• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyware

Hmm. Seems like the date leaked indeed. Checked my twitter and got confused about why I saw 2 versions of the announcement tweet. Turns out the first one only showed for me because it was retweeted by that_shaman... meaning it wasn't a normal tweet.

I wasn't surprised about using twitter for it tho before reading about it because they sorta did that when announcing the original GW2 release date too. That time they tweeted something like "get ready" and a link to the short trailer with the date at the end. I thought it was an anniversary thing. Also to get people to focus on the content they will talk about tomorrow (today for me :p) instead of waiting for/freak out about a date announcement. Even tho it seems it wasn't planned that way, they now have this situation and it will probably be fine.

The IGN leak is way worse for them than the release date leak. The date can't be more than a short "This and the rest of HoT will launch Oct 23!" on stage anyway so it shouldn't matter much for how they do the show.

Retro

I don't think the bearrow was moving the first time I saw this, haha.

Nah, I added it because... well... it needed it.
nomnomnomnomnomnom, come on shoot me, I wants to bite

Edit: Since it was discussed in game;
3EZWyP8.jpg
Wow.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
When you guys inevitably need to cull inactive players in preparation for the expansion, you should make me an officer for only 2 minutes so I can personally boot IHazSoup. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Trey

Nah, I added it because... well... it needed it.
nomnomnomnomnomnom, come on shoot me, I wants to bite

Edit: Since it was discussed in game;

Wow.

the best part is the smug grin. "yes, I'm in a golem. what have you done with your life lately?"

Quenk

Pax panel tomorrow. Woooooooooo

Edit: The community party is more crowded than I was expecting. No one can make "game is ded" jokes

usea

I asked in guild chat about money-making tips. You guys just started mailing me things I needed, unsolicited. Thank you.

I haven't seen the daredevil staff/hammer animations yet. I hope they're not too bad. The class sounds awesome.

Still really looking forward to forge and druid.

Retro

Pax panel tomorrow. Woooooooooo

Edit: The community party is more crowded than I was expecting. No one can make "game is ded" jokes

Have fun, you guys! Hug a dev, they need it.

I asked in guild chat about money-making tips. You guys just started mailing me things I needed, unsolicited. Thank you.

I haven't seen the daredevil staff/hammer animations yet. I hope they're not too bad. The class sounds awesome.

No problem, enjoy smiting people with a badass-looking Hammer. =)

Here's today's POI if you wanted to see the daredevil in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X74T7MGOVSc

Thorgal

Wow ,it has finally happened.

Yaks bend has gone up to T1 this week while Blackgate dropped to T2.

the server lock has been broken.

Wanderer5

Welp bit sad that OnS and TW got their wish, but guess it was bound to happen. Then again I feel a bit better getting away from YB, even through BG is probably still freaking huge.

Tier 2 has been sucking lately.

Proven

Welp bit sad that OnS and TW got their wish, but guess it was bound to happen. Then again I feel a bit better getting away from YB, even through BG is probably still freaking huge.

Tier 2 has been sucking lately.

Ironically , BG had the lowest amount of chance to be selected to drop down a tier.

RNGesus decided differently.

Shit. I just started following this last week and yeah, I'm pissed to see that those guys got their wish. Now let's see what happens next considering their coverage.

Levyne

Banned
I randomly ran into Mike because of his shirt, I just wanted to know where he got it. Turns put he designs fractals (at least the expansion revamp ) and now we convinced him to run one with us ^^ at some point.

Jira

"GW2's hardcore content hasn't even been announced yet, but I know it's terrible." -GAF

"GW2 doesn't have endgame."

GW2 gets a form of hardcore content.

"It's terrible."

I can guarantee you will see this. The funny thing is you will also see:

"I'm sick of X game, I want something different."

GW2's challenging content will be different than X MMOs.

"WHY ISN'T THIS LIKE X GAME'S RAIDS, THIS IS STUPID"

5il3nc3r

It's probably time to accept that discussion about this game by the general populace will always be negative. Compare threads about GW2 and FF14 and the tone is night and day. The weird thing is, this type of response is not exclusive to GAF. I see similar negativity from other gaming communities that I frequent to as well.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
It's probably time to accept that discussion about this game by the general populace will always be negative. Compare threads about GW2 and FF14 and the tone is night and day. The weird thing is, this type of response is not exclusive to GAF. I see similar negativity from other gaming communities that I frequent to as well.

In regards to tone on the internet, there's a parallel...

Guild Wars 2 = Xbox One

FF14 = PS4

The latter can do no wrong. The prior will get a pitchfork at the sight of any news.

I randomly ran into Mike because of his shirt, I just wanted to know where he got it. Turns put he designs fractals (at least the expansion revamp ) and now we convinced him to run one with us ^^ at some point.
Can you ask them about the blue shirt guy waiting for a buss on the Lion's Arch loading screen?

Anyone cosplay as him?

I know it's almost 6am but they ain't looking good right now...Yaks hold 16% of the map, lost OL port on EBG and garrison was beaten down, not even 12 hours in losing 3k to TC and 5K to JQ, if it doesn't change gonna be a rough outing in T1 for them..

Looking at the scores BG is having a fun outing already, lucky fucks i would love to have an easy week, they smashing SoS and FA..

spiritfox

Just doing some story missions on my Sylvari, specifically the ones where we get to see a Sylvari from another tree. I think it's cool that they have already planned out the storyline all the way from before the launch. I wonder if we'll see Malyck again in HoT.

Thorgal

Shit. I just started following this last week and yeah, I'm pissed to see that those guys got their wish. Now let's see what happens next considering their coverage.

considering BG is currently ticking 585 in tier 2 while YB is at 85 per tick in T1 it seems they might have bitten off more then they could chew.

also ,eventough they don't have the coverage , FA and SOS is giving us some great fights.

Rawk Hawk

"GW2's hardcore content hasn't even been announced yet, but I know it's terrible." -GAF

GW2 gets a form of hardcore content.

"It's terrible."

I can guarantee you will see this. The funny thing is you will also see:

"I'm sick of X game, I want something different."

GW2's challenging content will be different than X MMOs.

"WHY ISN'T THIS LIKE X GAME'S RAIDS, THIS IS STUPID"

Sort of makes me glad GW2 is different enough to keep them at bay, imagine if we had a trinity and they were all in guild chat? /shutter

So .... hum .. yeah .....

this just happened ....

seCz14X.jpg

Congrats!

Reminds me of how people did, and still talk, about WoW. I never hear anything good about WoW, except from people who actually played it. I made peace with the GW2 hate last year, and it's one of the reasons I just don't bother with forums (GAF included) much anymore.

Retro

About an hour and a half until the PAX stream starts!
http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

I dunno about the rest of the internet, but here on GAF I think the FFXIV threads tend to stay pretty untrolled because at least one moderator plays it. Even if they aren't actively moderating the thread, their mere presence probably keeps the shitposting to a minimum. Guild Wars 2, on the other hand, was actively trolled by a moderator, which basically gave that kind of behavior approval.

That's my theory anyways.

So .... hum .. yeah .....

this just happened ....

seCz14X.jpg

Oh damn, congratulations!

Sort of makes me glad GW2 is different enough to keep them at bay, imagine if we had a trinity and they were all in guild chat? /shutter

If this game had the Trinity and catered to people like that, I probably wouldn't be playing it anyways; it's because GW2 is different that I'm playing it. After a decade of wading through WoW clones the genre is finally starting to change. For whatever reason, that upsets people... a lot.

Reminds me of how people did, and still talk, about WoW. I never hear anything good about WoW, except from people who actually played it. I made peace with the GW2 hate last year, and it's one of the reasons I just don't bother with forums (GAF included) much anymore.

And see, that sucks because and you've always contributed to this thread and the discussions we have. Your absence has been noticed.

Eh, people don't like what they don't know. The only thing we can do is to either educate them, or failing that, ignore them.

It's kind of a Damned if you Do thing; if you ignore the misinformation, people who may have genuinely played the game only hear the outdated / biased / hateful view. On the other hand, if you correct that information, the response is almost always of a "fanatical defense force" nature. I generally jump straight to ignore and I send PMs to people who ask or seem genuinely interested about the game. 9 times out of 10 they appreciate the personal approach.

And see, that sucks because and you've always contributed to this thread and the discussions we have. Your absence has been noticed.

Once HoT is out, I'm sure I'll be a bit more active here again. :p Perhaps by then I'll be able to just ignore the types that like to poop in their own back yard.

Retro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom