gaudy with the wings and shiny bits, but the rest of the design looks like every trigger pull would sound like thunder).

female Toon Link (lime, zest, mithril, pottery)

female Link (viridian, ivory, pottery)

I see what you did there.

Proven

I was thinking recently, we have a few TP barons of various scale in the guild. Why don't we have an in house Trading Post Committee for the guild? A group that can research what could be flipped or whatever that the guild can then produce en masse to be sold.

I didn't completely think this through... And I'm not sure we really need the funds for anything anyway...

Zeroth

I was thinking recently, we have a few TP barons of various scale in the guild. Why don't we have an in house Trading Post Committee for the guild? A group that can research what could be flipped or whatever that the guild can then produce en masse to be sold.

I didn't completely think this through... And I'm not sure we really need the funds for anything anyway...

I'm not exactly a fan of market manipulation. I prefer smart investments over manipulatings items to make money.

That said, I wouldn't mind talking to people over what items could be valuable in the future. I recently made a 4x return on a specific item which might still be profitable in the long run, if other gaffers are interested.

Minamu

Zeroth: Always :)

I agree on the manipulation thing too. There are also plenty of sites, gw2tp.net at the forefront, that already calculate the flip profits of everything. That's how I've made my "fortune".
A few hundred candy corn cobs can go a looong way :)

To those using GemFX, did something change with it recently? I reinstalled it to try something (108), but it errors out every time. (Not installed into bin, but into root, using -nopatchui and all that jazz). I had used GemFX before with great success, but using it the same way now just causes a crash at launch. The GemFX9 log and GemFXlogs show no errors.

EDIT: Huh. SweetFX2.0 won't work either. Must be something with my PC then.

nataku

Great news, a new xbox controller with more buttons just in time for Mesmer getting a F5 ability.

Hopefully they fix whatever shitty dongle they use to connect it to the PC. I went through multiple dongles with my 360 pad, even ones that were supposedly fixed with the fuse bypass.

Steam controller all the way until I hear otherwise.

Levyne

Banned
Hopefully they fix whatever shitty dongle they use to connect it to the PC. I went through multiple dongles with my 360 pad, even ones that were supposedly fixed with the fuse bypass.

Steam controller all the way until I hear otherwise.

They announced a wireless adapter a couple months back but I'm not sure it's actually come out yet? Afaik XBO controllers need to be connected via USB for use with a PC.

But yeah, it's going to be (or already is, if it came out) some sort of dongle. A quick google seems to suggest it will come out around the same time as windows 10.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
is this thing not supposed to be compatible with windows 7?

I think the wireless dongle is Windows 10 exclusive. They might have decided to also make this new controller Windows 10 exclusive too even when wired. :-/

Can't wait to upgrade from the DS4. The battery lasts like 8 hours and the bluetooth connection drops for half a second sometimes which can lead to embarrassing things like my heal not working when fighting a punk like Kohler.

Quenk

Those extra buttons on the new xbox controller might not actually register as different button inputs. If I read things correctly, you choose which of the other buttons to map to it.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Those extra buttons on the new xbox controller might not actually register as different button inputs. If I read things correctly, you choose which of the other buttons to map to it.

Xpadder should still be able to read it as its own inputs. I've owned Gravis/Logitech controllers with similar features (i.e. remap this random button as any button you like) and Xpadder & Pinnacle were able to read it as its own unique input. Although Microsoft may end up doing some voodoo to ruin the dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom