• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

equipment matters , hence why i said you would be at a disadvantage at low levels .

going 1vs1 against a level 80 in full ascended gear versus your uplevel toon would be a very one sided fight .

Kssio_Aug

equipment matters , hence why i said you would be at a disadvantage at low levels .

going 1vs1 against a level 80 in full ascended gear versus your uplevel toon would be a very one sided fight .

It is recommended to start at PvE, level and gear up, before going to WvW then, right?

Or could I stand a chance or be of some use at WvW at lower level?

Edit: just read your edited post! Ok, I think I got it! :)

Thorgal

It is recommended to start at PvE, level and gear up, before going to WvW then, right?

Or could I stand a chance or be of some use at WvW at lower level?

Edit: just read your edited post! Ok, I think I got it! :)

I would like to add :

You don't necessarily have to wait till fully geared up and level .

For example i am currently leveling up my engineer in WVW.

Since jumping in the center of the chaos of 2 zergs clashing is suicide for my uplevel , i stay in the back and use long range weapons to snipe people .
Yes , i would not be able to kill them but when in a party , the amount of damage i would need to do to that enemy to make the game acknowledge my contribution to kill it , i still get the reward for it .

So if you want to play WVW at level 1 you can in this way .

Also if you need an invite to the Guild , post your Account name.#### ( Ex Thorgal .1296 in my case ) or the name of one of your toons and one of the officers will let you in .

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Kanik and Adriaaa are still holding that title, we're just a bunch of scrubs

Dub4lYi.gif

somesang

Man, I asked for help running AC the other night and got it instantly.

Thanks to Ultimatelke, appletoasty, Zeroth and Seda Khold.

Just needed that last run for my first Legendary after playing on and off since launch. Next up, Sunrise.

Levyne

Banned
Yep!

Things get pretty crazy when you want to hit 20k ap.

QIQVegZ.jpg

Also I got Dragon Rank last night. Never thought I would.

TOHeQ8a.jpg

yay

Ashodin

my god, all the drink. In other news, I'm steadily approaching Bioluminescence.

Feratosh the Sylvari Warrior will be rocking dual swords all the way to the Shadow of the Dragon:

3bwbMej.gif

Ashodin

Armor set is FUGLY, give you credit for wearing that, I like parts of the set like heavy shoulders but the rest is meh...

I like everything except the shoulders and helmet. So if I were to say, wear that to guild missions (IN ONE HOUR), I'll be wearing everything except those.

Retro

Guild Missions in ~45 minutes!
Be there or... um... be there Sunday at 3pm Eastern / Noon Pacific. =p

For our new or returning players:
Guild missions are basically large group activities that award Guild Commendations, a special currency (you can see what you can buy with them here). We run the following missions twice each week:
  • Challenge - The guild is given an objective that requires coordination, such as defending a position against waves of enemies or defeating several enemies within a narrow window of time.
  • Puzzle - A large, open-world dungeon with emphasis on large, coordinated puzzles rather than combat.
  • Bounty - An NPC wandering around the world must be found and defeated within a 15 minute window. They are usually difficult to find because their path takes them all over their respective zones.
  • Rush - Players are turned into an animal with a limited number of skills and must complete an obstacle course filled with traps.
When we start a mission, the game selects which specific objective we are given randomly; because of this, the level requirement for each mission can vary wildly. A level 25 character is needed for Puzzle, but Challenge, Rush and Bounty can all go up to Level 80. If you have a level 80 character but maybe haven't played them in a while, it might be best to dust them off for missions only.

It's not necessary, but if you want to save on travel time Miktar compiled a list of waypoints you'll want to have. You can find that here; http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=109697938&postcount=18825

Please speak up in Guild Chat if you've never done missions before and I will explain what we're doing in detail before we start each one. Because most of us have been running missions for 2 years now, we have a habit of just starting them without going over what's about to happen and new players can feel completely left out or confused. Don't worry about asking for help, we all had to learn how to do them at some point.

Some quick tips;
Puzzle is the mission type that is most likely to go wrong for two reasons;
1. Doors inside the puzzle close very quickly and if you're on the wrong side of them, porting you through is difficult.
2. If you die, do not waypoint out; we will rez you.
Stay with the group and pay attention to guild chat; we will often say "Go go go!" or "Door's open!" Mumble helps a lot too, even if you're just listening in (quote the first post in the OT for server info).

Rush has some basic rules that always apply;
1. Your #1 skill will almost always be a radar-like ping that reveals traps nearby. They will show up as red circles on the ground; small rings are spike traps (go around them), large rings are rockfall traps (go around or dodge through).
2. If you're killed in a Rush, a dialogue will appear that allows you to start over instantly. Your armor will not be damaged by being killed in this way.
3. If you're having trouble, take it slow; despite the name, rushing is actually a bad idea.
4. If you're still having trouble, wait a bit; as other guildies finish the rush, they will come back to clear mobs and drop heals on you.

Guild Missions cancelled because I'm too busy putting together my dining room table.

[Citation Needed]

Kssio_Aug

I would like to add :

You don't necessarily have to wait till fully geared up and level .

For example i am currently leveling up my engineer in WVW.

Since jumping in the center of the chaos of 2 zergs clashing is suicide for my uplevel , i stay in the back and use long range weapons to snipe people .
Yes , i would not be able to kill them but when in a party , the amount of damage i would need to do to that enemy to make the game acknowledge my contribution to kill it , i still get the reward for it .

So if you want to play WVW at level 1 you can in this way .

Also if you need an invite to the Guild , post your Account name.#### ( Ex Thorgal .1296 in my case ) or the name of one of your toons and one of the officers will let you in .

Thanks!! :)
I'd like to be added to the guild: KssioAug.1560

Also... I've just saw they changed the skill system since I last played. I can't remember even the old system so well. Thing is: Can I change all my character build freely? Like, everything? (Stats, traits, skills or whatever there is)

Zeroth

Thanks!! :)
I'd like to be added to the guild: KssioAug.1560

Also... I've just saw they changed the skill system since I last played. I can't remember even the old system so well. Thing is: Can I change all my character build freely? Like, everything? (Stats, traits, skills or whatever there is)

You have been added! Just hit g, then press "Accept" and "represent"

Ashodin

Yes! Everything is now free to change like you want it to be.

Retro

Excellent Missions tonight, though we had a few delays due to conflicts with other guilds. A Lightning quick Langmar Puzzle and speedy Spider Scurry, sleep-inducing Skritt challenge and a smooth Shortfuse Bounty.

Makeup Missions are tomorrow at 3pm Eastern / Noon Pacific, followed immediately by...

THE RUINED CITY OF ARAH: SEER PATH (PATH 4)

SUNDAY JULY 19, DIRECTLY FOLLOWING GUILD MAKE-UP MISSIONS (~4:30 PM EDT)

Event Leaders: UltimateIke, appletoasty, Levyne, and Zeroth

tumblr_noisbaRChB1uw05wlo7_r1_1280.jpg

Challenging Content Ahead! GAFGuild Tackles the Hardest Dungeon!

Arah Path 4 is notorious as one of the game's toughest challenges, and we're here to make sure everyone has a good time completing it while proving that friendships will overcome all hardships!
We will step into the dungeon together with as many people as we can find and assemble the greatest teams GAFGuild has ever seen, all to do battle with Zhaitan's most loyal and powerful undead minions.

Requirements:
  • A level 80 character - Preferably one that is reasonably well-equipped and that you are comfortable playing as. Just be ready to adapt when a fight calls for it!
  • Powerful Potions of Undead Slaying - We will provide these if necessary to anyone unable to acquire them.
  • Mumble - You won't have to talk, but you will need to listen! We can use Guild and Party Chats for small things, but it will benefit everyone if we can mass communicate via voice chat.
  • Time and Patience - We will do our best to shoot for finishing in less than two hours, but we don't want to leave anyone behind! It may take some groups longer than others to clear each challenge, so please be willing to wait and cheer them on so everyone succeeds!

See Ike's post for more details / teams.

Shiokazu

Excellent Missions tonight, though we had a few delays due to conflicts with other guilds. A Lightning quick Langmar Puzzle and speedy Spider Scurry, sleep-inducing Skritt challenge and a smooth Shortfuse Bounty.

Makeup Missions are tomorrow at 3pm Eastern / Noon Pacific, followed immediately by...

See Ike's post for more details / teams.

IM READY. TOMORROW WE DINE IN ARAH.

Arksy

Hey guys!

Since I haven't played in ages, and since massively no longer exists, I've been a bit out of the loop!

Can someone give me a quick rundown of all the new stuff (I last played since the start of s2 when that desert world opened) and if possible all the new stuff coming in the expansion?

Much appreciated in advance! :)

Almost at the three year mark and there still isn't a set release date makes me disappointed. I'm going to speculate late September or October. I just want to get some new legendaries!

leng jai

I'm not so concerned about a release date. Like Wooden Potatoes I am more concerned that the expansion will not go over well with the masses and the media, and except for the players who follow the game closely.
Sometimes I forget just how many people completely misunderstand the point of the game ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_uspCbFFK0 ) and that ArenaNets philosophy, content strategy and horizontal levelling is not going to be understood by potential returning players, new players who are on the fence, or reviewers who have the potential to re-new the interest in the game.

I personally think they are putting more into the expansion after all the doubt and discussion from the community. I think it's in the "challenging game content" department and that is why it is going extra-extra slow right now. Hopefully they are building more into it, than initially planned to make absolutely sure that nobody can honestly say that the game is not worth the value it of 50 dollars.
Great MMOs have been killed by mediocre expansion packs. it really kills the vigorated interest there otherwise would have been there. Not many new people will jump into a 3 year old game with lukewarm meta.
Don't pray for release date. pray the expansion will not get 6/10 and 7/10 from every site.

Retro

Hey guys!

Since I haven't played in ages, and since massively no longer exists, I've been a bit out of the loop!

Can someone give me a quick rundown of all the new stuff (I last played since the start of s2 when that desert world opened) and if possible all the new stuff coming in the expansion?

Much appreciated in advance! :)

There are two desert zones, Dry Top and The Silverwastes, so...

• Ambrite Weapons, Carapace and Luminescent armor sets
  • Mysterious Vine / Mawdrey / Mawdrey II (Back Item, Bloodstone converter)
  • Maguuma Wastes (Region) and Silverwastes Reward Tracks
  • Trading Post redesign
  • Global Guilds
  • Crafting and Level Refinements
  • Miniatures and Finishers moved to wardrobe
  • Collections
  • Daily reward system overhaul (now login rewards + daily achievements, no more monthlies).
  • Massive class balance, Traits redesigned into Specializations
  • Lion's Arch Rebuilt.
Everything we know about HoT is here, give or take recent news on the Revenant's Legends, etc.;
http://mmoarlee.com/2015/07/07/everything-we-officially-know-about-heart-of-thorns/

Almost at the three year mark and there still isn't a set release date makes me disappointed. I'm going to speculate late September or October. I just want to get some new legendaries!

PAX Prime is August 28th, that'd be a good time to reveal it. Gamescom is early September and they'll be there as well, I believe.

And since we're all speculating, late October / early November, but I wouldn't bet gold on it. I'm not particularly worried about it, I'd rather it not be rushed.

I'm not so concerned about a release date. Like Wooden Potatoes I am more concerned that the expansion will not go over well with the masses and the media, and except for the players who follow the game closely.
Sometimes I forget just how many people completely misunderstand the point of the game ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_uspCbFFK0 ) and that ArenaNets philosophy, content strategy and horizontal levelling is not going to be understood by potential returning players, new players who are on the fence, or reviewers who have the potential to re-new the interest in the game.

I personally think they are putting more into the expansion after all the doubt and discussion from the community. I think it's in the "challenging game content" department and that is why it is going extra-extra slow right now. Hopefully they are building more into it, than initially planned to make absolutely sure that nobody can honestly say that the game is not worth the value it of 50 dollars.
Great MMOs have been killed by mediocre expansion packs. it really kills the vigorated interest there otherwise would have been there. Not many new people will jump into a 3 year old game with lukewarm meta.
Don't pray for release date. pray the expansion will not get 6/10 and 7/10 from every site.

You a fan of Dolphins?

Sorry, I had to do it, I love you.

Basically the main reason why I'm holding off on pre-purchasing the expansion. My main gripe in the game atm is the lack of meaningful PvE content and/or endgame content. Dungeon running is a joke, Fractals are painfully easy once you've ran it for the 100th+ time, and world bosses are zerg fests.

Retro

Edit: Makeups in an hour!

Eh? I thought Gamescom was early August.

Yeah, my mistake. I glanced at their site too quickly and saw "09.08.15," and missed the "05" part. Being a European show I should have expected the day before the month anyways.

Thank you to everyone who showed up to do the Arah event with us! I am so grateful to have so many guild members take part in something like this. I can not apologize enough for the connection issues I had for the majority of the time; I am so sorry that it happened and slowed everything down.

Here's our party at the end after defeating the Bloodstone:

I really hope everyone had a good time, and I hope we can do this again with more dungeons soon! I am proud of how well everyone did today, and if you can make Arah 4 look that easy, you'll have no problems with anything else.

Wanderer5

Thanks for sticking with it, everyone

Glad to have join, and despite having some struggles for the first half when you were having the issues, we were able to get through with it just fine otherwise.

Now I need to get through the other three paths eventually, which can't be worse than this one.:p

Quenk

Thanks to Ike, Apple, Levyne and Zeroth for organizing the Arah event. Other than the unfortunate connection issues, which were out of your control, I think it went smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom