• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Groove has always given me poor performance. Maybe its some shader technique or something?
Yeah probably, but before updating it was better than that. Oh well, at least is 30 stable so it's not that bad.
What does it do to all your programs? Any of your games or application that don't work on 10? I've always been told that doing OS upgrades was bad, but its not supposed to be like that with Win10. No performance bottlenecks for upgrading instead of fresh installs.
Haven't had a problem till now truth to be told. Everything seems to be working as it was.

Ashodin

With Gamescom coming up, and the next WTS coming as well, I'm wondering if I should host a mini-event. Basically, during the WTS we'll have increased rank gain, which also affects the PvP potions you get from PvP dailies. So starting one week before WTS, every night from 1 hour before reset to 1 hour after reset, a bunch of us can queue up and get PvP potions to save up for the weekend.

If you've been participating in the dungeon event, then you'll have reward tracks unlocked that you can use to get extra tokens. And I'd like an extra excuse to play GW2 more, especially spvp.

I'm down for this, call it The Road to Gamescom

I miss the bright and happy character select screen.

Old
5FPkFp4.jpg

New
9yDitbq.jpg

Do you have to wait for the reserved copy of Windows 10 to pop up or is there a way to start the installation without waiting?

I did the manual download. Which came with the benefit of letting me keep a copy of the Windows 10 installation files on my USB drive for future use.

I used the tool to download the proper version, told it put everything on the USB drive, and then clicked Setup once it was ready.

I did the manual download. Which came with the benefit of letting me keep a copy of the Windows 10 installation files on my USB drive for future use.

I used the tool to download the proper version, told it put everything on the USB drive, and then clicked Setup once it was ready.
Nice!

I'll do that too. Want to get rid of windows 8.1 on my laptop.

Hey buddies, so we're expecting another reveal today, right? I saw you guys expect Ranger due to the presence in LA. It's indeed funny how early the Druid name was dropped and we still haven't seen much of anything on it. I'm guessing Revenant's will be last but man am I jonesing to see what the Glint legend will be like. I want to start discussing hypothetical builds! At least skill/weapon-wise. Shiro is a no-brainer but will I normally do Jalis or Glint in the other slot? Offense and Defense is appealing but I want to see what Glint will do because I'm sure it will be bad ass :D

Trey

Hey buddies, so we're expecting another reveal today, right? I saw you guys expect Ranger due to the presence in LA. It's indeed funny how early the Druid name was dropped and we still haven't seen much of anything on it. I'm guessing Revenant's will be last but man am I jonesing to see what the Glint legend will be like. I want to start discussing hypothetical builds! At least skill/weapon-wise. Shiro is a no-brainer but will I normally do Jalis or Glint in the other slot? Offense and Defense is appealing but I want to see what Glint will do because I'm sure it will be bad ass :D

no, unfortunately. No wallpaper picture was officially released on Monday as per usual.

What are the chances that they reveal the last 5 elite specs at Gamescom, next week?

If they don't do that, the surely have to talk about the challenging content.

Zeroth

fractal level 100 will be the ultimate challenging content.

Good thing I have a party of people that can breeze through it

Levyne

Banned
Hiding in plain sight is the new fractal weapon theme, btw.

b75c9Golden-590x331.jpg

Looks like golden versions of the current ones. I don't like the GS at all, but I think some of the other ones in a gold theme could be cool.

Rawk Hawk

I'm loving these Fractal changes. Glad to see the mode getting some love.

Ascended Salvaging, finally!

I accidentally bought a second amulet a long time ago and it's been sitting in my bank for this very day! I hope they get to be salvaged as well..

_woLf

The changes to fractals sound really great, but ultimately it still ends with running the same content over and over that has been out for months/years. I really hope they're going to be adding more fractals with HoT.

Not sure if I want to run more fractals in the future (2 years of same-ish content is enough), but I can now empty my ascended rings from bank. yay.

Zeroth

Breaking down the news to make it simple:

* Fractals will now be a single fractal, not a set of 4 fractals.
* Scales go up to 100 now.
* Dailies are reworked so you are no longer rewarded by tier but by dailies (dailies being focused on doing stuff like specific fractals, etc)
* New Instabilities with the possibility of having multiple instabilities at the same time on higher scales.
* New rewards at the end of EACH FRACTAL (fractal incription). Those can be used toward rewards ("new Mini Professor Mew, new ascended aquatic-breather recipes, high-level crafting materials, or many other rewards") and traded between players.
* Fractal weapon skins now purchaseable after personal reward 50 with Pristine Relics. Collection achievement for having them all + a unique reward for completing it.
* NEW fractal weapon skins rewarded for completing high scale fractals. Those can be traded for different versions allowing you to change a undesirable skin into one you want.
* Legendary Backpacks tied to fractal content, including salvaging ascended gear for materials toward it.
* Fractal Leaderboards may be coming in the future.

GAF Fractal crew must be creaming their pants for HoT now.

So does this mean doing 1 fractal at tier higher than your current fractal rank, will increase your fractal level?

Will we still need to do 3+1 boss to increase our rank?

Zeroth

GAF Fractal crew must be creaming their pants for HoT now.

So does this mean doing 1 fractal at tier higher than your current fractal rank, will increase your fractal level?

Will we still need to do 3+1 boss to increase our rank?

After this patch, all you can do is run a single fractal a time. Finishing it will raise your personal reward level assuming it is equal or above your current one (aka same as now). The difference is that the daily reward is now tied to daily tasks, and those may need you to run more than one fractal to complete.

tiijj

I thought this was the big "challenging content" that they were saying thankfully "this is not the new “challenging group content” that Colin announced on stage when he first revealed the expansion at PAX South"

Fishious

There was actually a whole lot of info in that blog post. Personally I'm glad that they're doing the subobjective thing. I figured after the Lion's Arch Karka hunt that they'd have similar indicators in the achievements panel for that sort of stuff going forward, but I'm really happy they're retroactively adding it to stuff like the lost coins. Maybe now I can actually complete those achievements...

After this patch, all you can do is run a single fractal a time. Finishing it will raise your personal reward level assuming it is equal or above your current one (aka same as now). The difference is that the daily reward is now tied to daily tasks, and those may need you to run more than one fractal to complete.
That's great, with my now limited play time I might actually be able to join GAF on single fractal island runs.

Taffer

There was actually a whole lot of info in that blog post. Personally I'm glad that they're doing the subobjective thing. I figured after the Lion's Arch Karka hunt that they'd have similar indicators in the achievements panel for that sort of stuff going forward, but I'm really happy they're retroactively adding it to stuff like the lost coins. Maybe now I can actually complete those achievements...

Now I can see which diving spots I've already done (I assume), I'll take it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm back! And so sleepy, it's just ridiculous!

wha
Breaking down the news to make it simple:

* Fractals will now be a single fractal, not a set of 4 fractals.
* Scales go up to 100 now.
* Dailies are reworked so you are no longer rewarded by tier but by dailies (dailies being focused on doing stuff like specific fractals, etc)
* New Instabilities with the possibility of having multiple instabilities at the same time on higher scales.
* New rewards at the end of EACH FRACTAL (fractal incription). Those can be used toward rewards ("new Mini Professor Mew, new ascended aquatic-breather recipes, high-level crafting materials, or many other rewards") and traded between players.
* Fractal weapon skins now purchaseable after personal reward 50 with Pristine Relics. Collection achievement for having them all + a unique reward for completing it.
* NEW fractal weapon skins rewarded for completing high scale fractals. Those can be traded for different versions allowing you to change a undesirable skin into one you want.
* Legendary Backpacks tied to fractal content, including salvaging ascended gear for materials toward it.
* Fractal Leaderboards may be coming in the future.
whoa this is straight crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom