• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Thanks guys, we all had a great time!

p6zbuHW.png

Ashodin

I just realized there's at least one sunrise/twilight/eternity per group

Also this is why Litany of Wrath is hella good now

8kDX0gu.gif

Dat 6K heal

I just realized there's at least one sunrise/twilight/eternity per group

Also this is why Litany of Wrath is hella good now

8kDX0gu.gif

Dat 6K heal
Before I sold my gaming PC I switched from Shelter to Litany of Wrath for my sPvP healing skill because the synergy with Smiter's Boon and Monk's Focus is just too good. Healing x 2 from the Meditations bonuses, plus the healing received from the PBAoE damage with condi cleanse means keeping up the pressure while battling it out at a point. With the zerker amulet I remember getting at least 75% of my health back if Litany struck multiple players, without using another skill (but I also have Zealous Blade traited, so I get that healing too with Smiter's Boon). With a 0.25s casting time buff it's really, really good now.

Shelter can be interrupted in sPvP. More difficult to pull off against Litany of Wrath.

ASCALONIAN CATACOMBS: STORY PATH AND EXPLORABLE PATHS 1/2/3

SUNDAY JULY 26, DIRECTLY FOLLOWING GUILD MAKE-UP MISSIONS (~4:30 PM EDT)

We will do another dungeon (mini-)event next weekend, with multiple parties, the same way we did Arah. Not anything difficult this time, just something to get our GAFGuild friends playing together in dungeons. Most people know these paths really well, so we may try to come up with something interesting (like a special theme to the runs) to liven things up, and I'll hopefully come up with some kind of rewards or hold a raffle for people who participate to sweeten the deal.

If people keep coming, we'll keep trying to organize these, and we'll work our way through all of the paths eventually, week by week. If you've never done dungeons for whatever reason, we encourage you to use these opportunities to join in! If you know anyone who hasn't done dungeons, please invite them to come too! We will more than gladly show everyone around and teach them everything we know. (And even if you've done these paths a hundred times, you should come too! Your guild will be happy to see you.)

*I know a few people mentioned needing Twilight Arbor's Aetherpath, so we'll save that one for a few weeks from now, and we'll make a bigger deal out of it, much like the Arah 4 run was. It will definitely need a day dedicated to itself.

Quenk

SUNDAY JULY 26, DIRECTLY FOLLOWING GUILD MAKE-UP MISSIONS (~4:30 PM EDT)

We will do another dungeon (mini-)event next weekend, with multiple parties, the same way we did Arah. Not anything difficult this time, just something to get our GAFGuild friends playing together in dungeons. Most people know these paths really well, so we may try to come up with something interesting (like a special theme to the runs) to liven things up, and I'll hopefully come up with some kind of rewards or hold a raffle for people who participate to sweeten the deal.

If people keep coming, we'll keep trying to organize these, and we'll work our way through all of the paths eventually, week by week. If you've never done dungeons for whatever reason, we encourage you to use these opportunities to join in! If you know anyone who hasn't done dungeons, please invite them to come too! We will more than gladly show everyone around and teach them everything we know. (And even if you've done these paths a hundred times, you should come too! Your guild will be happy to see you.)

*I know a few people mentioned needing Twilight Arbor's Aetherpath, so we'll save that one for a few weeks from now, and we'll make a bigger deal out of it, much like the Arah 4 run was. It will definitely need a day dedicated to itself.

That's too early for Hawkian to drink like the last time we did those paths together :V

yukinon

i'm loving my ranger's new and simple look *heart eyes emoji*

even the plain longbow looks great with this look :3

364p62O.jpg

pPTMK3S.jpg

dyes used:
torso // charcoal (coat), cocoa (shirt)
gloves // abyss
pants // ebony, cocoa, mahogany
shoes // cocoa

5il3nc3r

Yo, i'm practicing my cooking and am running out of space in my bag. I just threw a mountain of food into the vault, i hope you guys don't mind. If you do let me know i'll force myself to eat them.

Spyware

even the plain longbow looks great with this look :3
I've always liked that coat and those pants are amazing for human females. Some pants make them have stick figure legs... :p
You also used one of my fav dyes, charcoal! So of course I think that it all looks great! :D
I made the exact opposite choices when choosing the look for my latest human female. Bright colors and a bit on the skimpy side.

Also leveled my 27th character to 80 some days ago!

Also...
I haven't played with the guild for 8-ish months now and it makes me sooo sad. I have some health problems that makes it impossible to schedule stuff because I can't promise I'll show up at all. :( Of course it's always been problems at mission times so I constantly miss out on those too. I miss playing with you. :(

Quenk

So how worthwhile is it to convert t5 mats to T6 ?

Looking at the recipe , i stand to lose more then i potentially gain .

There are a few tools out there like gw2shinies and egg baron's spreadsheet you can use to check the average gain. I think most mats are pretty risky to convert though.

Retro

Gj on the Arah event everyone. Did this event get anyone the Dungeon Master tittle?

I still need an Arah path (P1 I think) and CoF3.

Love it, dungeons are always my favorite part of MMOs but after burning out on them hard that first year I usually only jump in if people need to fill a group. You've got my sword, axe, bow, flamethrower.

Great look, I used that skin on my thief for ages until i could get the CM coat. I'm a big fan of the more realistic weapons and armor, so that's right up my alley.

Yo, i'm practicing my cooking and am running out of space in my bag. I just threw a mountain of food into the vault, i hope you guys don't mind. If you do let me know i'll force myself to eat them.

If not, we'll clean it out. No worries.

I haven't played with the guild for 8-ish months now and it makes me sooo sad. I have some health problems that makes it impossible to schedule stuff because I can't promise I'll show up at all. :( Of course it's always been problems at mission times so I constantly miss out on those too. I miss playing with you. :(

We miss having you too, but at the end of the day, it's just a game. It's more important you take care of your health; there's no sub fee and an expansion coming so I think it's safe to say we'll be here when things improve on your end.

Levyne

Banned
i know some of you elementalist mains might be disappointed but

maybe some really cool elite spec mechanics will soften the

blow

Just saw the picture, I can already feel the salt :D
Well yes, Focus is the best off hand weapon the ele has.

Scepter sucks and probably will not be reworked.
Dagger goes well with dagger.
The hope was that a sword would provide an opportunity for something different, obviously that isn't going to happen.

blow

The mechanics would have to be so awesome and great that makes D/x or s/x actually good. I don't mean D/D. I highly doubt it it. Off hands tend to be support based weapons and focus is the best we have, ele needed a good main hand weapon.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

blow

Focus is probably my favorite thing about Ele.

It would need to be Chronomancer levels of awesome to get me to even consider swapping.

Retro

Maybe it's artistic license, but she has a Warhorn in one hand and the other is empty. Maybe Warhorn summons a weapon into your mainhand or something kooky like that.

Very interested for the blog post Thursday.

Proven

Oh. Ele. My least played class. That's nice.

I really wish I could have joined Arah on Sunday, but my weekend was too busy. There's a better chance this Sunday, but it looks like it might go from unofficial gf day to official.

And I actually like Ascalon Catacombs too...

Zeroth

Out of curiosity, does anyone here have learned the recipes for the Superior Sigil of Malice and the Superior Sigil of Bursting? The recipes were account bound and could only be acquired on the first queen's jubilee release, and I was wondering if I could request to make some for me. I'll pay the mats, of course.

Tech-Wolf

Out of curiosity, does anyone here have learned the recipes for the Superior Sigil of Malice and the Superior Sigil of Bursting? The recipes were account bound and could only be acquired on the first queen's jubilee release, and I was wondering if I could request to make some for me. I'll pay the mats, of course.

edit: scratch that I bought the other recipe and not those

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom