• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.
☆ THIS WEEK'S EVENT - SUNDAY AUGUST 2 ☆

Event #2 - Caudecus's Manor
Story Path and Explorable Paths 1/2/3

Required Character Level: 45
Required Zone: Queensdale

All dungeon runs will take place after the completion of Sunday Guild Make-Up Missions (~4:30 PM EDT). Events should be expected to take no longer than two hours.

These events are intended to be rather casual, and they will be very new-player friendly. Players of every experience level are encouraged to participate, so please invite anyone who you think would like to join.

For each full party that completes a given week's dungeon run, five gold will be added to a raffle from which one participant's name will be drawn. So if five parties complete the event, you have a chance at winning an extra twenty-five gold! The more people who show up, the more money you can win!

We will be thinking of small bonus challenges each week to announce randomly during the events, which will award more prizes, so be ready for those too!

☆ CURRENT EVENT SCHEDULE ☆

#1 - July 26 - Ascalonian Catacombs

#2 - August 2 - Caudecus's Manor

#3 - August 9 - Twilight Arbor
Story Path and Forward/Up Explorable Paths

#4 - August 16 - Twilight Arbor
Aetherblade Explorable Path

#5 - August 23 - Sorrow's Embrace

August 30 - PAX Prime
*BYE WEEK*

#6 - September 6 - Citadel of Flame

#7 - September 13 - Honor of the Waves

#8 - September 20 - Crucible of Eternity

#9 - September 27 - The Ruined City of Arah
Explorable Paths 1/2

#10 - October 4 - The Ruined City of Arah
Explorable Paths 3/4​

*DATES ARE NOT FINAL UNTIL THE WEEK OF THE EVENT AND MAY BE RESCHEDULED IN CASES OF UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES*

☆ DUNGEON MASTER CHALLENGE ☆

Any guild members able to attend all dungeon paths will be eligible for an even split of an extra two hundred gold prize! The fewer people who complete this challenge the more valuable your dedication and hard work becomes, so don't give up!

In the potential case that no one was able to show up for all of the paths, a reduced reward will be given to the guild member(s) who managed to attend the most weeks. So it's still worth giving it a try, even if you know you'll miss some weeks!​

Ashodin

Missions went really great, thanks for showing up Kos Luftar and we had no trouble at all, except for Save Our Supplies we only had our guild at the beginning there.

Otherwise, great runs and tomorrow is Ike's thingamabob after makeups!

I don't know if Retro will be there, but I am sure officers can get it if I don't wake up as well.

Plus, I think Druid might be the reveal on Monday!

Retro

Missions went really great, thanks for showing up Kos Luftar and we had no trouble at all, except for Save Our Supplies we only had our guild at the beginning there.

Otherwise, great runs and tomorrow is Ike's thingamabob after makeups!

I don't know if Retro will be there, but I am sure officers can get it if I don't wake up as well.

Plus, I think Druid might be the reveal on Monday!

Thanks for getting things done Ash, I've been feeling under the weather since last night. I'll try to make it for tomorrow's missions.

Pro

So what's your guys' take? Doing a simple Level 9 Fractal. On the Uncategorized Fractal (Jumping One). We get to the room with the four bosses and the party leader tags the Shaman I think. I'm an Ele and I'm primarily focused on hitting multiple bosses with AOE damage and hang back (hey that's what Eles do right?) and party leader gets downed in about 10 seconds along with one other team member. Meanwhile I'm strafing and dodging, staying alive, and my auto attack 1 skill is targeting the Etin instead of the Shaman. Hadn't even noticed the target by this point he was downed so quick. Party leader is all pissed off cause he's down probably and is screaming in the chat to target his tag and kicks me from the party before I even have a chance to read it basically. Like basically sorry if party leader doesn't understand you can use q and e to strafe right and left and double tap the keys to dodge and stay alive. Sigh just need 3 more Pristine Fractal Relics to work on Mawdrey but sometimes Pug groups can really sap the fun. Silver lining my next group was really nice and had good teamwork.

Ashodin

So what's your guys' take? Doing a simple Level 9 Fractal. On the Uncategorized Fractal (Jumping One). We get to the room with the four bosses and the party leader tags the Shaman I think. I'm an Ele and I'm primarily focused on hitting multiple bosses with AOE damage and hang back (hey that's what Eles do right?) and party leader gets downed in about 10 seconds along with one other team member. Meanwhile I'm strafing and dodging, staying alive, and my auto attack 1 skill is targeting the Etin instead of the Shaman. Hadn't even noticed the target by this point he was downed so quick. Party leader is all pissed off cause he's down probably and is screaming in the chat to target his tag and kicks me from the party before I even have a chance to read it basically. Like basically sorry if party leader doesn't understand you can use q and e to strafe right and left and double tap the keys to dodge and stay alive. Sigh just need 3 more Pristine Fractal Relics to work on Mawdrey but sometimes Pug groups can really sap the fun. Silver lining my next group was really nice and had good teamwork.

Any time you're on, GAF Guild can help, don't be afraid to ask any of us! PUG Groups can be terrible!

From what you wrote, it looks like the guy wanted to reset the fight and you weren't doing "optimal dps". Not really a good reason to kick you.

In general, the shaman is the better one to target as he does lots of aoe ranged damage. Often in GAFractal runs, one person kites the ettin while the rest kill the shaman.

Also, ele doesn't just "hang back and nuke" unless they run staff. I usually run d/d to help supercharge the other melee and the dodge a lot of attacks as I keep hitting.

Party leader has no clue what he's doing, it's always Rabbit, Veteran, Shaman and Ettin last, I remember this and I haven't been in fractals for over a year...

Pro

From what you wrote, it looks like the guy wanted to reset the fight and you weren't doing "optimal dps". Not really a good reason to kick you.

In general, the shaman is the better one to target as he does lots of aoe ranged damage. Often in GAFractal runs, one person kites the ettin while the rest kill the shaman.

Also, ele doesn't just "hang back and nuke" unless they run staff. I usually run d/d to help supercharge the other melee and the dodge a lot of attacks as I keep hitting.

Well I do run staff. I'm not claiming to be any fractal expert. I don't know the "optimal" order for that fight. Done them a few times but I barely even noticed the target before he kicked me. I doubt I was the one prolonging the fight with a few 1 attacks on the Etin when two others were already downed right off the bat (him being one). In my experience with that fractal nobody generally gets downed in that fight. It's one of the easier ones.

Hang back and nuke is a pretty good strategy for that fight to be honest.

You have to kill the Rabbit first, no question. It will instantly down any player it attacks, but it has a tiny health pool, so it takes a very short time to eliminate a very large threat.

The Bandit comes next; it has an explosive AoE attack that launches players, and you aren't going to last long if you can't even stay on your feet. Again, low health/high threat target.

The Ettin is easy to avoid, so that makes the Shaman the most dangerous remaining target and the one you want to kill third. If the party can't manage to dodge the Ettin while attacking the Shaman, you have the option of letting one player take aggro and kite the Ettin away from everyone else.

If this guy actually knew what he was doing, he wouldn't be spending his time "leading" level 9 Fractal PUGs, just to kick players when things go wrong. He did you a favor kicking you before you had to deal with him any further.

Well I do run staff. I'm not claiming to be any fractal expert. I don't know the "optimal" order for that fight. Done them a few times but I barely even noticed the target before he kicked me. I doubt I was the one prolonging the fight with a few 1 attacks on the Etin when two others were already downed right off the bat (him being one). In my experience with that fractal nobody generally gets downed in that fight. It's one of the easier ones.
Generally that fight is pretty easy unless you screw up dodging or avoid the aoes from the shaman or get knocklocked by vet/shaman. The ettin you just have to kite, he's harmless outside of melee.

Again, I'm not trying to justify the people who kicked you, just guessing at their state of mind.

Ashodin

Wow this build I came up with in sPVP is CRAZY good.

Magi Amulet, Honor/Valor/Virtues, Mercy Rune. Can also use Monk Rune too! (trying that out as well)

Absolutely insane vitality, damage reduction, protection stacking, crazy healing dude.

Staff / Mace/Shield.

Here's a picture of the traits:

1B2zZJI.gif

Quenk

Not sure how legit this is, DragonSeason is usually on the up-and-up and doesn't play host to rumors...

I assume that means that we'll be hearing more of HoT during August and maybe a release date announcement (like at Gamescom or PAX). We still have ~5 weeks of elite specialization reveals and I'm sure there will be at least a couple more beta weekends before the release.

Retro

I assume that means that we'll be hearing more of HoT during August and maybe a release date announcement (like at Gamescom or PAX). We still have ~5 weeks of elite specialization reveals and I'm sure there will be at least a couple more beta weekends before the release.

Not to mention "Challenging Group Content" needs to be announced and explained too. I don't think it's a release date so much as "There's a lot of info coming." Of course, people will take it as a release date tease and then get mad when it doesn't happen, but... that's gamers for ya.

Quenk

Not to mention "Challenging Group Content" needs to be announced and explained too. I don't think it's a release date so much as "There's a lot of info coming." Of course, people will take it as a release date tease and then get mad when it doesn't happen, but... that's gamers for ya.

Agreed. More info dumps makes a lot of sense with Gamescom and PAX coming up. They're perfect opportunities to show off neat stuff.

Unrelated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb6jgcCVAPg

From https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3eno7d/did_someone_say_portal_stomp/ :

How this works:

Essentially my friend Silvery Diamond discovered that portal had no cool down between uses when he was using the Temporal Enchanter trait. We thought it was caused by the super speed but we narrowed it down to the resistance boon.

It turns out the delay between portal uses is actually a hidden condition. Since resistance makes you immune to conditions, you can spam portal. That means you can replicate this with resistance, or diamond skin, berserker's stance, etc.

Brought to you by Haus Of Rekkage [Rekt].

Enjoy!

Callunah

Neo Member
Modric is also interested in being part of the dungeon shenannigans.. =) sign him up too! See you at missions today!

All dungeon runs will take place after the completion of Sunday Guild Make-Up Missions (~4:30 PM EDT). Events should be expected to take no longer than two hours.

[/INDENT]

Wanderer5

Think I be around to do AC. I pass on that challenge offer through heh, but I try to check out some of the events still, especially the arah paths.

Spyware

Missions! Thanks everyone soo much. I've missed you ^^

Here's a pretty up-to-date pic of Moriarty. He's almost 6 months and currently in a phase all havanese puppies go through: The moustache-in-eyes phase :D

Also, I wanted a longbow for my dungeon event character (sorry for picking a ranger!) and found this thing in the deepest depths of my wardrobe! Never used it before. Scyra uses Marjory's weapons otherwise so I found it a pretty good match :D

Retro

Here's a pretty up-to-date pic of Moriarty. He's almost 6 months and currently in a phase all havanese puppies go through: The moustache-in-eyes phase :D

Oh wow, he looks just like a Lhaso Apso I had growing up, the same color on the ears and everything.

Jira

At this point there's obviously no way HoT is coming in August. However, with GC and PAX coming we will certainly get the date of the first BWE.

Ashodin

mDM3Cqw.jpg

Path 1 Complete

Don't be skurred, GAF! Come do dungeons! You can still get in another group!

C0MTgrz.jpg

Path 2 Complete

Q8y4xxq.jpg

Path 3 Complete!

Emitan

Unfortunately I'm gonna miss the next 2 guild missions because I'm going on AN ADVENTURE. Gonna be visiting my girlfriend who lives in the Bahamas~

Spyware

This was soooo fun! I'm better at staying alive than I thought but I did make some silly mistakes (and I'm sad to say one was pet related, ouch!). Overall I think I did okay for a dungeon newbie and the team was sooooo nice the whole time! <3

Team Zeroth, Tyliout, Elfstruck, Crescendo and Falsetto!

At the start

Naked party at the turkeys!

Path 3 cleared!

A huge thank you to everyone who showed up today! We managed to get all four parties through all four AC paths in just a couple of hours. A few people won some extra money to cap it off, including the big 20g raffle/door prize!

I sincerely hope everyone had a good time, and I can't wait to see you all next week. And if you didn't make it this time, you are more than welcome to join us when you can!

I made a list of everyone who showed up, so no worries about having to do anything extra if you want the Dungeon Master prize. Just keep showing up, and part (or all!) of that 200g will be yours!

Levyne

Banned
Last week I managed to solo Lupi on my Guardian (without wall-cheesing him, I mean).

I was able to (slowly) do it pre patch (where his lupine blast doesn't hit at his feet) on Ranger, but wasn't able to recreate that yet with the new mechanics. I haven't given it much try yet since core specs though.

Guardian has lots of tools to stay alive, probably the easiest class to do it on. But I'm still pretty proud of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWVjfWpo8aE

I still don't quite get how all his attacks work, to be honest. Sometimes I need to make sure I have one block (aegis or mace or focus) ready for frenzied blast even if I'm in the wall, sometimes I need two. Occasionally I need none.

Noctix

Hi Guys,

I am kind of hiatus from wow and thinking about returning to Guild Wars 2. I was level 60 like 2 years ago (don't even remember how long ago tbh). I logged in the other day and I wasn't really sure where to go what to do? Any tips for returning Guardian lvl 60??

Vorpal

Logged into GW2 for the first time in years the other night, happened to spot Ashodin/the GAF guild tag in SW, joined, and then ran through the dungeons today. A cool welcome back to the game--thanks for the fun!

Zeroth

Hi Guys,

I am kind of hiatus from wow and thinking about returning to Guild Wars 2. I was level 60 like 2 years ago (don't even remember how long ago tbh). I logged in the other day and I wasn't really sure where to go what to do? Any tips for returning Guardian lvl 60??

Don't delete your old character, but I recommend starting a new one. They added lots of stuff to the leveling experience which will introduce you to many elements in the game

Last week I managed to solo Lupi on my Guardian (without wall-cheesing him, I mean).

I was able to (slowly) do it pre patch (where his lupine blast doesn't hit at his feet) on Ranger, but wasn't able to recreate that yet with the new mechanics. I haven't given it much try yet since core specs though.

Guardian has lots of tools to stay alive, probably the easiest class to do it on. But I'm still pretty proud of it.

I still don't quite get how all his attacks work, to be honest. Sometimes I need to make sure I have one block (aegis or mace or focus) ready for frenzied blast even if I'm in the wall, sometimes I need two. Occasionally I need none.

Congrats ^^ First one in the guild to solo new lupi afaik

Zeroth

Very nice Lev, I was looking forward to this :) Would you mind posting your build? I would like to give this a go another time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom