• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

HixZeeX.gif

Diarmid, Mordrem Commander

from the Points of Interest stream.

Reminder:

¤ GAF Guild Belcher's Bluff Tournament #1 ¤

Welcome, welcome to the first ever GAF Guild Belcher's Bluff Tournament! I've been meaning to start this up for a while and I feel the lull between the game and expansion is the best time.

¤ What Is Belcher's Bluff? ¤

Added in the first Bazaar of the Four Winds, it's a mini game that is played by trying to make your opponent drink too heavily and pass out. Structured similar to rock paper scissors, you both select an option on your 1-5 bar, then an outcome is made. You can choose to drink, take a fake drink, or heal up. Of course, you can choose to harm your opponent if they fake it with a rousing belch!

¤ Where Does The Skill Come In? ¤

In addition to the previous skills, you can select unique abilities that modify your playstyle, learned from the masters of Om themselves!

Learn more here: wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Belcher's_Bluff

¤ What Are The Details Of The Tournament? ¤

• Signups begin now
  • No level requirement
  • Best of 3.
  • Conquest mode: Must switch winning signature move to another not used if you win.
  • Tournament will be posted this Sunday after the PVP Rush
  • Matches can be played any time after, but please send me a screenshot of the outcome to maxrpg(at)gmail(for)com or if I'm online, contact me to officiate.
  • Semi finals and finals will be streamed on Twitch
  • 1st Place Gold Reward: 50g
  • 2nd Place Gold Reward: 25g
  • 3rd Place Gold Reward: 12g
  • 4-10th: 5 Unidentified Dyes

Current Signed up Players (I'd like to get at least 10)

• Rawk Hawk
  • spiritfox

I will be doing Belcher's Bluff-a-rama to help people get achievements/signature moves before Sunday's start. After Saturday's missions, you can follow me around to each capital city, and I'll help coach you through fighting the NPCs, as well as maybe doing commentary on your fights!

Surprised we had to relearn to "burn bodies" or Dragon will minionize them.

Diarmid...is that a name of a Sylvari in one of the orders currently?

Fishious

FYI the prices for some of the enameled dyes have fallen on the TP due to them dropping from the Memories of Scarlet Box. It doesn't look like the full set can drop, but many of the more expensive ones have fallen radically in price. Those dyes like enameled crimson, emblaze, and reign to name few are currently cheaper than they ever were during the initial gem store release. They're still pricey, but if you want any of them this weekend is probably your best chance (unless they come back for another event later).

Jira

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Mordrem-Invasion-Update-11-September-12-30-PM

We have been tracking player response and recognize that this event has not gone as intended. We’re at a point where we can’t change anything more about this event for this weekend without risk to the greater portion of the game. We also are going to postpone our plans to organize an in-game event around the Mordrem Invasion this afternoon. Instead, we’re going to continue to monitor for your feedback and collect information that will help us improve on these types of events going forward.

We are aware of an issue where if you disconnect during the event you will not be able to rejoin. If you experience this, you will be able to participate in the events that follow the one from which you disconnected. For instance, if you were disconnected during the Kessex Hills incursion, you’ll be able to get into the next stage when it takes place in Diessa Plateau.

As we mentioned yesterday, we will be taking care of those of you who did not get your rewards, so look for those in your in-game mail in the coming days.

We encourage all of you who’ve participated in the Mordrem Invasion to please share your constructive thoughts on how we can improve on these types of experiences in the future. Please share your ideas and feedback in this thread.

Thank you.

It's very clear to me that not many people worked on this event at all and it wasn't designed by any senior designer. It feels like it was put together hastily without enough time. It also feels like whoever was in charge of designing it, hasn't paid attention to the last 3 years of open world event design on what worked and what didn't. They were better off not releasing this at all. I've seen people think that this is indicative of HoT's quality which is so far off the mark that it's just silly. They should have just kept the manpower on HoT.

Should have just re-opened CP or Grand Baazzar...

CP teach new players the fun of 1v1 combat..
GB teach new players the awesomeness of platforming..

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
It's so sad that this mess of an event is what new (like F2P) players get welcomed with. :/
I really love seeing these comments! I am having fun with this, so if this is C tier I am very excited to see them on their A or S game

Spyware

I really love seeing these comments! I am having fun with this, so if this is C tier I am very excited to see them on their A or S game
So great to hear that you enjoy it! :D
Yeah it's gonna be great to show the good stuff like the seasonal events (Halloween and Wintersday this year) to the new players, especially those that won't buy HoT yet. Gonna be suuuuch an amazing time for you guys :D

Should have just re-opened CP or Grand Baazzar...

CP teach new players the fun of 1v1 combat..
GB teach new players the awesomeness of platforming..

The folks behind GB are crashed in dry top though. It wouldn't make any sense story wise.

CP, however, that could have been fun. Another shot at the sovereign weapons as well.

Jira

So great to hear that you enjoy it! :D
Yeah it's gonna be great to show the good stuff like the seasonal events (Halloween and Wintersday this year) to the new players, especially those that won't buy HoT yet. Gonna be suuuuch an amazing time for you guys :D

Cannot wait to see LA all decked out. Gonna be interesting to explore it all over again for both holidays.

Has a dev said that?

I knew you'd ask. You just asked faster than I could manage to edit it in, heh.

I asked Dave how the redesign might affect official in-game holidays as well, and he explained that Halloween will remain in Lion’s Arch since it has strong roots in the city. However, Wintersday will continue to be celebrated in Divinity’s Reach, since it is a human holiday at its core. Events will take place where they fit best, rather than simply designating Lion’s Arch as the holiday hub.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/hidden-arcana-designing-the-new-lions-arch/

I personally prefer for the holidays to center around LA, but not much we can do about it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Didn't LA get a snow globe Mystic Forge though? Or was that just the first year?

edit: Funny designating it as a "human holiday at its core" when the festivities are all run by an asura XD

Spyware

Didn't LA get a snow globe Mystic Forge though? Or was that just the first year?

edit: Funny designating it as a "human holiday at its core" when the festivities are all run by an asura XD
Yeah but "at it's core" is not "whatever crazy toy thing it has become" ;P

Wintersday in GW1 was all about the gods. Dwayna (early spring) and Grenth (longer winter) battling it out to decide the lenght of the winter season :D

I'd say Halloween is also a very human holiday, but they explained that one staying in LA so whatevs :p

I think it's fun to see the same city decorated differently for different seasonal events, but I think I prefer to have them in different cities just to see more of the other cities. But then they actually have to give the Grove, Hoelbrak and Black Citadel something too...

Jira

Yeah but "at it's core" is not "whatever crazy toy thing it has become" ;P

Wintersday in GW1 was all about the gods. Dwayna (early spring) and Grenth (longer winter) battling it out to decide the lenght of the winter season :D

I'd say Halloween is also a very human holiday, but they explained that one staying in LA so whatevs :p

I think it's fun to see the same city decorated differently for different seasonal events, but I think I prefer to have them in different cities just to see more of the other cities. But then they actually have to give the Grove, Hoelbrak and Black Citadel something too...

I don't think the Black Citadel has got anything since the game launched other than refugees from F&F lol.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
jump puzzle guild event fun we got a random f2p stranger too :D

21147844118_3e2a405df7_o.jpg

Grimm Steelclock/Lordphantomhive/Wanderer5 won the five gold weekly jumping puzzle prize! Congrats!

s5cjYbj.jpg

Thank you to everyone who attended tonight. Congrats to Shizune for winning the race, and nice try to everyone else!

We will continue next week on Wednesday with Goemm's Lab in Metrica Province.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Teq was fun n we had lots of dmg was quite organized for pugs too

Retro

Today's anniversary sale is pretty good (still no character slots yet though);
  • Transmutation Charge – 5 for 37 gems (was 5 for 150). Can only buy 15 at this price.
  • Jungle Explorer Outfit – 350 gems (was 700 gems).
That's a pretty damn good price for Transmutation charges.

Zeroth

Makeover kits to make your characters pretty. Transmutation charges to have more skins to use.

Bunny ears/Grenth Hood/All skins 80% sale confirmed

Taffer

Niamh - mispronounced
Diamid - mispronounced, wrong gender bonus points

Can't wait to see which (not even rare) names get mangled next.

MikeDip

I just did a really cool king of the hill mini quest thing at Earthworks bluff. Are there a lot of those? I liked that hold your position thing.

• Transmutation Charge – 5 for 37 gems (was 5 for 150). Can only buy 15 at this price.

That's actually a price I'll pay for those things. I'll get some charges later tonight. :D

MikeDip

What do those charges do for me if I am new. I like the sound of cosmetic things they sound useful.

I don't have any gems though, blah, But I still like knowing!

hythloday

What do those charges do for me if I am new. I like the sound of cosmetic things they sound useful.

I don't have any gems though, blah, But I still like knowing!

They let you change how your armor looks. You can also get charges for free with the daily login rewards (unless you're a free player). Slow to accumulate, but they do!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member

I have over 70 charges and im not sure how

I just did a really cool king of the hill mini quest thing at Earthworks bluff. Are there a lot of those? I liked that hold your position thing.

You'll see more of those, and there are areas that have them linked as a big meta-event, where depending on which of the events in the chain succeed or fail, changes the outcome of a final event.

Veterans might be desensitized to them by now, but I still think they're awesome.

Taffer

Are these Gaelic or what?

edit: damnit sorry, thought I was edited.

Yep. Gaelic names is one my favourite parts of the overall Sylvari makeup but this is really disappointing. It looks like they're just picking names at random without checking how they're used.
I don't think they'll commit the ultimate sin though as mine's already in the game on a minor character that no NPCs talk to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom