• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol im not interested in pvp really so is ele viable as one element in pve content.

or shall i just go with guardian

I never played the Elementalist a whole lot but I did quite a bit of open world stuff and did fine with sticking to one element. But if you plan to do dungeons then you might want to switch it up a bit to help your team mates.

Hijacking the top-ish of the page lalala

THE RUINED CITY OF ARAH: SEER PATH (PATH 4)

SUNDAY JULY 19, DIRECTLY FOLLOWING GUILD MAKE-UP MISSIONS (~4:30 PM EDT)

Event Leaders: UltimateIke, appletoasty, Levyne, and Zeroth

tumblr_noisbaRChB1uw05wlo7_r1_1280.jpg

Challenging Content Ahead! GAFGuild Tackles the Hardest Dungeon!

Arah Path 4 is notorious as one of the game's toughest challenges, and we're here to make sure everyone has a good time completing it while proving that friendships will overcome all hardships!
We will step into the dungeon together with as many people as we can find and assemble the greatest teams GAFGuild has ever seen, all to do battle with Zhaitan's most loyal and powerful undead minions.

Requirements:
  • A level 80 character - Preferably one that is reasonably well-equipped and that you are comfortable playing as. Just be ready to adapt when a fight calls for it!
  • Powerful Potions of Undead Slaying - We will provide these if necessary to anyone unable to acquire them.
  • Mumble - You won't have to talk, but you will need to listen! We can use Guild and Party Chats for small things, but it will benefit everyone if we can mass communicate via voice chat.
  • Time and Patience - We will do our best to shoot for finishing in less than two hours, but we don't want to leave anyone behind! It may take some groups longer than others to clear each challenge, so please be willing to wait and cheer them on so everyone succeeds!
Recommendations:
  • Superior Sigils of Undead Slaying - Any spare weapons you can fit the sigils onto will greatly benefit from the effect within Arah.

THE TEAMS

*The number of parties will change depending on how many people we can get to commit. We want each party to be a mix of both more and less experienced players to ensure everyone is able to help where they are needed most.
*Any team formats suggested here are purely preliminary and will be adjusted as needed.

TEAM 1
☆UltimateIke (Warrior)
  • Emitan (Thief)
  • Tech-Wolf (Guardian)
  • Taffer (Necromancer)
  • -
TEAM 2
☆appletoasty (Thief/Mesmer)
  • Proven (Warrior)
  • Kanik (Elementalist)
  • Rawk Hawk (Necromancer)
  • Quenk (Elementalist/Ranger?)
TEAM 3
☆Levyne (Guardian?)
  • tiijj (?)
  • Wanderer5 (Engineer/Warrior)
  • Kos (Engineer?)
  • -
TEAM 4
☆Zeroth (Elementalist?)
  • Retro (Engineer?)
  • Ashodin (Guardian)
  • Shiokazu (Elementalist)
  • -
TEAM 5+
TBD

(Also updated the teams)

Ashodin

Nah, their turrets are unfortunately not very good in most cases. The really effective builds are some of the most active button-wise in the game.
Yeah it's crazy considering you have to cycle through three action bars essentially. Toolkit, utilities, weapon. Four if you use a kit on top.

Rawk Hawk

Yes! Any preference for a team?

No Arah-specific experience is required, just know your class and be willing to learn :)

No real preference, edited out my quote as I thought it made it look like I was demanding your team, haha.

I will have potions and sigils, as well as mumble ready. So whoever needs my vampire abilities is fine by me.

No real preference, edited out my quote as I thought it made it look like I was demanding your team, haha.

I will have potions and sigils, as well as mumble ready. So whoever needs my vampire abilities is fine by me.

Well I'm stealing you for my team, so there :3

I will have a butt load of Arah potions to hand out the day of, for anyone who doesn't run Arah often.

Spyware

What the fuck is ArenaNet doing to my favorite characters from GW Factions?

First they ruined Nika's look and now Shiro...?

That's not even a Canthan face. REALLY?
Uhm.. that's not Shiro. It's a random Rev.
This is Shiro in GW2:

I think Nika looks fine. The hair is too dark but the rest is okay. I just wish GW2 had some GW1 Assassin armors.

I wish Anet would make another villain like Shiro, Shiro was bad mofo, fuck up gamers in Faction, then made gamers rage in Gate of Madness mission, those days were fun..

Ashodin

But we got Scarlet...

I thought Scarlet was pretty badass. Just coming up with those alliances, then just driving the breachmaker into LA.

Even her fight was pretty awesome, with the different phases and the music that evolved during the fight... Those were the times.

Also I'm not leet enough to be on Levyne's team, I just hit 14k achievements yesterday

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
PvE content in general is simply rather easy. You can make any manner of crazy nonsense viable if you want it bad enough :p

think like i do lol just like meh ill do what iu want haha

but to be fair im enjoying guardian

Nemecyst

Thanks to Yngdrgn's Deldrimor Steel I'm 2/3 of the way to an Ascended Mace, which I'm pained to say I made an Ascended Sword before the shenanigans of Specializations made Sword weaker than Mace for my spec.

Glad I could help. Had some lying around as a result of my farming for ascended heavy armor. 2 pieces left for set.

Been playing some GW1 recently and everytime I come back to this game I become a little bit more jaded about mesmers in GW2. They just feel so generic in comparison. Bummer.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Been playing some GW1 recently and everytime I come back to this game I become a little bit more jaded about mesmers in GW2. They just feel so generic in comparison. Bummer.

alot feels toned down ): played fw1 over 10k hours in 3 years i loved the game this one i enjoy but it isnt the same

5il3nc3r

I'm playing GW1 as well, currently going through Eye of the North for the first time. Pretty cool to see the races that we're so familiar with in GW2 in GW1.

A4danyPh.jpg

Visually Eye of the North hold ups really well, in fact some of the areas look as as good as some of the rougher looking areas in GW2.

Levyne

Banned
Never thought I'd ever duo Arah 4 for fun.

It was actually a lot of fun overall. Defeating the Melandru boss was some sort of weird puzzle, kind of a different sort of satisfaction when we learned how to solve it with only 2 people. Grenth was easier than we anticipated and was clearly designed for a party of 5, another cool little puzzle. The other bosses weren't much harder with 2 people compared to 5, to be honest..except

Simin was the worst of it, unsurprisingly. The mechanics for the invis/regen and the petrification seem to work somewhat randomly. And we ended up getting sparks to appear before she would even be in the regen state and etc. Bugs bugs bugs. Either that or some weird set of inconsistent rules. But mostly bugs. The stars finally aligned and we ended up killing her. I have proof!

Good practice for sunday.

Thanks for having me along, Appletoasty.

http://webm.host/50e44/vid.webm

Rawk Hawk

It was actually a lot of fun overall. Defeating the Melandru boss was some sort of weird puzzle, kind of a different sort of satisfaction when we learned how to solve it with only 2 people. Grenth was easier than we anticipated and was clearly designed for a party of 5, another cool little puzzle. The other bosses weren't much harder with 2 people compared to 5, to be honest..except

Simin was the worst of it, unsurprisingly. The mechanics for the invis/regen and the petrification seem to work somewhat randomly. And we ended up getting sparks to appear before she would even be in the regen state and etc. Bugs bugs bugs. Either that or some weird set of inconsistent rules. But mostly bugs. The stars finally aligned and we ended up killing her. I have proof!

Nice, when you guys mentioned the bugs last night, I didn't know you were just duoing it. That's pretty intense.. well done.

DAT GAFGuild power couple gets shit done. Gj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom