• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
I wonder what they were working on that bugged collections so much. Even right clicking little things like Twister in a Jar and Dark Stained Claws are apparently causing crashes. And collection points reset and such. I wonder if the system is being reworked for crafting and HoT stuff, but I really have no idea.

Quenk

I wonder what they were working on that bugged collections so much. Even right clicking little things like Twister in a Jar and Dark Stained Claws are apparently causing crashes. And collection points reset and such. I wonder if the system is being reworked for crafting and HoT stuff, but I really have no idea.

I think it might have been part of the HoM fix.

Levyne

Banned
Maybe. Apparently many many things that are collection items are bugging, including Season 2 ascended trinkets, and the mordrem parts, enchanted key.

Thorgal

Well Anet is aware of the problem s so i expect a fix soon .

Also That is one giant mini :

gw22015-07-2819-17-40j7zh6.jpg

Zeroth

There's no need for a rollback, it's a display bug. Logged on my elementalist and he had the bugs, logged on my necro and he was fine, logged on my elementalist and the bugs were still there. IT's probably tied to the first character you logged in as due to the HoM checkup

Trey

Warrior elite spec might make up for eh Tempest for me. that pic is dope as fuck. and apparently old too, but who cares. Give it to me

Do I finally switch mains?

Wanderer5

Mail sent to those that got the HoM titles and such by mistakes.

Greetings,
My records indicate you are one of the recent recipients of the title "God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals."
Congratulations!

However, I have some unfortunate news. Your title was the result of my golem, LOR-748, believing you earned the honor and issuing this esteemed accolade. Now, there's no way my golem made any sort of miscalculation, which means there is only one explanation: the Eternal Alchemy itself is wrong.

To clarify, the illegal modifications I made to LOR-748's title-issuing program had absolutely nothing to do with this title-issuing mistake.

In an effort to remedy this error—again, not mine—your title and any other unearned Hall of Monuments rewards must be revoked. This is regrettable, but the Alchemy is a living thing that, if not corrected, corrects itself—and no one wants to leave this up to the uncaring universe. This reversal will also keep the Arcane Council from incarcerating me until, as they put it, "your bones turn to dust."
Apologies, Scholar Aiti

Retro

"Look upon the field where I grow my fucks! The ground is barren, no fucks will grow!"

Seriously though, I would be okay with unarmed warriors, except I would rather see fist weapons introduced as a new weapon type so other professions can get in on the action. Of course, we're getting kung-fu thieves, maybe, so... maybe we don't need it.

If it is unarmed, I am sooooooo looking forward to punching monkeys in the face.

hythloday

"If it is unarmed, I am looking forward to punching monkeys in the face.

Have some Rhespect, fool, before someone decides to capuchin.

I tried coming up with a better monkey breed pun but a quick google search showed me that most of them are just called "Monkey" sooooo

Personally I wish data mining weren't so prevalent. It is neat to see these images, but it really kinda steals ArenaNet's thunder a little bit when they're releasing info about the new specs. (Even just teaser images)

Ashodin

You mean Retro won't be the Chimp Champ Chump?

I agree, but the way people are someone would just go nuts and mine everything because they're incredibly impatient, at least shaman has standards. He shows what the public needs, not what they want.

Warrior Wishlist:

1) Kits. 4-5 Kits each having a unique weapon with 5 skills in each would be the most ideal. Kits are amazing for Engineers, and Warriors are the masters of every weapon. They don't use any time of Magic (even Rangers use forest spirits and druid stuff) . Nunchucks, flails, morning stars, two-handed axe, polearm, double bladed swords, whips, the sky is the limit for what crazy weapons they could put in. Double awesome if they would work like Conjured weapons for ele, and drop a pick-up able version every time you use a Kit, so all other classes can use the skills for 60s as well. Would give a lot "of skill and gameplay" for everyone.
Would be the most ideal thing for the game.

2) Staff. Sure, it seems Druid and Thief are getting the staff, but of all the weapons Warriors don't have access to, Staff is the one that would give the most for the profession. They need to retro-fit a lot of new underwater spears as land staff weapons so they got the polearm/combat staff look about them.
I imagine that Warrior Staff could be long-range fast melee. Hamnmer is slow, and GS is about situational mobility. The staff could be a mix of the two but with range. maybe some KD, maybe some cripple.

3) Dagger. I guess a Dagger could make sense, though I think they would do off-hand Dagger as it would look weird with a main hand dagger and then offhand sword/axe/mace. I'm not sure if Dagger could bring anything really interesting. I feel off hand sword already does a good job at fulfilling what purpose it may have had.

4) Pistols. I don't really see it. I guess it could allow some flexibility for a sword / pistol build, giving it that thief dagger / pistol feel. LB and Rifle are two handed, so it could give you a bit of each.

9999999) Scepter/Focus - Please don't. PLEASE DON'T!!!!!!

PS. Unarmed would be sweet. As long as there is a cool kick! Need to be able to a cool flying wheel axe kick.

Has Canach ever used any weapons that a Warrior doesn't normally?

I could see them getting torch/focus as a way to focus their anger/adrenalin into super charged attacks on their main hand weapon or physical utility skills,

Wanderer5

Has Canach ever used any weapons that a Warrior doesn't normally?

I could see them getting torch/focus as a way to focus their anger/adrenalin into super charged attacks on their main hand weapon or physical utility skills,

I think he only used a sword and shield for now.

And oh sweet engi rifle skills got their range increase.

Ashodin

Tempest also doesn't have weapons on their spec art. Does it mean warhorn is just an illusion?

Nah it just means that the warhorn is there you just can't see it through the mass and tangle of pixelated art

Bug Fixes:
Fixed a server crash.

Training seems fixed too.

For no one seeing SMAA:

Brandon Gee said:
This is being addressed. Looks like the UI was flagged for internal only.
#WorksOnMyMachine

How would unarmed combat work without a new weapon type? Where would weapon stat bonuses and Sigils go? Feel free to use the (significantly nerfed) Rampage if that's what you want to do, but I would much rather get an actual weapon to play with.

They finally fixed the longbow and sword skills! ^_^

There's a lot of other interesting balance changes this time too.

Unfortunate to hear there are so many bugs in the patch. I really hate that this seems to happen so often on big patch days.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
How would unarmed combat work without a new weapon type? Where would weapon stat bonuses and Sigils go? Feel free to use the (significantly nerfed) Rampage if that's what you want to do, but I would much rather get an actual weapon to play with.

Make it a kit?

I still don't see it doing anything the Warrior's Physical skills don't already do. Bull's Charge, Stomp, Kick, and Rampage already have it covered.

"Warriors are masters of weaponry..." is the way ANet introduced them anyway. Which is why we should have gotten dual daggers or pistols instead of crappy torch.

Mxrz

All my money for a face-punching Warrior. I'd roll a third warrior just to have a charr that could reenact Double Dragon. But think there's a technical issue with that. - Wonder if its possible to get Alternative Skills for current weapons. Like a dual swords alternative without the bleeds/blocks, but more straight dmg.

The balance/fixes - (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

At least Rangers got some love.

Emitan

So with HoW (supposedly) fixed does anyone want to jump into GW1 and work earning points? I'd really enjoying playing GW1 with GAFGuild since y'all are one of the friendliest communities I've ever been in.

I'm working on Juggernaut for my Guardian and Engineer. Haven't been keeping track of the total cost, but I've got the gifts of Mastery, Fortune, and Metal. I've still got the hard parts left, namely Vial of Quicksilver and the precursor, on top of the icy runestones. It's a shame how the best way to get these components is 'get more gold'. On one hand, it means pretty much playing the game will net me the money, but it seems less of an accomplishment that way. I hope the overhaul will fix this, but we'll see.

Gift of Mastery was probably the most fun part, and it's not like that was particularly easy (in terms of how long it took to get). At least it required you to do specific tasks to get.

Wallach

I didn't have to re-enable 2-factor. I just logged in and got that new mini.

If the new Warrior specialization is actually unarmed I'm less sure of what I will play in HoT. Rampage is already the best skill in the game. A whole spec of unarmed ass whoopin' sounds OP.

leng jai

Have Anet mentioned anything about how alternate ways to get T6 mats or are they just going to be obscenely priced by the time the expansion hits?

Did Karka train for the first time in about a year yesterday and it's still one of the most profitable farms in the game. Obviously it's boring as fuck, but at least we have an off the charts gchat to be entertained with.

Zeroth

Have Anet mentioned anything about how alternate ways to get T6 mats or are they just going to be obscenely priced by the time the expansion hits?

Did Karka train for the first time in about a year yesterday and it's still one of the most profitable farms in the game. Obviously it's boring as fuck, but at least we have an off the charts gchat to be entertained with.

They mentioned map rewards back when they talked about precursor collections to help alleviate it, but it's more likely prices will still go up.

Ashodin

I didn't have to re-enable 2-factor. I just logged in and got that new mini.

If the new Warrior specialization is actually unarmed I'm less sure of what I will play in HoT. Rampage is already the best skill in the game. A whole spec of unarmed ass whoopin' sounds OP.

Yeah it was only for yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom