• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT5| We've got fun and games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeroth

Yep. Gaelic names is one my favourite parts of the overall Sylvari makeup but this is really disappointing. It looks like they're just picking names at random without checking how they're used.
I don't think they'll commit the ultimate sin though as mine's already in the game on a minor character that no NPCs talk to.

Your name is Trahearne?

Spyware

Yep. Gaelic names is one my favourite parts of the overall Sylvari makeup but this is really disappointing. It looks like they're just picking names at random without checking how they're used.
I don't think they'll commit the ultimate sin though as mine's already in the game on a minor character that no NPCs talk to.
Heh. Same thing with norn. Knut is a really botched name for example. And they should be easier than the irish/gaelic names on theory. :p

Taffer

Your name is Trahearne?

No, it'd be pretty stupid to have the same name as my mother. Try as you might to forget, Trahearne was in your PS and you probably spoke to him.

Heh. Same thing with norn. Knut is a really botched name for example. And they should be easier than the irish/gaelic names on theory. :p

Do they earn points back by not going crazy with the Dave Davesson / Davina Davesdottir Rule of Vaguely Scandinavian Names? There's a few in there but not an extreme amount I thought (still have Norn PS to do).
Trahearne is not my mother's name.

Ashodin

Stream is live (www.twitch.tv/ashodin), I will be covering the guild missions (which are in an hour and a half!) plus some mordrem event coverage.

Most likely I'm going to record a video explaining how to play Belcher's Bluff and open the tournament to all comers on reddit, to make sure I get enough people to play.

Retro

Reminder: Guild Missions in One Hour!
No lotto tonight, as Hawkian is... um... doing something else, but he said earlier he won't be on. Any purchased tickets will roll into next week.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry i bailed on guild rush. Had no way point anywhere near and im so tired. Thanks for letting me come to the other ones tho

Retro

Another smooth Saturday Guild Mission Fever. Thanks for coming out everyone.

Makeup Missions are tomorrow at 3pm Eastern / Noon Pacific!

Wanderer5

Made a new thief, one that should be staying permanently now, and since I be making yet another Charr via Revenant, I decided to make a sylvari thief, and a female at that, so that I don't have to feel like I have some rule that female char have to be guardian only.:p

2015-09-12_00013_zpszgbmtsv0.jpg

2015-09-12_00015_zpsdx12r3qh.jpg

I notice that magitech shoes with the temple leggings is kind of cool looking

2015-09-12_00014_zpsje5xidgi.jpg

Had a hard time looking for a nice looking set for her, so think I liking this one a lot for now.

Indignate

Finally got around to trying the event, and yeah it's just straight booty.

Glad to hear that it's generally considered lackluster by all.

Mxrz

Got a nice dye, and probably a mini pet out of the event. Can't complain too much.

I don't really get 'necro main!' players. At least the ones taking on like theirs is the worst plight in mmo history. The class seems quite strong in pvp right now, with three different common builds. Which is more than most other classes. Just annoying to see people base their entire outlook on dungeon speed clear groups and what I guess is WTS since I see necros all the time in ingame-pvp.

Jira

Got a nice dye, and probably a mini pet out of the event. Can't complain too much.

I don't really get 'necro main!' players. At least the ones taking on like theirs is the worst plight in mmo history. The class seems quite strong in pvp right now, with three different common builds. Which is more than most other classes. Just annoying to see people base their entire outlook on dungeon speed clear groups and what I guess is WTS since I see necros all the time in ingame-pvp.

Agreed. I mean I'm going from a Guardian to a Necro as my main to play a Reaper cause it's so damn fun to play and LOOKS insanely cool. It was amusing to read that PvP thread where Reapers were wrecking people. I got my Necro to 80 about 2-3 months after launched and haven't touched it since but damn I can't wait to play Reaper. People get too caught up in math and stop having fun. Those people confuse me.

Agh, I missed guild party last night playing Mario Maker. Stayed up till like 3am making levels. Shit is fun, but very challenging. X_x

Sadly, I will also not be able to do make up events. T-T I've got a party to go to for once in my life, with the GF.

Retro

There's always a group of people who think their class is too weak and all the other classes are too strong. They think that there's a developer on the team who secretly hates their class and is intentionally making it bad; the design is made weak, bugs are purposely left in, they only read the forums to mock players.

To see the insane, tin-foil hat version of what this looks like, see the 14-part video series "Does Blizzard Hate Paladins" which looks at everything from the developers' old forum posts to the color of the text assigned to the class (seirously though, don't watch that, it'll give you cancer).

spiritfox

The Infinity Ball PS ending is pretty cool. I wished they actually used my class mechanics though.

Edit: I wonder what the connection between these steam creatures and Scarlet's. Did the LS retcon them to be Scarlet's inventions or was it due to different realities.

Retro

Today might be the last day of the sale, I'm not sure how far they're extending it.

• Shadow of the Dragon Value Pack – 300 gems (was 900)
    Includes the gloves, helmet and shoulders
    • Shadow of the Dragon Helmet – 300 gems
    • Shadow of the Dragon Gloves – 300 gems
    • Shadow of the Dragon Shoulders – 300 gems
  • Pet Rock – 87 gems (was 350)
The Infinity Ball PS ending is pretty cool. I wished they actually used my class mechanics though.

Edit: I wonder what the connection between these steam creatures and Scarlet's. Did the LS retcon them to be Scarlet's inventions or was it due to different realities.

It's explained in Season 2, she's responsible for them in this reality (which, I guess, means that in the alternative reality, you were their version of Scarlet... yikes.)

Morokh

At that price the dragon skins thingy's are tempting, but with no way of previewing them properly since they are not in the wardrobe and since the chat-codes don't work anymore ... no buy ! BLTP preview is crap !

Ashodin

Agreed. I mean I'm going from a Guardian to a Necro as my main to play a Reaper cause it's so damn fun to play and LOOKS insanely cool. It was amusing to read that PvP thread where Reapers were wrecking people. I got my Necro to 80 about 2-3 months after launched and haven't touched it since but damn I can't wait to play Reaper. People get too caught up in math and stop having fun. Those people confuse me.
You what

You're changing mains?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
how does one change a main?

Ash, you should pipe the Mumble chat into your stream next time.
or play music.

Zeroth

I don't see an issue with changing mains. Each class is fairly unique so you are always learning something new. I personally can only justify changing to another class when I feel comfortable in doing so with what I know from my current main, and every time I try a new class to main I feel I improve quite a bit as a player.

Retro

how does one change a main?

You just start playing one more than the other, like I did when I started playing my Engineer more than my warrior (though lately it's switched back).

I dunno that I have a character I think of as my "main character" anyways, since I'm always switching it up depending on what I feel like playing.

Ash, you should pipe the Mumble chat into your stream next time.
or play music.

We specifically ask that anyone streaming sets it up so Mumble Chat isn't audible. We want people to feel comfortable enough to speak up without fear that they're being recorded without their knowledge or that their comments are being replayed to an audience (especially one as toxic as twitch) without their consent.

Granadier

You just start playing one more than the other, like I did when I started playing my Engineer more than my warrior (though lately it's switched back).

I dunno that I have a character I think of as my "main character" anyways, since I'm always switching it up depending on what I feel like playing.

We specifically ask that anyone streaming sets it up so Mumble Chat isn't audible. We want people to feel comfortable enough to speak up without fear that they're being recorded without their knowledge or that their comments are being replayed to an audience (especially one as toxic as twitch) without their consent.

Well that makes sense. Also explains why the camera feed was over the chat. Coolio dealio.

Retro

Guild Make-up Missions in just under 50 minutes!
Don't forget the COF dungeon event today either!

Well that makes sense. Also explains why the camera feed was over the chat. Coolio dealio.

I've been in enough MMO guilds to know that people are absolutely terrified of speaking up if they think others will be even slightly judgmental. I really don't want people to keep quiet or feel uncomfortable because they're afraid someone is streaming without their knowledge and there's a bunch of creepers on twitch.

Granadier

Guild Make-up Missions in just under 50 minutes!
Don't forget the COF dungeon event today either!

I've been in enough MMO guilds to know that people are absolutely terrified of speaking up if they think others will be even slightly judgmental. I really don't want people to keep quiet or feel uncomfortable because they're afraid someone is streaming without their knowledge and there's a bunch of creepers on twitch.

Also it's probably good that my drunk shenanigans aren't recorded, hahaha.

Missions were great last night, glad to be back doing them again with you all.

Wanderer5

Tsk GW2 (well more like the computer a bit it seems) is acting up for some reason, so think I going to pass on today's dungeon run it looks like.:( Oh well won't be too sad of missing out on CoF heh.

Qurupeke

Finally reached level 80 with my first character. :)

I think I'll get HoT one of these days. I doubt I'd ever bother with GW2 if this hadn't been f2p. In my case, the model worked perfectly and made me want even more. Also, thanks to GAF for being helpful!

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
So I can't play in 1080p because my PC dupes the screen on both my TV and monitor, the monitor only going up to 720p.

Today I disable the monitor's display so I can play MGS in 1080. I play GW2...and not only does the game look infinitely better but it consistently runs above 60fps. Where as normally it's around 45, 60 when idle. Does that even make sense?!

Edit: On second thought, it probably has to do with the mirroring of one image being more taxing than the jump from 720p to 1080p. Nevermind!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
thats for letting my come along for dungeon, was really good.

some sexy screens :D (with and added water one from LA cos its sexy as fuck)

★ Jumping Puzzle Event Series ★
☆ NEXT UPCOMING EVENT - WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 23 ☆

Event #5 - Spelunker's Delve, Spekks's Laboratory, and Tears of Itlaocol

Required Character Level: 1 (15 Recommended)
Required Zone: Caledon Forest

Recommended Waypoints:
Sleive's Waypoint — [&BP4FAAA=]
Gleaner's Cove Waypoint — [&BDcBAAA=]
Falias Thorp Waypoint — [&BD4BAAA=]

Zeroth, appletoasty, and I will be hosting jumping puzzle events twice each week. Just like the ongoing dungeon events, these are aimed specifically at new players or players who may have never attempted puzzles before, but everyone is welcome to join!

The events will take place 30 minutes after server reset (8:30 PM EDT) on Wednesday and Friday nights, and will be fairly quick, but they give us another good excuse to see our guild members' pretty faces.

Around 10 minutes before the event, we will hop into Mumble, and start collecting at the entrance to the zone to help anyone missing the waypoint. We'll hoof it to the puzzle together, and we can get started as soon as everyone is ready!

To sweeten the deal, anyone who makes it to the chest at the end of the puzzle and stays for a group photo will be entered into a weekly drawing for a five gold prize. Going to both events each week gives you two entries in the drawing, so be there!

★ Dungeon Event Series ★
☆ THIS WEEK'S EVENT - SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 27 ☆

Event #9 - Honor of the Waves
Explorable Paths 2 and 3

Required Character Level: 80
Required Zone: Frostgorge Sound

All dungeon runs will take place after the completion of Sunday Guild Make-Up Missions (~4:30 PM EDT). Events should be expected to take no longer than two hours.

These events are intended to be rather casual, and they will be very new-player friendly. Players of every experience level are encouraged to participate, so please invite anyone who you think would like to join.

For each full party that completes a given week's dungeon run, five gold will be added to a raffle from which one participant's name will be drawn. So if five parties complete the event, you have a chance at winning an extra twenty-five gold! The more people who show up, the more money you can win!

We will be thinking of small bonus challenges each week to announce randomly during the events, which will award more prizes, so be ready for those too!

☆ REMAINING DUNGEON EVENT SCHEDULE ☆

#9 - September 27 - Honor of the Waves
Explorable Paths 2/3

#10 - October 4 - Crucible of Eternity
Story Path and Explorable Paths 1/2/3

#11 - October 11 - The Ruined City of Arah
Explorable Paths 1/2

#12 - October 18 - The Ruined City of Arah
Explorable Paths 3/4​

☆ DUNGEON MASTER CHALLENGE ☆

Any guild members able to attend all dungeon paths will be eligible for an even split of an extra two hundred gold prize! The fewer people who complete this challenge the more valuable your dedication and hard work becomes, so don't give up!

In the potential case that no one was able to show up for all of the paths, a reduced reward will be given to the guild member(s) who managed to attend the most weeks. So it's still worth giving it a try, even if you know you'll miss some weeks!​

Thorgal

I finally pulled the switch ( and my wallet ) and bought the sylvari t 2 and 3 med armor for my thief and greth , dwayna and Balthazar does it looks awesome .

gw22015-09-1401-13-44ddad5.jpg

Zeroth

Many thanks to my party this weekend: Shizune, Tyliout, Sonicbug and Kentsui!

Everyone had a lot of fun and we didn't run into any problems, in fact the P3 torch bit went in one go! Really impressive for two newcomers :)

Sonicbug

Many thanks to my party this weekend: Shizune, Tyliout, Sonicbug and Kentsui! Everyone had a lot of fun and we didn't run into any problems, in fact the P3 torch bit went in one go! Really impressive for two newcomers :)

As usual, I'm just happy I didn't crash or fall to my doom, or otherwise make a fool of myself. =)

Thanks for leading!

Spyware

did you see the oppressive ooze royalty?
Yes, after the hype and long ooze corridor it was sort of a letdown. I shouldn't complain tho because I got four rares and an exotic drop from the ooze corridor :p
But I guess it didn't help the impression of CoF that my head felt like a war was happening inside since the end of path 2. :(

Yes, after the hype and long ooze corridor it was sort of a letdown. I shouldn't complain tho because I got four rares and an exotic drop from the ooze corridor :p
But I guess it didn't help the impression of CoF that my head felt like a war was happening inside since the end of path 2. :(

The hype with the Ooze Royalty comes from people running the dungeon for year(s) and never knowing that they are there. The first time I fought them, it was really exciting to find out that there was new stuff to do in the dungeon after so many runs being the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom