• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanathus

ahh is Dragon Ball really going away today?

Dragonball will never go away as long as you believe in it in your heart!
DqgrgG3.png

CrimsonN0

Man, I ended going into WvW just now, only to find 3 Yak's Bend attacking one of our Golems right at spawn, then they ran into our Eternal Battlefields Asura Gate.

They're already beating us by almost 200,000 points, whats the point of hacking into our spawn now.

Man, I ended going into WvW just now, only to find 3 Yak's Bend attacking one of our Golems right at spawn, then they ran into our Eternal Battlefields Asura Gate.

They're already beating us by almost 200,000 points, whats the point of hacking into our spawn now.

Yeah, welcome to Tier 3 WvW. Hopefully you guys aren't stuck there as long as my server was. :/

Minamu

My gf and I are probably coming over to the US on Sunday before the makeups! We're both lvl 80 with my Ele (and my main of course) and her Necro. I'm working on my own necro as well, very curious to see a Terrormancer in action (Everything is fear xD). But I'm wondering what Ele clothes and weapons to get now at 80. I have some lvl 60+ daggers and they're not really cutting it anymore. I saw some kind of 30g exotic dagger on the TP but two of those is a bit too expensive before my Legendary :/ Is the Karma based outfits the way to go before ascended stuff?

A guild invite for my girl would be nice before we transfer :) Itnara.9851

Thorgal

My gf and I are probably coming over to the US on Sunday before the makeups! We're both lvl 80 with my Ele (and my main of course) and her Necro. I'm working on my own necro as well, very curious to see a Terrormancer in action (Everything is fear xD). But I'm wondering what Ele clothes and weapons to get now at 80. I have some lvl 60+ daggers and they're not really cutting it anymore. I saw some kind of 30g exotic dagger on the TP but two of those is a bit too expensive before my Legendary :/ Is the Karma based outfits the way to go before ascended stuff?

If youve done WVW or running in circles in EOTM you can buy a complete set of exotic armor of every stat with badges of honor .

Only need 1000 badges of honor + 10 +g .

Retro

Gaile Gray said:
There is a build planned today (our time, anyway) and we’re hearing it should be live in the next few hours.

Thanks for your patience!

So, yep. Update coming sometime "today."

I remember "GW2subredditaccount". They've "quit" the game like, four times now. Dude is a career troll.

Oh, I know. I was just using it as an example of how people who have no clue what they're talking about think game development works. The fact that whoever that is has to create an account specifically to troll the GW2 subreddit is the biggest, reddest, flaggiest flag in the world of big red flags, a real Grade A+ Asshat.

Chickenado Finisher and Lord Faren's Rapier up on the gem store.

I actually really like those, despite Bonetti's Rapier being pretty snazzy too. I tend to go for less fantastical-looking weapons, so those are right up my alley...

I'm officially going to start playing this game tomorrow.

Yikes, you got banned before you could give us your contact info. If you want a guild invite, send an in-game mail to retro.6831 with your name.#### and I'll get you that way.

Looks like Zed got her earlier today.

Levyne

Banned
Neater
Patch Notes said:
2/24/15 – February 24 Release Notes
Release Notes:

NEW FEATURES AND CONTENT

Lunar New Year

• The Lunar New Year event has ended. Thank you to everyone who participated, and have a joyful and prosperous Year of the Ram!
  • Finolla and Phaedra have left Divinity’s Reach, and the Dragon Ball arena is closed for repairs.
  • Celebration firecrackers have been removed from Divinity’s Reach and the WvW citadels.
  • The Memories of Home effect has been removed.
  • Lunar New Year food items no longer provide a bonus to magic find. Their other effects still apply.
  • Quartermasters in WvW maps will no longer create fireworks when they spawn.
  • Lunar New Year daily achievements and bonus rewards are no longer available.

BALANCE, BUG-FIXING, POLISH

General
  • Fixed some recently introduced audio bugs.
  • Moved the miniature collection achievements to the Basic Collections category.
  • Selecting a miniature collection will now display the missing miniatures.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the Griffon Mail Carrier’s sound effects from playing.
  • Introduced the ability to view all locked dyes in the wardrobe, and players can now preview them on their character.
  • Added the Randomize Finisher option. Select this box to randomly choose from any unlocked finishers—including single-use finishers—to stomp your foe.
BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE

New Items and Promotions

• A Chickenado Finisher is available in the Upgrades category of the Gem Store for 800 gems.
  • Lord Faren’s Rapier Skin is available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 500 gems.

Retro

Yep, 130 MB update, not a whole lot in there. Still, for it being between LS seasons I'm kind of surprised there was an update at all.

Minamu

If youve done WVW or running in circles in EOTM you can buy a complete set of exotic armor of every stat with badges of honor .

Only need 1000 badges of honor + 10 +g .
Cool, I might look into that or just gather more karma on gold. Most of my badges went into getting the gift of battle for my Sunrise recently.

Looks like Zed got her earlier today.
Odd, we must've missed it then, we played for a few hours earlier. I'll check at lunch tomorrow, our time!

Spyware

To clarify, the wings are datamined. No telling when they'll be available.
When Shaman finds Gem Store pics it's usually not far away. Most often just one week away. This is logical since we get client updates every two weeks and gem store updates every week, so they have to put the files in the game a week before they release the stuff without a new patch.

Hope you guys are ok. Dragon Ball sucks so you're not missing much.
Sorry to hear that, I hope you guys feel better soon.
aw... feel better :(
Thanks <3 It's going the right way atm at least.

...and I love DB and is very good at it, so I was actually really sad that I couldn't play it D:

Mxrz

tm4rbHI.jpg

Quest complete, woo. One bad experience out of how ever many groups was better than I expected. Quite a bit of good loot with skins, boxes, and zerk/soldier rings. I'm content.

Achtius

if the white mantles are coming back in HoT, I hope they make/release this outfit

Edit : pic didn't work, but It's the shining blade armor

Ayumi

H-Hey GuildGAF..!

I want to buy this game today. But I wanna know if you guys are active here because you play or just hang out in the thread? I'm trying to get a sense of the playbase in the game before I buy it.

Also, for those of you who play, which region/etc are you on?

Zeroth

H-Hey GuildGAF..!

I want to buy this game today. But I wanna know if you guys are active here because you play or just hang out in the thread? I'm trying to get a sense of the playbase in the game before I buy it.

Also, for those of you who play, which region/etc are you on?

We do play the game! Who do you think we are, people who talk about games they don't play? ;) Seriously though, our guild is pretty active and we are always open to new people. The game itself also has a nice fanbase, elitism is not the norm and the very nature of the game permits people from all kinds of habits and tastes to enjoy it!

As for your question, most of the guild plays on NA, particularly Stormbluff Isle (the server itself only matters if you do World versus World, but you need to pick a NA server to play with us). If you live in a different region, we have plenty of gaffers on EU and even Oceania who play GW2 with us at NA normally with no issues.

If you do decide to play the game, please post your account name so we can invite ya to the guild! :)

Ayumi

We do play the game! Who do you think we are, people who talk about games they don't play? ;) Seriously though, our guild is pretty active and we are always open to new people. The game itself also has a nice fanbase, elitism is not the norm and the very nature of the game permits people from all kinds of habits and tastes to enjoy it!

As for your question, most of the guild plays on NA, particularly Stormbluff Isle (the server itself only matters if you do World versus World, but you need to pick a NA server to play with us). If you live in a different region, we have plenty of gaffers on EU and even Oceania who play GW2 with us at NA normally with no issues.

If you do decide to play the game, please post your account name so we can invite ya to the guild! :)

Thank you for your reply!

I live in Asia but I usually stick with NA regions since that's where my friends are (people here don't play much PC games either so no local friends to play with). So I'll be definitely playing on NA. I'll buy it right now and set things up/write back once I get a username etc up.

Ayumi

You should wait for a sale. They do it quite frequently nowadays. Maybe before HoT's release.

Oh, I don't really mind not waiting. I kinda need something to play right now.. There seems to be no release date on HoT anyway, and I probably have to wait until April maybe.

Morokh

No new content ! (no SAB ! ) (&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;)

.. but Dye preview changes !!! &#65340;(&#65342;O&#65342;)&#65295;

Ok Anet, you're good this time ..... but only this time .....

Oh, I don't really mind not waiting. I kinda need something to play right now.. There seems to be no release date on HoT anyway, and I probably have to wait until April maybe.

Welcome on board!:D you should buy it now for sure and bring home the bacon! You get log-in rewards just for logging in. It's a nice little incentive to have. It's easy after the tutorials to go to the PvP areas, and test out how the skills and mechanics work for the classes^^

FsKMWiJ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom