• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukinon

i don't think i can ever solo queue again...

pvping with guildies is much more enjoyable (and less stressful!)

xnsr8Wg.jpg

Proven

i don't think i can ever solo queue again...

pvping with guildies is much more enjoyable (and less stressful!)

PvP with the guild, win with the guild.

I just know when guild teams come out I'm going to be sad and unable to participate much of the time.

Spyware

It looks nice, but I good with outfits for now. Maybe later during a sale or such.

I probably look at the dyes on the other hand.

Edit: Apparently there some eyesore clipping with female even when idling/standing around.
That's what I'm feeling now too. I have oh so many outfits, why would I need another? ...but at the same time this one does fill a spot that's missing in my collection. Bah, who am I kidding, I'm gonna get it anyways because I'm just not strong enough to resist it. Looks soooo good on all charr, all asura and norn male <3

The dyes will ruin me.

That clipping will be fixed btw!

Mxrz

42k guardian mace crits on teq. woo pve bugs.

Venom & stealth is weirdly fun. Still dies if a mesmer presses F1 anywhere on the map, but bouncing around, tossing venoms out worked better than expected.

Mxrz

Time for the mob to circlejerk about sab again. Always enjoyable when they take facts that I know are true, say they aren't, and then prove it by downvotes. Woowoo.

AC seems harder. I never paid much attention to health totals in there before. But now my guardian rolls in with 3100ish. Even my warrior gets 1-shot by a spike trap. Different days and all, but it is weird that CoE feels like the easiest dungeon now.

Time for the mob to circlejerk about sab again. Always enjoyable when they take facts that I know are true, say they aren't, and then prove it by downvotes. Woowoo.

AC seems harder. I never paid much attention to health totals in there before. But now my guardian rolls in with 3100ish. Even my warrior gets 1-shot by a spike trap. Different days and all, but it is weird that CoE feels like the easiest dungeon now.

Since the spec change people are completely clueless as to what build to run, waiting for the community meta, so i have given up on AC, Dungeons like CoE require more skills and i think the players running them understand their class and don't need community meta builds..

AC is harder because downscaling is much harsher since the patch. A level 80 in ascended gear isn't really much stronger than a level 35 in masterwork.

You've got more skills and traits/specs unlocked, of course.

The level 80 dungeons are much easier though since almost everyone got hefty DPS boosts.

Colin on reddit on SAB;

Rinith's reply is probably the closest description to the reality as of today where we stand with SAB. We've made a number of changes to the physics engine as a result of places like Silverwastes, Dry Top, and the expac that means we need to go back and re-work SAB to use all the new movement systems. It also needs a pretty solid rewards overhaul, and I know Josh would love to make some changes to world 2 before it returns.
We're all focused on expansion - both the announced details, and the un-announced details and simply can't peel anyone off a team to work on it right now without it effecting expac. The two SAB worlds we've seen will return as we've said before, but simply put our focus right now is on making the expansion amazing :)
( https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3brt34/news_on_sab/ )

Retro

Seems to happen every month, always the same people that start it but it always gains traction from there. As usual, nobody understands that the base game has changed and they would need to re-do large parts of it (this is not the first time the devs have had to explain that either), they just want it now.
tantrumkpskh.gif

Happy Canada day to all our Canadian guildies aka best guildies.

Happy Birthday, America's Hat! You keep the cold out in the winter and give us a place to affix our fancy Alaskas. Thank you for the all the syrup and reminding the rest of us why selling liquids in a bag is dumb.

seems to me the headline is that SAB will return? did we know that already? I didn't know that already

It's been obvious for a while, but they don't say anything to keep people from getting frothy about it, which makes people frothy that they aren't communicating an estimated release date they can get frothy about when it doesn't happen "as promised."
tantrumkpskh.gif

(Getting a lot of use out of the tantrum emoticon today).

Mxrz

Um. Turning off the Symbolic Avenger trait but leaving Grenadier alone feels like a bit of a "fuck you!" there, ANet. Fix broken stuff by all means, but picking and choosing like that leaves a lot of room for not so benevolent speculation.

The timing of all of this is pretty bad.

Ashodin

Um. Turning off the Symbolic Avenger trait but leaving Grenadier alone feels like a bit of a "fuck you!" there, ANet. Fix broken stuff by all means, but picking and choosing like that leaves a lot of room for not so benevolent speculation.

The timing of all of this is pretty bad.

For what he's talking about:

Due to its current unintended behavior, the Symbolic Avenger trait has been temporarily disabled until the next scheduled release. If you were using this trait, we suggest you select a different one until the trait is re-enabled.

Yeah I need to swap to another trait. Damn that really sucks, I love that trait with all my heart (not because it's broken, but because it's just plain awesome).

Symbol Guardian too stronk confirmed.

Meanwhile.......

Earlier I joined for the hell of it a PUG group for Path 2 AC.

These guys were totally new to AC and didn't know how to do Ghost Eater.

So I lead the entire run and kept them alive while explaining fights, it was pretty awesome!

L4vAhoIh.jpg

uunCljHh.jpg

nataku

Nothing worse than people randomly giving you swiftness on a JP, screwing up your jump timing and sending you flying off the edge.

Would there be any interest in a Guild Dungeon Event one weekend soon? Specifically, something along the lines of an ARAH 4 ALL. (Be aware before committing you'd need at least two hours, if not three, set aside for this one, just to be safe.)

There are a lot of people in the guild missing the final path of The Ruined City of Arah, so I think it would be a blast if we split up into as many parties as we can fill and guide everyone through it together. We'd spread out the veterans of course and try to make each party as well constructed and balanced as possible. Much Mumbling would be involved.

It would be a GAFSmash affair too, so no worries about whether you're "meta" enough to be involved. We'll kill everything that dares look at us funny, and we'll do whatever it takes to get everyone through. (Those involved need to be level 80 obviously, and it would probably be in their best interest to bring their best class/build and their 'A' game.) There will probably be a few deaths and even full party wipes, but we'd all be there to cheer each other on.

The boss fights are some of the most unique in the game, so you're missing out if you've never seen them. It's "challenging content" most people never attempt, and I really want to see how everyone handles it.

Retro

Would there be any interest in a Guild Dungeon Event one weekend soon? Specifically, something along the lines of an ARAH 4 ALL. (Be aware before committing you'd need at least two hours, if not three, set aside for this one, just to be safe.).

I'm pretty sure I'm missing COF3 and one Arah path for Dungeon Master, not sure which but I bet it's the one nobody ever does. So I'd be down for this and all future dungeon shenanigans. Maybe after Make-ups Sunday would be a good time slot, like the JP event last week?

Ashodin

Oh man I would totally be down for that!

I'm missing all three Arah paths for Dungeon Master.

Retro: Let's do COF3 tomorrow!

We did Aetherpath and CoF3 with Quenk tonight for his first times, and I loved hitting paths that we don't do often. (Though in truth even Aetherpath has become fairly common for us at this point.)

This Arah 4 event is one I've really wanted to do for a few months now, so I would love to see it come together and get GAF's finest together in some glorious battles to put away Zhaitan's last surviving commanders for good.

yukinon

This Arah 4 event is one I've really wanted to do for a few months now, so I would love to see it come together and get GAF's finest together in some glorious battles to put away Zhaitan's last surviving commanders for good.

oooh!! i've never done p4.

count me in, ike! :D

Xanathus

I'd join in too if the time is appropriate, ideally for me it would be immediately after normal guild missions. We could even make it a competition if there are enough dungeon parties to see which one finishes it first, but the parties would have to be balanced between people who've done it before.

I'd be fine with competing on some shorter dungeon paths on a different day, but this is one I'd prefer to see all of the parties try to stick together. There is a very real chance of people getting frustrated and giving up, and the stress of it being competitive on top of that should be avoided. The idea is also for us to all use the same Mumble channel so we can share the same information before each fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom