• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Thanks to Yngdrgn's Deldrimor Steel I'm 2/3 of the way to an Ascended Mace, which I'm pained to say I made an Ascended Sword before the shenanigans of Specializations made Sword weaker than Mace for my spec.

It’s been a while, five or six months or something like that. Told myself I was done with GW2 and yet I’m back. I even preordered HoT! Still nice to be back and seeing all my characters, think I just needed a break more than anything. So much has changed with the traits, RIP tomes.

dnUAoQU.jpg

You take that back. With my signet trait I heal dudes for 2k a pop. Shit is ridic.

But the 10 second interval, I'd rather have less healing and shorter intervals. Then the full heal never gets off because people you just get CC trained into the ground! At least with the ToC you could trait stab, here you have to blow your CDs just trying to get it off and you still might not get it due to the stab changes.

Ashodin

Hmm are you referring to PVP? Yeah I never use that signet in PVP. Shout is the best PVP elite, I love stomping in half the time (or rezzing players in 1s)

We ran Arah P4 tonight so we'd be ready for the event Sunday, and it only took us about 40 minutes (not counting a short break). That was with us having to figure out a few things too, since none of us had done it in so long. It would probably only take 30 minutes with practice!

We won't be in any hurry Sunday though, so I hope everyone is able to come and have a good time. We'll be chilling and chatting in Mumble as we go, so it's as much about the guild hanging out together as it is finishing the path.

But yeah it's nice to be back, did pvp for a few hours, funny because I'm playing the same people I did five months ago, so many familiar faces. Then I did some wvw with my guildies for another few hours. It made me realize why I keep playing this game, the community is great (for the most part) and the combat is awesome. I've made so many friends over the years because of this game.

So what's the verdict on the expansion in terms of whether or not it's worth buying it if you already purchased the core game way back when?

edit: Never mind found the post talking about this.

Hedge

I'm still a bit sad that revenant will not have secondary weapon sets. Switching legends at the moment doesn't seem as gameplay-changing as weapons. Maybe if they add secondary passive effects of chanelling different legends, mayhaps.

Ashodin

Adventures are legit. They looked at it from a game design standpoint and sounds like they will be lots of fun!

I'm worried that they'll be only in the Maguuma Jungle though.

Shiro is gonna be a main slotted legend on all Revenants. Dat shadowstep. Dat Jade Wind

nataku

I'm still a bit sad that revenant will not have secondary weapon sets. Switching legends at the moment doesn't seem as gameplay-changing as weapons. Maybe if they add secondary passive effects of chanelling different legends, mayhaps.

I'd like the weapon skills themselves to change a bit when switching legends. Animations and range can stay the same, but modify the skill slightly to fit with whatever legend we switched to. They won't do it though, because it'd be a ton more work for them.

Maybe something where the next x number of attacks/skills used after switching legends has an effect that fits with the legend switched to, kind of like Incendiary Ammo on Engineer.

Proven

Okay, it wasn't until the last couple of days I found out that the Revenant is so strict on build options. I thought that since you had a legend swap, you would get to customize the skills on each legend. Since it would be a bit much to have 2 elite or 2 healing skills per legend, they'd compensate with 4-6 utilities you could choose to put on your bar for each legend.

While they still have access to 15 skills which is a little below the average but not too bad, they feel like they need more customization. If my original concept of the profession is not a proper idea, then I may have to concede to the idea of having the swap button swap both the weapon and legend, or even just having separate swaps between F1 and the weapon swap key. I can't think of anything else that will keep the class from feeling... stiff to players. Plus, doesn't that mean you're extra hamstrung given the current specialization mastery system?

Oh, I suppose they could have a few generic utility skills that can be swapped into any legend and connect to the generic Invocation line. Another option would be to have the 3 and 5 skills change depending on the legend you're on, and perhaps an auto attack effect...

Last criticism is that as flashy as the skills are, I can tell how stiff they feel just from watching videos. ANet knows how to manipulate/polish animations and after casts well, so I'm not too worried when you consider they only were willing to show the animations for a single race, but I can't help but make the observational comment.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
i really wanna play an elementalist but i dont wanna keep switching elements ):

i really wanna play an elementalist but i dont wanna keep switching elements ):

Burn all the things, darling.

Shiro legend looks fucking awesome! This is the kind of legend I needed to see to cement the decision to create a Revenant. Now we just need to see how bad ass the Glint legend will be. Right now I'm thinking offense/defense build but Glint could certainly usurp Jalis depending on what he looks like and if the other specializations are anything to go by, he'll likely be great. I've been hoarding all the tomes of knowledge the daily chests have been giving me to insta-max my Revenant when the expansion hits. I'll be ready when it hits. Now if we could just get a release date...

Now that the Revenant is caught up to most of the classes on reveals, I wonder if they'll just finish this class off and show it's specialization next, or if they'll now go back to the existing classes and save Revenant for last. I personally hope they do Revenant again because channeling a dragon is going to be sweet but I can appreciate those of you that main a class yet to have its specialization revealed so I'm cool with whatever order. Just start consistently showing something each week again!

Dead

well not really...yet
Shiro looks awesome

But A-Net really need to rething not adding weapon Swap to Revenant. It makes no sense when each Legend is tied to a set of weapons

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
lol If you want to be of no help to the people around, sure. Engineer is a very active class.

just trying to find a class ill really enjoy. in original guild wars i loved ranger but i dunno feels off in this. ive played warrior but guardian sounds more sexy i guess. i enjoy range classes in other games but ele from what ive heard reguires switchig between elements alot

just trying to find a class ill really enjoy. in original guild wars i loved ranger but i dunno feels off in this. ive played warrior but guardian sounds more sexy i guess. i enjoy range classes in other games but ele from what ive heard reguires switchig between elements alot

Yeah, Engineer is similar with switching to various kits during a battle. Although a lot of times I was lazy and just spammed grenades, haha.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Engineer is similar with switching to various kits during a battle. Although a lot of times I was lazy and just spammed grenades, haha.

lol im not interested in pvp really so is ele viable as one element in pve content.

or shall i just go with guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom