• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jira

What does Representing actually do?

The way you guys push it makes it feel more like a street gang than a guild.

The comment is in jest; the question is serious.

You can join up to 5 guilds so representing is just a button that lets you change which guild you're currently active in.

Morokh

Regarding free players not being able to go to Lion's Arch to go to another starting zone, it would seem they have instead one waypoint open in each of them to be able to get there.

Also, free accounts can't switch servers even if they delete their characters, so pick the right one on your first go.

Dat Electro Blue.....

gw267ser7d.jpg

Proven

Ah crap, somehow I missed the fact that yesterday's anniversary sale brought back the Silver Salvage-o-matic. I'm stuck out of the house for the next 13 hours but the item is going away in the next few hours. Can anyone log in and gift it to me right now and I pay back the 500 gems when I get home tonight? I still have gems from buying the Ultimate Edition.

spiritfox

Ah crap, somehow I missed the fact that yesterday's anniversary sale brought back the Silver Salvage-o-matic. I'm stuck out of the house for the next 13 hours but the item is going away in the next few hours. Can anyone log in and gift it to me right now and I pay back the 500 gems when I get home tonight? I still have gems from buying the Ultimate Edition.

Erm it account bounds on acquire, so I can't buy it for you even if I could.

One of my buddies gave me his account after he learned I wanted to play and I figure I'd give the game a try! If there's room in the guild I'd love an invite, kinda quiet without one. :)

Display/whatever name is Einbroch.6870 (RIP) and I'm running around on the character Chepet.

One of my buddies gave me his account after he learned I wanted to play and I figure I'd give the game a try! If there's room in the guild I'd love an invite, kinda quiet without one. :)

Display/whatever name is Einbroch.6870 (RIP) and I'm running around on the character Chepet.

Why not make a free 2 play account, just in case for some odd reason your buddy decides he/she/it wants to play again?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Well I got my account password reset, but I had an authenticator on it...which I no longer have the phone for, so I'll have to figure that out now.

Well I got my account password reset, but I had an authenticator on it...which I no longer have the phone for, so I'll have to figure that out now.

Submit a support ticket, I did the same thing and they took the authenticator off after confirming it was my account. Less than 24h turnaround.

Taffer

I'll do it now.
E: Done, I think.

Rawk Hawk

Why are there so many jumping puzzles for the vistas? lol

I know what you mean, but just to attempt to scare you even more, those aren't the jumping puzzles of the game.. the actual jumping puzzles that give achievement points are much longer and more difficult. Although there may be a couple vistas in some (the one on the wall comes to mind?), the vast majority of the jumping puzzles just offer a chest and an achievement. They are also a lot of fun, stumbling on some randomly was really enjoyable when I started out, but if you ever want to get a taste for them just say something in guild chat, I'd be happy to find one near you and attempt to help (I'm not overly good at them myself haha).

OmegaSkittle

Neo Member
Could I get an invite to the GAF guild please?

OmegaSkittle.2179

I leveled a Crusader to 80 at launch but stopped playing due to getting sucked back into WoW.

The past few weeks I have been have so much fun leveling a Warrior. I hit level 76 last night I think.

Excited to hit 80 and start figuring out end game stuff and prepping for raids.

spiritfox

80% off a bunch of minis. Grab them if you don't have them already.

• Mini Arctodus Cub
  • Mini Bear Cub
  • Mini Black Bear Cub
  • Mini Hippo Calf
  • Mini Jaguar Cub
  • Mini Lion Cub
  • Mini Moa Chick
  • Mini Orange Kitten
  • Mini Piglet
  • Mini Polar Bear Cub
  • Mini Snow Cougar Cub
  • Mini White Kitten

So is the smartest thing to do with the Chest of Loyalty picking laurels and then using them to buy heavy bags to sell for 1G a piece? I've been reading that's roughly the value and I think I'd have over 300 laurels and converting that all into gold would be amazing. Never have even had 200G at once before. Personal story and 100 percent WC just doesn't pay :| I figure if I had hundreds of gold, I could easily buy a lot of the crafting mats I need to create ascended weapons.

Zeroth

So is the smartest thing to do with the Chest of Loyalty picking laurels and then using them to buy heavy bags to sell for 1G a piece? I've been reading that's roughly the value and I think I'd have over 300 laurels and converting that all into gold would be amazing. Never have even had 200G at once before. Personal story and 100 percent WC just doesn't pay :| I figure if I had hundreds of gold, I could easily buy a lot of the crafting mats I need to create ascended weapons.

That is the smartest choice, yes. But I would hold to your mats if I were you, HoT may increase the demanda on them and make their price go up.

That is the smartest choice, yes. But I would hold to your mats if I were you, HoT may increase the demanda on them and make their price go up.

Hmm that's pretty smart. I could buy up the bags and then just sit on them and watch how the prices fluctuate. Thanks for the advice.

Zeroth

Hmm that's pretty smart. I could buy up the bags and then just sit on them and watch how the prices fluctuate. Thanks for the advice.

No worries, but keep the laurels in any case. Its better to hold to laurels in case better sinks for it are added than just sit on mat bags.

No worries, but keep the laurels in any case. Its better to hold to laurels in case better sinks for it are added than just sit on mat bags.

You think they'll add more stuff to the laurel vendor? Regardless, I guess it doesn't make sense to purchase the bags early as the laurel cost per bag shouldn't go up and laurels don't waste an inventory slot plus I can quickly purchase them whenever I want. I guess I'll just be patient! At least I can do something with the Chests of Loyalty I've been stacking to free up a bank spot.

Trey

Gotta sell it some time, but it's true it's best to wait until after the patch because volatility will be crazy.

Ashodin

Well you see I'm the worst kind of player for that contract because I usually play only my main and he has had the same hair for three years. I only just recently changed his hair color when I learned they had an exclusive dark brown dye (deep 🍫 or something)

Pro

I've been toying with the idea of using my Mystic Coins for creating Lvl 80 exotics but the ones that seem easily attainable don't sell on TP for all that much gold. Is there a particular item that uses Mystic Coins that is not too hard to create and sells for a good amount of gold? Sitting on ~640 Mystic Coins.

I've been toying with the idea of using my Mystic Coins for creating Lvl 80 exotics but the ones that seem easily attainable don't sell on TP for all that much gold. Is there a particular item that uses Mystic Coins that is not too hard to create and sells for a good amount of gold? Sitting on ~640 Mystic Coins.

Your best bet is to look at something like this list, and see what you can manage: http://gw2efficiency.com/currencies/spirit-shards

Scroll down to Named Weapons, and see what the cost/sell vs profit is. The margins aren't that great, to be honest, unless you already have 2k gold with which to bankroll.

Wanderer5

80% off a bunch of minis. Grab them if you don't have them already.

• Mini Arctodus Cub
  • Mini Bear Cub
  • Mini Black Bear Cub
  • Mini Hippo Calf
  • Mini Jaguar Cub
  • Mini Lion Cub
  • Mini Moa Chick
  • Mini Orange Kitten
  • Mini Piglet
  • Mini Polar Bear Cub
  • Mini Snow Cougar Cub
  • Mini White Kitten

Wow 80% off. I might look into the polar bear cub then.

Ashodin

The interesting thing about coming into a lot of money is it's tempting and paralyzing at all once: do I spend money on the things I want, or continue to slowly accrue them because I have all the time in the world to do so and save?

Ashodin

massivelyop said:
I was prompted to ask whether players will be able to swap out abilities between boss fights. Johanson said that currently players are in combat the whole time they are in the raid instance, so swapping out abilities isn’t possible. But he did say that ANet is still “playing around with what [it] will let you change.”
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting

That said, moving forward, everything brand-spanking new coming to the game will be specifically designed for players who have bought Heart of Thorns. Specifically, the Living World story will be only for HoT players. He explained that story itself has moved to Maguuma, and it only makes sense that the new Living World updates will happen over there.

also interesting

Soooo I jumped on the chance to play Guild Wars 2, and I'm loving it so far. I'm surprised at how relatively easy I was able to get into the swing of things.

I was hoping that maybe I could join up with you guys on GAF? (I actually just finished an event, and I saw one of you guys - well, girl - near the swamp.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom