• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

nataku

Ugh, I went and messed with my nvidia inspector settings and now I can't get the AA to work. Exact same settings I was using, but my graphics are either all grey and flashing to their normal colors every so often, or their normal color and flashing to grey like a strobe light.

I reset the profile, triple checked the settings, but nothing works. Everything worked just fine before.

Ugh, I went and messed with my nvidia inspector settings and now I can't get the AA to work. Exact same settings I was using, but my graphics are either all grey and flashing to their normal colors every so often, or their normal color and flashing to grey like a strobe light.

I reset the profile, triple checked the settings, but nothing works. Everything worked just fine before.
Do you still get GPU problems if you uninstall inspector?

If it's not software or a driver issue and the card's getting old, it might be time to purchase a Titan X Hybrid.

nataku

Nope, everything is perfect. If I reset the profile and just leave the defaults, the game looks just fine. It's just when I try to force AA through inspector things get wonky.

Thorgal

Nope, everything is perfect. If I reset the profile and just leave the defaults, the game looks just fine. It's just when I try to force AA through inspector things get wonky.
I had the same problem.

After a while I just said screw it and put the resolution on 1440 and switched on ubersampling.

After putting the Ui on maximum size I was satisfied.

Quenk

It stood out to me in one of his videos he admitted to having multiple characters with over something like 3000 hours of game time each, so he's free to finger all the bosses he wants.

I'm dedicated, just not that dedicated.

Yeah. He's played a lot more than most people and most of that time is probably with dungeon solos/duos/etc and other challenges.

Does Lupi still have his bugged aa?

Charr footprints were eventually fixed!

Lupi's auto change is intentional though, and they haven't expressed any clear intention to revert it. It used to be that his ranged auto wouldn't hit in melee range, but he would still do the animation, so it was many seconds of him doing basically nothing.

I would be surprised if they changed it back but it sure would make soloing him much easier

Quenk

Lupi's auto change is intentional though, and they haven't expressed any clear intention to revert it. It used to be that his ranged auto wouldn't hit in melee range, but he would still do the animation, so it was many seconds of him doing basically nothing.

I would be surprised if they changed it back but it sure would make soloing him much easier

Was it intentional? There was a topic in the bug forums about it but it got closed since discussion was derailed. Gaile said she'll check with the QA team but we never got an update.

Was it intentional? There was a topic in the bug forums about it but it got closed since discussion was derailed. Gaile said she'll check with the QA team but we never got an update.

Yeeaah maybe it wasn't intentional, they're referring to it as a bug. Stuff here https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/Bug-Lupicus-Necrid-Bolt-hits-at-melee/first

If they intended for an end-game type boss like lupi to do effectively nothing for 5+ seconds that would strike me as very odd but what do I know, I guess.

:D :D :D

'Crushed' ;_;

I was so sure we were getting them as a playable race in the expansion before anything about HoT was announced.

I think they made the right call. I hope Kirsten Perry and her art team are on point.

Maybe we will get some jungle themed hairstyles, faces, tattoos/horns/beards?

Fuzzy-cavemen look, dreads, shamanic tribal face paint and facial hair, charr horns with totems and moss on them. For Sylvari maybe like a big tree growing out of the head, or a living mawdrey-like tentacle doing its own thing of the face.

Factions and Nightfall had this amazing thing, were they gave all the existing classes a whole new set of character customization, it actually gave a sense that players could see that your character came from a certain region. 'twas cool!

I think they made the right call. I hope Kirsten Perry and her art team are on point.

Maybe we will get some jungle themed hairstyles, faces, tattoos/horns/beards?

Fuzzy-cavemen look, dreads, shamanic tribal face paint and facial hair, charr horns with totems and moss on them. For Sylvari maybe like a big tree growing out of the head, or a living mawdrey-like tentacle doing its own thing of the face.

Factions and Nightfall had this amazing thing, were they gave all the existing classes a whole new set of character customization, it actually gave a sense that players could see that your character came from a certain region. 'twas cool!
They got a pass by many because they added another class which I figure is far more difficult and I doubted we'd get one so soon so it's much appreciated. Would have been neat to create a Tengu Revenant though!

nataku

As cool as playable Tengu would be, they have way too many unique features for ANet to bother to properly model armor around. They can't even bother with Charr horns half the time, there's no way they'd take into account all the feathers on the shoulders, back, arms, and head plus the ear/horn things.

I had the same problem.

After a while I just said screw it and put the resolution on 1440 and switched on ubersampling.

After putting the Ui on maximum size I was satisfied.

I'll probably just have to switch over the SMAA High they put in, I guess. Unless Lump can help me out and chime in if he's having any issues. I'm using the settings he posted a while back, the ones from this site.

Tengu would be cool, but before we get a new race, need better armor for Charr and Asuran, too many ugly armors for both races, even some the outfits looks fucking stupid on them, they need to improve those 2 races before they add another one..

Levyne

Banned
I was having inspector issues too, but reinstalled the driver and everything is fine now. Using sgssaa on the la noire compatibility.

It was flashing for me too but just seemed to correct itself with the reinstall.

Thorgal

As cool as playable Tengu would be, they have way too many unique features for ANet to bother to properly model armor around. They can't even bother with Charr horns half the time, there's no way they'd take into account all the feathers on the shoulders, back, arms, and head plus the ear/horn things.

I'll probably just have to switch over the SMAA High they put in, I guess. Unless Lump can help me out and chime in if he's having any issues. I'm using the settings he posted a while back, the ones from this site.

I was using that method as well .

It could be either the fault of the latest drivers causing issues or it may be that Anet changed something that broke it .

nataku

I was having inspector issues too, but reinstalled the driver and everything is fine now. Using sgssaa on the la noire compatibility.

It was flashing for me too but just seemed to correct itself with the reinstall.

Hmm. I'll have to try it.

Quenk

With all these AA tweaks people are making, I'm looking forward to seeing people's pictures from the CM event on Sunday.

Thorgal

Looks Like someone at ANET tripped over the server wire ,

People ( me included ) got DC'd and are unable to log back in .

Drln it Anet , how do you expect me to finnish my Precursor before HOT launches like this

Spyware

Login isues already fixed so ;P

Btw, some of my issues with the character select screen was fixed with the patch. Norn are no longer too tall. AO also helped making it look better. I'm happier now ;D

Anyone else updated to Windows 10? After the update I get way worse performance in-game, and it seems to look somewhat worse than it did earlier.
EDIT: Actually, it seems to be worse only in The Grove for whatever reason? I'm getting stable 30fps in there instead of 50-60fps, while elsewhere I still get mostly 60fps as I did earlier.

Anyone else updated to Windows 10? After the update I get way worse performance in-game, and it seems to look somewhat worse than it did earlier.
EDIT: Actually, it seems to be worse only in The Grove for whatever reason? I'm getting stable 30fps in there instead of 50-60fps, while elsewhere I still get mostly 60fps as I did earlier.

Groove has always given me poor performance. Maybe its some shader technique or something?

Retro

Update notes from the latest build;
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue that caused light-adaptation graphics settings to reset between sessions.
  • SMAA is now selectable as an antialiasing option in-game.
Mesmer

• Portal: Fixed an issue that allowed players to have zero cooldown on reentering the portal when under the effects of resistance.

I'm having the fun time of taking the entire day to install Windows 10. WOO

What does it do to all your programs? Any of your games or application that don't work on 10? I've always been told that doing OS upgrades was bad, but its not supposed to be like that with Win10. No performance bottlenecks for upgrading instead of fresh installs.

Jira

I'm having the fun time of taking the entire day to install Windows 10. WOO

Why didn't you just upgrade? Only takes 15 min.

What does it do to all your programs? Any of your games or application that don't work on 10? I've always been told that doing OS upgrades was bad, but its not supposed to be like that with Win10. No performance bottlenecks for upgrading instead of fresh installs.

If you upgrade it doesn't do anything at all to well...anything. Everything is just as you left it. Only thing I had to do was install audio drivers and gpu drivers for my 970.

Ashodin

Why didn't you just upgrade? Only takes 15 min.

If you upgrade it doesn't do anything at all to well...anything. Everything is just as you left it. Only thing I had to do was install audio drivers and gpu drivers for my 970.

It's complicated

Levyne

Banned
Random Picture

screenshot8957_crsskvs2y.png

Changed my Warrior's look. The Elementalist too

screenshot1595_crsss83smy.png
screenshot4552_crsssb4sub.png

If only we had a spec to talk about this week, instead I'm messing with outfits.

Proven

With Gamescom coming up, and the next WTS coming as well, I'm wondering if I should host a mini-event. Basically, during the WTS we'll have increased rank gain, which also affects the PvP potions you get from PvP dailies. So starting one week before WTS, every night from 1 hour before reset to 1 hour after reset, a bunch of us can queue up and get PvP potions to save up for the weekend.

If you've been participating in the dungeon event, then you'll have reward tracks unlocked that you can use to get extra tokens. And I'd like an extra excuse to play GW2 more, especially spvp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom