• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
For the new page for 50 ppp

I feel like the Guild hasn't had many chances to do anything together in a large-ish group in a while. Luckliy with the update there seems to be a little bit more energy in the game recently. I can't think of a better time for something like this:

GAF Jumping Puzzle Event: Troll's Revenge
Sunday, June 28th after make-up missions (~5:00pm ET)

The new jumping puzzle in LA is quite cool and while it is an extensive trip around a good chunk of New LA, I feel like it doesn't meander as much as the silverwaste puzzle and would make a good group event. I had a lot of fun completing it with a couple of GAF and figuring out all the little details of how the puzzle leads the player through visual cues and the like.

Anyone is welcome to participate. I hope to see a lot of people there, whether you had already done the puzzle by then or not. Bring Mesmers! Because there are no real checkpoints to retry from what I could tell. I hope that we can get a lot of people through without them having to resort to following a dulfy guide by themselves or something boring like that (I see people selling ports to the portions of the puzzle, pretty lame imo).

And of course, I'm sure there will be a picture opportunity at the end, the most important part.

I hope the time works for most of you! We can shift it around if another time seems more appropriate.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hmm is that trait a requirement? I don't know any of the trait's names tbh xD

So weird, I use my shatters sometimes several times per fight and I haven't noticed anything xD Maybe my graphics settings are too low or something.
It's not at all a requirement, and the other choices are very strong. Torch isn't viewed as that valuable in general.

...still, it's such a cool trait name/combo that I'm going to have to work out a build for it :D

A TON of the Mesmer traits are pretty incredible now. I dropped Deceptive Evasion for the first time ever last night so that I could take Mistrust- my perplexity build is mondo bonkers now. It's great.
The gems I would pay for build templates.
It's a true necessity now

Levyne

Banned
That's 5am my time -_- Is it possible to do it after Saturday missions, or is that too late?

Um, I was planning on going through it sometime Saturday night to refresh my memory for sunday. I didn't want to pick that time since it would be too late for europe.

Thorgal

all my mats put together rack up currently 557 gold .

If i include all the custom items ( which includes 2 precursors ) that is 1621 gold making my bank total worth at 2178 gold total

Moondrop

Banned
Apparently engi grenades are doing double damage. I knew something was wrong when I was being downed by them so quickly last night.

nataku

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-the-guildwars2-guild-emblem-contest/

Hello, Tyrians,

As you may already know, we recently revealed details about the guild halls in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™. Since the original Guild Wars®, guild halls have always been a place for players to gather, celebrate, and fight. Because we decided to bring them back and offer new homes for the Guild Wars 2 community to cherish, we also thought it was the right time to bring back another Guild Wars 2 tradition: the Guild Wars 2 Guild Emblem Contest!

To celebrate Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns and the return of guild halls, we will be adding the entries of the five winners of this contest into the game. The contest will run from today, June 26, until August 1, 2015, at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7). See below for details on how to enter the contest, and make sure to follow the rules and guidelines for a chance to become one of our five winners and perhaps wear your own guild emblem in Guild Wars 2.

Prizes

First place: A code for 2000 gems, a Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns T-shirt, a Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns lanyard, a Guild Wars 2 signed art book, and a Mist Herald Back Item Skin Set.

Second place: A code for 1200 gems, a Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns T-shirt, a Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns lanyard, a Guild Wars 2 art book, and a Mist Herald Back Item Skin Set.

Third place: A code for 800 gems, a Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns T-shirt, a Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns lanyard, a Guild Wars 2 art book, and a Mist Herald Back Item Skin Set.

Fourth place: A Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns T-shirt, a Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns lanyard, and a Mist Herald Back Item Skin Set.

Fifth place: A Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns T-shirt, a Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns lanyard, and a Mist Herald Back Item Skin Set.

Good luck to you all, and may Lyssa inspire you!

The Warrior healing skill Mending was supposed to become a Physical skill, but it isn't marked as such and isn't affected by the trait for Physical skills.

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, so maybe no one cares. It actually wouldn't be a bad choice with the cooldown reduction. Decent heal that removes two conditions every 16 seconds.

Zeroth

Shiokazu

thanks to zindan, i finally can stop suffering and start being fashionaaabluuh now.

screenshots follow. 1st, emperor`s
3EGcSl0.jpg

oDMheac.jpg

o0757PF.jpg

xf4v6Uo.jpg

Dwayna`s
kr9sGK0.jpg

y9fUZqr.jpg

XNFxucY.jpg

XsRTvdc.jpg

Retro

Update Notes:
Bug Fixes:

World Bosses
Karka Queen: The Armored effect will also decrease condition damage per stack as well as physical damage.

The following world bosses have had their health doubled and can now be critically hit:
  • Great Jungle Wurm
  • Fire Elemental
  • Shadow Behemoth
  • Tequatl the Sunless
  • Claw of Jormag
  • Amber Great Jungle Wurm
  • Crimson Great Jungle Wurm
  • Cobalt Great Jungle Wurm
  • The Shatterer
  • Inquest Golem Mark II
Professions
Mesmer
  • Healing Prism: Increased the base healing by 200%. Added a 10-second internal cooldown.
Ranger
  • Clarion Bond: Added a 30-second recharge to the skill Call of the Wild, which is triggered by this trait.

Logged in for a bit. Lions arch sure is pretty, but wow, I have no idea what to do with skills anymore. Will take some time to work all this out I think.

Mxrz

Finding it really hard to disengage now. So much ranged/conditions.

Bank thingy came up with 1800+ in mats. Seems awfully high.

Levyne

Banned
With the core spec update, Apple and I were able to duo lupi without the wall exploit in about 5 minutes instead of 6ish. Still pretty difficult with his auto behaving how it is and getting all the reflects and blocks to behave, but neat to know we can still do it with the traits changing around and such, despite vigor nerf and getting used to having to spec a bit differently and not having all the same tools as before. Still feels like its a bit random whether the reflect wall or smoke screen will catch his projectile. Taking hits even when standing in it the whole time is annoying. I wouldn't attempt a solo due to that.

Wallach

Bank calculator thing is neat. Doesn't seem to list the value of anything in my personal bank space, though. I've got about ~400g worth of mats and about ~5,000g worth of items in my personal bank (largely due to the Twilight just sitting in there until HoT).

Thorgal

About the World boss double HP increase :

I feel that it was necessary .

After the patch update everyone's DPS increased by +- 20 % and the condi cap removed which is awesome , but it caused World bosses ( which are already dead easy ) to become glorified punching bags .

A boss like teq should not be beaten by a full pug map before the 10 minutes mark is reached .

now i am not saying that Anet 's idea of just flat out increasing every boss health pool by 100% is a good thing but i am also not expecting it too stay that way either .

If come monday their data indicates that out of a 100 teq maps only 10-20 succeeded in killing it , then they will look into slightly reducing it again till they hit a sweet spot .

I am very interested in seeing the SBI TEQ tonight to see if it really is too much and Anet has to scale it back or if it fine ?

Wallach

Well, they need to fix the critical hit issue before they do any further world boss health tweaking. On pretty much all world bosses that were changed there is only one hitbox that is actually susceptible to critical hits. The vast majority of attacks players make still have no chance to critically hit.

Well, they need to fix the critical hit issue before they do any further world boss health tweaking. On pretty much all world bosses that were changed there is only one hitbox that is actually susceptible to critical hits. The vast majority of attacks players make still have no chance to critically hit.

Some of them are fucking stupid hotbox spots, SB is at the purple area where he's coming out the ground and it has to be melee since you have no target at that spot, but that area is death lol.. Teq is under his belly and you need melee, telling a lot of players who feel safer with range attacks to go fuck yourself, they need to fix this shit asap..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom