• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

I don't really need anything that high on the list thankfully (already have the two potions and scarlet gear), so won't feel the need to farm this event.:p Just some meh filler before HoT.

ChrisDM

Anyone able to throw me an invite to the GAF guild? :] My character's name is Bombit Diehm.

This seems like a fantastic community though and I'm hoping to give this game another shot. Couldn't run on my laptop when I picked it up at launch but now I should be good to go. Expansion looks sweet!

Jira

Anyone able to throw me an invite to the GAF guild? :] My character's name is Bombit Diehm.

This seems like a fantastic community though and I'm hoping to give this game another shot. Couldn't run on my laptop when I picked it up at launch but now I should be good to go. Expansion looks sweet!

Invited you, bring up the guild panel and click our guild then click the Represent button.

Morokh

I'm catching up on the 'fixed' reward-rates since I woke up this morning, and ..... maybe they should have left this event broken after all xD

After doing two full runs yesterday, the event itself is a big mess, it emcompasses everything that has always been wrong with their event and scaling system since launch when there is many people in one place in a map.

All you can reasonably do is playing Tag-Wars 2 in hope of getting credit for the events, it's not fun, it's borderline stressfull because you never know if you'll reach the next event before it finishes, and then with no XP/Loot/Karma as basic rewards it's not even remotely rewarding.

Then with the 'fixed' rewards there comes the issue of needing 20 stacks to get the full reward, it basically encourages people to jump from event to event without completing them to tag as much of them as possible ....

Now look at the possible bloom rewards, every map starts at xx:30 in a rotation with a one hour gap until it starts again, that is one full event loop in 4 hours (half of it being waiting for the next event to start on top of that)
Best case scenario, you get 15 blooms per map per rotation + 20 bonus blooms per day for every map.
That's a maximum 330 Blooms per 24 hours without interruption, getting max reward everytime, and provided you don't DC in the middle of an event.

The event is 4 days long, with two of those days being workdays .... and one of those days already gone for EU players because they had to 'fix' the event.
( event started at 5-7 pm depending on where you are, and the fix came early the day after)

The only good news in all this is that daily rewards (should you be able to get them all...) will allow you to buy at least one of the 250 bloom skins granted you got at least minimum reward twice.
And I sincerely think that's as far as I'll go.

Wanderer5

Beside the whole tagging problem with this event, it just seems also quite unrewarding since it only going to be 4 days and that doesn't look to be much when it comes to the stack system and gated blooms. Gotta grind hard and be selfish if you want one of those potions heh.

Jira

As I had said elsewhere, it feels like it was cobbled together by 5-10 people in a hurry and didn't go through very much iteration design wise. Honestly it may have been better to not have done it and just kept those people on HoT which is more important at the moment. I'd rather have the manpower on something I've paid for than a 4 day event that has serious reward issues in terms of pacing.

Wanderer5

I was expecting a final event boss thing too. Give us something to salivate over, make us want to get in that Maguuma.

Yeah each invasion just ends on well, a empty note lol. A filler can be exciting, but this doesn't do that. There like no soul nor immersion in this event really, just these invasions are just "there" with a bleh reward system that encourages tagging and such pretty much. It makes it even more sad that they kind of were hyping this to the F2P folks, and now just seeing how the event turned out, it not giving a good impression.

Jira

Yeah each invasion just ends on well, a empty note lol. A filler can be exciting, but this doesn't do that. There like no soul nor immersion in this event really, just these invasions are just "there" with a bleh reward system that encourages tagging and such pretty much. It makes it even more sad that they kind of were hyping this to the F2P folks, and now just seeing how the event turned out, it not giving a good impression.

A lot of the design decisions don't make sense, especially for the F2P players. As far as they're concerned, they're getting one shot, no loot, no xp, spending money on waypoints, and then getting a currency they don't have the secondary costs to be able to afford the items.

Xanathus

So... I'm guessing I shouldn't bother grinding the events in order to get that halo potion because I'll never actually make enough blooms in time?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Man what the fuck. I was doing the event, had 5 stacks. Got disconnected. Logged back in, got 5 more stacks. event ends, I get nothing.

What and why. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I was expecting a final event boss thing too. Give us something to salivate over, make us want to get in that Maguuma.

They advertise bosses. I think they'll start spawning on the weekend. Either that, or I misunderstood a part of the news post.

Also: wow. More people talking about the rewards, than the enjoyment of playing some new (if simplistic, but I still think it's only the first phase) content. I think I'm with the wrong crowd here. I already live on a farm, I don't need to play games to farm. :p

They advertise bosses. I think they'll start spawning on the weekend.

Also: wow. More people talking about the rewards, than the enjoyment of playing some new (if simplistic, but I still think it's only the first phase) content. I think I'm with the wrong crowd here. I already live on a farm, I don't need to play games to farm. :p

Game Update (September 11th 2015):
- To enjoy events better without farming, please move to a farm in real life and then play the game.

Rawk Hawk

They advertise bosses. I think they'll start spawning on the weekend.

I know it's different, but when I read posts about the rewards it reminds me of mercenaries in movies. Like the world is crumbling, but they demand payment up front for their services, and the hero of the film finally caves to their request to help all of humanity (or their specific gang, ala Gangs of New York). Always hate those guys..

But in the end they usually turn out to be good, so maybe there is hope for the mercenaries of Tyria.

I know it's different, but when I read posts about the rewards it reminds me of mercenaries in movies. Like the world is crumbling, but they demand payment up front for their services, and the hero of the film finally caves to their request to help all of humanity (or their specific gang, ala Gangs of New York). Always hate those guys..

But in the end they usually turn out to be good, so maybe there is hope for the mercenaries of Tyria.
Didn't know you role played.

I enjoyed this, thank you. ^..^

Fishious

It's just human nature (and charr and asura...). In this world of uncertainty where dragons warp the elements, reshaping the world the to fulfill their unknowable desires society as we know it has ceased to function. When today's allies could be tomorrow's enemies, the only true measure of a man's worth is his fabulousness.

In this harsh world it isn't food, weapons, or armor that have value, but skins and dyes. I watched good men and women die yesterday so a stranger could wear a chia pet on their shoulders and I can't say what they did was wrong. I've seen the clashes between the factions as people align themselves with ruthless commanders. Battlefields littered with the followers of cool ranch and nacho cheese. But before you blame the desperate souls fighting tooth and nail over the ownership of a floating, glowing donut ask yourself this: "Do I want to wait a year for another chance like a pleb or do I want to look fly?"

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I was talking about autorun, yeah! I didn't change any settings so default is making the dude run forward without having to press anything other than r once.

It's amazing

For those who want to know the schedule

i converted all times to EST..
Brisban Wildlands
4:30
8:30
12:30
16:30
20:30
00:30

Kessex Hills

5:30
9:30
13:30
17:30
21:30
1:30

Diessa Plateau
6:30
10:30
14:30
18:30
22:30
02:30

Jira

I rebound autorun to Numlock because R is used for class skills. That and Numlock is pretty much the standard for auto running in MMOs....except FF which is also R.

Jumping puzzley tonight is 8:30?

Yup!

★ Jumping Puzzle Event Series ★

☆ NEXT UPCOMING EVENT - FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 11 ☆

Event #2 - Morgan's Leap and Dark Reverie

Required Character Level: 1 (10 Recommended)
Required Zone: Caledon Forest

Recommended Waypoint: Spiral Waypoint — [&BDUBAAA=]​

Zeroth, appletoasty, and I will be hosting biweekly jumping puzzle events. Just like the ongoing dungeon events, these are aimed specifically at new players or players who may have never attempted puzzles before, but everyone is welcome to join!

The events will take place 30 minutes after server reset (8:30 PM EDT) on Wednesday and Friday nights, and will be fairly quick, but they give us another good excuse to see our guild members' pretty faces.

Around 10 minutes before the event, we will hop into Mumble, and start collecting at the entrance to the zone to help anyone missing the waypoint. We'll hoof it to the puzzle together, and we can get started as soon as everyone is ready!

To sweeten the deal, anyone who makes it to the chest at the end of the puzzle and stays for a group photo will be entered into a weekly drawing for a five gold prize. Going to both events each week gives you two entries in the drawing, so be there!

You guys are having them on Fridays too? Might be able to actually join in on some then heh.

Yes, but biweekly ^_^ The next jumping puzzle events after this will be September 23 and 25.

EDIT: JUST KIDDING biweekly in this context means twice a week, not every other week. Next event is NEXT WEDNESDAY September 16. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom