• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroth

★ Jumping Puzzle Event Series ★
☆ NEXT UPCOMING EVENT - WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 9 ☆

Event #1 - Shamans Rookery

Required Character Level: 1 (11 Recommended)
Required Zone: Wayfarer Foothills

Recommended Waypoint: Osenfold Waypoint

Zeroth, appletoasty, and I will be hosting biweekly jumping puzzle events. Just like the ongoing dungeon events, these are aimed specifically at new players or players who may have never attempted puzzles before, but everyone is welcome to join!

The events will take place 30 minutes after server reset (8:30 PM EDT) on Wednesday and Friday nights, and will be fairly quick, but they give us another good excuse to see our guild members' pretty faces.

Around 10 minutes before the event, we will hop into Mumble, and start collecting at the entrance to the zone to help anyone missing the waypoint. We'll hoof it to the puzzle together, and we can get started as soon as everyone is ready!

To sweeten the deal, anyone who makes it to the chest at the end of the puzzle and stays for a group photo will be entered into a weekly drawing for a five gold prize. Going to both events each week gives you two entries in the drawing, so be there!

For anyone coming to the jumping puzzle tonight, if you're not sure if you have the recommended waypoint, type this into chat:

[&BAEEAAA=]

It'll show you where you need to go =)

Ashodin

¤ GAF Guild Belcher's Bluff Tournament #1 ¤

Welcome, welcome to the first ever GAF Guild Belcher's Bluff Tournament! I've been meaning to start this up for a while and I feel the lull between the game and expansion is the best time.

¤ What Is Belcher's Bluff? ¤

Added in the first Bazaar of the Four Winds, it's a mini game that is played by trying to make your opponent drink too heavily and pass out. Structured similar to rock paper scissors, you both select an option on your 1-5 bar, then an outcome is made. You can choose to drink, take a fake drink, or heal up. Of course, you can choose to harm your opponent if they fake it with a rousing belch!

¤ Where Does The Skill Come In? ¤

In addition to the previous skills, you can select unique abilities that modify your playstyle, learned from the masters of Om themselves!

Learn more here: wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Belcher's_Bluff

¤ What Are The Details Of The Tournament? ¤

Starting tomorrow night, I'll be heading up a squad to head to each city to assist guild members in getting the signature moves in preparation for the tournament. It is possible to win without these (and are not necessary to play in the tournament) but I'd like to help you get them (and the achievements!)

Other details:
  • Signups begin now
  • No level requirement
  • Best of 3.
  • Conquest mode: Must switch winning signature move to another not used if you win.
  • Tournament will be posted this Sunday after the PVP Rush
  • Matches can be played any time after, but please send me a screenshot of the outcome to maxrpg(at)gmail(for)com or if I'm online, contact me to officiate.
  • Semi finals and finals will be streamed on Twitch
  • 1st Place Gold Reward: 50g
  • 2nd Place Gold Reward: 25g
  • 3rd Place Gold Reward: 12g
  • 4-10th: 5 Unidentified Dyes

HELPING PEOPLE GET THE BELCHER'S BLUFF SPECIALS at 9 PM EDT

MEET IN LION'S ARCH, near the TP!

Thank you to everyone for coming to tonight's jumping puzzle and race!

HRy9Ns1.jpg

We'll head to Caledon Forest this Friday night!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I hate being so darn busy these days, I want to play more than I am. There any upcoming expansions to give me more free time?

Indignate

Jumped into WvW after we did the jumping puzzles.

I just started randomly following a commander as people shouted out acronyms that I didn't understand. We were also getting our asses kicked for the most part. I'm not sure if this is one of those "time of day things" or if that one world always holds 80% of the maps, but it was still fun trying to hold down a fort while an army while their army banged against our door before killing us all. Someone posted a TS server as I was leaving, so I might hop into that next time to see if I can't get a better understanding of whatever is going on.

Retro

Jumped into WvW after we did the jumping puzzles.

I just started randomly following a commander as people shouted out acronyms that I didn't understand. We were also getting our asses kicked for the most part. I'm not sure if this is one of those "time of day things" or if that one world always holds 80% of the maps, but it was still fun trying to hold down a fort while an army while their army banged against our door before killing us all. Someone posted a TS server as I was leaving, so I might hop into that next time to see if I can't get a better understanding of whatever is going on.

Most of the shorthand is simple; Hills and Bay are the two forts on the east and west side of the map, respectively. "Garri" is the keep at the center of the map.

The rest of the abbreviations are usually a cardinal direction and an objective. "NET" is NorthEast Tower, "SWC" is SouthWest Camp, and so on. The only exception is that people usually just use "NN" and "SS" for North and South camps (the double letter is so people don't go "N? North what?).

There's a few other odds and ends, like Wurmgate (the northern most gate of bay, where a wurm spawns), Watergate (the gate into garrison that leads up from the water on the SE side), Suicide Gate (the SW gate into garrison, so named because the approaches to it all suck)... "Cata Spot" is usually one of two places; the southernmost wall at Bay (there's a little niche where people drop catapults that are out of sight and siege range) or the middle of the wall at Hills (same deal; not a lot of the built-in siege can hit that spot). Both places allow a single battery of catapults to fire through both the outer and inner walls of the keeps, so that's where people tend to drop em.

Might be forgetting a few, but that's most of em.

Edit: Oh yeah; "RI" refers to Righteous Indignation, a buff that the Supervisor / Lord has immediately after an objective is captured. They have 5 minutes of invulnerability to prevent the objective from being immediately flipped. You'll see people call out "RI 2:30", that's just how much time they have left.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
jumping puzzle events yay! I'm sorry I missed it :( If they're going to be on Wednesday I should be able to make some at least!

I am gonna have to miss Missions this Saturday too unfortunately. It's my sister's boyfriend's 40th birthday. He is a professional chef, and as such I would like to encourage him to stick around as long as possible

Qurupeke

Is there any way to disable the personal story marker at the upper right? When I finish a chapter it's not there anymore and it shows points of interest, vistas etc. near me. When it's active though, it only shows the next step for the story.

Thorgal

Is there any way to disable the personal story marker at the upper right? When I finish a chapter it's not there anymore and it shows points of interest, vistas etc. near me. When it's active though, it only shows the next step for the story.
Go to the options menu.

First page has a selection to turn events and personal story off.

edit: it also works for the compass.

Hellers

Go to the options menu.

First page has a selection to turn events and personal story off.

edit: it also works for the compass.

That`s perfect. Thank you. You know I trawled through the menus multiple times over the last few days and everytime missed the option staring me in the face. I think I was expecting a checkbox rather than a dropdown

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
even though I can't make Sat. missions, I might be able to make Friday jumping puzzle and Sunday dungeon this time :D

I think I`m going to play my Mesmer for a bit tonight. She`s level 40 and I still can`t decide what weapons to use.

I found Mesmer really hard to play before max level and access to a full build :< I think it's really fun once you're max level and have access to all the traits, utilities, and proper gear though. Their direct damage in PvE is just awful compared to other classes but they make up for it with amazing control and support (reflects, condition clears, boon stripping, stability, quickness, stealth, a touch of group invulnerability, blah blah blah)

For levelling in the open world I'd probably go sword/x and greatsword :D For offhand I'd probably go pistol, sword, or focus offhand - I like focus because it gives swiftness and the Illusionary Warden does an OK amount of AOE damage (the other two offhands I mentioned have only single-target phantasms).

Ashodin

My work PC isn't the greatest, so maybe it's an issue on my end? But sounds like your audio kept looping? For example the first comment about seeing if mumble was muted played like 5 times, at decreased volumes each time.

EDIT: Also, still made me laugh when the random came in and everyone celebrated being let free.

Largely last night was a calibration stream. I also have a habit of repeating myself, so it could be that, haha!

STREAMING THE MORDREM EVENT LIVE AT WWW.TWITCH.TV/ASHODIN

Come say hi on the Camera, we're at Watchful Source in Brisban Wildlands!

Wanderer5

Hmmm what is the egg that's further up the list?

I not sure which series, but you get a random mini from it.

Also here the full list

• Memories of Scarlet Box – Contains components for the crafting of spinal blades and items from Scarlet’s assault.

• Arid Dusty Satchel – Contains components for the crafting of Mawdrey and items from the Maguuma Wastes.

• Mysterious Key Pouch – Contains a choice of a Mysterious Blue Key, Mysterious Green Key, or Mysterious Pink Key.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-mordrem-guard/

This post is terriffic, dang.

My favorite bits:

Yes, it&#8217;s true&#8212;sylvari were created to be dragon minions. And now Mordremoth has called them home.
As we ended season two of our Living World episodes, we saw that some sylvari heeded Mordremoth&#8217;s call and then turned against their Pact comrades. All the sylvari in the area have heard the call, but so far only some have succumbed to the dragon&#8217;s influence. These sylvari are known as Mordrem Guard.

I just love seeing it in writing, that it's true. I mean, we've all known for a loong time, but this is the first time I think they've confirmed it straight.

There are three unique commanders active in Maguuma, each with its own individual look, weaponry, and set of terrifying magical attacks. Worst of all for Pact forces, Mordremoth has an inexhaustible supply of all three Mordrem Guard commanders; when one falls in battle, the jungle dragon simply creates a new one with the same look, same name, and same deadly abilities as the one it replaced.

I'm a sucker for that shit.

Mordrem Guard are entirely devoted to Mordremoth. They regard the dragon as their destiny and reject their former lives and all the teachings of the Pale Tree. In fact, some express disdain for her presence and the fact that she kept them from this fate for so long; they feel that all those Wyld Hunts in their past were just distractions, pulling their focus away from their true purpose.

Perfection.

Yeah this event...

Got 10 stacks, not wasting my time with it anymore, old rewards are great too! This was obviously aimed to the new players. Which is fine I guess, but it's rather disappointing.

Thorgal

Yeah this event...

Got 10 stacks, not wasting my time with it anymore, old rewards are great too! This was obviously aimed to the new players. Which is fine I guess, but it's rather disappointing.

I don't think it is really meant for new players since looking at the hits i am taking a lvl 25 would get insta gibbed .

Mxrz

Bah. people get my halo but I can't get a witch hat. /grumble.

If nothing else, event reminded me why season 1 was so. . . season 1. Only we collectively forgot how to do map wide events, and all the pve commanders pile onto one event while the map fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom