• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quenk

We did Aetherpath and CoF3 with Quenk tonight for his first times, and I loved hitting paths that we don't do often. (Though in truth even Aetherpath has become fairly common for us at this point.)

This Arah 4 event is one I've really wanted to do for a few months now, so I would love to see it come together and get GAF's finest together in some glorious battles to put away Zhaitan's last surviving commanders for good.

Thanks again for going through those paths with me. That was a pretty quick 100+ AP. I'm definitely down for a guild Arah 4 event. Hopefully more people will show interest.

streaking while shouting ARAH?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQYjIzg1DfU ?

Retro

I wish there is a Gafguild Oceanic, timing is always an issue for me with these guild events.

When HoT hits and we don't have to build / consume guild missions, this could be a real, viable option if there's enough demand for it. I can't speak for the other guild leaders or officers, but I feel like if someone would like to kick off missions at times when most of us are asleep, we can set up the permissions and such so they can at least start missions.

The problem is going to be turn out; you need at least 12 people, though you could theoretically do the Langmar Puzzle with as few as 6 if you were all crazy good jumpers. Since the missions will also be pre-set after HoT, at least you'd know what you were up against and could plan for it.

We really have tried to be as inclusive with the timing of events as possible but obviously we can't get everyone. If there's a demand for it and it doesn't affect our ability to run missions at the other scheduled times (and based on what they said, it shouldn't), I'd be all for it... I just won't be up at 4am or whatever it is local time to help out, but that's no reason someone else can't kick things off when the mission system changes over.

Retro

One of the editors at TenTon says some news is coming at noon EST which is in about 10 minutes.

I'd totally join an Oceanic GAF because that's my time zone too.

Well, keep in mind it wouldn't be a new guild, we'd just need someone to offer to start missions and get them organized. Normally the leaders/officers handle it but since they're asleep at that hour we can create a special rank for whoever wants to run missions during Oceanic Peak hours.

EuroGAF failed hard and so will OcenaicGAF so stop asking for things that suck.

Without calling anyone out by name, the reason the separate EU guild died is because one individual decided to ignore our advice, start a poll and push for a separate guild before we could have EU players test how the latency was playing from Europe on NA servers. That person then promptly disappeared a few months after launch leaving a bunch of EU players stranded on a server with nobody to play with, and we've been helping them get transferred over ever since.

If I had known then what I know now, I would have told that person to fuck right off and let us handle it, but at the time we didn't want to tell people where they should play beyond "We'll be on SBI."

Xanathus

Well, keep in mind it wouldn't be a new guild, we'd just need someone to offer to start missions and get them organized. Normally the leaders/officers handle it but since they're asleep at that hour we can create a special rank for whoever wants to run missions during Oceanic Peak hours.

Oh I misunderstood but that's just as cool anyway. An Oceanic missions time would probably be just halfway in between normal missions and makeup missions.

Retro

Probably. Very cool in concept, but the community is probably going to stop reading and chew on the words "players will be allowed to purchase" all fucking day without reading the rest of the announcement to see that the heroes are Free, Free with HoT and unlocked via a reward track, respectively. The article mentions a blog post is coming today too. Edit: Blog post is up now: Meet the Mist Champions!

Oh I misunderstood but that's just as cool anyway. An Oceanic missions time would probably be just halfway in between normal missions and makeup missions.

Yeah, there's no point in splitting the guild up into different regional factions since the GAFGuild has everything unlocked already and players from around the world can jump on NA servers without too much trouble. Splitting up runs the risk of a guild imploding while the others have to sit, watch and try to rescue as many survivors as possible, like we did when EU GAFGuild went kablooey.

Retro

Since it was kind of edited into my last post, here's the new blog post; Meet the Mist Champions!

Pay to win overreaction by GW2 community coming in a few minutes.

Considering how you unlock them 'purchasing' is a weird word to use.

I don't disagree with either of these statements. Very odd choice of words the community will flip out over without reading the actual article.

Edit: Already a dev response;
ArenaNetBG
At this time there aren't any plans to sell Mist Champions for Gems.

Incoming salt-storm over "at this time."

Seems like people are more pissed off that this isn't "real" news because it isn't about PvE. Also supposedly "nothing" about PVE has been announced since ANET has not talked about the "challenging content".

Hedge

Two days ago, I applied for a refund for the standard edition of HoT. However, when I login to my account, it says that my account is still a HoT account, and that I cannot purchase the upgrade. Does this mean that somehow my account is messed up, or does it just take a while to remove the expansion from my account?

Has anyone experienced this?

Retro

Two days ago, I applied for a refund for the standard edition of HoT. However, when I login to my account, it says that my account is still a HoT account, and that I cannot purchase the upgrade. Does this mean that somehow my account is messed up, or does it just take a while to remove the expansion from my account?

Has anyone experienced this?

It may take them a few days to fix it, I believe they've said that the extra character slot they're giving out won't be added until HoT releases, so there may be something going on where they can't de-activate accounts or something. Did you get your money back already? Because if you got a refund and you're still getting the expansion.. um, congratulations you're getting a free expansion!
JUWnj.gif
(Probably not really)

Hedge

It may take them a few days to fix it, I believe they've said that the extra character slot they're giving out won't be added until HoT releases, so there may be something going on where they can't de-activate accounts or something. Did you get your money back already? Because if you got a refund and you're still getting the expansion.. um, congratulations you're getting a free expansion!
JUWnj.gif
(Probably not really)

No, I didn't get my money yet. The entire reason I applied for a refund was to get the ultimate edition, but eehh.. I guess I should just give it a week and contact support and see what happens.

Retro

No, I didn't get my money yet. The entire reason I applied for a refund was to get the ultimate edition, but eehh.. I guess I should just give it a week and contact support and see what happens.

Usually their customer service is really on the ball, but I've never had any experience with asking for refunds on stuff so maybe it's a more involved process. A week might not even be long enough considering it's a holiday weekend.

Ashodin

Likely there may be a few in line to convert their recent purchase so it might be a few days, otherwise I'd expect a little slowness being holiday weekend in the U.S.

Thorgal

ipkvjXZ.jpg

If everything goes according to plan (and the transport does not melt in this diabolical weather we've been having ) ill have this baby installed by next week and ill be fully back in business .

Hedge

Usually their customer service is really on the ball, but I've never had any experience with asking for refunds on stuff so maybe it's a more involved process. A week might not even be long enough considering it's a holiday weekend.

Likely there may be a few in line to convert their recent purchase so it might be a few days, otherwise I'd expect a little slowness being holiday weekend in the U.S.

Oh right, it's a holiday in the US. I quite forgot. I will wait it out and see what happens then. Thank you.

Retro

News keeps on rolling in: Announcing the First World vs. World Borderlands Stress Test

We’ll be holding our first stress test for the new World vs. World desert Borderlands on July 9 from 2:00 p.m to 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7). This test will be conducted on a special server with limited space and will be by special invitation only.

If you’re not participating, we’ll be hosting a livestream starting from 3:00 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) on the day of the test to guide you through the new Desert Borderlands. Participants will not be under nondisclosure agreements and will be welcome to stream and discuss their experiences.

We look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

THE RUINED CITY OF ARAH: SEER PATH (PATH 4)

SUNDAY JULY 19, DIRECTLY FOLLOWING GUILD MAKE-UP MISSIONS (~4:30 PM EDT)

Event Leaders: UltimateIke, appletoasty, Levyne, and Zeroth

tumblr_noisbaRChB1uw05wlo7_r1_1280.jpg

Challenging Content Ahead! GAFGuild Tackles the Hardest Dungeon!

Arah Path 4 is notorious as one of the game's toughest challenges, and we're here to make sure everyone has a good time completing it while proving that friendships will overcome all hardships!
We will step into the dungeon together with as many people as we can find and assemble the greatest teams GAFGuild has ever seen, all to do battle with Zhaitan's most loyal and powerful undead minions.

Requirements:
  • A level 80 character - Preferably one that is reasonably well-equipped and that you are comfortable playing as. Just be ready to adapt when a fight calls for it!
  • Powerful Potions of Undead Slaying - We will provide these if necessary to anyone unable to acquire them.
  • Mumble - You won't have to talk, but you will need to listen! We can use Guild and Party Chats for small things, but it will benefit everyone if we can mass communicate via voice chat.
  • Time and Patience - We will do our best to shoot for finishing in less than two hours, but we don't want to leave anyone behind! It may take some groups longer than others to clear each challenge, so please be willing to wait and cheer them on so everyone succeeds!
Recommendations:
  • Superior Sigils of Undead Slaying - Any spare weapons you can fit the sigils onto will greatly benefit from the effect within Arah.

THE TEAMS

*The number of parties will change depending on how many people we can get to commit. We want each party to be a mix of both more and less experienced players to ensure everyone is able to help where they are needed most.
*Any team formats suggested here are purely preliminary and will be adjusted as needed.

TEAM 1
☆UltimateIke (Warrior)
  • Emitan (Thief)
  • Tech-Wolf (Guardian)
  • Taffer (Necromancer)
  • -
TEAM 2
☆appletoasty (Thief/Mesmer)
  • Proven (Warrior)
  • Kanik (Elementalist)
  • Rawk Hawk (Necromancer)
  • Quenk (Elementalist/Ranger?)
TEAM 3
☆Levyne (Guardian?)
  • tiijj (?)
  • Wanderer5 (Engineer/Warrior)
  • Kos (Engineer?)
  • -
TEAM 4
☆Zeroth (Elementalist?)
  • Retro (Engineer)
  • Ashodin (Guardian)
  • Shiokazu (Elementalist)
  • -
TEAM 5+
TBD

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Rather than plan an event, you should just log in and shout ARAH. The teams will then just make themselves.

Retro

Josh Davis said:
Due to its current unintended behavior, the Grenadier trait has been temporarily disabled until the next scheduled release. If you were using this trait, we suggest you select a different one until the trait is re-enabled. (source)

Quenk

TEAM 2
☆appletoasty (Thief?)
  • Retro (Engineer?)
  • Quenk (Elementalist?)
  • -
  • -

It will help us better decide on parties if we get everyone's professions they plan to use down too.

I'd probably use either Ele or Ranger. I have other 80s but I'm the most comfortable on those two.

Ashodin

how did the symbolic avenger bug go?

You're a Guardian. I'm a Guardian.

I lay down a symbol. Enemy takes 10% more damage.

You lay down your symbol on top of mine. Enemy takes 10% x 10% damage.

Imagine 20 more Guardians all lay down their symbol.

How it's SUPPOSED to work is that YOU do 10% more damage to the enemy when they're in your YOUR symbol. Period end of story no more damage increase beyond that. You(and every other Guardian) are getting the benefit multiplicatively from every Guardian with a symbol down.

Ashodin

i sign up for team 3, PUT MY NAME THERE!

I am in Team 4!
dac15_cool.gif

Grenadier worked like this: Grenade Barrage the F skill for Grenade Kit, allowed the grenades you lay down just slightly behind an opponent deal damage once when they pierce through the target (which is seven hits) and then also have them take the seven hits upon landing. So with some skillshot play, you could insta down a target in spvp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom