• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did an invasion sequence, tried the cannon events and the bomb events, really well designed. It's fun watching people figure it out, and learn to defend the cannonneers and so on.

Glad to see Living World starting up again. I love this kind of content.

mR8KEk7.jpg

(Yes, there is some kind of bug with the blooms - I didn't even get any at the end. Expect a hotfix soon.)

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Take part in the event that just started and collect 450 of the tokens. Then go to the vendor in Brisban Wildlands and buy it for 450 tokens and 10g.

How much time do I have I can't log on right now! Also I am gold short I need to make that before it's too late?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That sylvari from the start of s2 was a soundless. Odds are that they have nothing to protect them from the call.
I'm pretty sure Aerin was soundless and he seemed to be under Mordremoth's influence during LS2. So I'd say the soundless are probably vulnerable, perhaps moreso than those protected by the pale tree.
Interesting point. Actually, I didn't assume Aerin was meant to be under the dragon's direct influence. But I guess that makes sense.

If is it the case, then the Soundless are indeed actually the more vulnerable target (explaining why the first corruptible one we saw was one, I suppose). They can't receive communication from the dream about the impending danger to remove themselves physically or take whatever other measures secondborn like Canach seem to have been able to and prolong the corruption.

Ashodin

How much time do I have I can't log on right now! Also I am gold short I need to make that before it's too late?

I will personally give you 10 gold to get it if you get 450 blooms.

OK so it seems the rotation is

Invasion, Invasion, Invasion, Break

So 4 hours total. Of the 24 hours in a day, the maximum right now that you can get while being bugged is 5 blooms per event. Which means 18 hours in a day for 5 blooms each, which is 90 blooms per day.

You can get 360 blooms this way, which is 90 short of a Selfless potion. It has to be bugged something fierce.

My guess? The sylvari from the other pale tree is going to play a big part in this somewhere, as will his tree. It was odd that he was included in an origin story, and only referenced in passing after that.

Taffer

My guess? The sylvari from the other pale tree is going to play a big part in this somewhere, as will his tree. It was odd that he was included in an origin story, and only referenced in passing after that.

The Harbinger guy? I suppose it's possible. Harbinger harbinger harbinger.

Quenk

Gaile posted on the official forums that rewards will be retroactively given out for people that haven't received them. This may take a few days but the NPC will be around longer so you'll be able to trade in your tokens.

Jira

I really have to wonder if not getting any XP at all for any of it is a bug. Why tell new players hey come do this event when it gives no XP, no actual loot (to prevent champ farming), and the bloom rewards are more expensive than any new player can possibly afford. I really hope they turn on XP from mob kills and event completion so I can level my thief here.

I really have to wonder if not getting any XP at all for any of it is a bug. Why tell new players hey come do this event when it gives no XP, no actual loot (to prevent champ farming), and the bloom rewards are more expensive than any new player can possibly afford. I really hope they turn on XP from mob kills and event completion so I can level my thief here.

I would love to have a good way to level my thief up.

Jira

Update on the Mordrem Invasion Event — 1:45 PM Pacific 9/10:

Some of you have asked about rewards for defeating the Mordrem during their attempts to invade Kessex Hills, Brisban Wildlands, and Diessa Plateau. Here’s some info from the dev team:

Rewards scale with the number of Mordrem incursions you help defeat.
There also is a daily map bonus for repelling invasions.
Remember that a rewards issue currently is being addressed and we hope to have a fix for that soon.
Rewards, if not received immediately, will be distributed to those who earned them in the next several days.
NPCs will remain in place for a period of time after the event so that you can exchange blooms for items. An NPC will remain in the Priory for a few months, at least, so you’ll be able to make the exchanges you need to make.

Malyck. What a badass

Right, that guy.

I'm hoping a fight against another pale tree is one of the raids.

Also, what the heck does the Nightmare Court think of all this? The knowledge that, indeed, they were meant to be evil, destructive creatures has got to be some sort of vindication for them.

Ashodin

Not really, the Nightmare Court was all about breaking away from the Pale Tree and being hedonists, with no master.

Not sure if they would like being enslaved to another "tree" as it were.

Quick question:
Is all the Sylvari stuff you're talking about gone over in the Living World stuff? Because I basically totally missed all that.

EDIT: Also Sylvari best race confirmed

Retro

I'm hoping a fight against another pale tree is one of the raids.

Minor HoT Beta Weekend Spoilers:
In this last BWE one of the events was to try and bomb a Mordrem-spawning tree called the Blighting Tree. You fight a creepy-looking corrupted Sylvari named Diarmid who was spawned from it. NPC chatter suggests that it even recycles dead Sylvari to make new minions (as seen here)

Quick question:
Is all the Sylvari stuff you're talking about gone over in the Living World stuff? Because I basically totally missed all that.

EDIT: Also Sylvari best race confirmed

The stuff with Malyck (called "The Harbinger" by the Nightmare Court) is covered in the Sylvari personal Story if you selected the "Where life goes, so too, should you" option during character creation.

The revelation that the Sylvari are meant to be minions of the Jungle Dragon happened at the end of Season 2; one of the firstborn Sylvari named Wynne saw the truth of the race's origins in The Dream and fled. Rather than let Faolain (the leader of the Nightmare Court) torture that information out of her, she begged Caithe to kill her instead, which she promptly did.

@Retro,
doesnt that screenshot imply that the Blighted Tree takes any dead body and turns it into a Mordrem. Meaning very similar to Zhaitan and dead bodies.

Oops.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Karma is gonna be easiest to get in the Edge of the Mists, but it's boring and Karma doesn't have a whole lot of uses now anyways, especially if you're not interested in collecting skins.

Gold is always useful, as are dungeon tokens (for both gear and skins). You could hit up dungeons if your character is high enough level, with the added bonus of that character getting a lot of XP as well.

You could zip around the world gathering materials for future crafting, or level crafting on your existing character (you can basically use them as a crafting mule). Both will give you XP though, I dunno how much you want to avoid leveling your existing characters.

You can do Living Story stuff on your warrior, assuming they're 80, and unlock some Ascended accessories (sinister stats though, so condition-damage oriented) and a bunch of goodies.

You could also PVP to get Tomes of Knowledge (every fourth reward per tier) which will let you basically power-level your Revenant if you want (one level per tome).

im thinking pvp or dungeons will be best for me, not sure if you guys remember but i had some luck before where i got the greatsword from teq on first try etc. anyway i havent really done much of exploring zones even jump puzzles etc i havent done much of the living stories either, but im thinking if im playing on just using the rev as my main i may aswell do all that stuff with rev when hot launches kinder makes sense, otherwise im gonna do it all on a chracter i dont actually plan on using in future.

so in that case pvp for armors and goodies and dungeons for goodies could be best option right ?

Retro

@retro,
doesnt that screenshot imply that the Blighted Tree takes any dead body and turns it into a Mordrem. Meaning very similar to Zhaitan and dead bodies.

Spoiler tagging that for your own good.

There was some discussion on Reddit about it, I believe the popular theory is that it's not like Zhaitan where anything dead can be re-animated as a Risen, but is limited to plant material / Sylvari only. We'll have to see, but the idea that Mordremoth can corrupt anyone just like Zhaitan is a cool story hook.

so in that case pvp for armors and goodies and dungeons for goodies could be best option right ?

Once you run a dungeon's story mode, you unlock a special dungeon-themed PVP reward track, allowing you to get dungeon tokens and equipment without actually doing the dungeon if you want.

That's one way to go, but I personally think grinding out PVP reward tracks would get a little boring after a while, so throwing in some actual dungeons would mix things up.

Spoiler tagging that for your own good.

There was some discussion on Reddit about it, I believe the popular theory is that it's not like Zhaitan where anything dead can be re-animated as a Risen, but is limited to plant material / Sylvari only. We'll have to see, but the idea that Mordremoth can corrupt anyone just like Zhaitan is a cool story hook.

Once you run a dungeon's story mode, you unlock a special dungeon-themed PVP reward track, allowing you to get dungeon tokens and equipment without actually doing the dungeon if you want.

That's one way to go, but I personally think grinding out PVP reward tracks would get a little boring after a while, so throwing in some actual dungeons would mix things up.

Well now, all the dragons, save the destroyer one, are shown to be able to corrupt races to their bidding. Would make sense that this one can as well, turning them into plant controlled minions. Though, it seems to corrupt plants and sylvari much easier.

Ashodin

So event just ended, I got 30 blooms overall. Not bad. One of those chests was the daily, and I assume it was the one with the scarlet's stuffs. But who knows!

Mxrz

I'm sorry, ANet. I take back anything bad I ever said about Season 2.

* I'd guess people are getting higher numbers by doing just enough at an event to get credit and moving on to the next before it completes. Can't say I like that setup much.

One of the Sylvari in the CGI looks an awful lot like Faolain. I'd guess the Nightmare types already fell. If the Pale Tree is the only thing stopping Mord's influence, they'll be gone like the soundless.

I got 10+20 blooms and ended with 14 stacks. Eh. I didn't really like the event. I probably won't do it again. It felt like I was randomly waypointing across the map hoping that an event would still be up by the time I got there and then autoattacking as many things as I could before they melted. The rewards aren't good enough to make me want to do it over and over. Maybe if the mobs dropped loot or gave xp.

Oh well.

Retro

Well now, all the dragons, save the destroyer one, are shown to be able to corrupt races to their bidding. Would make sense that this one can as well, turning them into plant controlled minions. Though, it seems to corrupt plants and sylvari much easier.

At one point in the thread, we talked about how two of the known dragons create minions from an existing resource (Primordius' minions are are "created from rock and fire; they appear as mockeries of living creatures" according to the Wiki, Zhaitan uses corpses) and two of them corrupt existing, living creatures (the Branded and Icebrood). We don't know what the water dragon does, so that gives no hints on which process Mordremoth follows...

It could be that it creates minions from plant material that only look like living creatures, or it has some way to corrupt the living that we haven't seen. In the case of
Diarmid, she was already Sylvari and technically already part of Mordremoth's army, so that feels more like modifying rather than some kind of corruption (beyond the initial 'turning them evil' bit, of course)

Or there may be no rhyme or reason to it, they might just do whatever sounds coolest.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm sorry, ANet. I take back anything bad I ever said about Season 2.

* I'd guess people are getting higher numbers by doing just enough at an event to get credit and moving on to the next before it completes. Can't say I like that setup much.

One of the Sylvari in the CGI looks an awful lot like Faolain. I'd guess the Nightmare types already fell. If the Pale Tree is the only thing stopping Mord's influence, they'll be gone like the soundless.
That had to be Faolain yeah. I'm guessing the Nightmare Court are easily corruptible even if not willingly giving in, simply because they reject Ventari's teachings and everything to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom