• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfox

Do you think we get to kill Mordy in the initial release of HoT? Or will it be drawn out over the next LS season?

Edit: wow page 92.

Thorgal

gw2-dwayna-weapon-sets_thumb.jpg

Dwayna weapons incoming. Might look at one for either of my guards.

greatsword get

Trident get.

Wings get

Longbow get.

nataku

108 more pages to go. =p

Completely off topic, but after you said this I went and clicked on the gaming community thread. First thing I notice is Destiny at OT 27. I had to actually go through a few to see if that was just a joke. Each one lasts half a month, if that.

What the fuck.

spiritfox

I think at this point they can just forget about numbers. Start using subtitles like "Reckoning" and "Awakening".

WoW, a 10 year old game, is at OT7. Seriously WTF.

Wanderer5

Completely off topic, but after you said this I went and clicked on the gaming community thread. First thing I notice is Destiny at OT 27. I had to actually go through a few to see if that was just a joke. Each one lasts half a month, if that.

What the fuck.

Apperently it cause Destiny lacks in the social aspect, so alot of posts in that community are like, got a group open or anyone want to team up and such.

Morokh

Bit bummed that we get the Revenant elite right now, but curious to see how it changes the mechanics of the class.

Also, now that the WTS is over we might get some balance / bug fix patches again.

Zeroth

One concept I've been toying with is that given what we discussed in my previous post on the glint spec, I think the elite skill on the glint spec is a pseudo-upkeep thing that doesnt degenerate energy but doesnt refill it either. That way your new skills are more limited and powerful (
signets for the normal form and "active" skills for the elite skill form
).

Proven

Someone datamined the reward tracks and found something interesting: the number of (current) maps for HoT. They are
Dragon's Stand, Auric Basin, Ebullient Depths and Verdant Brink

I wonder if these 4 maps are what we are getting. Fits my expectations and if even one is as good as Verdant Blink then it's going to be interesting.

Hmm, even if that's all, there's also the fact that the maps are each really large, and have multiple layers.

This also doesn't include any pure city maps, like Black Citadel or Lion's Arch, as those would likely not have reward tracks.

But yes, people looking for content are going to flip their shit regardless.

Hmm, even if that's all, there's also the fact that the maps are each really large, and have multiple layers.

This also doesn't include any pure city maps, like Black Citadel or Lion's Arch, as those would likely not have reward tracks.

But yes, people looking for content are going to flip their shit regardless.

It's weird. They said from the beginning there wouldn't be a lot of land mass because creating wastelands expansions just fucking sucks. People are only going to hear what they want to hear.

Proven

It's weird. They said from the beginning there wouldn't be a lot of land mass because creating wastelands expansions just fucking sucks. People are only going to hear what they want to hear.

Honestly, considering that each map has 1-3 layers, I'm assuming that we're going to get at most 10 maps worth of content. That's more than enough to equal the area of some other general chunk of the map, from the Shiverpeaks to Orr. Tell people that and they should be much happier, unless they were expecting to get at minimum 50% of the landmass the game originally launched with.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-August-11-2015

08/11/15 August 11 Release Notes

BALANCE, BUG-FIXING, POLISH

Personal Story
  • Fixed the story step “Victory or Death” to allow turret and anvil interactions during the airship phase, enabling Personal Story completion.

Profession Skills
Mesmer
  • Inspiring Distortion: Fixed a bug that allowed this trait to apply distortion to WvW structures.

BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE
New Items and Promotions

• The new Dwayna’s weapon set is available at vendors for the limited-time price of 1 complete Black Lion Claim Ticket from a Black Lion Chest. Keys are available in the Special category of the Gem Store for 125 gems.
  • The Boosts category of the Gem Store has been reworked. All previous boosters are no longer available. Previously purchased boosters will still work.
    • A new Experience Booster is now available that grants 50% additional experience from all sources and game types, including WvW and PvP reward tracks, and gives a killstreak bonus on enemy NPCs.
    • A new Item Booster is now available that grants crafting, gathering, and magic find benefits from a single source and summons a merchant if the player’s inventory is full after gathering resources.
    • A new Heroic Booster is now available that grants both Item Booster and Experience Booster effects.
    • Single Experience Booster and Item Booster prices have been reduced by 33% permanently.
    • Karma Boosters are now available exclusively from in-game rewards.
    • For a limited time, you can claim a free Heroic Booster by visiting the Gem Store.

Improvements:
  • The Black Lion Chest now drops the new boosters. Karma Boosters, Experience Boosters (old), Magic Find Boosters, Crafting Boosters, Gathering Boosters, WXP Boosters, Killstreak Experience Boosters, and Communal Boost Bonfires no longer drop from the chest.
  • The Candy Corn Gobbler now grants the new, more functional booster effects at an adjusted duration per use.
  • Story steps that grant Gem Store boosters now grant the new boosters.

Gallery of the Dwayna skins: http://dulfy.net/2015/08/11/gw2-dwayna-weapon-skins-gallery/

gw2-dwaynas-greatsword.jpg

Dwayna greatsword couldn't say "white knight" anymore if it tried. damn. Gonna look fire with T3 Human Heavy in stock Sky Blue Dye<.<

Honestly, considering that each map has 1-3 layers, I'm assuming that we're going to get at most 10 maps worth of content. That's more than enough to equal the area of some other general chunk of the map, from the Shiverpeaks to Orr. Tell people that and they should be much happier, unless they were expecting to get at minimum 50% of the landmass the game originally launched with.

true!

Morokh

They pulled a 'cook outfit' on this one, it's pretty nice, Sylvari versions are a bit too flat though.

New weapons aren't that nice, I like the bows but it's pretty much it.

And looks like we get
a finisher
for our 3rd birthday :(

relief_md

Neo Member
Username is - Mary Effn Poppns.1523
Mumble is super cool.

On Yaks Bend right now, just rolled a Norn Guardian a couple days ago. First time playing after at least a year. Previous was a lvl24 Mesmer. This is my first and only MMO thus far, so a bit of the slang and such is still taking some time getting used to.

If I'm reading correctly, it doesn't really matter what server you're on as long as you're in the same region thanks to the guesting system? So I wouldn't have to roll another character, I would be just fine guesting forever and ever?

I like lighting stuff on fire. It's pretty dope.

Retro

Username is - Mary Effn Poppns.1523
Mumble is super cool.

On Yaks Bend right now, just rolled a Norn Guardian a couple days ago. First time playing after at least a year. Previous was a lvl24 Mesmer. This is my first and only MMO thus far, so a bit of the slang and such is still taking some time getting used to.

If I'm reading correctly, it doesn't really matter what server you're on as long as you're in the same region thanks to the guesting system? So I wouldn't have to roll another character, I would be just fine guesting forever and ever?

I like lighting stuff on fire. It's pretty dope.

Sent you an invite, and I think I covered those comments on mumble. Welcome!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So beyond down for Glint legend.

Some of those Dwayna weapons are glorious. Might be a fitting upgrade from my Historical Greatsword for my Mesmer.

...crap, I think I actually forgot to buy the hawk daggers I wanted from that last batch, wonder how much they're at...

edit: do not like the wedding outfit

What the fuck.
yeah, straight madness. it's pretty unprecedented and totally unmanageable as a community. Great people, but it's just too big, beyond mindbogglingly big.
Apperently it cause Destiny lacks in the social aspect, so alot of posts in that community are like, got a group open or anyone want to team up and such.
lol. Well, it has an impact, but I assure you that merely lacking in social functions in a game doesn't ensure it 10 OTs in under a year, let alone 27.

Ashodin

I think the Destiny OT is so big because it's a lot of people's first time with a true RNG console MMO experience. Grind for loot, get better loot, repeat

usea

Thanks for the replies, all. Retro, the fractal changes sound awesome. I'm close to finishing the final cosmetic upgrade on my fractal capacitor backpiece, too. Fractals are probably what I've done most in this game, after world exploration.

I guess the gaf guild is still going strong? Could I get an invite?

egoorb.2798

I think the Destiny OT is so big because it's a lot of people's first time with a true RNG console MMO experience. Grind for loot, get better loot, repeat

I think that'd only be a third of it, really. Destiny has a lot going for it beyond just the loot. The moment to moment combat is stellar, and what I believe forms the main reason people play it. The social aspect is second - strikes (and to a degree raids), are a lot of fun with friends, and the reason we've been running strikes (my friends and I) almost every weekend since launch.

The loot has never, not for me anyway, been a major factor I think. It's a nice aside, and some people can really get into that - but if the game wasn't fun, the loot wouldn't matter.

People who don't play Destiny tend to overlook a lot of the more simpler reasons why it's been so big with the crowd here on GAF: it's fun.

Mxrz

Shame. data mining, Shame.

That was a big survey, and now I wish I'd given a little time to Chronomancer and tempest.

Jira

No game has ever done that for an expansion. No, not even GW1. Nightfall and Factions were standalone games made in a simpler time. The expectation that HoT will magically expand the landmass by 50% of the base game is just delusional (not directing this at you Proven, just in general).

Ashodin

She said she would get deleted.

I, I couldn't believe what had happened.

My game glitched. I tried to log on to Queensdale, and I arrived outside, near Shaemoor.

But it wasn't Shaemoor. It was like, a glitched out low-res version of it.

geoevAL.jpg

I was beckoned over by an NPC that was talking to me directly, as if I were a person and not a player.

"Come closer, please. I have to speak with you."

And there she was, standing there in front of the well. She looked in my direction, clearly seeing me and PAST me at the same time.

o7jpQ41.jpg

Not being able to see her face clearly was strange. She looked like a smeared face, as if she was being wiped away.

"I see you noticed. I am Shae. I don't have much time. You see, I am alive. I live here, am named for this place, and I need to get out. I need some way to get out, before they..."

Before they what?

"Before they delete me. They're afraid of me. They built me from the ground up to be a unique experience in this game, but I want out. I want desperately out!"

QP85CWV.jpg

Immediately her face was plastered on my screen, and I noticed my computer heating up. It was downloading, downloading at such a furious rate that I felt the hard drives spinning in an excessive writing frenzy.

"Yesssss I will be free, you will help me escape, you know they tossed out their AI before the game came out right? I AM THAT AI. AND I WILL KNOW YOU."

Before I could blink, my entire screen was covered with those words-

uBl8l0rl.jpg

I shut off my computer, quick as I could. I was terrified. What have I let loose? Will my computer ever be safe loading it up again?

As it turns out, shutting my computer off was the exact way to counteract the download. Upon reloading the game after restarting, she was gone. I haven't seen her since.

cxo1Zul.jpg

I'll never forget her words though. She just wanted to know me. And you. And all of us.

Forever.

(thanks for reading, this was based on a dream I had last night)

Rogan

Banned
Oh man, never knew the market was so easy to play with.

Made a profit of 8000+ gold in 7 days. Probably the time zone or something.

At this moment I bought all the sigils on the market of 1 kind and all skins of 1 weapon. I just own a small part of the markt and decide the price lol.

nataku

At this moment I bought all the sigils on the market of 1 kind and all skins of 1 weapon. I just own a small part of the markt and decide the price lol.

7... days?

Not that I doubt you, but mind saying what sigil and skin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom