• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mxrz

Well, I was due a bad fractal pug.

Join 49. Fairly standard. Cliffside 2nd. One warrior apparently wants to prove himself l33t so tries bossing everyone around. By dredge I grew tired of his swearing in stanza at another warrior. After another wipe, I tell them they're acting like kids, and I'm not up for it. Good luck, etc. soon as I land in LA the warrior the other goobers had been yelling at starts whispering me about how bad I am. So figure I'll explain I was actually taking his side, but nah He's ignored me despite the whispers. yeeeah.

Thorgal

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE !

gw22015-02-2203-05-43ghkfg.jpg

Retro

Excellent missions, as always. Congratulations to our lotto winners.

Make-up missions are tomorrow at 3pm Eastern / Noon Pacific.

Tuesday is the last day to get the latest chapter of the Living Story for free, so if you're lurking and haven't logged in in a while, get that done ASAP.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
sorry I missed out on the missions, family outing just started the moment you guys started the mission lol

Hello fellow Gaffers

I just bought the game online via their website and apparently the are asking me for a Serial Code

the bad part is the haven't sent me any emails for this code and I already paid it off seeing as some money got deducted from my bank account

how do I resend the code to my email?

Yay Guard at 80. Now to never use her ever again.

edit: It never fails to amaze me how fast I can gear up at 80 if you know what to go for. Here she is in all her glory

I've ran out of birthday boosters so It's a bit slower for me now. I found the fastest way is EOTM 24/7 but someone yesterday said that Dungeons where faster. I don't see how that is possible though:O

Hello fellow Gaffers

I just bought the game online via their website and apparently the are asking me for a Serial Code

the bad part is the haven't sent me any emails for this code and I already paid it off seeing as some money got deducted from my bank account

Have you checked your spam folder and made sure you entered the email correctly?

Can you log into the guild wars 2 website? You should be able to see your account details there, and maybe also if there is something about resending a code!:)

hythloday

Hello fellow Gaffers

I just saw this on Twitter:

Guild Wars 2 ‏@GuildWars2 1h1 hour ago
Due to a backend maintenance, purchase confirmation emails from http://buy.guildwars2.com will be delayed for about 5 hours ^RB

Hold tight!

Have you checked your spam folder and made sure you entered the email correctly?

Can you log into the guild wars 2 website? You should be able to see your account details there, and maybe also if there is something about resending a code!:)

yup I checked all my email folders and found nothing sadly

plus this is the step before fully registering an account so I can't access this info apparently until I make an official account which requires this serial code

I also checked my bank account and the money did indeed get sent

:/

wasted $50 on nothing it seems

Zeroth

Hello fellow Gaffers

Be sure to email their support team. This problem happened a lot during the $10 sale, and usually contacting support will get you your code

hythloday

yup I checked all my email folders and found nothing sadly

plus this is the step before fully registering an account so I can't access this info apparently until I make an official account which requires this serial code

I also checked my bank account and the money did indeed get sent

:/

wasted $50 on nothing it seems

Check the reply above you, it's just maintenance. You didn't waste your $50 :)

You can download the client in the meantime, no log in required. Depending on your connection you might not even lose time in the end.

do you have a link? Since the ones I see require your log in ID and I need that code first....
----------------------------------------------------------

Also I got a email back from the support staff

apparently they're payment service is under maintenance

they said they wouldn't be done until 4pm EST and I should expect my code after then

shigsy

Yo. Jumped back into GW2 after a while and having a blast. Used to be in the GAF guild but probably got kicked due to inactivity. Can someone swing me an invite please - Shigsy.4810. I'm on Gandara EU but feel like a billy no-mates without guild chat ;)

Cheers.

Retro

Yo. Jumped back into GW2 after a while and having a blast. Used to be in the GAF guild but probably got kicked due to inactivity. Can someone swing me an invite please - Shigsy.4810. I'm on Gandara EU but feel like a billy no-mates without guild chat ;)

Cheers.

Invite sent. If you'd like a transfer to a NA server, we've got two people ahead of you for the transfer fund but we can always do a donation drive.

shigsy

Invite sent. If you'd like a transfer to a NA server, we've got two people ahead of you for the transfer fund but we can always do a donation drive.

Nice one thanks. I'm still levelling up atm but will look at transferring, nice to see the guild is still plenty active :)

nataku

Charr footprint explanation. After two years they finally say something about it.

I have a little information on this: Footprints are determined by the geometry of leg joints. That is, the direction of a footprint is determined by the joints of a particular creature’s legs and ankles. For all the races except Charr, those bones bend in the same direction of that of a human, they each have the same “ankle roll.” But if you look at images of the Charr, the ankle roll is different. And it’s the way the leg is configured that results in the footprints being backwards for the Charr. Or, as an artist said, “Once the Ankle goes over the ball of the foot, as it does with the Charr, the footprints get reversed because the (game) engine thinks the foot is pointing the opposite direction.”
Making an adjustment requires the involvement of the Gameplay Programming Team. From what I understand, making this change could require a significant amount of time but I’ll see what we can find out about this.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/Charr-Footprints-are-Backwards/first#post4819211

It'll probably never get fixed. It sounds like too much work for something so small.

nataku

How about they open the jpg file in ms paint, turn it 180 degrees, and resave it? :lol

Because Charr footprints aren't just backwards. Walking forward, running on two feet, running on all fours and walking backwards all have the footprints facing different directions.

A guy on reddit posted some screens showing it.

http://imgur.com/a/LYd77
I made you this. The footprints are kinda small, just expand the images. I analyzed running forward on all fours, running forward on two legs, walking forward, and walking backwards.
Running on all fours: Footprints are backwards at 45 degree angles.
Running on two legs: Footprints are fully backwards.
Walking forward: Footprints are sideways.
Walking backwards: Footprints are correctly oriented. Walking backward is the same speed regardless of toggling walk/run.

It took months, but I finally got the cash together for Spark. A big shoutout to Miktar for his generous help in getting it. As promised, here's the screenshot. I've got my fire/air/ice look together.
gw048_zpsiwjhze46.jpg

Shiokazu

im finally going to grab a mouse tomorrow at the local mall. took me a while for the following reasons: 1 i had no spare money, 2 carnaval ( my city stops, its a old city that follows the traditions of carnaval, so everything stops and people go out on the streets to dance, drink, eat, play music and be merry ( and fight ), its not a nice time to go out if you're the quiet type. ) 3 everything only starts to really work after the carnaval week, 4 i had some university work to do.

there is a 5, that is im going to put a book of mine on amazon... so its eating time sometimes.

also i found some people in twitter, miktar, retro, meg, katoki and calluna.

im annoying and i talk in portuguese, dont follow back, you guys will regreet it.

Minamu

Because Charr footprints aren't just backwards. Walking forward, running on two feet, running on all fours and walking backwards all have the footprints facing different directions.

A guy on reddit posted some screens showing it.
Still sounds like poor excuses to me. It ought to take an artist no more than a few minutes to turn them around in their software or a programmer to put in some draw exceptions and turn them with code. Yeah it might involve the gameplay programmers sure, but for how long? o_O an hour? Considering reddit has provided enough info on the problem for free. They clearly have the capacity to draw the foot prints incorrectly, so they ought to have the capacity to fix it as well. If this is too costly to fix, something that should've been done correctly from the start, then Anet is in deeper financial troubles than we thought. The time it took to post a response about it is probably close to equal the time it'd require to fix it.

Retro

Still sounds like poor excuses to me. It ought to take an artist no more than a few minutes to turn them around in their software or a programmer to put in some draw exceptions and turn them with code. Yeah it might involve the gameplay programmers sure, but for how long? o_O an hour? Considering reddit has provided enough info on the problem for free. They clearly have the capacity to draw the foot prints incorrectly, so they ought to have the capacity to fix it as well. If this is too costly to fix, something that should've been done correctly from the start, then Anet is in deeper financial troubles than we thought. The time it took to post a response about it is probably close to equal the time it'd require to fix it.

Remember that there's a lot of tech involved with seemingly simple-looking things. For example, character legs and feet reposition themselves so that they always look like they are realistically standing on a surface (rather than most games where their feet just clip or they hover strangely over slopes). There's a lot of stuff involved there; animation, physics, etc., and the footprint element may simply be a small part of a much more complex system that requires people who know what they're doing to fix it and not screw something else up.

I don't think it's as simple as flipping a graphic upside down in mspaint, or even on the level of beards being removed by certain helmets. I also don't think this is a sign that the game is in financial trouble. That's a bit of a leap, isn't it?

Yep a game that made 100 million last year is in financial trouble. What great logic you have there.

Businesses have something called priorities, fixing a footprint doesnt seem to be that important.

When they search Guild Wars 2's apartment for clues on who killed it, they will find all the fingerprints are upside down.

I guess Guild wars 2 had its priorities
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Backwards
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!

I've been thinking about requesting an invite for me and my fiance, but I was wondering if there was a representation requirement? My fiance is in another guild with new players that she likes helping out, so she wouldn't be repping 100% of the time.

Spyware

As some may have noticed, Cresc and I have not been attending guild events lately, and not played much at all. This is due to some seriously annoying illnesses and bad luck with mostly everything this year.

I'm sad to have missed pretty much all but one day of Dragon Ball and I still have not even tried Vinewrath :'(

Finally got the code...... funnily after I returned from outside

sadly it is too late right now and I am busy this week that is coming up

guess I'll play it later in the week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom