• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfox

Also use Mystic or BL Salvage Kits so you get more stuff out of it. Sometimes you can get the inscription, which you can sell for a bit of money or reuse for crafting.

It really sucks how BL kits are so rare these days. It really, really, really sucks. I used to have 10-20 of them in my bank. The mystic ones are not even close.

Verdant Brink is really cool and fun to explore but as a GW1 player, I don't get why it looks so completely different...is it all because of mordremoths roots?

At end of LS2 trailer for HoT, the vines come out of a pretty flat jungle...yet we see gigantic cliffs in game with buildings carved into them.

It's as if these were all covered by the jungle before Mordremoths attached the pact.

I hope they remember some of GW1s lore and at least give us some POIs that references those areas. In verdant brink that isn't possible because it's way too different.

Rawk Hawk

Congrats Ike!

i-like-ike.jpg

It really sucks how BL kits are so rare these days. It really, really, really sucks. I used to have 10-20 of them in my bank. The mystic ones are not even close.

I know, seems like I always had a row of them in my bank, but that's slowly going down. Use to even use them on rares because I had so many.

Retro

Morning, folks. Glad to see everyone is happy with the addition. Guild Mission Makeups are at 3pm Eastern / Noon Pacific, or about 3 hours from now.

The Beta Weekend Event ends right about the same time, at 11:59 am today (unless they extend it like last time).

The Mordrem world event begins this Friday (9/10) at Noon Eastern / 9am Pacific. No details as of yet but it apparently takes place in Brisban Wildlands, Kessex Hills and Diessa Plateau. Watch the OT for more info as we get it.

Here's hoping we get Druid or Forge info this week.

Verdant Brink is really cool and fun to explore but as a GW1 player, I don't get why it looks so completely different...is it all because of mordremoths roots?

At end of LS2 trailer for HoT, the vines come out of a pretty flat jungle...yet we see gigantic cliffs in game with buildings carved into them.

It's as if these were all covered by the jungle before Mordremoths attached the pact.

I hope they remember some of GW1s lore and at least give us some POIs that references those areas. In verdant brink that isn't possible because it's way too different.

If you look at That_shaman's maps, GW1 didn't really go into Verdant Brink much. When you consider the maps don't line up exactly (the Silverwastes is further east than Silverwood was in GW1), it's possible Verdant Brink wasn't even in GW1.

I guess 250 years and a massive dragon-as-force-of-nature can change a place. We don't know how big, exactly, Mordremoth is, but Zhaitan was supposedly little.

Retro

I really wish there was some way to submit Beta Feedback directly instead of wading into the Official Forums. Some kind of site or even an e-mail address or something. Damn near every feedback thread I've seen has devolved into people ripping each others' feedback apart. Enemies are too hard? LOL Zerker Meta. Enemies too easy? LOL, Zerker Meta (yes, seriously, both). Map needs hearts, no it doesn't, map needs vistas, no it doesn't, nighttime is boring, nightime is great, the daytime is boring. I hated a thing, stop being a hater, I liked a thing, stop being a fanboy. Ugh. I have the overwhelming sense that any feedback I give would be lost in the brown noise.

You mean tomorrow, right retro? Teaser I mean.

Ah, yeah, I wasn't paying attention while I was typing. Thanks.

Proven

I just pray that they get around to reading GAF, as the only other place I feel it's even possible for me to leave beta feedback on is Reddit. I'll read the official forums, but I hate posting there.

We're still doing dungeons today? I have a rare Sunday off so as long as I don't randomly take a nap I should be game.

Morning, folks. Glad to see everyone is happy with the addition. Guild Mission Makeups are at 3pm Eastern / Noon Pacific, or about 3 hours from now.

The Beta Weekend Event ends right about the same time, at 11:59 am today (unless they extend it like last time).

The Mordrem world event begins this Friday (9/10) at Noon Eastern / 9am Pacific. No details as of yet but it apparently takes place in Brisban Wildlands, Kessex Hills and Diessa Plateau. Watch the OT for more info as we get it.

Here's hoping we get Druid or Forge info this week.

If you look at That_shaman's maps, GW1 didn't really go into Verdant Brink much. When you consider the maps don't line up exactly (the Silverwastes is further east than Silverwood was in GW1), it's possible Verdant Brink wasn't even in GW1.

I guess 250 years and a massive dragon-as-force-of-nature can change a place. We don't know how big, exactly, Mordremoth is, but Zhaitan was supposedly little.
They aren't extending beta till tomorrow since it is a long weekend?

I just hope lore doesn't get ignored for the sake of creating unique looking maps.

Hope they reveal Forge last because, saving best for last is a thing.

Will we demote Ashodin now that Ike is a leader?

We're still doing dungeons today? I have a rare Sunday off so as long as I don't randomly take a nap I should be game.

We are!

☆ THIS WEEK'S EVENT - SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 6 ☆

Event #6 - Sorrow's Embrace
Explorable Paths 2 and 3

Required Character Level: 65
Required Zone: Dredgehaunt Cliffs

Recommended Gear:
-Powerful Potion of Dredge Slaying
-Sigil of the Night

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
kos please just ask your questions out loud to your computer screen instead of actually typing and submitting them

edit: Ooh SE Path 2 has one of my favorite boss fights!

Retro

They aren't extending beta till tomorrow since it is a long weekend?

I just hope lore doesn't get ignored for the sake of creating unique looking maps.

Hope they reveal Forge last because, saving best for last is a thing.

Will we demote Ashodin now that Ike is a leader?

Not that I've seen.

We've already seen hints that they're bringing a lot of GW1 lore back with the Forgotten/Mursaat/whatever-looking guys in the golden city, and though Verdant Brink doesn't sync up with anywhere from GW1 exactly, there's a good chance we'll go to Magus Falls and Bloodstone Fen.

They probably will.

No.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I logged in to play, forgot I did, then went out. Does this game autologous you out after time? Did I do something bad

Thorgal

if you remain afk for a period of time the game will kick you out of the server but that is it

no negatives or anything so no you did not do something bad .

Retro

Thanks for coming out for Makeup Missions, everyone, Dungeons will begin shortly!
☆ THIS WEEK'S EVENT - SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 6 ☆

Event #6 - Sorrow's Embrace
Explorable Paths 2 and 3

Required Character Level: 65
Required Zone: Dredgehaunt Cliffs

Recommended Gear:
-Powerful Potion of Dredge Slaying
-Sigil of the Night

Today's Gem Store sales are pretty good, but you can only buy each of these items once!
  • Bank Access Express - 5 for 12 gems (normal price is 35 gems each!)
  • Black Lion Chest Key - 5 for 112 gems (normal price is 125 gems each!)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
another way to look at this deal is: for one gem less than a normal black lion key, you can get 5 keys and 5 bank expresses!

zulux21

Mystic forging is usually not worth it unless you are looking for a precursor or you have stuff you can't vendor, sell on tp, or salvage (karma gear, for example).

Most of he time, its better to sell an exotic on trade post, though the rune/sigil on it may be worth most of or all the value. In that case, salvage it and sell the rune. Some exotics are account bound, so salvage those if you can't use them.

thanks for the response.

Proven

I didn't say anything in Mumble this time, but I want to thank GW2 GAF for always being available, inviting, and enabling my casual GW2 lifestyle. I was in the middle of trying out Dragon Hunter for the first time in Verdant Brink when Taffer/Alabaster whispered me. I would've likely missed the whole thing again, so thanks a lot. Got to swap to my Necro and go to town. The party was chill and we busted through amazingly quick.

Next week I was going to use my Thief, but I think Daredevil might have ruined me a little. Might use Guardian. I will aim to see you all there.

Taffer

I didn't say anything in Mumble this time, but I want to thank GW2 GAF for always being available, inviting, and enabling my casual GW2 lifestyle. I was in the middle of trying out Dragon Hunter for the first time in Verdant Brink when Taffer/Alabaster whispered me. I would've likely missed the whole thing again, so thanks a lot. Got to swap to my Necro and go to town. The party was chill and we busted through amazingly quick.

Next week I was going to use my Thief, but I think Daredevil might have ruined me a little. Might use Guardian. I will aim to see you all there.

I think that was Ike!

Quenk

Thanks for the SE2 and 3 runs this week. It's a shame our party had the bug with P2 but other than that I think we did quite well.

Edit: unrelated but did they change it so charr names are below the character model? I was pugging stuff earlier and I noticed it with the two charr in my party.

Thank you everyone for the Sorrow's Embrace dungeon path runs!

Edit: unrelated but did they change it so charr names are below the character model? I was pugging stuff earlier and I noticed it with the two charr in my party.

I think it is a bug with the new Royal Guard outfit.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
so im in a situation i like the looks of the guardian but i like the look of the revenant, my main hero is a warrior and im worried leveling the guardian then the revenant will burn me out,

shall i just wait for revenant and concentrate on my warrior is bes t?

so im in a situation i like the looks of the guardian but i like the look of the revenant, my main hero is a warrior and im worried leveling the guardian then the revenant will burn me out,

shall i just wait for revenant and concentrate on my warrior is bes t?

Stick with what is the most fun for you right now. It doesn't really matter what you play, since everything tends to benefit any future or current characters (the game is remarkably alt-friendly).

So if you're enjoying Guard, stick with it, or focus on your Warrior and see where it takes you,.

Emitan

Hey I just wanted to let everyone know the reason I've been gone is because I've been moving to another city! I can't connect my desktop to the internet yet (no ethernet in my room) so all I can play GW2 on is my Macbook Air which runs the game pretty poorly.

☆ THIS WEEK'S EVENT - SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 13 ☆

Event #7 - Citadel of Flame
Story Path and Explorable Paths 1/2/3

Required Character Level: 75
Required Zone: Fireheart Rise

Recommended Gear:
  • Powerful Potions of Flame Legion Slaying
  • Sigil of the Night

All dungeon runs will take place after the completion of Sunday Guild Make-Up Missions (~4:30 PM EDT). Events should be expected to take no longer than two hours.

These events are intended to be rather casual, and they will be very new-player friendly. Players of every experience level are encouraged to participate, so please invite anyone who you think would like to join.

For each full party that completes a given week's dungeon run, five gold will be added to a raffle from which one participant's name will be drawn. So if five parties complete the event, you have a chance at winning an extra twenty-five gold! The more people who show up, the more money you can win!

We will be thinking of small bonus challenges each week to announce randomly during the events, which will award more prizes, so be ready for those too!

☆ CURRENT EVENT SCHEDULE ☆

#1 - July 26 - Ascalonian Catacombs

#2 - August 2 - Caudecus's Manor

#3 - August 9 - Twilight Arbor
Story Path and Explorable Forward/Up Paths

#4 - August 16 - Twilight Arbor
Explorable Aetherpath

#5 - August 23 - Sorrow's Embrace
Story Path and Explorable Path 1

August 30 - PAX Prime
*BYE WEEK*

#6 - September 6 - Sorrow's Embrace
Explorable Paths 2/3

#7 - September 13 - Citadel of Flame

#8 - September 20 - Honor of the Waves
Story Path and Explorable Path 1

#9 - September 27 - Honor of the Waves
Explorable Paths 2/3

#10 - October 4 - Crucible of Eternity

#11 - October 11 - The Ruined City of Arah
Explorable Paths 1/2

#12 - October 18 - The Ruined City of Arah
Explorable Paths 3/4​

☆ DUNGEON MASTER CHALLENGE ☆

Any guild members able to attend all dungeon paths will be eligible for an even split of an extra two hundred gold prize! The fewer people who complete this challenge the more valuable your dedication and hard work becomes, so don't give up!

In the potential case that no one was able to show up for all of the paths, a reduced reward will be given to the guild member(s) who managed to attend the most weeks. So it's still worth giving it a try, even if you know you'll miss some weeks!​

mikeGFG

Banned
Long time Guild Wars 2 OT lurker here, and I think that with HoT on the horizon that it's high time I applied to [Gaming Age Force]

Any spots open? Hit me up, wolfshirt.8459! :D

ss_lemonade

Can I get an invite again? Sorry, this is like my 3rd time now. Hopefully I'll be more active this time and not get culled.

georaldc.9834

Hellers

I play every now and again. I like hopping between different F2P MMOs when I get bored. Last couple of weeks I was playing some Star Trek Online. Last thursday night I had a dream that I was playing GW2 and took that as a sign.

I spent a bit of time yesterday levelling my Necromancer. Got from 60-68. I have a Guardian, Ele, Thief and Hunter at 80. It`s surprisingly relaxing if you take your time and just potter around different maps with no real aim. It also helped selling a load of my crafting mats I have no immediate plans to use and getting 52g for them

The new trait and build system confused me at first but now I`ve figured it out I really like it. Some interesting choices to make.

After I get her to 80 I have a choice between Mesmer (40), Warrior(30) and Engineer(36) to level next. I`m struggling a bit with the engineer. I can`t find a playstyle I like and I can`t decide on weapon sets for my Mesmer. I like them all. My warrior is a big beefy Norn with a greatsword and bow. I do like him a lot.

Quite speedy levelling too if you`re using a 24 hour birthday boost (And I have loads of the damn things left too).

You can actually speed up levelling to a really silly degree, by stacking xp food buffs, with a guild xp banner, and the laurel-bought xp booster, in addition to any account-wide xp boosts and things like birthday boosters and killstreak xp boosters.

Whole lotta boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom